Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Cadillac CTS Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,876
    It came in the mail... I get updated ones frequently...

Not sure how I got on the list.. maybe, I signed up on the web for "future info" or something like that...

But, they definitely keep a list... I didn't have the certificate with me, but the salesperson looked it up on-line...

On a related note... he just called, and offered to use special "coupons" for GM that they had... said they were $250 each, and he could give me two... That would knock about $13/mo. off the previous quote.. Told him that my wife really didn't love the car... :(

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• The dealer told me yesterday that while there are still 2011 CTSs available Ally does not now offer a lease package. He also told me that US Bank was doing them but the monthly rate would be considerably higher due to the bank using a residual of around 35% vs about 41% residual for a 36 mo. lease through Ally.

Seeing that it's a moot point which is cheaper since Ally doesn't offer 2011 leases do you know the current money factor for a 2011 CTS sedan is from US Bank?

Thanks

Rob
    The guy we went to... said don't even bother trying to lease a 2011.. said those deals ended on the 3rd..

Also, checked both Ally and USBank on the 2012 models, and USBank came out lower....

• The dealership here in Orange Cty, CA says there are 2011 CTSs available and said that only US Bank is doing them. Is he misinformed? Now, US Bank has withdrawn them as well?
    edited October 2011
    I'm sure you can still lease a 2011... the issue is whether it is cost-effective in comparison to a 2012...

The guy I talked to said the lease on the 2011 would be more than the 2012... because of lack of manufacturer support for the lease...

If you wanted to purchase, that would be a different matter..

• DO you happen to know the 2012 36 month rate. I heard it was .95 with 45%.

Thx
  • Hi toyoman8. Ally's October base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe with 10,000 miles per year are 1.05% and 58%.

General Motors is currently providing a $1,075 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hey toyoman8. If you provide us with this car's MSRP and approximate selling price, or at least its MSRP and dealer invoice price, which you can find here, I would be happy to work up a payment on it for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • bluffsbluffs Posts: 6
    Hi Car_man ,
    I need your help/opinion,please.
    I am in process of getting my next lease.
    Here is the dealers offer:
    2012 Cadi CTS AWD Base, $39,990MSRP
    -Ally, 39mon. , 12k/year ,
    -$309/mon. , $328 with MA tax,
    -$1500 out of pocket (all included - first payment $328, bank fee $475 ?!?,doc fee ~$300, DMV and ect., some is cash reduction I guess ).

What do you think, is there room for further negotiation?

P.S. I'm using $2000 private offer from GM(current lease).
  • nacho2nacho2 Posts: 82
    Carman,
    I was interested in leasing the car for my father who live in Syracuse,NY. The 2012 CTS AWD luxury line, With MSRP of $43,235, I see it has an invoice of $41,745.I was looking for 36mo/12k. He has a $2000 offer from GM, he had a CTS before. Are there other incentives for the car currently? Carman, what is the MF and residual value for this vehicle. I wanted to go with $0 drive off as well. T :blush: hank you very much for your help.
    Carman, I am not sure about the incoive for the vehicle that I requested, I also found $40,898 on an MSRP of $43,235. Thanks
    Msrp is $44625, invoice $42996.25. Selling price $43200 minus $2000 gm targeted,and minus $3650 consumer cash totalling $5650 . Dealer says cap is $37,550. He say's I have to $1853.59 taxes based on $43,200. MF is .00045,RV is 52%. Total out of pocket is $834.16( out of this license plates are 372.5 need new plates) with a monthly payment of $461.66 tax included for 39 months on 12k. IS this good? I am confused.
    2012 CTS AWD, 39,12k. Carman I was also offered 0 out of pocket and 38 months at $489.08 tax included on and MSRP vehicle 44735 with invoice 42875.95. :confuse:
  • bluffsbluffs Posts: 6
    Can anyone post all rebates/incentives available from GM for 2012 CTS AWD Base Sedan Lease through Ally, US Bank, GM Finanace,any dealers' cash, etc.?
    Numbers I have are : GMF $1500, US Bank $3950, Ally $3750.

What are the best terms for each program, money factors, residuals?

For a vehicle with $39990 MSRP , where the sale price should be before any rebates?

No presence of car_man in last 10 days. Interesting?!?
    Carman, this is the deal I am going to go with on the 2012 CTS AWD MSRP $44625.: 39mo/12k, $0 out of pocket dealer will cover 1st month payment and I am at $468.86 tax included for the remaining months. Your thoughts?
  • Hey nacho2. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cadillac CTS Sedan Luxury AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 49%, respectively.

General Motors is currently providing a massive $5,100 cash incentive on 36-month leases of the 2012 CTS Sedan through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi bluffs. Ally's November base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CTS Sedan AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 48%, respectively. I don't think that the programs from US Bank or GM Financial are any better than the Ally program.

The cash incentives on leases of this car are $5,100 plus a waiver of the first month's payment through Ally, $4,100 + first payment through US Bank, and $3,400 through GM Financial.

If I was in the market for this car right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 or so over dealer invoice minus any available cash incentives. You can find this car's invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey nacho2. Please see my previous post to the answers to some of the questions that you had earlier. I would be happy to evaluate this deal for you, but it would be much easier for me to do so if you were able to provide me with this car's selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Carman,
    Thank you very much for your help. My father picked up the car at the end of October. Thank you for your assistance.
  • Carman
    Are the cash incentives that you quoted for leases also offered on purchases of the CTS Coupe?
  • You're very welcome nacho2. I hope that your father enjoys his new ride!

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi raizelgs. The incentives on CTS Coupes and Sedans are different. General Motors is currently providing a $3,700 cash incentive on 24 to 27 month and $2,800 on 36 to 48 month leases of the 2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • I just got home from a year in the middle east and wanted to buy my wife a new cadillac cts sedan. The car MSRP is 51375$. I know nothing about leases but they quoted me 678 per month with 1500$ down including the first payment. The lease is for 39 months and is for 15K miles a year. Any help would be great.

Thanks so much.
  • Don't lease if driving over 15k miles a year or if not going to take great care of the car. Cig burns, car in back seat, lots of dings will hurt you later, unless you buy it after 39 months.

Negoiate your best price first. Don't allow them to figure your lease based on $51375. Make sure you get a dealer discount and any rebates. That will lower your payment. See what CarMan posted about cash.

You can get the lease payment down more if you are sure that the CTS will be driven under 12k or 10k per year.

And finally, a $51k CTS is fully loaded. Does she need the larger engine, moon roof, AWD and all the luxury options? If she/you can do with a more basic CTS, GM is advertising a base $38k CTS for $399 a month.
    Possibly somewhere in between $51k and $38K will be a better fit to save some $.
  • Hey Car_man,

When you say "General Motors is currently providing... through Ally," does this mean I need to apply for a separate auto loan from Ally or the Cadillac dealership will take car of this when I'm leasing the car? I was just there last week looking for a CTS sedan, the sales man did not mention this incentive on a 36-month lease.
  • Hi kdfhuey. Wow a year in the Middle East. Are you in the military? If so, thank you for all that you do for us. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Ally's current base lease rate for the 2012 CTS Sedan is 2.11%. General Motors is currently providing a $5,100 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this car through Ally. If I was in the market for one, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice minus the aforementioned cash. You can look up the invoice price of this car in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Good luck in your quest for a new ride and make sure to let us know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
  • Good question lake_tuna. Ally is the former GMAC with a fancy new name. Even though it is technically not owned by General Motors any longer Ally still serves as its captive finance company. GM runs a lot of its finance business through it, though it runs some through US Bank and GM Financial (which technically is its new official captive finance company). Confusing, huh :)? Anyhow, back to your question ;), the dealer will take care of applying for the lease with Ally for you. You don't have to do anything on your own.

Car_man
    Host
  • I inquired at a local Cadillac dealership about Ally's $5100 cash incentive on the 2012 CTS Sedans, and the sales person there told me there is no such thing. Was he simply not aware of it, or do I need to do something special to get this discount?

Or has anyone asked their dealerships about this incentive? What was their response?
  • Carman,

Do you have the lease rate and residual for the CTS Base as well as CTS-V sedans for 24 months and 15k miles per year?

Also what is the CCR on 24 month leases.

Thanks
  • Hi lake_tuna. Either the salesperson is kept in the dark by their manager about the available cash incentives, or more likely they were lying to you. The $5,100 cash incentive on leases of the 2012 Cadillac CTS Sedan through Ally definitely exists.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.