Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Cadillac CTS Lease Questions

Comments

• I certainly do rman850r. Ally's December base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a base 2012 CTS Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 52%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 CTS-V Sedan are 1.0% and 54%.

General Motors is currently providing a $6,000 cash incentive and waiving the first month's payment on 24-month leases of these cars through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Just found this forum and just in time! I've relied on Edmunds research to negotiate 3 straight cars. I now love the forum though. Car man rocks! Now I will be negotiating a high mileage lease of a CTS coupe. Given the Ally 36 month incentive, would a 20k/year miles lease still qualify? Also, what is the money factor and residual?
  • I am used to finding Rebates on Edmunds or GM websites.
    Where do you/we find out about these Cash Incentives from Ally?
    Will Ally or the dealer tell us if we ask?

Besides selling more cars, are the 24 month leases (instead of 36/39) being used because the Incentive creates a lower payment spread over 24 months?
  • bigdel1bigdel1 Posts: 3
    edited December 2011
    I see I should specify exactly which car I'm talking about:
    2012 CTS coupe Premium AWD.

I also noticed the Ally bank incentive is lower for the coupe. What are the US Bank and GM incentives for 24 and 36 month leases?

Also need the money factor and residual value.

Thank you!
  • Thanks bigdel1 :shades: .

Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base (not Premium or Performance) 2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are 1.05% and 52%, respectively.

As you can see, Ally publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money actor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

I believe that 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that Ally publishes residual values for. If so, and you need to drive more than that you will probably have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,800 cash incentive that General Motors is providing on 36-month leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi artmbgolf. For some reason General Motors lists its normal customer cash incentives on its consumer website, but not the cash incentives that are available on leases. the dealer might tell you about them if you find a straightforward one. If not, just ask around here in the forums.

2-year leases are typically more expensive than 3-year leases because there is fewer payments to spread out the large initial depreciation hit that new vehicles experience out over.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi,

I am new to this board but I have been poking around and reading a lot. Today I went to a local dealer around here looking to lease a Cadillac CTS Coupe RWD, Performance (I'm not really sure what the difference between Performance and Premium is). He gave me a price and after I said I was looking for lower never even went back to his manager to see what he could do for me. Not sure if this really was his lowest price or what.

Anyway the price he gave was. The sticker price was $49,000..39 month lease/$569 a month/$660.00 out of pocket/12,000 miles. He said that with the incentives the price dropped significantly.

I feel like I have been seeing others have lower prices, but not sure if those were with different incentives.

Thanks for all your help.
  • Car Man
    I am planning on purchasing a used 2011 Coupe in a few months. Can you tell me what the difference is between the Premium and Performance model designations. What you you get for the extra $$ for the Premium model? Thanks
  • I just got a 2012 CTS premium AWD coupe with a sunroof and Chromaflair paint. (MSRP $52,620) Ended up paying $728/month with nothing down for 39 months @ 20k miles/year. Thanks to Car Man on pointing out the Ally rebate.

To answer raizelgs, Edmund's review (google Edmunds 2011 CTS Coupe and you should find it) has a nice summary of the features available, but in short, if you get the full luxury package (Luxury 1 and 2), the only thing that I can detect that you don't get on the performance is the polished wheels. It seemed like the 2012 performance model just had one full Luxury model, but I'm not sure on that.
  • Hey CarMan,

Thank you for all of the info you provide, it is always extremely useful and appreciated.

I have a couple of questions. Is the $6000 lease cash incentive available on the CTS-V Coupe? or is it only available on some CTS models? Is the lease cash different on different CTS models?

Also, does it apply to new 2011's or only 12's (or is there another incentive on an '11 that would make it worth shopping an 11 over a 12)?

Also, would you mind posting the residuals and M/F for 36 and 48 month leases on the V (that is the term I will likely use rather than the 24).

Thanks again and happy new year!
  • You're very welcome hblatt1. In January General Motors is providing a total of $4,200 and waiving the first month's payment on 36-month leases of the 2012 CTS-V Coupe through Ally.

GM is not providing lease support on the 2011 model any longer. If you really want an '11 you would be better off financing it through Ally at 0% for six years.

Ally's January base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are 1.05% and 48%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are 3.4% and 41%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_man,
    I am interested in leasing a 12 CTS, AWD premium. The dealer quoted me $584 with 4k down on a 36m/10000m lease with rate being 1.5% and residual at 47%. He claims to sell the car $18 below invoice. Do you think this is an acceptable deal?
    I was also told that there is currently no lease cash available for this car from Ally or from the manufacturer. Is this true? This seems to contradict to what I have been reading from the forum. There seems to be 5k lease cash from Ally. Has that expired?
    Thank you in advance for your help.

Shan_ren (which means mountain man)
  • That's a cool name Shan_ren. Ally's current base lease rate for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CTS Sedan is 1.0%. Make sure to ask the dealer why they are charging you 1.5%.

Also, what you were told about there being no lease cash from GM on the CTS is absurd. General Motors is currently providing a whopping $5,450 cash incentive on 36-month leases of the '12 CTS Sedan through Ally.

It sounds to me as though you may want to find a new dealer to work with.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi, I was hoping to find out the cash incentives of the 2012 CTS Base Coupe.

The dealership quoted me a 36mo/10k lease for $425 ($485 after tax) a month on a Base Coupe valued at $39,590 but after incentives 34,300... with a 52% residual. Does this seem about right? I thought it was kind of high for a base model vehicle.
  • Hi onlyacaddy. General Motors is currently providing a $3,200 cash incentive on 36-month leases of the 2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe through Ally. After taking the cash incentive into account, it looks like you are being given a dealer discount of around two grand on this car. That probably about the spread between this car's MSRP and dealer invoice price...meaning that you're getting this car for around dealer invoice, which is a good deal.

Just make sure that the dealer is using Ally's current base lease rate of 1.05% to calculate your payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
  • km38iakm38ia Posts: 16
    I'm looking at the CTS sedan w/ a sticker of 38k. There national ad says 371 down plus tax, license, title, dealer fees at 371 a month before tax at 10k mile a year. Can that price go down even more once at the dealership? What should the payment be?

If i wanted 15k a year, what would the payment be?

Thanks Car Man
  • Hi, Car-man,
    Thank you very much for the info. Armed with this, I will visit the dealership today to get a deal done. I will not hesitate to walk away if I don't get the full benefits of the low rate and cash incentives. Thanks!
  • Hi km38ia. The nationally advertised lease that I have seen for the 2012 Cadillac CTS is $399 per month. One could likely improve upon that deal by shopping around and negotiating a lower selling price than the one that was used to arrive at it. The same goes for any nationally advertised deal from a manufacturer.

Car_man
    Host
  • You're very welcome shan_ren.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Carman-

Is the 5,450 cash incentive on a 36 month lease for the 2012 CTS sedan still available this month (February 2012) ? If so, when does it expire?

Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.