Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW Z4 Lease Questions

Comments

• Hey Car Man,

There are a few dealers here in the DC area with 2010 Z4 30i's left, any clue the lease details MF and residuals on 10,000 miles a year?

Thanks,
    JC
  • Hi jcarl. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Z3 3.0i with 10,000 miles per year are an unattractive .00230 and 40%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

If you really want to lease, you will probably be better off going with a 2011 model.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi Car_man,

Can you give me BMW Financial Services Nov money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of 2011 Z4 3.0i with 10k miles per year? Thanks in advance!
  • Hi ttyl123. According to the latest information that I have seen, BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Z4 3.0i with 10,000 miles per year are .00120 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • atebitatebit Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    It looks like the Holiday Cash promotion is over now? What's BMW's current deal?
  • You are correct atebit. BMW's holiday cash is gone. This month BMW is providing special, lower money factors for loyal customers, but no cash on the 2011 Z4.

BMW Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Z4 3.0i with 10,000 miles per year are .00100 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

This money factor drops to .00070 for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • gla4gla4 Posts: 3
    Hello guys, I’m trying to get my Z4 and a really need some help here, is my first car in the states so I could use a lot of help; here is the deal:
    2011 Z4 sDrive 3.0
    Deep Sea Blue Metallic
    Black Leatherette
    Silver Matte Trim
    Ipod and USB Connector

MSRP of $48,325
    Sale price of $45,370
    Up front $ 1,238
    36 Month Residual $28,995.00 (60%)
    Money factor .00115
    12k Miles/yr
    All payments are based on 7% Dekalb County Sales Tax, include dealer admin fee of $599.00, Tag, Title and Georgia Lemon Law fees $42.00 and Lease acquisition fee of $725.00.
    Monthly of $ 600, it is fair? I smell something fishy…
  • Hi Car_man,

Do you know what are money factor and residual for 2011 Z4 3.0i?
    I'm looking for 36month lease @ 12K per year.

The car have MSRP of $50950 and price talked last with the dealer is $46250.
    With $0 Down, we are at $602/month.

What do you think about this deal? by the way, I live in TX, so the sales tax of the total vehicle is rolled in to the lease.

Thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    I certainly do midnightfang. BMW Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Z4 3.0i with 12,000 miles per year are .00100 and 60%, respectively.

This car's money factor drops to .00070 for loyal customers.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 dealer cash that is currently available on it. If I was in the market for this car right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over invoice minus the cash.

Car_man
    Host
  • bimmerfan8bimmerfan8 Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,

I am intrigued by the bmw advertised lease this month for the Z4 3.0 @ $399/24mo $2275down. Do you know what the MF and residual is for this lease? Because the car is selling at or close to invoice, can/should I do better than this (assuming the lease figures are advertised base on sticker)?

Thanks!
    Hi bimmerfan8. I am familiar with the deal that you mentioned. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Z4 3.0 with 10,000 miles per year are .00150 and an astonishing 80%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

I suspect that you will indeed be able to negotiate a lower selling price than the one that was used to arrive at this car's advertised payment, which in turn would lower your car's payment assuming everything else stays the same.

Car_man
    Host
  • uksamuksam Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,

I am on the verge of getting a BMW Z4 S35i based on their seemingly outstanding lease offer of $439/month for a 24 Month/12,000 mile lease. I am planning on special-ordering this car with options around $2k over MSRP. Giving a total MSRP of around $59k. The lease offer is based on an MSRP of approx $57k. She informed me that every $1k in options will cost $48 more per month in lease cost.

This doesnt seem right to me? If calculated using total MSRP, the money factor and residual, shouldnt the additional cost for options be much less?

Also, do you know if this offer will last past end of may?

Thanks so much
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 30,443
    That's wrong.... $1000 less down (or higher cap cost) on the same vehicle would be around $45-$48/mo. more....

But, with a higher MSRP, you also get a higher residual And the residual for the Z435i is an incredible 79%....

So, even if you are paying full MSRP for the $2000 in options, the added depreciation is only $420 ($2000 X .21), divided by 24 months = $17.50/mo.. Add another $6.80/mo. for finance charge, and thats around $24/mo. + tax... If your price only increases $1800 for the $2K in options, knock $7.50/mo. off that...

One caveat.. if you are adding non-residualized accessories, then those will be very pricy on a 24 mo. lease.... as, you'll pay the full amount over the 24 months.. (just don't do it).

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• franky89franky89 Posts: 1
    Looking to lease a BMW Z4 30i Roadster. Current special is $399 + tax per month with $3,374 down, including first months payment. I was wondering how long it takes to order and receive the car cause the dealer only has one on the lot. Also is there any cash back for this month?
  • dantmdantm Posts: 7
    This brings back memories...in 2006 I leased a base Z4 for an unbelievable rate...I remember the 24 month money factor was 0.00041 (0.98% interest rate) and the residual percentage was 72%. On a 37.3K car (negotiated to 33K with the dealer) the payments were $281/month...

I don't think this has ever happened since, has it?
  • geoge1geoge1 Posts: 2
    frabky 89 - i was told about three weeks... how did you do?
  • geoge1geoge1 Posts: 2
    now am told that nothing can be ordered - waiting for 2012 - 399 offer wont be available... there is some availability around other dealers - just have to find the right one - the lease is quoted for msrp of 52,300 so payments may go up or down based on the msrp of the actual car
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,914
    A reporter is interested in talking with roadster fans who would like or dislike the idea of a smaller engine in the new BMW Z4. If you care to share your comments, please send an email, including your daytime contact info, to pr@edmunds.com no later than 5:00pm Pacific on Friday, August 12, 2011.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Hi everyone,

I am being offered the following lease deal:

2011 bmw Z4 3.0
    A75 Melbourne Red Metallic 550.00
    Upholstery LYSY Walnut Kansas Leather 1,250.00
    ZMP M Sport Package 3,900.00
    1CD Brake Energy Regeneration N/C
    2TB Sport automatic transmission N/C
    322 Comfort Access keyless entry 500.00
    494 Heated front seats 500.00
    639 BMW Assist with Bluetooth 750.00
    6AA BMW TeleServices N/C
    6AB TeleService Control N/C
    6VC Combox controller N/C
    Net Total 54,900.00
    Destination Charge 875.00
    Gas Guzzler Tax N/C
    Total Suggested Price 55,775.00

The deal is as follows:
    Sales Price $52,915
    Acq fee $725
    DMV 444
    Tire fee 8.75
    Cap reduction 600
    Rebate 1000 loyalty
    Rate .00111
    80% res
    Customer cash total 4834.75 (includes $3150 MSDS)

Payment 448.74 including tax

I didn't get the $1000 drive for team USA (was too late) and this is $1000 over invoice. What do you guys think? Go for it or keep fingers crossed for 2012 similar deal?

Thanks for your input!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 30,443
    edited August 2011
    You are a guy after my own heart... You really know the ins and outs of a BMW lease...

There is about $4300-$4400 spread between MSRP and invoice, but when you add in the training fee and MACO, the spread is $3700-$3800.. Your discount is $2860. If there is any room there, that's the spot. If the stars aligned, you might get them to cut the price by another $500.

However, about 95% of the time, a BMW dealer will mark up the money factor and acquistion fee the maximum allowed.. Many dealers just won't write a lease at the base rate. As I'm sure you know, your deal is at the base rate..

There is some pressure on the dealer. He doesn't know if BMW will continue this lease deal for another month (it's been 4 months already), and if they don't, they'll probably put $5K trunk money on the car, and kill the lease deals. Believe me, the dealer knows that it's a lot easier to lease a car for $500/month, than sell it for $47K.. That said, there is probably a 99% chance that this is as good as you are going to get.

I love the MSDs, and that you made the $600 Cap reduction to get under $450 (saving you from making another $350 in security deposits). Taking the $1000 bonus, instead of the .0003 MF reduction was another good move. You really did your homework.

I would jump on it.

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Thank you so much for your input. I am not crazy about red color (mostly my wife is not in love with it; she says it looks like "I am playing for the other team :)". The car has no Nav and no ZPP (WTF?). But the deals sounds good and I will probably go for it. Thanks again.
  • choosinuchoosinu Posts: 22
    edited October 2011
    Help!

I have to return 2008 lease in 10 days. I know, procrastinating cost me early return when BMWFS deal was much better.

This forum has always been helpful with previous lease deals (2006 Z4 and 2008 Z4 SI) I want to lease again 2011 or 2012 3.0I with Premium, Cold, Sport. Currently in Oregon and finding little to no availability.

Do I really have to fly to CA and drive back?
    Hello guys

I looking for a lease on a 2012 Z4 sDrive 28i :

Jet Black
    Walnut Kansas Leather
    Sport package
    Satellite Radio

The deal:
    $ 53425 msrp
    Selling $ 49500
    36 month lease
    12k a year 63%
    .00175 mf with 5 security deposits $3000
    Plus $1300 due at signing (first payment, doc fees...)
    Pmt is $570 includes tax

Should I take this lease?
    Update

Is a 36 months with 12k miles/yr

We went to the dealership today (Macon, GA), my wife and I have a credit score over 740.
    They pull out our credit and after that the rewrite all the lease, the seller told us that our payment was $ 585 + $ 1800 upfront and he say we couldn't make security deposits.... I really don't understand why they change the deal.

Is true the the money factor in BMW is always 0.00210 even with a good credit?
  • Anyone have any information on residual % and MF on a 2012 Z4 sDrive 28i? Any idea if the residual is different for a manual transmission? Looking for a higher mileage lease (15 or 18k). Also, anyone know if the terms get better as we get closer to convertible season? I know that no one has a magic eightball, but just curious based on previous experience. Thanks
  • Hi ddr1981. BMW Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Z4 2.8 with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 65%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The deals are not very attractive on many vehicles right now...at least not nearly as attractive as the deals that were available at the end of the year. So I don't think that the deals that are available on the Z4 are likely to get much worse. Having said that, entering top down season would likely spur demand for convertibles an in turn lower their incentives, not increase them.

Car_man
    Host
  • hi CarMan and BMW lovers

what is the Residual % on 2012 - 15k and 12k Miles
    Is there any special MoneyFactor for March
    for a sticker price of 57.4k, is 53k a good buy price?
    for a 36 months / 15k miles what should be the monthly payment and tax?

is the Z4 going to be redesigned in 2013?
    Hi sweetthunder. BMW Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Z4 sDrive28i with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 65%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

BMW is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car. Taking that cash into account, the selling price that you mentioned is probably around $1,000 over invoice...which isn't terrible.

I haven't heard anything about a Z4 redesign next year.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thank you CarMan

925 in acq + 75 doc = 1000 - this is rolled into the total.
    without tax - 675 for 15k miles -36 months.
    no cash down except license and first month. 500+675 month
  • hello Carman

i finally picked my black z4..
    1500 - cash down for title and cap cost
    1000 in other fees
    fully loaded z4 28i
    Nav, heated,etc., as listed in my previous email
    615 per month
    36m/12k miles

is it good bad?