Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Cadillac CTS Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi Christian. This sounds like a very good deal to me. Don't bother pushing for a higher residual value for your car, individual dealers do not have the authority to alter banks' residuals. If you like the CTS, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
    Hi rtimm. I would be happy to estimate what the monthly payment should be for the exact car that you are interested in. However, in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its MSRP and selling price. If you qualify for its employee purchase program, you should be able to find this informaiton by logging in to the following site: GM Family First.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • chiefrjwchiefrjw Posts: 2
    I found a CTS here in Austin that was one of several loaner cars at a golf classic for $0 down + TTL and $298 a month for 39 months. The MSRP is $31998. I am going to try to see one of them this afternoon. Sounds good but who knows?
  • bigjohntxbigjohntx Posts: 1
    Could anyone tell me where I might be able to find a lease for a CTS for under 320 a month with 0 money down. I just returned from a deployment and am looking to replace my 12 year old car. Any help from anyone more knowledgable than myself would be greatly appreciated...I am in the San Antonio TX area.
  • waltkanwaltkan Posts: 6
    I posted this in another thread and this is for a purchase not lease but I thought I could get some feedback from this discussion also: I would appreciate any feedback/opinions on this deal I'm working on:

2006 3.6L Black CTS Ebony Int.
    w/Auto Trans, Luxury Pkg, Sunroof, Upgraded Sound System

MSRP 38,190

This is a Dealer Demo with 3700 miles on it, sold as new so XM and OnStar etc. are included.

They are offering this car at $31990.
    Edmunds TMV for this car brand new is $33,494.

One other thing I have to consider is that this is an internet deal and I would have to fly to the city and drive back home, around 500 miles. They did say they would do "something" to help with the airfare.

So what do you guys think? Any and all opinions are welcome. Thanks in Advance!

Walt
  • mlc482mlc482 Posts: 1
    Hello...

I have been looking at the Cadillac CTS over the past 6 months, but I am now for sure looking to buy in the near future. I know that I passed up the Season's Best discounts this past winter, but I was wondering if the GM adjusted MSRP's are still in effect.

I also saw some advertizing from the Tri-State Cadillac Dealers on their website. I live in New Jersey.

If you are a current non-GM lessee, we'll cover up to four remaining payments or up to $2,000 when you purchase or lease a select new and unused 2006 Cadillac vehicle.*

I have no idea what that means...I am not a current GM owner, so do I get $2000?

Anyways, I am looking at a CTS 3.6 Infrared Automatic.

MSRP: $34885.00

What figures should I be expecting? I would want to put 2,000 down and be in the mid 300's for the monthly payment on a 39 month term, preferably a 12K lease.

Am I in the right ballpark?

Thanks for your help.
  • cpbnbcpbnb Posts: 2
    Hello Car Man. I am looking at a 2006 CTS 3.6 sticker at $38,320 hoping you can run the numbers at 10k a year and 39 months. I live in SW Florida and will take the trade advise and have them cut a check back .Thanks in advance.
    Pete
    Yes, mlc482, the MSRPs that General Motors lowered a few months ago are still available. I believe that the advertisement that you saw means that if you are currently leasing a non-GM vehicle you are eligible to have GM pay your finally four monthly payments for you (up to a maximum total of $2,000). Unfortunately, this offer doesn't mean that you can just use the two grand to reduce your vehicle's selling price. I would be happy to give you an idea of what sort of lease payment you can expect on this car right now. It would be helpful if you were able to provide me with an approximate selling price for it though. You may be able to get an idea of how much you should pay by visiting the following discussion: "Cadillac CTS: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". If not, then just provide me with its dealer invoice price and I will run some payments for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hello Pete. If you were to lease a 2006 Cadillac CTS 3.6 through General Motors Acceptance Corp. right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 3.95% and 54%, respectively. If you provide me with an approximate selling price for this car, I can tell you what its monthly payment should be like.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • cpbnbcpbnb Posts: 2
    Thanks Car Man. I can buy at invoice $37,236 msrp is $40,075 10 k per year at 55% and 3.95 39 months. I also have a trade thats got $3,000 equity to put down and there is also a $2,000 dealer cash or rebate. Thanks in advance
    Pete
    No problem, Pete. Cadillac is no longer providing $2,000 dealer cash on this car. It's now $3,000 customer cash. It doesn't really matter through because I don't believe that either of these incentives were compatible with leases through GMAC. Having said this, GM is providing $3,000 lease cash on leases of '06 CTS 3.6L models right now. Just because this lease cash is out there does not mean that you are automatically entitled to it. The dealer that you are working with may be counting on you not realizing that this cash is available and is hoping that they will be able to keep it. Make sure that it is being taken into account. For now I will assume that it is. OK, according to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Cadillac CTS 3.6L with an MSRP of $40,075 and a selling price of $34,236 through GMAC right now for 39 months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $406. You can use part of the $3,000 that you get from your trade to pay this car's first month's payment, security deposit, and acquisition fee, but you would be better off using the rest to make a couple of your payments or to supplement them because if you use it as a capitalized cost reduction you risk losing it if your leased vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • cwrealcwreal Posts: 4
    I'm looking at a 2006 CTS, 3.6L with Luxury Pkg & Auto. List $35,990. with $3,000 cash back & my trade-in @$2,000, payments is $578.00 for 48 months with residual of $12,236.00.

Is this a good deal for me?
    :shades: P.S. This price is for 15,000 mile per year, and is a true lease, not a GM Smartbuy.
  • jr32jr32 Posts: 23
    How does this sound:

06 CTS 3.8 sport
    39 month
    sticker $40,060, sale $36k and change
    $0 down, taxes rolled in (8.5%)
    $3000 in rebates

$492 month
    What is the residual?
  • jr32jr32 Posts: 23
  • roman371roman371 Posts: 1
    I have a supplier discount available, and there is also 3000 cash back. Can I use both of these on a lease? If yes, and the lease amt financed is 44k after all that, what would the lease pmt be for 36mo, 15K miles? Thanks
  • I am looking to trade in my 2002 VW Passat GLX (80K, but in great looking shape). I would like to get the CTS V6, but am not sure whether to lease or buy. I put more than 15K a year on a car, but could probably get below that. What are your thoughts. If I purchased, I would pay over 4 or 5 years and put another $7-8K down. What would be the lease price for 36 months?

Thanks.
    Hello cwreal. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what this car's selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi jr32. It appears to me as though you are getting this car for fairly close to dealer invoice. If so, and if this price is before the lease cash that is available on it is deducted, you are getting a good deal. Just make sure that the dealer you are working with uses GMAC's current base lease rate of 3.95% to calculate your car's lease payment and you're all set.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
This discussion has been closed.