Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW Z4 Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi, i need help understanding this deal. I am worried that i will not be getting the best deal as i am a single female, leasing for the first time. please help!
    27month/10k mi year lease
    residual: 65%
    MF: .00135
    MSRP: $46,570
    Adjusted Cap cost $42,395. ($5000 incentive, initial Cap cost $41,570 plus $825 additional cap costs. what is that anyways?)
    payment: 547/mo
    due at signing: tax, no security, title,license $1910
    P.S. i live in buffalo, not the hottest market for this car
  • Hi, I approached for a lease offer on Z4, I am in VA and the dealer showed me the car in IL. Car MSRP is 38000/- and he offers a SP for 34250/- plus 500/- shipping costs share. For the lease, 4650/- down + 500/- shipping and monthly 361/- on a 12M/12K mile lease for 27 months. I gave a $1000/- deposit on this and now After seeing in these forums I feel I have been charged un-reasonably.
    Do you think its a good idea for me to go ahead on this deal ?, the sales man calls me and tells theres not a few cars out there anymore.. , pls advise.
  • If there is a $5K incentive, and they are only giving you $5K off of the MSRP, then you are essentially paying sticker price for the car.. This is way too much.. They wouldn't have $5K dealer incentives if these were selling well..

In addition, they are marking up the acquisition fee (that is the $825).. the base fee is only $625..

I'm not too familiar with the 27 month lease program, but I'd bet they are marking up the money factor as well..

Not too much to like about this deal... and a 27 month lease? So.. you only get two summers and three Buffalo winters? I think I'd go with a 36 month lease..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Again.. A $3000 incentive on the Z4 2.5... This offer is only $750 more off... and then $500 to have it shipped to you...

I'd keep shopping..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

• wow, thanks for the help. it didnt sound too great to me either. can you give me some help to try and rework this deal in my favor? :blush:
  • Okay... try this..

$46570 MSRP
    $39000 Selling price (I like round numbers)
    $39625 Cap cost (selling price + $625 acq.fee)
    36mo/30K lease
    58% residual
    .0010 money factor
    Payment = $417/mo.

Due at signing? You'll have to add a $450 security deposit... 1st payment will obviously be less.. tax may be slightly more, since the term is for 36 months, but will save some, due to the lower selling price. Total should be somewhere between $2000-$2500, depending on the tax.

The selling price is $2570 under MSRP, taking into account the incentive.. It is a 2-seat convertible in Buffalo, in November.. If the selling price were $1000 higher, it would add $29/mo to the payment.. just to give you a guideline...

Hope this helps!
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

• xfirexfire Posts: 13
    Is it better to lease vs. all cash? What are the current $ factors on the Z4's? I was quoted on a 3.0@15k, 0.00115, 36months/ 55% res. no security $1,200 d.p. MSRP/Invoice $48,345/43,830. I can't see paying over invoice- $5k for the rebate=$38,830. Should I go back of invoice since this is end of year and the update Z4 is coming out in Jan/Feb? A target price of $37, 500?
  • Your quotes are correct.. those are the base rates.. If you make the security deposit, the money factor drops to .0010, and that is a better deal...

I doubt you'll get the car for invoice minus the $5000 incentive.. You'll probably have to offer $500-$1000 over that... They have no further incentives to allow them to go below invoice minus incentive.. regardless of when the '06 models are coming.. Most likely, you'll have to pay $39,500-$40,000 for the car...

But, if it were me, I'd definitely lease.. the deals are too good not to, in my opinion...

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

• xfirexfire Posts: 13
    Thanks kyfdx! So how does the $ factor equations work? I would like to learn how to fish....

P.S. Do you guys ever sleep, and are you cloned?
  • Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Hi,
    If the MSRP is $38000/-, Whats the best deal to get it at?.
    BMW Z4, 2.5L

Thank you.
  • Please suggest if what I am getting is a good deal, I have seen on these forums a deal that came out for $32000 on a $37000 inclusive of delivery. I think In that comparision I am paying $1750/- more.. Also please suggest whats the best Lease price on this same priced car with Tag/registration fees down ($1100 say). appreciate it.
  • I think you may get $38000 MSRP 2.5i for $380+tax per month with no down right now. 12k per year 36mo.
  • Thanks for the response, Thats my thinking too.. however what I am being offered right now is a way much more on the same MSRP $38,000. Down = $4650/- + Shipping = $500
    +Monthly $361 for 12M/12K on 27M deal. This isn't reasonable to me at all. I do not have any problem to go for 36M/36K deal if I am offered as to your Math, 380+tax with Zero Down. Donno whom to approach or which dealership to, can you please suggest. Thank you so much in advance.
  • The offer you got is actually around $500 per month for a 2.5i. That's too much.

You may try to find a z4 you like in dealer's stock, then bargain with them. Lease payment for a 3.0i will be similar to a 2.0i due to $2000 more incentive.

Your target price will be $500-$1000 over invoice minus incentive. And make sure you get the base money factor and residue. You will get no more than what you offered right now even on a loaded 3.0i.
  • You're very welcome, chr. Here's the breakdown that you're interested in for the current lease program on the 2005 BMW Z4 2.5: 24 mo. / 15k - .00200 / 62%, 30 mo. / 15k - .00100 / 59%, and 36 mo. / 15k - .00100 / 55%. I know that BMW is currently advertising a 27 month lease on this car, but for some reason I have not seen its 27 month lease program. I'm sure that the 27 month money factor is the .00100 factor that I mentioned earlier, I just don't know about the residual value. It's difficult to say what BMW's December and January lease program on this car will be like. You need to be careful about how long you wait to lease this car though. Vehicles' residual values gradually fall as the model year progresses. At some point they have fallen so much that it becomes too expensive for manufacturers to provide reasonable lease payments on leftover models and they just pull the plug on their special lease program. BMW has already stopped providing lease support on most other models. I don't know exactly when it will pull the plug on its special 2005 Z4 lease, but it will happen eventually.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • Hi anumolu. I can give you an idea of what sort of lease program to expect on this car, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with an approximate selling price for it. You may be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for it right now by visiting rhe following discussion: "BMW Z4: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". When estimating the selling price, don't forget that BMW is currently providing $3,000 dealer cash on the 2005 Z4 2.5.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • Hi Car_man,
    Please respond promptly if possible.
    MSRP = $38,030/-, Offered SP = $34,250.00 + Delivery $500.00. However the lease offer on this same $5150/- down inlcuding delivery (500), and monthly 361/- for 27M at 1K miles per month. Please suggest the SP and lease offer I likely should get on this BMW z4 2.5L. Thanks in advance.
  • Seems like I have to meet this dealer today and make a decision. They defenetly want to talk me into the deal they offered and explain me where the money is going etc.. Can you please give a detail math inlcusive all possible charges on a lease to your knowledge so I know what they are talking. BMW z4 2.5L, MSRP $38030.00 , Purchase Price $34250.00
    Thanks so much in advance.
  • I'm not familiar with the numbers on the 27 month leases... but...

There is a $3000 dealer incentive on the Z4 2.5 this means that your effective discount is only $800.... Without even knowing the other numbers, this is at least $1000 too high for a car that is obviously not selling well...

I'd keep shopping..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums