Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Cadillac CTS Lease Questions

Comments

• I just leased the 2012 Cadillac CTS AWD Base model (sticker price was $40,500) for $265/month for 36 months, $0 money and no trade down through US Bank. Wrote a check for $350 (first months payment and $100 doc fee) and drove away! The Cadillac rebates are ridiculous. I got a total of $9000 in rebates from GM through bonus cash for leasing the CTS and lease conquest money. The car was also further discounted because it had 2000 miles on it since it was used as a demo vehicle at the dealership. The brand new car was never titled and still has the full factory warranty, and the car is extremely clean inside and out - not a mark on it. I ended up getting charged around $27k for a $40k car!! As good as brand new for 30% off sticker!! The buyout at the end of the lease is right around $20k. Be wary of leasing through Ally because they have a built in payment of $2500 if you want to buy the car out at the end of the lease term. US Bank's payment to buy out is only $350. Although buying out a vehicle after a lease is not usually smart, in my case the total cost of the car will only end up being $29,500 should I decide to buy it in three years when the lease is up. The car will only cost me $9,500 over three years if I decide to turn it back in. 2009 Base AWD CTS's coming off of leases currently sell for right around $25k, which is $6k more than the buyout payment will be for my CTS in three years! Payments of $265 on a brand new Cadillac CTS, can't beat that... If someone does, please post it here. I'd love to hear about it. Good luck guys!
  • Coming close to a deal...... what do you guys think? personally, I think they could do better

Cadillac CTS Coupe Performance RWD

Options - Sunroof, Wheel Locks, High Polished 18' Wheels

Here are the numbers

MSRP - 46,410
    Selling Price - 43845
    Rate - 1%
    Months - 39
    Residual - 45%
    Tax- 6.25%
    Doc Fee - 161.39
    License Fee - 194
    Total -45921
    Incentives - $5030
    Total - 40891

Monthly Payment $539
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Thanks musclenerd. Do you know what this car's MSRP and selling price are? Also, how long was this lease for? This information would be very helpful in evaluating this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Greetings musclenerd. Ally's June base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe Performance with 12,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 46%, respectively.

The cash incentive for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CTS Coupe through Ally is $5,030. There's an additional $2,000 cash incentive for current Cadillac owners and lessees and $2,000 for current lessees of non-General Motors vehicles.

Car_man
    Host
  • benneybbenneyb Posts: 13
    Hey Car Man, thanks for all your efforts here. Just curious, these incentive figures that are mentioned, are they listed anywhere? Did a quick check here on Edmunds, but no mention.

Thanks in advance.
  • kbill07kbill07 Posts: 17
    Carman,

Do you think these incentives from US Bank will continue throughout the year or is this something that someone should act now? I currently have 8 months on my lease and would rather not break it unless these incentives won't be around in 6 months.
    Fenderusastrat,

What made up the $9k in rebates. I see Cadillac is offering $2k for conquest lease and $5k for US Bank. What is the other $2k?
  • benneybbenneyb Posts: 13
    Anyone - the incentive amounts that are mentioned here for Ally and the other sources - are these publicly listed/available anywhere? Would like to know what is out there for us.
    What is a good price to negotiate on a based CTS Coupe? Should I be trying to aim for Invoice?
    Hi benneyb. Not that I am aware of, but they definitely exist.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi kbill07. While I always have to add the disclaimer that no one knows with 100% accuracy exactly what manufacturers will do with their future incentives, I personally expect General Motors' significant cash incentives on leases of the Cadillac CTS to continue indefinitely. Six months is a long time from now...we will probably be well into the 2013 CTS by then. Again, I personally would be shocked if GM didn't have a substantial level of support on the CTS when your leases is up, but a lot can happen over the course of eight months.

Car_man
    Host
  • iggsoiggso Posts: 28
    Leased 2012 CTS Sedan (Manual with no options.) in June for [$255 + tax] month with $200 out of pocket total (including first month).
  • dogfightyyyrdogfightyyyr Posts: 2
    edited July 2012
    Does anyone know the current lease rate/residual of a 2012 cts AWD base? Also are there any cash incentives from GM on the lease through Ally? 3yr/36k

Thank you
  • Car_man,

It's amazing how you keep up with all the requests, so allow me to add a little more to your plate... :)

What's the MF, Residual and Cash Incentives available for a:
    2012 CTS Coupe RWD Base, 36 months, 12K mi/year.

As far as I'm concerned, I should be able to take advatage of $2,000 on Conquest (my current lease is an Acura) and another $2000 on manufacturer's rebate. What other cash offers am I leaving off the table??

Also, who offering the best incentives, US Bank or Ally? Do I get to pick which lender to go with for my lease, or is that the dealer's call?

Thanks!
  • cellicecellice Posts: 8
    edited July 2012
    Greetings,

Can I get some assistance on a 2012 CTS Coupe Base AWD. I received the following from a dealership. Is this a good price?

MSRP: 42590.00
    Selling price: 38865.00
    Rebate: 4550.00
    Term: 24 months, 10,000 miles per year
    Residual: 65%
    Rate: 2.00
    Acq Fee: 795
    Registration/Title/Tags: 284.50
    MD Sales tax: 2343.84
    Doc fee: 199

payment: $483.41/month with only your first payment due at signing

This is through Aly bank. Is there rebates he's missing? I'm trading in a 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe (not included in lease right now). I live in MD. Would I get better numbers on a 36 month lease? I am really hoping to get to the 300-350 range. Based on previous peoples deals I should be able to get there no?
  • Cellice,

After using the payment estimator on Ally's website and a trip to a local dealership, I've found out the following information:

Keep in mind that my research is based on the RWD version of the 2012 CTS Coupe Base, not the AWD; however, I believe the numbers are identical.

The GM/Ally rebates are $4,550 (like you were quoted) on a 24 month lease and $2,800 on the 36. You are better off with the 24-month term because it carries a higher cash rebate and residual (65% for 24mo vs 57% for 36mo.) I'm doing the same since the payment is $15-$30 cheaper.

If you are leasing your current Genesis, then you should get another $2,000 through their Conquest promotion (non-GM lessees.)

I was told that GM reduced the cash rebates this month but raised the residuals to compensate for it, which makes sense from looking at June's numbers.

The interest rate I was quoted is 1.9%.
  • vittyvitty Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man,
    Could you provide current lease rates for a variety of years/mileages for the 2012 CTS-V coupe and sedan? Much appreciated!
    Hello dogfightyyyr. Ally's July base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CTS Sedan AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 1.25% and 55%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,675 cash incentive that General Motors is providing on 36-month leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks bullishtaurus. I try :). Ally's July base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe with 12,000 miles per year are 1.4% and 63%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $825 cash incentive that is available on 36-month leases of it through Ally.

Yes, you should be eligible for the special $2,000 cash incentive for consumers who are currently leasing a non-GM vehicle, but the $2,000 dealer cash is not compatible with the special lease program.

The dealer will likely steer you towards whichever bank is running the best lease program on this car right now, but I doubt that there's much difference between US Bank's and Ally's programs.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cellice. The lease rate that you were quoted appears to be slightly high. I believe that Ally's current base rate on a 24-month lease of a '12 CTS Coupe is only 1.0%. Look into that.

If you are trading in a non-General Motors vehicle in the Baltimore area you should be eligible for a $2,000 cash incentive on top of the $3,725 cash incentive that GM is providing on 24-month leases of this car through Ally.

Given all of these cash incentives, I have a feeling that you should be able to do better than the $3,700 discount that you were quoted on this car as well if you shop around.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.