Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW Z4 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan,

Thanks for the advice! Now I have to call the guy back and push for more. I've not signed anything, but I have already been approved by BMWFS.

Thanks again!!!
  • toncartoncar Posts: 3
    hi carnan,
    thanks for your response. the MSPR is 37059. and selling price of 32000 inluding delivery. i m gonna put down 3000 in cash include everything: tax title, registration fee etc.. and i m gonna be paying 300 a month. let me if it is a good deal
  • CarMan,

I'm confused after I read your reply later on.

MSRP - $39970
    Invoice - $36620
    Selling price - $35250
    TMV - 35396

This "deal" is $1370 under invoice. I've done better than $500 over invoice.

Thanks again for your time!
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,568
    I always think it is a good idea to roll the taxes into your lease. Do this for the same reason you shouldn't put a down payment on your leased car, if the car gets wrecked or stolen, good luck getting your money back from whatever state you live in.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• You're welcome omegagen. Good luck and let us know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • No problem toncar. BMW is currently providing $3,000 dealer cash on the 2005 Z4 2.5i. You are being offered a discount of just over $5,000 on this car, so you are probably getting it for less than $1,000 over dealer invoice which is a reasonable price. According to my calculations, if you were to lease this car for 30 months with 12,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $368. I assumed that you were not going to make a down payment because it is in your best interest to not make one when leasing. I say this for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your insurance company pays off the bank that you were leasing it through and your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your Z4 would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put $3,000 down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all. For a point of reference, with a $1,000 cap cost reduction this car's payment would drop to around $334, with $2,000 it would drop to $299, and with $3,000 it would drop to $265.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey omegagen. Your deal is not actually under invoice once the $3,000 dealer cash that BMW is providing on the 2005 Z4 2.5i right now is taken into account. This dealer cash means that if you pay $35,250 for a car with a dealer invoice of $36,620 the dealer is still making $1,630 on your deal. You may be able to get them down at least another $500 to $1,000.

Car_man
    Host
  • Well, I didn't get back to the forum to check CarMan's last post to my question, so I didn't push for anymore on the deal. I felt comfortable with it and after looking around at dealerships within 200 miles radius most Z4's I found were option-loaded which was out of my price range. I refuse to buy locally in Wilmington, NC. The one I got was just right for me, so I decided not to push the envelope. Since it is a third car, sunny weekend car, 10K/yr is plenty for me. I barely drive 13K/yr on my everyday vehicle.

I made the deal on the car over the phone which left me buying "sight unseen", but the dealership, Leith BMW in Raleigh, NC, was easy to work with, therefore, I didn't have any qualms with this. Great buying experience!

The car is beautiful and a blast to drive!!! I just love the gray and black interior, black leather on the seat's side bolsters and a gray-cheque material down the middle. Some people complain about the brushed aluminum look inside, but I think it looks kinda "James Bondish". The whole car looks sooooo cool! I'm glad I got the SP package. It gives it a more aggressive stance!

Thanks for all the advice CarMan even though I wasn't able to adhere to your last post! When I saw the selling price was below Edmunds TMV I thought I was doing good, but I guess I there was still more wiggle-room. Oh well, live and learn! Thanks!
  • I'm considering a 2005 Z4 2.5i and found this car at a local dealer equipped as follows:

Prem. PKG. $3,200
    Sport PKG. $1300
    Steptronic $1,275
    Leather $1,150
    BMW Assist $750
    Xenon $700

Total MSRP $43,370
    Invoice $39,760

The best price I am able to negotiate is $38,030 + $499 dealer prep fee = $38, 530

First, is this a good deal considering the current $3000 dealer incentive on this model?

Second and most important, taking into consideration BMW's current lease program, what would be considered a good lease deal on this vehicle (30 mo. lease/10K mi. limit?) I've never leased before so it's "new territory" for me!
    Thanks!
  • I am getting this 2005 Z4 3.0i at a local dealer:

MSRP: $49770
    Included: Prem. PKG; Sport PKG; Auto tran.; Xenon; Heated seat; Extended Leather;

Negotiated a deal for $459.99 per month (30M/10K) after tax w/o down:

Sale: $40197.09
    ACQ Fee: $970
    Money Factor used: 0.00141
    Residue: $31355

Dealer mark up the Fee and Money Factor, but lowered sale price under invoice.
    Is this a good deal to go?
    thanks
  • iparkipark Posts: 3
    To forum

Recently I found out that there were decent 2005 Z4 deals around (299/month?).
    However, the deal seemed to be expired 10/31/2005 by bmw's website.
    Is this deal still around? Cuz I like to get one very soon (over the weekend) if the deal is still around.
  • iparkipark Posts: 3
    I reply to my message --;

I checked it now on bmw website, the promotion is still availale.
    Now it's 27months instead of 30 month previoiusly.

Is this a good deal?
    and how is driving on the snow?

cuz I need to drive this car time to time on the snow since I live in New york where it snows moderately during the winter time.

Yes, this would be the only car.
  • I just spoke with a BMW dealer in IL. He told me the same mfr incentives carry into November. I don't know about the mf or residuals.
  • I am planning on leasing a bmw Z4 2.5i during the month of November

msrp is 41095 invoice is 37685

I want to lease the car for 36 months with 0 down and I want 15k miles per year

please tell me what my lease payment should be if I negotiate well for the car

thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,606
    '05 Z4 2.5

3yr/45K lease
    Residual 55%
    MF .0010

$41095 MSRP
    $35700 Selling price ($1K over invoice minus $3K incentive)
    $36325 Cap cost (selling price + $625 acq.fee)
    Payment = $441/mo. + tax
    Due at signing = 1st pymt, security deposit, title/license fees ($1200-$1300 total).

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Congratulations on your new car, omegagen. there's nothing like having a fun, weekend car to cruise around in. I know that you'll enjoy it :D . thanks for taking the time to stop back and let us all know how everything turned out.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi fireball. There's a reason manufacturers have to put thousands of dollars in dealer cash on a vehicle. Don't get me wrong, I think that the Z4 is a neat car, but if it was selling really well BMW wouldn't need to provide so much dealer cash on it. The price that you were quoted is $1,770 over dealer invoice. If you are in an area where there is a lot of competition for your business, I would not be surprised if you were able to beat this price. You may want to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars recently: "BMW Z4: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Let's estimate what this car's lease payment should be using BMW's actual lease program and the prices that you were quoted. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2005 Z4 2.5i with an MSRP of $43,370 and a selling price of $38,530 through BMW Financial Services right now for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $415. I based this deal upon a 36 month term because for the month of November, BMW made this car's lowest money factor available for this longer term. It will result in a lower lease payment than a 30 month lease would. Of course, if you are able to negotiate a lower selling price, this car's lease payment will drop as well.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi dreamrocks. The first problem that I have with the deal that you were quoted is the lease money factor. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 30 month lease of this car is only .00100 for consumers who pay a security deposit. Try to see if you can get the dealer to use the buy rate factor is used to calculate your car's lease payment. If not, it's not that big a deal because the selling price that you were quoted for this car is excellent. If looks to be a little below dealer invoice once the $5,000 dealer cash that BMW is providing on this car is being taken into account. If you like the car, go for it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi ipark. BMW is still offering an attractive lease program on the 2005 Z4 in November. The main difference between its October and November lease programs for this car are that the most attractive length lease for one was 30 months in October and it is 36 months in November.

Car_man
    Host
  • chrchr Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man,

Thanks for posting all the great info! I was wondering if you had the breakdown for the money factor and the residuals on 2.5 z4's for periods between 24 months to 36 months (24,27,30,36) And also, have the rates been better in December and January because of the winter?
  • Hi, i need help understanding this deal. I am worried that i will not be getting the best deal as i am a single female, leasing for the first time. please help!
    27month/10k mi year lease
    residual: 65%
    MF: .00135
    MSRP: $46,570
    Adjusted Cap cost $42,395. ($5000 incentive, initial Cap cost $41,570 plus $825 additional cap costs. what is that anyways?)
    payment: 547/mo
    due at signing: tax, no security, title,license $1910
    P.S. i live in buffalo, not the hottest market for this car
  • Hi, I approached for a lease offer on Z4, I am in VA and the dealer showed me the car in IL. Car MSRP is 38000/- and he offers a SP for 34250/- plus 500/- shipping costs share. For the lease, 4650/- down + 500/- shipping and monthly 361/- on a 12M/12K mile lease for 27 months. I gave a $1000/- deposit on this and now After seeing in these forums I feel I have been charged un-reasonably.
    Do you think its a good idea for me to go ahead on this deal ?, the sales man calls me and tells theres not a few cars out there anymore.. , pls advise.
    If there is a $5K incentive, and they are only giving you $5K off of the MSRP, then you are essentially paying sticker price for the car.. This is way too much.. They wouldn't have $5K dealer incentives if these were selling well..

In addition, they are marking up the acquisition fee (that is the $825).. the base fee is only $625..

I'm not too familiar with the 27 month lease program, but I'd bet they are marking up the money factor as well..

Not too much to like about this deal... and a 27 month lease? So.. you only get two summers and three Buffalo winters? I think I'd go with a 36 month lease..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Again.. A $3000 incentive on the Z4 2.5... This offer is only $750 more off... and then $500 to have it shipped to you...

I'd keep shopping..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

• wow, thanks for the help. it didnt sound too great to me either. can you give me some help to try and rework this deal in my favor? :blush:
    Okay... try this..

$46570 MSRP
    $39000 Selling price (I like round numbers)
    $39625 Cap cost (selling price + $625 acq.fee)
    36mo/30K lease
    58% residual
    .0010 money factor
    Payment = $417/mo.

Due at signing? You'll have to add a $450 security deposit... 1st payment will obviously be less.. tax may be slightly more, since the term is for 36 months, but will save some, due to the lower selling price. Total should be somewhere between $2000-$2500, depending on the tax.

The selling price is $2570 under MSRP, taking into account the incentive.. It is a 2-seat convertible in Buffalo, in November.. If the selling price were $1000 higher, it would add $29/mo to the payment.. just to give you a guideline...

Hope this helps!
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

• xfirexfire Posts: 13
    Is it better to lease vs. all cash? What are the current $ factors on the Z4's? I was quoted on a 3.0@15k, 0.00115, 36months/ 55% res. no security $1,200 d.p. MSRP/Invoice $48,345/43,830. I can't see paying over invoice- $5k for the rebate=$38,830. Should I go back of invoice since this is end of year and the update Z4 is coming out in Jan/Feb? A target price of $37, 500?
    Your quotes are correct.. those are the base rates.. If you make the security deposit, the money factor drops to .0010, and that is a better deal...

I doubt you'll get the car for invoice minus the $5000 incentive.. You'll probably have to offer $500-$1000 over that... They have no further incentives to allow them to go below invoice minus incentive.. regardless of when the '06 models are coming.. Most likely, you'll have to pay $39,500-$40,000 for the car...

But, if it were me, I'd definitely lease.. the deals are too good not to, in my opinion...

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

• xfirexfire Posts: 13
    Thanks kyfdx! So how does the $ factor equations work? I would like to learn how to fish....

P.S. Do you guys ever sleep, and are you cloned?