Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Cadillac CTS Lease Questions

Comments

• First you have to know if they are writing you a check for the 6,000 trade or using it to reduce the cap to 35,146. Make sure they don't steal your trade. GM lease papers are clear on leases I have had.

The $499 sounds high to me. I don't know exact residual for 36 Mo, 12K.
    Using 42%, residual is 21,420.
    35,146 - 21,420 = 13,726 + guessing 700 for lease and
    guess 1000 interest = 15,426 / 36 = $430.

I don't see why they have $499, nor how you expect $350.
    If your state sales tax is high and in there, then maybe it will get to $499.
    Make them show you the lease paper. You have to see it to sign it.
  • Thank you! this does help. So, is it better to have them write me a check for my trade-in or reduce the cap to 35,146? What does it mean to "steal my trade"?
  • It's up to you if you want a trade-in check to blow or invest now, or have lower payments.

By steal your trade, I only meant to make sure the trade value is not missed in your deal.
  • Car Man,

Would you know the residual and MF on a 2011 CTS AWD luxury, 10k miles per year lease?

How about the same for 2012?

Thanks.
  • I certainly do dannyinomaha. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Cadillac CTS Luxury AWD with 10,000 miles per year are 1.45% and 42%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 model are 0.95% and 49%.

When negotiating your lease on the CTS make sure to take the lease cash that is available on it right now into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Carman, please help. I am in the market of a 2012 CTS- coupe BASE model, MSRP is About $40,000. What is the
    money factor,
    residual,
    any incentives for a 36mos lease 10k miles???
  • I want to lease 2012 CTS coupe for 36mos, 10k mi., with ONLY $1500 out of pocket total and tax rolled on to my paymtns (which I think is about $3000, since I live in Texas)

Tell me what are my monthly payments should be??

Also what about 39mos Lease, what would I pay monthly???
  • toyoman8toyoman8 Posts: 60
    edited October 2011
    ths is the offer I got. I think they are screwing me on the APR

Enclosed is the break-down of the lease:

MSRP: $39,160
    Purchase Price: $34,250
    Sales Tax: $2,217.19
    Total Purchase Price: $36,467.19
    Dwn. Pymt. $1,500.00
    Ist mth Pymt. $474.00
    Total Liability: $34,493.19

38 Months @ $474.00 = $18,012.00
    Residual: $19,580.00

Total Amount Paid by Customer: $19,986.00 Includes Down, First Pymt & Total of Monthly Payments.
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,950
    ..with Luxury package, moonroof, etc.. MSRP $44625.

For 39mo/39K lease, quoted $445/mo. + tax, with around $800 due at signing...

This included $2000 in private offer rebate...

Thought that was reasonable, but ultimately, my wife didn't like it all that much.

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• how did you get the private offer rebate???
    It came in the mail... I get updated ones frequently...

Not sure how I got on the list.. maybe, I signed up on the web for "future info" or something like that...

But, they definitely keep a list... I didn't have the certificate with me, but the salesperson looked it up on-line...

On a related note... he just called, and offered to use special "coupons" for GM that they had... said they were $250 each, and he could give me two... That would knock about $13/mo. off the previous quote.. Told him that my wife really didn't love the car... :(

• The dealer told me yesterday that while there are still 2011 CTSs available Ally does not now offer a lease package. He also told me that US Bank was doing them but the monthly rate would be considerably higher due to the bank using a residual of around 35% vs about 41% residual for a 36 mo. lease through Ally.

Seeing that it's a moot point which is cheaper since Ally doesn't offer 2011 leases do you know the current money factor for a 2011 CTS sedan is from US Bank?

Thanks

Rob
    The guy we went to... said don't even bother trying to lease a 2011.. said those deals ended on the 3rd..

Also, checked both Ally and USBank on the 2012 models, and USBank came out lower....

• The dealership here in Orange Cty, CA says there are 2011 CTSs available and said that only US Bank is doing them. Is he misinformed? Now, US Bank has withdrawn them as well?
    edited October 2011
    I'm sure you can still lease a 2011... the issue is whether it is cost-effective in comparison to a 2012...

The guy I talked to said the lease on the 2011 would be more than the 2012... because of lack of manufacturer support for the lease...

If you wanted to purchase, that would be a different matter..

• DO you happen to know the 2012 36 month rate. I heard it was .95 with 45%.

Thx
  • Hi toyoman8. Ally's October base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe with 10,000 miles per year are 1.05% and 58%.

General Motors is currently providing a $1,075 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey toyoman8. If you provide us with this car's MSRP and approximate selling price, or at least its MSRP and dealer invoice price, which you can find here, I would be happy to work up a payment on it for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • bluffsbluffs Posts: 6
    Hi Car_man ,
    I need your help/opinion,please.
    I am in process of getting my next lease.
    Here is the dealers offer:
    2012 Cadi CTS AWD Base, $39,990MSRP
    -Ally, 39mon. , 12k/year ,
    -$309/mon. , $328 with MA tax,
    -$1500 out of pocket (all included - first payment $328, bank fee $475 ?!?,doc fee ~$300, DMV and ect., some is cash reduction I guess ).

What do you think, is there room for further negotiation?

P.S. I'm using $2000 private offer from GM(current lease).
  • nacho2nacho2 Posts: 82
    Carman,
    I was interested in leasing the car for my father who live in Syracuse,NY. The 2012 CTS AWD luxury line, With MSRP of $43,235, I see it has an invoice of $41,745.I was looking for 36mo/12k. He has a $2000 offer from GM, he had a CTS before. Are there other incentives for the car currently? Carman, what is the MF and residual value for this vehicle. I wanted to go with $0 drive off as well. T :blush: hank you very much for your help.
This discussion has been closed.