Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW Z4 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    You're welcome sweetthunder. The dealer is marking up your vehicle's acquisition fee by $200. BMW FS' base fee is only $725. Having said that is the acquisition fee is included in what I believed was a selling price of $1,000 over invoice, it puts your car's actual price much closer to invoice so overall this is a very good deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • ahydrieahydrie Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man

Could you share the May 2012 lease rates for a Z4 sDrive 28i? Do you know of any lease incentives being offered as well? Is the $1000 lease incentive still being offered on the Z4?

Thanks!
    Hi ahydrie. BMW actually increased its cash incentive on the 2012 Z4 to $2,500 this month. Not to shabby.

BMW FS' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Z4 sDrive 28i with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
  • ZoneMobJZoneMobJ Posts: 13
    Hello Carman -

Hope all is well. What is the MF and residuals on the Z4 for June - on both the 28 and 35 models. Was thinking 10 miles and 36 month lease.

thank you!
    Is there still a $2500 cash incentive for June (or any at all)?

thanks!
    Is this a good deal?

Z4 - 12K miles per year
    MSRP incl. 875 for destination - $56,925
    MF: 0.0019
    Residual: 65%
    Selling Price (incl. 2500 BMW incentive): $51,825
    Total Amount down towards 1st month, acquisition etc.: $2000
    Lease is 628.66 incl tax (CA)

According to my calculations this is about $35 dollars too high - I feel it should be around $595.

Please let me know what you think.

Thank you
  • delferdelfer Posts: 29
    Hi sweetthunder and carman. I know it's June already, and you got this deal in March.

CarMan, could sweetthunder's deal be even better, provided this month's incentives, etc?

And sweetthunder, I'm looking at exactly the same car, a fully-loaded 2.8 in white with red leather. So far, the inventory for this is looking slim, but I was hoping you'd be willing to share your deal numbers, as it seems to be a great price and lease arrangement.

Thank you in advance. Happy to return the favor with mine, for the use of other Z4 enthusiasts and potential shoppers.
    All is very well, thanks ZoneMobJ.

BMW Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Z4 28i with 10,000 miles per year are .00190 and 66%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Z4 35i are interestingly exactly the same.

When negotiating your deal on either of these cars, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 cash incentive that is currently available on them.

Car_man
    Host
    Yes, ZoneMobJ, the $2,500 is indeed still available in June.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi delfer. While the cash incentive on the 2012 Z4 is $1,500 higher in June than it was back in March, its residual values are 2% lower as well. This will offset much of the difference. All things considered, this car's current lease program is slightly better than the March program was.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello Carman - I think I got a GREAT deal - would like to get your input - same car as before but I really negotiated them down:

Z4 - 12K miles per year
    MSRP incl. 875 for destination - $56,925
    MF: 0.00175
    Residual: 65%
    Selling Price (incl. 2500 BMW incentive): $50,450
    Total Amount down towards 1st month, acquisition etc.: $2000
    Lease is 586.75 incl tax (CA)

Let me know! Thank You!
  • josweajoswea Posts: 3
    Hi,

I got quoted this today, 36 months lease 12000 miles/year $542 monthly payment in CA, and wondering if it's a good deal?

Vehicle Price: $54,545.00
    Market Savings: - $7,545.00
    SmartChoice Price: $47,000.00

Sales Tax (estimate): + $3,649.01
    Tire/Battery/MVWEA: + $7.00
    Tag/Registration Fees (estimate): + $376.00
    Flat Add/County Fee: + $8.00
    Electronic Filing: + $29.00
    Smog Abatement Fee: + $20.00
    Documentation Fee: + $55.00
    Balance Due (estimate): $51,144.01

Amount Due at Signing
    1st Month Payment 542.39
    Fees & Insurance 495.00
    Upfront Taxes 4.27

Cash as Drive Off 950.00
    Inception Fees Waived 91.66
    Looks pretty good to me. Here was mine, I got the car yday @ Century in Alhambra.

MSRP as equipped: $59,645.00
    Selling price: $52,410.00

It was a 2.8i with
    Premium
    M Sport
    Comfort Access
    Nav
    BMW apps

Monthly payment: $547.59
    Tax: $47.91
    total monthly: $595.51

Drive off: $1,880.88, based on sum of:
    1st payment: 547.59
    Doc fee: 45
    Bank fee: 725
    License and Reg: 488

Got the most honest deal from Henry Suh @ New Century BMW in Alhambra.
    I would've gotten it otherwise from a previous guy I worked with in Pacific BMW Greg Poland, but his dealership couldn't get my exact car.

Msg me directly for more details
    Hi ZoneMobJ. This looks like a pretty good deal to me. Enjoy your fun new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Mr CarMan, just for reference, how was my deal? Could it have been better? I tried to do solid research
    :)
  • lilmsylilmsy Posts: 1
    Is this a good deal for a 2012 z4 28 lease?

The MSRP is $60695. Total cap cost under the assumption below of the absolute minimum due at signing is $61591.01 including all sales taxes and fees. There are no additional lease costs other than the Acquisition fee of $925. The residual value for 36 months at 10K miles/year is 66%, which is incredibly high, and the money factor is .00245.

payment of $847 with $1103 due at signing.
    discounted the Z4 $3800 for you
    Hey delfer. The car that you leased probably has a spread of just under $5,000 between its MSRP and dealer invoice price. Plus in June there was a $2,500 cash incentive on it. That gave you a little under $7,500 to work with. The $7,200 discount that you were given on this car looks very attractive to me. It's pretty darn close to invoice minus incentives. The bank fe wasn't marked up either. If the dealer used BMW FS' buy rate lease money factor of .00190 to calculate your payment then I'd say that this is an excellent deal.

Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Hi lilmsy. What is this car's selling price, pre-fees? That is an important number to know because it will show us how much of a dealer discount you are being given.

Even without this number, there's some aspects of this deal that I do not like. The dealer is marking up both this car's acquisition fee ($725 base) and money factor (.00190 buy rate) in an effort to add additional back-end profit to your deal. If I was in the market for a Z4, I personally would insist that the dealer did not mark up either of these items.

Ahhh, wait I see that you were given a $3,800 discount on the car. Is the dealer subtracting the $2,500 cash incentive that BMW is providing on it from that or does it already include it? If not then you definitely can do better than that.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello Car Man,

Could you share the November, 2012 lease rates for a Z4 sDrive 28i? Do you know of any lease incentives being offered as well? Trying to figure out if this is a good time to lease one...

Thanks!
  • I'd be happy to goirish2012. BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Z4 sDrive 28i with 15,000 miles per year are .00125 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

BMW is providing a $1,500 holiday credit on leases of this car through the end of the year.

Car_man
    Host
  • I'm in contact with a CA dealer (Pacific BMW in Glendale) on a 2013 Z4 28i lease. He's saying that in order to do the lease offer advertised on BMWUSA.com, it requires a cap reduction and can't be baked into the monthly payments. Is this correct? I've never encountered a situation on an advertised lease where the advertised cap reduction couldn't be rolled into the payments in order to reduce the drive-off
  • Hey,I'm looking to lease a new 2013 Z4 35is drive and I would like to know what are some monthly prices that I should expect?

I would like a 12-15k 36
  • mrbambammrbambam Posts: 2
    edited December 2012
    Hello, these are my figures
    Msrp 69,895
    Marked down to 64,901
    1899 down
    39 months 15k miles per year
    Monthly payment is 856 per month including taxes
    Is this a good deal
    The residual is 59%
    Thanks for your time
  • mikegrahamjrmikegrahamjr Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    I am looking for the MF and reisdual values for the following lease terms for a manual 2013 z428i in NJ.

10k miles / 39 months - RES/62% MF/0.00125
    10k miles / 36 months - RES/? MF/?
    10k miles / 30 months - RES/? MF/?

Thanks,
    MG
  • Hi MG. BMW Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 30-month lease of a 2013 Z4 28i with 10,000 miles per year are .00125 and 66% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for a 36-month lease are .00125 and 63%.

The numbers for a 39-month lease are .00125 and 62%.

There is a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of this car in December.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey Car Man! Can you provide the April lease rates for a 2013 z428i? 36 months with either 10k or 12k miles per year.

Thanks!!
    Sure mullins2013. BMW Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Z4 28i with 12,000 miles per year are .00129 and 66% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey Car man. I am looking for a 2013 sdrive 28i roadster for a 36 month lease with Tech package features (Blue tooth, nav, voice control also parking assistance) in LA. Can you tell me about what kind of payments (down/monthly) I should expect if leasing in month of May? Do you expect any Memorial day discounts for lease?
    Hi culverguy. BMW's current lease program is only scheduled to run through April 30th. We won't know what the May program will be like until it is officially announced on 5/1. I can work up a payment for you using the April program if you provide me with this car's MSRP and dealer invoice price for now if you want.

Car_man
    Host
  • jlsellersjlsellers Posts: 21
    Any word on the MF and residuals for the Z4 which I believe is now being designated as the 2014 model but ordering is now open? I would be interested in 15k annual allowance for 24 or 36 months.