Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW Z4 Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,652
    Colorado? You won't get much use out of it.. Just when the weather starts getting nice, you'll be out of it...

Plus, if you do have cosmetic issues, or tire problems, you'll only be able to amortize the costs over 5-6 months.. There isn't a big risk, but it is there, nonetheless..

The price looks good.. but, they've had good Z4 lease deals off and on for the last 2-3 years.. I'd look for a lease that has a little longer term remaining (at least so you can drive it in nice weather).

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• pjo1966pjo1966 Posts: 120
    Has anyone successfully leased a Z4 at the current advertised lease price of $329? It's for a base model with automatic only.

$329 First month's payment
    $2,500 Down payment
    $350 Security deposit
    $3,179 Cash due at signing
  • I ended up buying the Boxster S over the BMW Z4. Even with all that factory money and the super low lease, I still liked the Boxster better to pay the extra money. Sorry BMW, I thought about it seriously, but in the end would have felt like I settled for the Z4. Not that it was a bad car my preference was just for the Boxster all along.

Plus my wife hated it. Said it looked like a Squid. Several others provided comments about the looks of the car that are not suited for this forum. :blush:
  • esfoadesfoad Posts: 210
    My wife and I had a similar discussion between the standard Boxster and the Z4 3.0Si. We chose the BMW because the monthly difference was too great to let go. The difference with similar equipment was almost $200 per month! Now after just hitting 5K miles on the BMW, I have to say it's a great car. However, the Boxster is also wonderful and I understand your choice.

So, best of luck with the Porsche and come back once in a while to give us the true feelings of a Boxster owner who also seriously considered the Z4.
  • Hello voodooist. BMW is currently providing a whopping $6,500 dealer cash on the 2007 Z4 3.0si roadster. Plus the car that you described probably has a spread of around $3,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. This gives us a total of $10,000 to play with. You are being given a discount of $9,550 on this car, which is probably equivalent to around $500 over dealer invoice and is a good deal. Just make sure that the dealer you are working with uses BMW FS' current buy rate lease money factor of .00275 (with the payment of a security deposit) to calculate your monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi azndavid. BMW did not pull the plug on the dealer cash that it has been providing on the Z4 in October. In fact, it actually increased its dealer cash on the M coupe to $7,500 and kept the rest of its lease program the same. If you haven't pulled the trigger on this car yet, try to negotiate a selling price that is $6,500 to $7,000 below dealer invoice and then have the dealer that gives you that price calculate your monthly payment using BMW FS' current buy rate lease money factor of .00275.

Car_man
    Host
  • I hope I didn't give the impression that I didn't like the Z4. I did like it, but my heart was with the Boxster. By the way, I picked up my Boxster S as a Certified Pre Owned. Brand new would have been way too much. I see the Z4's all the time on the road and the look has started to grow on me. But I'm a Porsche guy now. ;)
    So far I love the Boxster. Wife and I have been taking lots of weekend trips, everything fits perfectly in the car. Even with the 19" rims and the low profile rubber the car rides like a dream. My only complaint would be the blind spots when the top is up. Then again I am coming from a 4 door car where looking over my left shoulder looked out the back side window, now it looks into a black top. I never drove the Z4 with the top up so I can't really compare. Thank goodness for heated seats and the wind deflector, with those I can keep the top down almost all the time. Driving last night with the top down on the freeway was no issue at all, even at speeds up in the 90's. I also have to say I really like the fact that I can put the top up or down while the car is moving (up to 30 mph), something I was told the BMW couldn't do. Even in the short time I have had the car it has been great to be able to drop the top on a whim, or raise it while getting a sunburn in slow traffic (note to self, keep a hat and sunscreen in the car at all times ) :shades:
    I think I would have been happy in the Z4 too, and certainly would like the extra money every month, but I had the opportunity to grab the Boxster so I did.

Best wishes to all, I'll keep checking back to hear how people are enjoying their Z4's
  • I also have been cross shopping the Cayman and M Coupe.
    With my preference going to the Cayman.

After driving the BMW then the M Coupe you realize why the Porsche is the better car.

But I digress..I am leaning to the M Coupe for the economics of it.

Carman. Im sort of a lease beginner.
    Im turning my wifes BMW 325i in for a M Coupe 2 months early.

Do you think its possible to put down 1st month and tags and get a payment of $575 including tax for 2 years with current programs?

The car is a tick over $54K I tried a lease calculator but it got me nowhere.

The sticker price is: $54,725
    SELLING PRICE is $44,320
    Here are the two offers I got from the guy:

No money down,$616 a month. 24mo only with 10,000miles per year.

$2500 down, $504 a month. 24mo only with 10,000miles per year.

You great insight is appreciated.
  • A dealer offered $5K down and $580 per month with tax.
    The catch being that $4500 of the down is multiple security deposits which I get back at the end.

Not sure about this...any info about this security deposit issue would greatly help.
  • But what is the selling price, etc. Without that info, no one can tell if it's a good deal or not. The multiple security deposits are to bring the money factor (interest rate equivalent) down. It's not always a good idea to put a lot down on a lease. For example, you put $5,000 down. A month later the car gets stolen or totaled. The insurance pays out to the leasing company but you're $5,000 out of pocket.

I'm not 100% sure on the figures but a lease on a Z4M should look something like this at the moment (this is for my state of Oregon so your tax and tags will vary)'

Z4M with premium package;

MSRP: $55,200

Selling Price: $44,000 (Edmunds TMV - marketing support of $7,500)

Lease Term: 24 months
    Money factor: 0.0275
    Residual: 68%
    Security deposit: $450
    Acquisition fee: $550
    Tax and tags: $128 (Oregon!)

So, with,say, $2000 down (total down here would be $3128, gives us a monthly of $455 + tax. Of course, this will be higher for states with higher DMV fees. Also, you'd need to find a dealer willing to sell at the TMV minus the marketing support.
  • The car has premium package no nav and no heated seats.

Dealer discount:
    MSRP $54,725
    SELLING PRICE $44,320

So not sure why my payment if so different from yours.
    I appreciate you posting a response.
  • Can you ask them to confirm the money factor and residual that they are using? That's a good price from them but I wonder if they are bumping up the money factor.
  • I'm looking at a loaded 2007 Z4 (have a 2003 Z4; going to sell).

I have always bought in the past, but leasing is looking attractive (putting less miles on the car and keeping only four years now).

I see you quoting 24 month leases, but the dealer says the 36 month is a much better deal. Comment? He quoted residual of 69% but I saw 68% in a post in this forum.

I've worked a tentative discount that will apply either way (sale or lease). Nice thing about lease is not having to pay the sales tax (8.25%) up front.

I love the car (except for the run flats).
  • The BMW dealer said 24 month is more attractive at this time for Z4 Coupe.

Not sure if this applies to other models.
  • Got more info.

24 mo. residual on 3.0si - 69%
    24 mo. residual on 3.0m - 68%

36 mo. residual on 3.0si - 59%
    36 mo. residual on 3.0m - 57%

Slim pickings on 2007 Z4 unless you want an automatic, coup, or M.

Watchout. Some dealers are trying to sell new leftover 2006 Z4 M with the same discount available on the 2007 M's ($10K at least).
  • Hey everyone, Im about to lease an 07 M Roadster, 6500 under invoice. Do you guys think I should do it today before the end of the month or wait to see if the incentives get any better for November? Do you know if they will be available immediately tomorrow?
  • Greetings andrewinla2. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Let's work up a lease payment on the car that you're interested in and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 M Coupe that has an MSRP of $54,725 and a selling price of $44,320 through BMW Financial Services right now for 24 months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $585. With $2,500 down this payment would drop to around $474, but it is not a good idea to make such a large down payment when leasing. Consumers who do risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi again andrewinla2. It is much better to make multiple security deposits when leasing a BMW than it is to make a down payment. At lease-end you actually get your security deposits back (assuming that you are under mileage and that your car is in good shape) while a down payment just disappears.

BMW Financial Services provides a .00007 money factor reduction for every additional security deposit that lessees make. If you were to make the maximum of seven additional deposits, you would be able to reduce the money factor that is being used to calculate your monthly payment by .00049. This would drop the monthly payment on the lease that I just calculated for you by around $39 per month, to approximately $545.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi 530iturk. It sounds like you are new to leasing. If so, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Generally speaking, the longer a lease is the lower the monthly payment will be. A 36 month lease of a BMW Z4 would definitely have a lower monthly payment than a 24 month lease would right now. In case you are interested, BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 BMW Z4 3.0 roadster with 15,000 miles per year are .00275 and 55%, respectively. This car's 12,000 mile per year residual value would be 2% higher and the 10k residual would be 3% higher than the 15k resid.

Car_man
    Host