Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW Z4 Lease Questions

Comments

• Hey chimmaera. BMW's November incentives for the 2007 Z4 are basically the same as they were in October.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Retail Price $57,320.00
    Selling Price $47,320.00

Term: 24 Months
    Annual Miles: 10,000
    Residual 66%
    Residual Value $37,831.20
    Money Factor 0.00310

First Payment $606.74
    Acquisition Fee $825.00
    Security Deposit $650.00
    Cash Down $2,000.00
    Sales Tax $1,046.50
    DMV Fees $676.25
    Doc Fee $50.00
    ___
    Due at Signing $5,029.84

Monthly Payment $606.74

Anyone know if this is a good deal or not? It's a 2007 Z4 M Coupe with Premium Pkg, Power Front Seats + Heated Seats, BMW Assist, Logic 7, and Nav.
  • I got a 2007 White/Red M Coupe with no nav for $3K down and $539 per month WITH tax.
    2 year, 10K miles per year.
    This is in SoCal.
  • Hello,

My dealer gave me following lease deal.
    Shall I take it?

Z4 roadster 3.0i
    Titanium silver
    Premium Package
    Sport package
    heated seats
    Xenon headlights
    M Sport front seats
    total suggested $45,050

lease price $36,050
    24 mont lease
    residual $30,634 (68%)
    lease monthly foctor 0.00310

protection plan $90
    total added caps $825
    adjusted cap sost $32,465
    cash cap reduction $4,500
    total sales tax $1,014

base monthly rental $271.9
    security deposite $300
    total initial fees 235.25
    amount due at start $5,746.16

total monthly $296.91

This is the last car at the dealer lot.
  • Sorry I forgot mention that I live in Washigton state and lease term is 24 month
  • Hello jojo16. The money factor that you were quoted for this lease looks a little high to me. If you are talking about a 2008 Z4 here, BMW Financial Services' current buy rate for non-returning customers who pay a security deposit at lease signing is only .00270. Make sure that the dealer you are working with uses this factor to calculate your car's monthly payment.

I see that you are considering making a $4,500 down payment on your lease. In my opinion, that is way too much money to put down. Consumers who make large down payments on leases risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. You would be better off paying as little money as possible out of your pocket at lease signing.

One thing that you should use to reduce your car's capitalized cost is the $2,500 dealer cash incentive that BMW is providing on leases of the '08 Z4 3.0i through BMW Financial Services right now. Negotiate a selling price that is as close to dealer invoice as possible and then have the dealer subtract this dealer cash.

Car_man
    Host
  • colecole Posts: 67
    Car_man - I'm looking at a 2007 Z4 Coupe and and looking for the same great info that you always provide!

What are the current residuals and money factors for the '07s assuming a 36/39 month lease at 15,000 miles per year?

Also, I assume that the TMV on Edmunds takes the $7500 rebate into consideration when it gives you the "price others are paying." Is this right?

Thanks!
  • Just wanted to no what deal I might have gotten?

2007 roadster 3.0si
    premium package, sport, cold weather, 6 speed, auto top, 18" wheels, pretty much loaded no navigation, does anyone no how much nav is to put in, or do you have to get already installed. I did not no about this cash back for 6500 everyone is talking about, the price out the door that I negotiated down to was 38967.00

24 month lease
    my payment is 400.00 a month thats including tax
    the 2000.00 I put down was for lic, tax, 1st month
    10k a year
    I think my residual is 68%
    my payment is 400.00 a month with tax
    how did I do?
  • jojo16jojo16 Posts: 6
    Thanks Car_man

The next day, Christmas eve, I came back to the dealer to negotiate further.
    Finally we reached an agreement slightly better than the deal the dealer offered the day before.
    Monthly payment was down to $242. Lower than what I was paying for the car I traded in.

There might have been a room to further negotiate, but I am totally happy with the Titunium Silver Roadster.'t wait for the summer to drive top down.
    It is only 120 miles driven since delivery in three weeks - it has been rainy here in seattle all time in the winter, can.
  • what model standard or 3.0 si, its a big difference in cars. what was your down payment to get 242.00
  • I presently lease a BMW and my current lease is about to end. I am starting to look for a new car.

BMWUSA has posted on it's web site a lease offer for a 2008, 3.0i Z-4 with the following terms. $2,500.00 cash down with monthly lease payments of $379.00, not including sales tax, for 39 months based on MSRP of $38,450.00.

My question are:

1. Should I expect the dealer to accept an offer lower than MSRP? If yes, by how much?

2. May any reduction in price by the dealer be used to lower the down payment or the monthly payment required by this lease?

Thank you for your help.

Mike
  • got a very basic 08 3.0i roadster w/
    39mo lease at 12k/yr w/ option to buy extra mileage until last 4 months of lease

-heated seats
    -bmw assist
    -motorized top
    -metallic paint

(i'm forgetting somethign I'm sure)

for 1k total out the door and 500/mo inclusive of CA tax. so like 459 / mo ish w/o tax.
  • Hi Mike. You absolutely should get a discount on the Z4 that you are interested in. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. If I was personally in the market for a Z4 3.0i right now, I would shoot for a selling price of $500 over dealer invoice and then have the dealer that I was working with subtract the $2,500 cash incentive that is available on it from that. You can look up the invoice price of the exact model that you want by visiting the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Once you arrive at a selling price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer calculate your car's monthly payment using BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor. Its buy rate for a 36 month lease of an '08 Z4 3.0i roadster is .00255 for returning BMW lessees or new ones who pay a security deposit at lease signing. If the dealer that you are working with tries to charge you a higher rate than that they are likely marking your car's money factor up to add additional hidden back-end profit to your deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • Congratulations on getting your new Z4, zkaudio. Thanks for taking the time to share the details off your lease with everyone. Make sure to stop by the new Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with everyone. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
  • erdoranerdoran Posts: 8
    Car Man, how in the world do you get $500 over invoice less 100% of the trunk money? I've been negotiating for two weeks with several different dealers, and I can't get anywhere close. I've hit every local dealer and several long-distance ones! I think I have a deal lined up that's really good, but it isn't the $500 dealer profit one. What's the secret to this? thanks
  • mbn1941mbn1941 Posts: 2
    Like you I have tried to get a price of $500 over dealers invoice but without success. Once I tell the dealer I want the advertised BMW Financial Services lease they tell me they are required to discount the car by $2500 to make the lease and therefore cannot discount the price further. I have tried three dealers in South Florida with more or less the same results.
  • kperesskperess Posts: 29
    I have a line on an '06 Z4 coupe (certified) with 10,000 miles on it. The dealer sued it as a loaner. Has premium and sport packages, auto tranny with flippers. Dealer is asking $29,900. Was put into service on Jan 2 '07.

Any thoughts on this? I live in the upper peninsula of Michigan (so lots of snow) and am also looking at the TT as a possible toy.
  • erdoranerdoran Posts: 8
    mbn1941, that sounds bogus to me, although I'm just a consumer and have no inside knowledge! If a dealer is "required" to discount $2500, there is no reason they can't CHOOSE to discount further. Check out the invoice pricing on edmunds.com. From 3/1-4/30/08 there is $2500 factory to dealer incentive on the z4i and $3000 on the z4si. I think what is happening is that they are pricing it at MSRP and giving you this "trunk money" as it is called. I don't see anything in your post that says the dealer has to SUBSIDIZE or CONTRIBUTE to the lease!
  • Hi.

I am interested in leasing a 2008 BMW Z4 3.0 si coupe. Could you please tell me the residual value and the money factor on this car? I am looking at a 36 month lease.

I live in the NYC area and was quoted $41,200 with an MSRP of $45375. What would be my lease payments without a cap cost reduction? I am looking to include taxes in my monthly payments. Thanks. :)
  • dk90210dk90210 Posts: 5
    Hello all. I am very much interested in the current BMW Z4 Lease Special (36 months @ $369 w/ $2500 down) but I have a few questions:

1) How do they arrive at those numbers? What is the negotiated cost? Residual? Money Factor?

2) I have seen similar specials at my local dealers here in Southern California that play on this lease special, including 39 months @ $399 w/ $3000 drive-off, and even 36 months @ $459 w/ $0 drive off! Of these, which way would be better - Less drive-off and more monthly, or vice versa?

3) How much more would/should I pay if I wanted to extend the lease to 12K miles per year? 15K miles?

By the way, the special can be found here at http://www.edmunds.com/new/2008/bmw/z4/100954196/incentives.html

Thanks for your help!!! :)