Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW Z4 Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi jcginTX. On November 1st, BMW provided dealers with a $5,000 final dealer cash payment on any 2008 Z4 3.0i roadster units that they reported as sold. There is a good chance that any Z4s that are still sitting around received that cash. I definitely think that you can do better than a $4,000 discount on this car right now.

The lease program that you were quoted for this car is way out of whack as well. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Z4 3.0i roadster with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 and 60%, respectively for returning customers or new ones that pay a security deposit at lease signing. New customers can have their security deposit waived in exchange for a .00015 increase in the money factor that is used to calculate their monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • roadster7roadster7 Posts: 3
    I am interested in leasing a 2009 BMW Z4 35i. What is the rate and residual? Thanks!
    Have the lease rate and residual rates been released for the new Z4 35i hardtop convertible?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi roadster7. Here's the info that you're looking for. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Z4 3.5i with 15,000 miles per year are .00280 and 52%, respectively. BMW is not currently providing lease support on the new Z4, which is beautiful btw. The money factor that I mentioned is BMW FS' standard rate. It may vary some by region.

Car_man
    Host
    Yes they have, roadster7. Please see my previous post for the information that you are looking for. Good luck in your negotiations and make sure to let us know how everything turns out or if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you!!
    You're very welcome, roadster7.

Car_man
    Host
  • Greetings Car_man.

I'm back again. My lease on my 06 Z4 expires next month. I'm wanting to lease an 09 Z4 but am wondering if I should wait a year before doing so. Do you know the current/if any lease rates on the new Z4. Any advice would be great!!

Keith
    Greetings Keith. For August BMW unexpectedly enhanced its lease program on the 2009 Z4. Even with this enhancement, the redesigned Z is much, much more expensive then the one that you leased a couple of years ago.

BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Z4 3.0 with 15,000 miles per year are .00125 and 56%, respectively.

You never mentioned what trim level, term, or mileage allowance you are interested in, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Car_man
    Host
  • hkyhky Posts: 71
    I am wondering if it is possible to lease a z4 for a shorter term. BMW site term is 30 months. Is it possible to lease it for 24months or 18 months. What should I look out for if there is such a way.

Thanks
  • My 2007 Z4 M Coupe lease was for 24 months so I know you can do that short.
  • Need some advice for my daughter who's contemplating buying her leased 2007 Z4 with about 24,000 miles after the Dealer Certifies it as a Certified Pre-Owned. Quoting her residual @ $34,000, but will sell around $29,000 plus $1300 cost of the Certification.

rbsb11
  • Hi hky. Technically it is possible to lease a Z4 for less than 30 months, say 24 months. However doing so is not a good idea. BMW is providing the most lease support on 30 month terms. Its buy rate lease money factor for that term is an extremely attractive .00050. If you were to lease an '09 Z4 3.0 for 24 months, its money factor would nearly triple to .00125.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Carman,

Do you have the October lease rate (money factor) for a 30 month lease for a 2009 Z4 (both models).

Thank you,
    Bruce
  • When BMW financing provides a lease offer, is it possible to alter that offer slightly? For example, the current leasing offer for the Z4 stipulates a $3000 down payment with approximately $4600 due at lease signing. I would like to put only $2000 for the down payment and I'm wondering if this is possible. I'm aware of the fact that the montly pament will increase (about $30 more a month).

I've heard that some lease deals cannot be altered. Any info would be helpful.

Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,250
    Sure you can... those lease examples are usually structured to make the monthly price seem low...

But, you can structure it any way you want... On my last lease, I only paid 1st payment and registration fees up front.. ($XXX + $114).

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I certainly do, Bruce. BMW Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 30 month lease of a 2009 Z4 3.0 with 15,000 miles per year are .00115 and 63%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 Z4 3.5 are .00090 and 63%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • I am turning in a 2008 528i in Northern California and looking at a 328i convertible or a Z4 30i.
    Do you have current MF and residuals on 2010 Z4 30i ?
    36mth 10,000 mile
    36mth 12,000 mile
    24mth 10,000 mile
    24mth 12,000 mile
    Any particular incentives or deals on the car that I should be aware of? Thanks.
  • just an FYI to everyone out there.

I just picked up a remaining 2009 Z4 35i. There is an amazing 29 mo lease program for November.

60,500 msrp
    3000 bmw cash
    12k/29 mo
    mf .0007
    res 65%

$2500 due
    $550/mo
  • A bit ago, probably about a month or so (October 10th or just about then) I helped my friend get him a 2009 BMW Z4 30i. MSRP $50,600.

When all was said and done, he ended up with $499/month inc. CA 9.75% tax/title/reg with $1,000 driveoff (including first month's, dealer fees, and anything else you can think of.)

The term limits are:
    10k/yr
    30 month lease

Just wanted to know if I did a decent job for my friend or not. If you need any other info, I'll deliver it.
  • Hi mackeys. Here's the information that you're looking for. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2010 Z4 3.0i with 12,000 miles per year are .00250 and 64%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00250 and 57%.

If you were to lease this car with only 10,000 miles per year, its residual values would be 1% higher.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $1,500 holiday credit that BMW is providing on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • Congratulations on getting your new Z4, narcolo. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. As I'm sure you know, real-world examples like this are always helpful for people who are in the market.

Say, if you haven't already you may want to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others as well.

Thanks again and enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • mowermower Posts: 16
    MSRP 51,200 INVOICE 47,500 Here is my question:.

When using the basic lease form from Edmounds, do I subtract the $1500 HC and the $1,700 dealer assistance ($3,200) from the invoice price of $47,500 and then add back in $500 for the dealer? ($44,800 selling price)

If this is not correct, please explain where these discounts should go so I can discuss a price with the local dealer. Thanks much Carman. Art
    I am still confused. I see some writers taking the monies off the MSRP instead of the INVOICE cost. I am trying to order a BMW during the promotion period. HELP.

Thanks.

Mower
  • Hi mower. The $1,500 cash incentive that is currently available on the 2010 Z4 comes out of BMW's pocket and has nothing to do with the dealer.

When negotiating a lease on the Z4 that you're interested in, either shop around for the lowest possible selling price before any incentives are deducted stipulating that the $1,500 will be subtracted from that

OR

Figure out exactly how much you want to pay for this car, taking the $1,500 into account, before visiting dealers and use that as your target price.

Either way, you should be able to negotiate an attractive dealer discount before the deduction of any BMW-sponsored cash incentives.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello Car-man:

Thanks for the answer to my questions. I will let you know if I make the purchase by 1/04/10. Take care and happy holidays. Mower
  • Ok here is what the Dealer is offering.

09 BMW Z4 sDr35i 3.0 Roadster, premium package, exclusive ivory white extended leather, 18" wheels with run flat, 7 speed double clutch auto transmission, deep sea blue metallic paint. 1100 miles, new.

MSRP $60,025.00
    sell price $52,552.00
    rebate $3000.00
    net cap cost $50,474.62
    Residual $39,016.25
    mileage 12,000
    Residual 65%
    Money factor .00135
    Total OTD payment $2000.00
    Monthly payment $515.93
    Term 29 months

Can I get an opinion on this as soon as possible??? We have the car to use for Sunday but need to make a decision on Monday.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,250
    That looks like a great deal on a $60K car...

Don't know where you live, but a 29-month lease on a convertible gets you three winters and only two summers... Of course, if you are in Houston, Miami or SoCal, that's no big deal..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Close to Houston in Austin Texas. One month of winter per year. My wife is not sure about it because it doesn't have seat warmers or satellite radio!
  • well we did not pull the trigger on it. My wife appears to like the Acura better. If anyone wants that deal in Austin Texas it seems like a great deal to me.