Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac DTS Lease Questions

Comments

• lanzzlanzz Posts: 75
    Can you please provide the money factor and residual for a 2006 Cadillac DTS Performance for 36 months and 15,000 miles in NY State?

Thanks -
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi gfarrell. It's tough to say how much of a discount the quote that you were given includes. It isn't a secret though, all you have to do to find out is ask. I personally would never do business with a dealer that refused to tell me the price of the car they were trying to get me to lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
    Hello lanzz. Through April 4th, GMAC's base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Cadillac DTS with 15,000 miles per year are 3.75% and 58%, respectively. As you can see, GMAC uses lease rates instead of money factors to calculate vehicles' lease payments. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
  • joep8joep8 Posts: 3
    Are the residual values negotiable? I'm working on a deal for a DTS with 36 months, 15k miles and the dealer is using a 3.75% rate and 54% residual. Has GMAC reduced the residual value 4% on this car since April 4?
  • maxdog3maxdog3 Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man -

Are these figures for lease rate and residual still acurate for a 36 month lease on a DTS today?

thanks.
  • maxdog3maxdog3 Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man -

I am trying to find out the GMAC money rate and residual for a 2 and 3 year 15,000 mile lease on a 2006 DTS.

Thanks
    No, joep8, vehicles' residual values are sent by the banks that they are being leased through and are not negotiable. I believe that GMAC's residual values for most vehicles are the same today as they were in April. Its current lease rate and residual value for a 36 month, 15,000 mile per year lease of an '06 DTS are 3.75% and 54%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    I am sorry to say, maxdog3, that they are not. If you were to lease a 2006 Cadillac DTS through GMAC right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 3.75% and 54%, respectively. As you can see, GMAC's residual value for this car dropped 4% for this term from its first quarter lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey maxdog3. Please see my previous post for this car's 36 month lease program. If you were to lease one through GMAC right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its lease rate and residual value should be 3.75% and 62%.

Car_man
    Host
  • twm1944twm1944 Posts: 2
    I am considering the lease on a 2006 DTS Luxury II. MSRP is $44,490 including destination. Term is 39 months and 12,000 miles. I have $1,500 "GM cash" and current $1,000 GM incentive for capital cost buy down. What should I expect to pay.

thanks
  • twm1944twm1944 Posts: 2
    Car_Man

I forgot to include the "sale" price of $41,600 to the previous messsage.....(below)....

I am considering the lease on a 2006 DTS Luxury II. MSRP is $44,490 including destination. Term is 39 months and 12,000 miles. I have $1,500 "GM cash" and current $1,000 GM incentive for capital cost buy down. What should I expect to pay.

(The money factor and residual would be helpful. I live in Michigan.)

thanks again

twm
    Hi twm1944. In addition to the cash incentives that you mentioned, you should be able to negotiate a dealer discount on this car as well. Its exact monthly payment will depend upon how much of an additional discount you negotiate. If you let me know what the selling price of the car that you are interested in is, I can estimate what its lease payment should be for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Ahhhhh, thanks for the additional information, twm1944. I should have scrolled ahead. OK, let's work up a lease payment on this car and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Cadillac DTS with an MSRP of $44,490 and a selling price of $39,100 ($41,600 - $1,500 GM cash - $1,000 incentive) through GMAC right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $483. I used a lease rate of 3.75% and a residual value of 57% to arrive at this payment. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • nav3nav3 Posts: 1
    Car Man ,

Can you provide me with a 39 month lease payment for a DTS Luxury 11 with a MSRP of $48,840 12000 miles a year. With GM discount and local rebates price is discounted down to ($39,000) required only first month payment and tax title down. Thanks
    Hi nav3. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Cadillac DTS with an MSRP of $48,840 and a selling price of $39,000 through GMAC right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year (I have not seen its 39 month lease program), your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $415.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • vpfinnvpfinn Posts: 1
    I am planning on leasing a 2006 Cadillac DTS-Luxury II model with a MSRP of $47685. The lease will be for 39 months, 10,000 miles per year, with no money down and taxes included in the lease. I am trading in a car for $9000. and that money will be rolled into the lease.
    Can you please tell me what the lease should cost me monthly.
    Thank you.
    Hi vpfinn. there's nothing wrong with trading in your current vehicle when leasing. However, it would be in your best interest to have the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for your car rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment for your lease. I say this because consumers who make large down payments on leases risk losing their money if their leased vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work up a sample lease payment on the car that you are interested in for you if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • I am interested in leasing DTS LUX 11 06, MSRP $45235
    sell price $40512, 39 mo 39k mi, 0 down. What should I pay for lease, excluding tax?
  • Hi acp60. I don't believe that GMAC is providing lease support on 2006 Cadillac models any longer. As a result, if you were to lease one right now you would have to do so through an independent bank. This late in the model year, you actually might be better off leasing a 2007 model. Make sure to get a payment quote in a similar 2007 model before leasing a 2006.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • dtsmandtsman Posts: 1
    Greetings! I was wondering if GM has any lease pull ahead deals goin on. I have a 2004 SRX V8 AWD loaded minus openview. Lease is done in Aug 2007. Would like to get
    an 06 DTS performance model. Good deals going on?
This discussion has been closed.