Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac DTS Lease Questions

13»

Comments

• Yes, dtsman, General Motors is running a lease pull ahead program right now. It allows current GMAC lessees out of their deals three months early at no charge if they purchase or lease a new GM vehicle. As an added bonus, I believe that consumers who take advantage of this program get a $1,000 bonus that they can apply towards their new vehicle. You would be able to take advantage of this offer, but you won't be able to use it to cover all of your remaining lease payments on your SRX. You will have to pay money out of pocket to get a new Cadillac. As a result, if I was in your situation I personally would wait until I was closer to the scheduled end of my lease to get something new.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • I am looking into leasing a used Cadillac DTS, are there any specific guidelines I will need to know about when leasing a used vehicle?
    Thanks,
    Josh
  • I recently turned in my GMC lease one month early and bought a new GMC. My lease was through GMAC. My new vehicle is through a different bank. Do I still qualify for the pull ahead program because I turned in a GM early and bought a new GM or did this have to be done only if I financed through GMAC both times? Thanks.
  • Hi linda1056. I am not 100% positive about this so you will have to check with your dealer to be sure, but I do not believe that you are eligible for GM's lease pull-ahead program if you do not lease or finance your new vehicle through GMAC.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • billharbinbillharbin Posts: 1
    dtsman,

I have a beautiful Blue Chip Performance model with every option except nav. Tuscony Black Leather is very nice. I took a 39 mo. GMAC lease in March 2006. The car is sitting in my step-mother's driveway in Calhoun GA with 10,000 miles on it. I'm on a long term overseas assignment and won't be back before the lease ends. Since your lease is up in August, you could take over the remainder of the lease and get 32,900 miles for $680/mo. If this sounds good to you, please reply either here, or my e-mail is harbin_bill@yahoo.com.
  • Is anyone able to give me the current residual rate and interest rate for the DTS here in August? I am looking at both a 2 year or 3 year with 12000 miles. Thanks for your time.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Here's the information that you're looking for, jmschultz22. GMAC's base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Cadillac DTS with 12,000 miles per year are 3.75% and 64%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 3.75% and 57%. When negotiating your lease on the DTS that you are interested in, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 lease cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • vic10vic10 Posts: 188
    I've always paid cash for my cars (paying myself a monthly car payment which then becomes the cash to buy the replacement vehicle). Typical mileage is 12k per year. And I keep them for approx. 6 years (though an '85 Park Ave. was dumped as soon as the warranty expired at 3 years). I currently own a 2005 300C with 36k miles and am looking at trading it for a DTS (or maybe CTS) in the Spring, and would likely keep it till the RWD DTS arrives in 2010 - 2011 (assuming the new one stays in the current DTS price range). A colleague made the comment that "unless you like to keep your cars for 8 - 10 years, leasing is the most cost effective way have a car". Is that a true statement?
13»
This discussion has been closed.