Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Cadillac CTS Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi Topcat58. Do you know what this car's selling price is? This is a very important number to know when leasing. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is more difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you were given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know what the selling price is and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Welcome mpageosu. If you are getting this car through GM's Supplier Purchase Program then you are getting a pretty good deal. I doubt that you will be able to negotiate a selling price that's a ton lower than he supplier price. Still, to me $880 per month just seems like a lot of money for a CTS...even a "V" model.

Car_man
    Host
  • Greetings Chris. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe Premium AWD with 10,000 miles per year are 0.59% and 56%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a CTS Sedan Premium AWD are 1.45% and 49%.

When negotiating your deal on these cars, make sure to take advantage of the $4,100 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of the Sedan and $1,900 on the Coupe through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi cordreyrichard. I don't believe that the dealer cash that you mentioned is compatible with this car's special lease program. However, General Motors is currently providing a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of the CTS-V Coupe and $3,400 on leases of the CTS-V Sedan through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi artmbgolf. I wouldn't be surprised if the dealer was indeed charged for advertising by General Motors. Having said that, it doesn't really matter what the dealer's expenses are if you shop around and get the lowest possible deal that's available in your area. If I was in the market for a CTS right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over the dealer invoice price that is listed here at Edmunds.com minus any available cash incentives. Either the dealers in your area can do this, or they can't. If you can't get one to bite on this price you might have to raise your offer some.

Most dealers do get some sort of money above and beyond holdback back from manufacturers on a quarterly or an annual basis, be it for facilities, CSI, etc... It would be very difficult for any consumers to know exactly what a dealer's cost is on any particular vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here you go srxguy_phoenix. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 CTS Wagon Premium RWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.45% and 46%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 CTS Wagon Base AWD are 1.45% and 48%, respectively.

The residual values for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher.

When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $3,400 cash incentive that GM is currently providing on leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • mrl859mrl859 Posts: 168
    What is the current 39 month Ally lease rate and residual for a 2011 CTS-V Coupe? Are there any rebates besides the 1000.00 loyalty rebate? Is US Bank a better deal. the longer the lease, the better for me, up to 48 months.
    What is the $3,400 cash incentive? Does it apply to V Coupes?
  • it is normal for the dealerships numbers to not add up with those on lease calculators online? i was told my monthly payment would be $459 with taxes. i did the math on the lease calculator here and on leaseguide.com and i'm getting the numbers at least $39 lower. i plugged everything. The MF, residual, rebates, and sale price. i emailed the salesman, he said i did something wrong. i've tripled checked everything. any thoughts?

thanks
    Does that include the V Coupe?
    "However, General Motors is currently providing a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of the CTS-V Coupe and $3,400 on leases of the CTS-V Sedan through Ally." Is that incentive to the dealer or the customer?
    How does one prove these incentives to the dealer? Does this apply to the V Coupe?
  • Hi Car_man

Thanks for providing great insight\information in this forum. Do you have any idea what kind of incentives Cadillac or Ally will have in March for the CTS coupe?
  • delrickdelrick Posts: 105
    Hi Car Man

Any idea when the cutoff is for factory orders for a 2011 CTS Wagon?
  • gene66gene66 Posts: 12
    edited February 2011
    Ask the salesman to send you a copy of his worksheet. Make sure your numbers match. MSRP, MF, Residual (number of miles/year) , rebates, sale price, number of months, amount due at signing (if any), tax, aquisition fees, other fees, etc.
    If things are still fishy, don't waste your time. Just find another dealer that's willing to be upfront.

Maybe one of you made a mistake. But more often than not I had to deal with salesmen that stick to their bogus numbers even after I clearly show them the obvious math. It's frustrating and insulting and I usually write them off immediatley.

Good Luck!
  • delta737hdelta737h Posts: 603
    edited March 2011
    adnuts,

Online lease calculators are extraordinarily simplistic and don't capture complex lease calculations in which the first payment and/or sales tax is capitalized in the lease. They're certainly not going to calculate lease payments correctly for those leases that originate in NY, Ohio, or NJ in which sales tax is capped. Also, Ally Bank Smartlease calculations differ from the norm because

(a) Ally uses an interest rate and
    (b) Ally discounts the residual value one month nearer to the present

Leasse calculations can be quite complex depending upon how they're structured. The best way to examine the dealer's calculations is to ask them for a copy of their LEASE WORKSHEET. This is a computer generated document that will tell you everything you want to know and then some.

Hope this helps.

John
    The Autoleasegeek
  • 007bond007bond Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man...I just joined so thank you for this forum!

I ordered a CTS Coupe AWD Premium today from my dealer and he agreed to a sale price of $500 over invoice less any rebates...

And I think that I may have missed some great offers last month with the $1,900 Ally lease cash and $1,000 GM loyalty...Taking the MSRP from $49,785 down to a selling price of $44,695. Do you know if incentives are better or worse this month? The dealer also said that GM Financial is coming in just under Ally on lease payments...are their incentives better?

Thank you,

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hello mrl859. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe with 12,000 miles per year are 0.59% and 47%, respectively.

I believe that General Motors is currently providing a $2,350 cash incentive on leases of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mrl859. The cash incentives on the CTS vary by trim level. Cadillac is currently providing a $2,350 cash incentive on leases of the CTS Coupe through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    I think that this is technically a customer incentive, but you need to make sure that the dealer takes it into account when negotiating your deal...don't just assume that they will.

Car_man
    Host
    Mrl859 dealers are well aware of what incentives are available so you don't have to prove anything to them. If you're working with a dealer that isn't being honest with you about what incentives are available you may want to consider taking your business to a dealer that will be more straightforward with you.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome hdiaz10. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe Premium RWD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.59% and 47%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,350 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome 007bond. I'm glad that you like it here.

$500 over invoice minus any available cash incentives is a good price for this car.

The owner loyalty cash is no longer available this month, but GM's cash incentive on 36 month leases of the 2011 CTS Coupe through Ally is $2,350.

GM Financial's lease rate for this car is 2.45% and its cash incentive is $2,400.

Car_man
    Host
  • cnote2cnote2 Posts: 63
    Looking for 39m residual and money factor for 3.0 rwd perf sedan. Also looking for lease cash or rebates for northeast region. thanks
    Hi cnote2. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Cadillac CTS 3.0 Performance Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are 1.45% and 44$, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $4,075 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • kafzalkafzal Posts: 1
    I am getting zero down no fees tax tag or title 990 a month for 36 months and 15K miles a year
    Black on black MSRP 71K
  • mil6753mil6753 Posts: 40
    Looking to see what residuals will be on CTS coupes this month, rebates, lease money factors, etc. since the other incentives expired yesterday.
    Here's the information that you're looking for mil6753.

Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are 0.59% and 45%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $3,000 cash incentive that is currently available on 36 month leases of CTS Coupes through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • otis15otis15 Posts: 8
    Hi Car Man,

I was wondering what the lease rate and residual would be for a 2011 Cadillac CTS Wagon, 3.0 luxury on a 36 & 39 month lease with 12,000 miles.

Thanks!
    Here you go otis15.

Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Cadillac CTS Wagon 3.0 Luxury with 12,000 miles per year are 1.5% and 45%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 1.5% and 43%.

When negotiating your deal on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the massive $5,250 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.