Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Cadillac CTS Lease Questions

Comments

• killermezokillermezo Posts: 10
    edited March 2013
    yeah im waiting, however i might change my mind to the dodge challenger, i test drove one and the v8 blew my mind... about $200 cheaper than the cts. however im worried about rwd and summer tires. the charger is even a better choice comes with a lot more options than the cts adaptive cruse control, collision warning, heated and cooled cup holders and only 340 a month! i dunno i'm really confused dunno what to choose, thank god i still have some time on my current lease... waiting for the auto show hopefully something catchs my eye. i also noticed that all the cts coups here in michigan esp around Detroit are driven by some old old old people... not sure if i dig that
  • mrcoupemrcoupe Posts: 27
    i wouldnt get real wheel drive ,, its nice to have the stability of all wheel drive esp in the rain or snow,,,i leased a 2007 cts rear wheel drive my wife couldnt get it up the drive way with a dusting of snow,, then in a rainstorm it almost hydroplaned into a guardrail,, when i first leased it i intended to buy it
    white diamond with a black interior,,, after the experiance in rain and snow we let it go,,, i now have a srx all wheel it a great car and u can feel it hugging the road,its an option to buy, its the same system as the cts... i saw some picks the new cts i think looks like the gm concept the front like the ciel
    the thing is if i dont make a move whats the interest rates in a year
  • mpnx2mpnx2 Posts: 3
    Looking to lease a 2013 CTS-V Sedan. Can someone help me with the residual? Is it still 53%. What kind of payments would I expect with 5k down and a tax rate of 8.25 and a sticker of about 72k? I am looking for a 39 month lease with15k miles.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    I can help you mpnx2. Ally's March base lease rate and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are 2.3% and 53%.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,690 cash incentive that General Motors is currently providing on 36-month leases of it.

I see that you are considering making a $5,000 down payment on your lease. I always advise consumers not to make large down payments on leased vehicles. Those who do risk losing part or all of the money that they laid out if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be higher it's much safer to go with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • mpnx2mpnx2 Posts: 3
    Thanks for the advice Car man. I did stumble upon your advice regarding the downpayment in an article here at Edmunds.com. I am working several dealers for numbers currently. Knowing of the 2690 incentive helps a bunch. Funny I didnt see that incentive listed on the Cadillac website.
    You're very welcome mpnx2. Good luck and make sure to stop back and let us all know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
    WHATS EVERYONE THINK OF THE NEW CTS ,,I DO LIKE THE FRONT AND THE INTERIOR ,,BUT I DONT LIKE THAT CADILLAC GOT RID OF SOME OF THE EDGENESS TO KEEP THE CHINESE HAPPY
    THE REAR END IS TO PLAIN
  • jdubyamnjdubyamn Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man, thanks for all your helpful information on here. I'm looking at leasing a 2013 CTS-V Wagon. Looking at the manual transmission, which there aren't many out there so it would probably come from out of state.

I'm wondering what the lease rate and residual would be for 24 month or 36 month, 15k per year. I can put money down, but based on your previous post, it seems like the zero down is the best way to go.

Is there anything timing wise to be aware of? i.e. March, April
  • krikiterkrikiter Posts: 6
    jdubyamn,
    I'm sure Car_man will give you specifics, but as of a few weeks ago it was a 2.3% lease rate and 53% residual for 15k miles at 36 months. Be aware, there is no longer a 2% reduction in residual for manual trans, and that was new as of March, so make sure the dealer is aware (had to remind mine).

I had to do a build order to get the car I wanted, you might want to consider the same. The dealer I used sells a lot of Vs and drop ships them across the county. PM me for details if you're interested. As far as I know, they're still accepting orders for 2013MY.

BTW, I picked up my wagon last week. You will love this car, it's so much fun.
  • pinibopinibo Posts: 10
    Car man, I would appreciate your assistance. Looking at two vehicles. Audi 4 and Cadillac CTS Premium.

In this forum, I will ask only about the Caddy.

I have an MSRP of $50,530 and a price lower than invoice at $46,171.

Dealer IMR Contribution of $248.00 plus LMA Group Contribution of $496.00, plus tags and fees will be paid cash.

Looking for a 24 month lease. 10,000 or 12,000 miles per year. Could you give me a ball park figure of possible monthly payments?

Taxes in Florida of 6.5% (county .5%) would be applied on first $5,000 and 6% would apply on the balance. Should the tax be paid cash or added to the monthly payment?

Thanks

pinibo
    do u think gm will put some money in the 2 yr lease on the cts coupe like they did last april ?
    righr now its just not enough,,, thanks regards happy holiday mr coupe by the way did u make it out to the car show
    You're welcome jdubyamn. There definitely isn't many CTS-V Wagons with manual transmissions out there.

Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 62%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 2.3% and 53%.

General Motors is currently providing a $2,690 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this vehicle through Ally.

These programs are scheduled to run through April 30th, but it is possible that GM might revise them for April. Feel free to check back later this week and I can let you know if there is any changes.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi pinibo. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2013 Cadillac CTS Sedan that has an MSRP of $50,530 and a selling price of $46,171 through Ally right now for 24-months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $610.

The payment for an otherwise identical lease with 10,000 miles per year would be $589.

Most people roll the sales tax into their payment in states where they are allowed to.

Car_man
    Host
  • pinibopinibo Posts: 10
    Thanks, Car man. I think I'll pass on this dealer.

This is what I was have offered:

Here is the information you requested.

Both are 10,000 mile per year leases.

Both are based with $1891.77 down

24 x $653.44 Plus tax

36 x $582.46 Plus tax

Please let me know which one you would like and what day and time you would like to pick it up.
    NO ACTIVITY HERE WHAT HAPPENED
  • krikiterkrikiter Posts: 6
    Maybe the ALL CAPS and lack of punctuation made everyone think you were yelling at them, so they decided not to come back. Just sayin'.
    how is this .... maybe everyone is waiting till May ,or the new body style
    hi car man,, i wanted check in and see the offer on the cts coupe 36 month and 24 month
    has gm sweetened the deals and rebates thank you
  • legion455legion455 Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    Hi All,...
    I need some help, ... (or send me some vasoline for when I go to the Dealer ! :(

Trade-In 2010 CTS Sedan, Red, Performance, Nav, Ultraroof, 18" polished, 33K Miles, excellent condition. I owe Ally 19,888 ... Dealer wants to give me $24,00 trade-in.

Car I want to Lease: CTS Coupe, White, Sunroof, Premium = msrp $50,740
    for a purchase dealer said he would discount $2386 to invoice, $2000 rebate from Cadillac)

Would this also apply to a lease? plus what is the lease rate? and residual? and how would I figure out the payment for a 36 mo lease (15,000 per yr)? (I live in Indiana = 7% tax rate)(Dealer in Ky) or what should I be looking for (mindful of) when I go to dealer?

thanks for any help!!!!
    Allen
  • legion455legion455 Posts: 6
    Just talked to my dealer ...
    they're saying lease rate on the White CTS Coupe is 2.4%, and residual is 56%
    with a trade-in allowance of $4111 will make for a $526/mo on a 3 yr 15,000 per year lease.

Does this sound correct?
    Allen
This discussion has been closed.