Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Cadillac CTS Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi Car Man! The folks on this forum really helped out a lot when I got my last vehicle. I'm considering a couple of different ones...and wanted to get Residual and Money Factor for the 2012 Cadillac CTS Premium, assume excellent credit, for both 36 and 39 months.

I am being shown a MSRP of $51,870 but a residual of only 44% and an interest rate of 2.15% (I know I have excellent credit in the high 700's). They are showing a cap cost reduction of $5950, but not coming much off sales price yet (only $1500 off MSRP).

Thanks in advance!
  • Car Man,

I also meant to add, the info I am requesting would be 12,000 miles per year lease. Couldn't see any way to edit my above post. Sorry for that. I look forward to your reply!
  • Hi! Cadillac dealer is offering me the following:

$348/month $3,600 out of packet for the CTS4 (sunroof/AWD) - I dont qualify for the lease rebate - if I did, my payment would go down to $299.00 which is more in my range. but i'm getting $5450 rebate I'm not sure if I should wait and see what other rebates I might qualify for in March or just buy now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
  • tschaitschai Posts: 14
    What's the sale price? How many rebates/incentives did you get? Seems like a good deal since the national offer is $415/month before tax for 36m and 10k/yr and that's before the bank fee, ttl, etc.

I'm in the market for a coupe myself but the base is lacking a few features that I want and the next package up with those features is $5k more.

Car_Man, do you happen to have the residual and MF on the Performance Coupe for 36 or 39m and 10k/yr and what rebates are applicable to the coupe?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi brickfrenzy. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CTS-V Wagon with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 44%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    You're very welcome rem4cars.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem onlyacaddy. It would be easier for me to evaluate this deal if I knew what your selling price was, but the payment looks solid.

Car_man
    Host
    edited March 2012
    Here's the information that you're looking for coachknight. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CTS Sedan Premium with 12,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 43%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 1.0% and 41%.

Man those are some pretty weak residuals.

The reason why you aren't being given a larger dealer discount on this car is that there actually isn't a huge spread between its MSRP and dealer invoice price. A $1,500 discount is probably less than $1,000 over invoice. I'm not saying that you won't be able to get the dealer to go a little lower on price, just that there isn't a ton of room.

Car_man
    Host
    I certainly do tschai. Ally's March base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cadillac CTS Performance Coupe with 10,000 miles per year are 1.05% and 48%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 1.05% and 46%.

I believe that General Motors is currently providing a $4,955 cash incentive on leases of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thank you, Car Man! Guess they were doing their best with those sucky residuals. Guess I'll turn my immediate attention to getting my son's Infiniti G37 then I'll worry about mine later in the year. I'll see you over on that forum for now. ;)
  • poykayilpoykayil Posts: 9
    Car_man

Do you know if the Ally incentive is being offered on CTS-V models?
    Also what the numbers would be on 36 month 12k lease?
    You're very welcome coachknight. See you there.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi poykayil. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cadillac CTS-V with 12,000 miles per year are 0.95% and 48%, respectively.

GM is providing a $6,175 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • Do those interest rates/residuals you quoted me on the V Wagon stay the same for a 39 month lease?

Also, does the $6175 cash back mentioned for the V sedan above also apply on the wagon?

Thanks so much!

On a side note, how do you know these things? Do you work for Ally? I guess you don't have to tell me if you aren't allowed / don't want to.
  • Have a question for the experts within this forum. I am looking to lease a 2012 cts sedan 3.7L v6 awd premium. It stickers at $55,075. The lease deal that I received is 36 month 12k per year at $590 per month with $0 down/out of pocket. Its payoff is $24k at lease end. Is this is a good deal? Am i crazy to pay $55k for a cadillac cts? The vehicle is pretty much loaded with every option.
  • I want to know if this lease is a good deal. Its a 2012 Cadillac CTS 3.6L AWD Premium. It stickers at $55k. The lease is 36 months 12k per year. $590 per month with 0 down/0out of pocket. Its payoff would be $24k at lease end. Am I crazy to lease a $55k Cadillac CTS? Please let me know. Thanks.
  • mixenmixen Posts: 11
    Friday, I signed a deal for a 2012 CTS Luxury edition with AWD and sunroof. 39 months. 39,000 miles. $400 per month; Due at signing -- $400 plus sales tax. Interest rate is .95 percent and residual is 46 percent. I got a lease rebate of $6175 and $2000 private offer rebate. The MSRP was about $44,225. The lease was based on a negotiated price of $42,000 which is about invoice price.
  • Hi Mixen!! Did you qualify for the "competitive lease rebate"? if not! please let me know the name of dealer. Thanks!
  • gohattersgohatters Posts: 10
    Can someone outline the rebates you are talking about?

I want to look at a CTS RWD base automatic and it seems like the incentives are good right now. Mixen's deal seems almost unreal!

If MSRP is approx $30, what can i expect to negotiate down to?

I can't seem to get my numbers to work out to where you are. I don't want to even go to the dealer to look without knowing a framework for payments. Thank you!
  • gohattersgohatters Posts: 10
    nevermind. i wend back and found the info. Also, these rebates must be the reason for the pretty stellar lease deal being offered by corporate. $2k down & $328/mo for a base CTS Sport. That's pretty cheap. There must be a re-design coming soon or something
    Hey brickfrenzy. The lease rate should be the same for a 39-month lease as they are for a 36-month lease, but the residual values would be 2% lower.

The cash allowance for a 39-month lease of a CTS Wagon through Ally would be $5,675.

I know these things because I'm the Car Man :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings parkside1. You never mentioned what this car's selling price is. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number it is more difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know what the selling price is and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will gladly tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    hi gohatters. If I was in the market for 2012 Cadillac CTS right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice minus any available cash incentives. You can look up the invoice price of the exact car that you want over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

As far as the incentives go, General Motors is currently providing a whopping $6,175 cash incentive on 36-month leases of the '12 CTS Sedan through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi All,

I just got the first offer (in writing) from the dealer. What are your thoughts? I know I can do better, but not sure whether this is close to the best or simply their worst?

Our List Price 66,690.00
    Discount Savings -3,484.70
    Vehicle Selling Price 63,205.30
    Document Prep Fee 55.00
    License / Title 512.00
    Tire / Battery / VTR Fee 8.75
    Bank Fee 795.00
    Tax on Collected Items 833.88
    Total Cap 65,409.93
    Down/Cash Cap Reduction -1,355.00
    Rebate Savings -8,175.00
    Net Cap 55,879.93

Base Payment 734.71
    Monthly Tax 64.29
    36 Month Payment 799.00
    Down/Cash Cap Reduction 1,355.00
    1st Payment 799.00
    Due On Delivery 2,154.00
    Rate 0.95 %
    Annual Miles 15,000
    Residual % [66,690] 46 %
    Residual Amount 30,677.40
    Tax: 8.75% TAX 8.75 %
  • mixenmixen Posts: 11
    Hey alialex12:

If by "competitive lease rebate," you mean the rebate for being a current lessee of a non-GM car, then no, I did not qualify. You cannot combine the private lease offer and the competitive lease rebate. However, my deal was revised somewhat by virtue of the fact that I wound up using 1500 GM points. So, the monthly went down from $400 to $360, but my out of pocket at lease signing went up to $800 plus tax. The dealership is North Bay in New York.
  • tschaitschai Posts: 14
    I just picked up a 2012 CTS Coupe Performance(White Diamond/Ebony) 2 weeks ago in Los Angeles. 39m/12k at $440/month(tax inc) through GM Financial. 50% residual @ 1.045% rate. Absolutely zero drive-off. I was a current lessee of a competitive vehicle. The payment through Ally was actually higher.

MSRP: $45,820
    Residual: $22,910
    Gross Cap. Cost: $43,857.66
    Cap. Cost Reduction: $6,300
    Adj. Cap. Cost: $37,557.66
    Rent Charge: $1,131.74
    Total base monthly payments: $15,779.40

Base payment: $404.60
    Tax: $35.40
    Total Monthly: $440.00
  • Can I ask you which dealership this was?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,456
    That's a good deal... nice job!

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• vinprovinpro Posts: 4
    edited March 2012
    Hey Car Man,
    What is the rate and residual for a 15,000 mile lease on a base 2012 CTS Coupe right now?

For 24 months and 36/39 months?

What are the lease rebates?

Thank You
  • la_davela_dave Posts: 1
    The Cadillac customer service department promised me a customer appreciation certificate, but when I went to have them set it up for me to use it, they told me that it didn't apply to my deal. No mention was made of this when they made the commitment when I told them I needed help because I was under water in my BMW lease. Hardly a way to treat someone who's switching from BMW. Anyway, does anyone know how to contact Cadillac corporate customer service so I can see if they're willing to make good? Thanks, David :cry:
This discussion has been closed.