Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW Z4 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi nazgul1. You never mentioned exactly what model Z4 you are interested in, but assuming that it is the 3.0i roadster the selling price that you were quoted looks pretty good to me. It is really equivalent to around $800 over invoice after the $2,500 dealer cash and $200 acquisition fee mark-up that the dealer is making are taken into account. Just make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor of .00200 to calculate your car's monthly payment instead of the slightly marked-up one that you mentioned.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hello, I just signed my lease on a 2008 Z4. Will hopefully pick it up tomorrow. I am posting my numbers here since this site was so helpful to me. Feel free to critique the deal but please be kind to the newbie. I cut and pasted the earlier post substituting my numbers for ease of comparision.

Columbus Ohio MAG BMW
    MSRP $41,950 (INCLUDES AUTO, SPORTS PKG, XENON LIGHTS, HEATED SEATS, ETC).
    NEGOTIATED PRICE $37,325
    TERM : 36 MONTHS
    RESIDUAL VALUE 63%
    MONEY FACTOR : .00116
    MILES : 10,000 PER YEAR

LEASE PAYMENT = $337.79
    TAXES 6.75% = $22.80
    TOTAL MONTHLY PAYMENT = $360.59

DOWN PAYMENT $2,500
    BANK FEES $925
    SALES TAXES $818.67
    SECURITY DEPOSIT $2800 = (7*400)
    TAG $86.50
    1ST PAYMENT $360.59
    TOTAL DUE ON DELIVERY DAY $5966.83

Total on delivery is high since I paid both a down payment and 7 fold MSD. The MSD reduced total cost by $1100. I could not negotiate the down payment away since they used that to underwrite the low monthly rate, intially advertised on the BMW website at $349+tax for the base model. On Oct 28, 2008 that base rate went up to $399+tax, so I believe them when they said I had to finish this deal by the end of this month, on Halloween.
  • Congratulations on getting your new Z4, bigmoneywasted. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. If you'd like, you can also hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello Car_man,

Do you have the residual and money factor for 08 Z4 si 36 mo 15K miles? I am trying to validate numbers a dealer is giving me. Here's what I have gotten from him so far:

Negotiated price - 43,500 (includes metallic paint, premium, sport, nav, steptronic, heated seats and zenon headlights)

Dealer says MSRP is 50750. That only makes sense if nav is not in the car. I get 52550 MSRP and 48380 invoice from this site,.for the options listed.

Dealer says payment will be 578 incl tax based on 60% residual 30450. and 2.3 mf from BMW financial. He says I am getting loyalty discount on car but doesn't say what that equates to. The 2.3 is also not making sense. They show purchase apr of 2.9 which would result in different mf rate, provided that is the basis.

Hopefully you can help, my current lease is up this month Z4 i and I would be paying 20 dollars more than I pay now for my 2006 if the payment amount is correct and the car is new with more options, but I just can't get the numbers to work in lease calculator.

Thanks in advance
  • :D Okay, I got one; another one that is. I am set to return 2006 Z4 3.0i in 3 weeks, so I went out today and got my new one 2008 Z4 3.0si. I would've gone for the "M" but I drive in too much stop and go So Calif traffic to contend with the manual transmission. This has been a great car for those of you who are wondering. Here's the deal I got today:

Thousand Oaks, Ca - RusnakBMW
    Space Gray (options metallic paint, premium, sport, steptronic, heated seats, xenon lights, and M sport seats)

MSRP 51,250
    Negotiated Price 43,500
    Residual Value 60% 30,750
    Money Factor: . 00230
    Miles: 15,000
    Term 36 months

Lease Payment = 526.30
    Tax 8.25% = 43.42
    Motnhly Pay = 569.72

Down Payment 0.00
    Sec Deposit 0.00
    Bank Fees 925.00
    Tax on Bank Fee 76.31
    License Fee 358.00
    CA Tire Fee 8.75
    1st Payment 569.72

Total Drive off 1937.78
  • Hi choosinu. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 BMW Z4 3.0si roadster with 15,000 miles per year are .00230 and 60%, respectively. As you can see, these numbers are in line with what the dealer quoted you. A money factor of .00230 is equivalent to an interest rate of around 5.5%. That's the going rate for a lease of this model right now. Manufacturers frequently charge different interest rates for leases and loans on the same vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
  • I just heard that BMW has released the 2009 Z4 roadster. Does anyone know what the MSRP will be and what I might expect to pay to lease one.
  • Hello all,

Lately I've gotten the sports car itch. I was looking at taking over a lease for 600/mo. I also have to pay a transfer free of 500 and a end lease fee of 300. I was wondering what all could be negotiated when it comes to taking over a lease? Could I negotiate the payment or is that locked in by the financing company?

I'm assuming I could get the seller to pay the fees, or at least one of the two. I've never done anything like this so I'm a wee bit lost.
  • Hi mortal1. Of course, I don't know how the particular car that you are interested in is equipped, but $600 per month seems like a lot of money for a BMW Z4. Have you compared the cost of leasing a new one with the cost of this assumption. You may find that going with the assumption doesn't make financial sense.

The payment on the lease that you are considering assuming was set by BMW Financial Services, or whichever bank it is being leased through long ago. It cannot be altered, but people who are interested in assuming leases are often able to negotiate some sort of kickback from the individual who wants to get out of their lease, ssuch as "OK, I'll assume your lease but you have to throw in a grand and pay all of the fees."

Car_man
    Host
  • I am looking at a new Z4 i convertible with premium and many features but no sport. Sticker is $43,700 and I get the same number when I add up the features on Edmunds.

Dealer offered $4,000 off the sticker right up front. This gets it to $39,550 which is under Edmunds invoice best as I can tell.

36 month 15k lease would be MF .003 with 60% residual

I see a November posting with a MF of .0023 for a 36/15 with 60%. Is this still valid?

I see the $3,000 dealer incentive in November, is this still valid?
  • Hi jcginTX. On November 1st, BMW provided dealers with a $5,000 final dealer cash payment on any 2008 Z4 3.0i roadster units that they reported as sold. There is a good chance that any Z4s that are still sitting around received that cash. I definitely think that you can do better than a $4,000 discount on this car right now.

The lease program that you were quoted for this car is way out of whack as well. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Z4 3.0i roadster with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 and 60%, respectively for returning customers or new ones that pay a security deposit at lease signing. New customers can have their security deposit waived in exchange for a .00015 increase in the money factor that is used to calculate their monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • roadster7roadster7 Posts: 3
    I am interested in leasing a 2009 BMW Z4 35i. What is the rate and residual? Thanks!
    Have the lease rate and residual rates been released for the new Z4 35i hardtop convertible?
    Hi roadster7. Here's the info that you're looking for. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Z4 3.5i with 15,000 miles per year are .00280 and 52%, respectively. BMW is not currently providing lease support on the new Z4, which is beautiful btw. The money factor that I mentioned is BMW FS' standard rate. It may vary some by region.

Car_man
    Host
    Yes they have, roadster7. Please see my previous post for the information that you are looking for. Good luck in your negotiations and make sure to let us know how everything turns out or if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you!!
    You're very welcome, roadster7.

Car_man
    Host
  • Greetings Car_man.

I'm back again. My lease on my 06 Z4 expires next month. I'm wanting to lease an 09 Z4 but am wondering if I should wait a year before doing so. Do you know the current/if any lease rates on the new Z4. Any advice would be great!!

Keith
    Greetings Keith. For August BMW unexpectedly enhanced its lease program on the 2009 Z4. Even with this enhancement, the redesigned Z is much, much more expensive then the one that you leased a couple of years ago.

BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Z4 3.0 with 15,000 miles per year are .00125 and 56%, respectively.

You never mentioned what trim level, term, or mileage allowance you are interested in, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Car_man
    Host
  • hkyhky Posts: 71
    I am wondering if it is possible to lease a z4 for a shorter term. BMW site term is 30 months. Is it possible to lease it for 24months or 18 months. What should I look out for if there is such a way.

Thanks