Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Cadillac CTS Lease Questions

Comments

• onlyacaddyonlyacaddy Posts: 4
    edited February 2012
    Could you tell me what the residual should be on the 2012 rwd base Coupe?
    36Mo/10K

Thanks!!
    edited February 2012
    Sorry and just one last thing!

Just to confirm, the following discounts are still applicable?

- $3500 Ally Incentive
    - $1000 Customer Loyalty (I already own a Cadillac)

Trying to pick up the car this week. Thanks.
  • Hey rem4cars. I believe that the cash incentive on 36-month leases of the 2012 Cadillac CTS Sedan through Ally is now $5,950. This offer is scheduled to run through February 29th, but I don't expect it to disappear after that date.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • I'd be happy to help you out onlyacaddy. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe Base with 10,000 miles per year are 1.05% and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Onlyacaddy, the cash incentive that is available on 36-month leases of this model through Ally now stands at $3,700. The $1,000 owner loyalty is indeed available on top of that.

Good luck in your quest for a new ride and make sure to stop back to let us all know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
  • brickfrenzybrickfrenzy Posts: 38
    edited February 2012
    Can I get the lease information on the CTS-V Wagon? My dealer quoted me an interest rate that seemed much higher than expected, and a residual much lower.

36 month, 12k and 15k.

Thanks!
  • Thanks very much Car_man, much appreciated!
  • Thanks for all the expertise in Forum members! How does the Feb. 2012 CTS lease deals compare with past months? As good or better than ever? (Speaking here of Texas and Ally Bank ultra low mileage lease.) Can anyone think under what situation a straight CTS "buy" might be a better deal this month? Have the CTS buying rebates ever been better? One popular website has a total $5450. in CTS rebates this month. Can someone explain? I've also seen in print the Ally lease cash rebate is $3700. plus $1,000. extra in owner loyalty cash. Elsewhere it states for Feb. there is a cash allowance of $2000. Is this in addition to owner loyalty allowance of $1000.? Any dealers ever give what amounts to "employee vehicle allowance" to non-employees in order to close a deal? Sorry for the questions! questions!---but the rebates are confusing...! Can all avail. rebates be explained step-by-step for Texas buyers?
  • I went into the dealer on Saturday and received a lease quote for a CTS-V wagon with a residual of 46% and 2% interest for 39 months at 12k per year.

From what I understand about the rebates, they vary depending on which model you get. So the V Wagon I was quoted was $5450. The base CTS may be different, as would the CTS Coupe.

Loyalty cash is separate from the Ally rebate, so if you previously owned a Cadillac, you'd get both cash allowances.

My dealer did give me the friends and family pricing on the car that I ordered, even though I don't officially have a code yet. My friend who works for GM is being unresponsive...
    edited February 2012
    Thanks Car_Man! Here's the update..

Ended up getting a 2012 CTS Base Coupe MSRP was $40,175

39M/10K Ally
    No first payment & no disposition
    No out of pocket at all.. included all dealer fees, registration/tags and 8% tax rolled in

$416 a month
    How'd I do??
  • Hi Car Man! The folks on this forum really helped out a lot when I got my last vehicle. I'm considering a couple of different ones...and wanted to get Residual and Money Factor for the 2012 Cadillac CTS Premium, assume excellent credit, for both 36 and 39 months.

I am being shown a MSRP of $51,870 but a residual of only 44% and an interest rate of 2.15% (I know I have excellent credit in the high 700's). They are showing a cap cost reduction of $5950, but not coming much off sales price yet (only $1500 off MSRP).

Thanks in advance!
  • Car Man,

I also meant to add, the info I am requesting would be 12,000 miles per year lease. Couldn't see any way to edit my above post. Sorry for that. I look forward to your reply!
  • Hi! Cadillac dealer is offering me the following:

$348/month $3,600 out of packet for the CTS4 (sunroof/AWD) - I dont qualify for the lease rebate - if I did, my payment would go down to $299.00 which is more in my range. but i'm getting $5450 rebate I'm not sure if I should wait and see what other rebates I might qualify for in March or just buy now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
  • tschaitschai Posts: 14
    What's the sale price? How many rebates/incentives did you get? Seems like a good deal since the national offer is $415/month before tax for 36m and 10k/yr and that's before the bank fee, ttl, etc.

I'm in the market for a coupe myself but the base is lacking a few features that I want and the next package up with those features is $5k more.

Car_Man, do you happen to have the residual and MF on the Performance Coupe for 36 or 39m and 10k/yr and what rebates are applicable to the coupe?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi brickfrenzy. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CTS-V Wagon with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 44%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome rem4cars.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem onlyacaddy. It would be easier for me to evaluate this deal if I knew what your selling price was, but the payment looks solid.

Car_man
    Host
    edited March 2012
    Here's the information that you're looking for coachknight. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CTS Sedan Premium with 12,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 43%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 1.0% and 41%.

Man those are some pretty weak residuals.

The reason why you aren't being given a larger dealer discount on this car is that there actually isn't a huge spread between its MSRP and dealer invoice price. A $1,500 discount is probably less than $1,000 over invoice. I'm not saying that you won't be able to get the dealer to go a little lower on price, just that there isn't a ton of room.

Car_man
    Host
    I certainly do tschai. Ally's March base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cadillac CTS Performance Coupe with 10,000 miles per year are 1.05% and 48%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 1.05% and 46%.

I believe that General Motors is currently providing a $4,955 cash incentive on leases of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thank you, Car Man! Guess they were doing their best with those sucky residuals. Guess I'll turn my immediate attention to getting my son's Infiniti G37 then I'll worry about mine later in the year. I'll see you over on that forum for now. ;)
This discussion has been closed.