Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW Z4 Lease Questions

Comments

• pellynhpellynh Posts: 12
    Does anyone know the residual/MF for July? I saw BMW has a 49% drop for Z4's year to year for June so the deals should be stellar!
    Dah! I spoke with a couple of dealers and (supposedly!) the numbers have either remained flat (unchanged) or gone UP for some models! (The Z4 remained the same)

So much for bad numbers for the month of june... :(
    The July numbers are out...Here's what we have for the Z4 3.0i:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216031

2007 BMW Z4 3.0i Convertible
    24 Month – Residual 73% of MSRP – .00125 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 63% of MSRP – .00125 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 38% of MSRP – .00325 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 31% of MSRP – .00325 Base Rate

Residuals posted are for 15K miles/year. Add 2% to Residual for 12k mi/yr and 3% for 10k mi/yr on all terms

With the 36mo rates, it is really easy to get a very well equipped model for under $399 a month with a reasonable amount down...Not too bad...might have to pull the trigger on this...
  • misterepmisterep Posts: 52
    Seems some discrepancies surround Z$ sales...here are the sales figures:

June 07 Sales (all Z4 models) -- 834 (off 49.8%)
    June 06 Sales (all Z4 models) -- 1,633

June 07 Year-to-date Sales -- 4,576 (off 9.8%)
    June 06 Year-to-date Sales -- 5,072

Of note - the M Roadster is off over 50% year to year.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi valen. Using the numbers that you mentioned in your post, an MSRP of $42,675, a selling price of $39,575 ($500 over invoice), a money factor of .00125, and a residual value of 63%, I estimate that this car would have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $442.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    I'd be happy to take a look at the deal that you were offered, SpaceKing. $500 over dealer invoice is a very good selling price for an '07 BMW Z4. Furthermore, the money factor, residual value, and acquisition fee that you were quoted are right in line with BMW's Financial Services' current program for this car. This is a good thing because it means that the dealer that you are working with is not trying to mark your money factor or bank fee up to slip some hidden additional profit into your deal. This lease looks good to me, go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're very welcome, valen. Here's the information that you're looking for. Through July 31st, BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 BMW Z4 3.0i roadster with 15,000 miles per year are .00125 and 63%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '07 Z4 3.0si roadster are .00100 and 63%. 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that BMW Financial Services publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until the scheduled end of your lease and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome snohflake. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

BMW Financial Services' money factors vary by trim level. Its current buy rate lease money factor for the '07 Z4 3.0i roadster is .00125 for returning lessees or consumers who pay a security deposit at lease signing. It looks as though the dealer that you are working with is trying to mark your car's buy rate up a little bit to slip hidden profit into your deal. BMW's current lease program is scheduled to run through July 31st. The 36 month, 10,000 mile per year residual value that you mentioned, 66%, is right on the money. The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 1% lower than the 10k resid.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome smithy23. Since this is your first time getting a new car, I assume that you have never leased before. If this is the case, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

The money factor that you were quoted for this car is too high. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate for a 36 month lease of an '07 Z4 3.0i roadster is only .00125 for consumers who pay a security deposit at lease signing. It appears as though the dealer that you are working with is attempting to mark up your car's buy rate to slip additional, back-end profit into your deal. Make sure to insist that they use the buy rate to calculate your monthly payment.

The selling price that you were quoted looks way too high as well. I have seen consumers report getting Z4s for $500 over invoice. Sure the market for this car may be different in Minnesota if there is not a lot of competition, but I still think that you can do better than full MSRP. Stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately: "BMW Z4: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi zhamid. BMW Financial Services' buy rate for the Z4 varies by trim level. Its current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of an '07 Z4 3.0i roadster is .00125. Let me know if you want the factor for a different version of this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi zhamid. See my previous post for this car's money factor. BMW FS' 36 month, 10,000 mile per year residual value for the '07 Z4 3.0i roadster is 66%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Car man, what do you know about transferring your lease? Is it a good idea with BMWs?
  • tristatetristate Posts: 1
    Hi, guys,

The special offers in July:
    http://www.cincinnatibmw.com/lease/leasemain.htm

I am interested in leasing a 328i or Z4. Do they seem like a good deal? Can I still negotiate based on this offer?
    Thanks!
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,946
    Those are the nationally advertised leases... Most of the time, they leave a little more negotiating room..

That said, it is sometimes difficult to even get the standard deal out of Cincinnati dealerships..

The Z4s and X3s have the best lease programs, right now.. The 3-series lease program is decent. How well you do, depends on how well you negotiate.

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• New to this site. Visited a NYC dealer to ask about leasing a 2007 3.0i. Didn't know about leasing until now, but here's my deal:

Metallic paint
    Sport Package
    Auto power roof

I think that was it. MSRP $39,400. Dealer offered $37,700 and suggested a great deal on a two year lease with 10K miles per year. Due at signing: sales tax, first month, security deposit and $625 for something I don't recall.

Monthly payment: $407 per month. Good deal?

Thanks for any input.
  • I recently negotiated the following deal with a local dealer in New York (Long Island, not NYC) and per the sales manager, they cannot go a dime lower. I don't truly believe this, but wanted see what opinions I can get here.

The figures that they claim that they are using to determine my payments are in line with the current monthly promotions (money factor .00125 (or 3% interest rate), 63% residual of MSRP on a 36 month, 15000 mile per year lease.

The MSRP they are using is $43,725 (exactly what I came up with in equipping the car)

They say that the cash sale price, they cannot go any lower
    than $41,725.

The invoice price is $40,220, and reasonably, I was expecting to be able to get the cash price down to $40,720 ($500 above invoice).

The numbers that I am being given are as follows:

Total Initial Charges $5004.92
    Breakdown: 1st payment $425
    Security Deposit $450
    Acquisition fee: $625.00
    Fees & Ins: $22.50
    Upfront Taxes: $1537.42
    Cap Reduction: $1900.00

$425 per month total as monthly payment.

After negotiating further, I was able to get down to $420, with slight modifications to the numbers above and a drop of the cash sale price to $41,556.

I inquired as to what the price would be if I went without the $1900 cap reduction cost, and it came out to be $475.55.

Another mater is of 2 accessories I wanted to add. The rear Decklid Spoiler ($220 + 1 hours labor to install @ $112 per hour) and the wind deflector with removable centerpiece ($356 + 2 hours labor to install @ $112 per hour). But the strange thing here is, that I think they may be ripping me off on the parts. These numbers I got from the same dealer's parts and service depts. However the salesperson claims that the parts cost hundreds of dollars more and would cost $1400 to install, (my figures are closer to $960), but he would install then for a sale price of $800 added to my down payment. I fear that they are trying to roll the surplus of the misquoted parts into the cash price of the car to boost my payment.

Any opinions?

My dream would be tax and fees upfront.

Cash price of $500 above invoice.
    Parts installed at the same $800 on top of that.
    And a monthly payment of $460

Is that a high? Or too low a figure?

Please help, I need to make a deal by weeks end, or forget it alltogether, so any opinions will mean alot..
  • P.S.
    The $1400 to install I meant was for both accessories as well as the installation charges. My number again for the same, came to around $960.
  • BTW, has anyone tried installing the Wind Deflector with removable centerpiece? The dealer quotes 2 hours labor. I think I could do it myself if no drilling is required and save another $224.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,122
    Taxes into your payment & pay $0 cap cost reduction both for the same reason:

If the car gets totalled or stolen at anytime during your lease (you could get clocked by an Expedition on your way out of the dealership) both the Cap Cost Reduction and UpFront taxes will be gone (good luck getting those taxes back from Gov. Spitzer.

Right now you're at $1505.00 over invoice (Did you add $300 MACO fee & $180 Training Fee to your invoice price?). $1000 over invoice on any new BMW in our area (I live in Westchester) is a pretty good deal (My Dad is leasing a hot selling '07 X5 for $1000 over invoice). I don't know if you'll get $500 over invoice on a Convertible in July, maybe in December.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• Thanks for the advice, makes sense. I don't think I was using those fees, actually never heard of them. 300 MACO fee & $180 Training Fee? What is the MACO fee? I think then that I might be in better shape than I thought. Waiting for the dealer;s final verdict on whether they can accommodate me on my $460 per month payment. Do you think they will find that doable with $0 down? They have been getting harder and harder to get on the phone after I became more savy as a buyer, my salesman seems to lose more interest in my business as more comes out of the bottom line for them. I am dealing with Hassel in Freeport, but they seem to be driving me towards Rallye. Any opinions on those dealers or on how feasable my deal woudl be?