Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac Escalade Lease Questions

Comments

• jim53jim53 Posts: 109
    Car_man

Have the residual or money factors changed at all on the 2007, 36 month, 12K miles per year from what you quoted above? What are the current incentives you are aware of?

Does anyone have any recent experience getting a good lease deal and will you share details?
  • Hello i live in fl and iam looking to lease a new escalade msrp $58610, black exterior, vin# 1GYEC638X7R304311. i want a 36 or 39 month lease. i'd like to know what would be a good price to buy it for, the current base rate for this kind of lease and the residual. thank you so much for your help. iam trying to get a gmid certificate but's been dificult. i need advice.
  • Hi jim53. Through January 2nd, GMAC's base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Cadillac Escalade with 15,000 miles per year are 6.15% and 55%, respectively. When negotiating your capitalized cost for this truck make sure to take the $2,145 bonus cash that is available on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Greetings escallade. Through January 2nd, GMAC's base lease rate for the 2007 Cadillac Escalade is 6.15%. GM is providing $2,145 bonus cash on it that will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease. You may be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for this truck right now by checking out the prices that other community members have paid for theirs in the following discussion: "Cadillac Escalade: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi Carman,
    can you tell me the Feb lease rates and residuals for the escalade for both 27 and 36 months with 10k miles? And are there any good incentives?

Much appreciated.
  • I sure can, monkeyshift. Here you go. According to the latest information that I have seen, GMAC's February base lease rate and residual value for a 27 month lease of a 2007 Cadillac Escalade with 10,000 miles per year are 6.15% and 68%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 6.15% and 60%. When negotiating the capitalized cost for your lease, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 lease cash that GM is currently providing on the '07 Escalade.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Thanks carman, you rock. Also, are those rates the same for the Denali and Denali xl? I can't seem to make up my mind between the two brands...
  • Car man, sorry to belabor this lease payment stuff, but I am almost about to pull the trigger and I think the payment I'm being quoted is too high and I'd like to try to confirm.

MSRP: 66700
    Negotiated price: 64100
    39 Month lease, 10k miles/year
    $966/month

According to your figures and a lease calculator I found online, the payment should be about $50 lower per month. I adjusted the residual value to 57% to account for the extra three months the car would be in my possession.

Any help from you or any other member of the board would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Charlie
  • I tend to think the price you were quoted is too high as well. I leased my 07 in Oct w/zero down and $828 per month (tax included). Sticker was 64800. Verify the interest rate you were given...when I balked at their original 900+ payment, it turns out the interest rate mysteriously was 'bought down'.
  • lvdhlvdh Posts: 29
    You got a great deal. Would you be so kind and tell us what interest rate were quoted and then what interest rate did you finally get? Also, are you located in state where you pay a monthly use tax, and if so, what percent? Did you receive a rebate which reduced the cost of the vehicle, and if so, how much? What was the name and location of the dealer where you leased your Escalade from? Thank you.
  • Hey car man,

Thanks for all your info! For an 07 Escalade ESV, is the $1000 lease cash in addition to the $2150 GM money.

Thanks

TK
  • I've been out of town but will try to remember to look at my paperwork tonight.
  • HELLO,
    AS A GM EMPLOYEE I AM OFFERED A 2007 ESCALADE EXECUTIVE VEHICLE FOR $48600.00, MSRP IS 64500.00.PURCHASE PRICE IS $35000 AFTER 39 MONTHS.
    THE LEASE I RECEIVED WAS $600.00 MONTH, 58% RESIDUAL AND GMAC RATE OF 6.15.
    MY QUESTION IS REGARDING THE MSRP AND ACTUAL PRICE.WHICH SHOULD THE SALESMAN USE TO FIGURE OUT MY PRICE?
    ALSO CAN I NEGOTIATE THE $35000 PURCHASE PRICE,EVEN THOUGH I AM GETTING THIS LOW PRICE?
    I WANT TO MAXIMIZE EVERY SAVING POSSIBLE AS A GM EMPLOYEE.
    THANKS,
    JOHN P
  • carman,

i am interested in leasing a 2007 Tahoe and will be trading a 2005 Cad EXT truck ..
    the truck i own is financed with 3 years remaining...payments are $732.00...i bought this truck
    with a pre certified warranty with Cadillac. it is warrantied up to 100,000 miles. it had 8K miles
    on it when i bought it 2 years ago. It has 60K miles on
    it now.

I am a dealer's dream because once a new body style comes out, I become
    very disenchanted with the vehicle i own. Also, I feel like this truck will be worth very
    little at the end of the payments because it will be a "generation- older" than the current available used
    trucks.

leasing is appealing to me since i trade about every 2 years.

where is the trade-in value calculated into a lease?

hope to hear from you soon...

Cena Martin
    Shelbyville, TN
  • 3 year, 36000 mile lease.
    MSRP - $64815 (incl destination charge)
    $2145 credit/rebate for navigation event
    Gross Capitalized Cost: $58387.
    Adj capitalized cost - $56242
    Residual value - $37138
    Base pymt 773.65, 7% sales tax - 827 per month.
    Huber Cadillac in Omaha, NE
    I did the deal in October 2006 and it was unique in that the vehicle was the dealership's wifes demo for 2 month. When she brought it back, it was promptly damaged by a parts delivery truck and required the drivers side front and rear doors outer 'skins' to be replaced. So, long story short, mine probably wasn't the typical deal....
  • Hi Car Man. I'm interested in a low mileage (10,000 mile) 2-year lease for a 2007 2WD Cadillac Escalade. What is the resdiual rate, money factor, and the GMAC bank fee for this month? GM says $1500 cash incentive, what does this translate for a lease? Is there any other incentives relating the Presidents Day sale?
  • Thanks monkeyshift. Yes, I believe that GMAC's lease rates are the same for the Cadillac Escalade Denali and Denali XL as well.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hey Charlie. Let's work up a sample lease payment on this truck and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 Cadillac Escalade with an MSRP of $66,700 and a selling price of $64,100 through GMAC right now for 39 months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $900. Again, this is before tax so it is closer to the payment that you were quoted than it initially looks. I used a lease rate of 6.15% and a residual value of 59% to arrive at this payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • No problem, tkcane. The $2,145 bonus cash that General Motors was providing on Cadillacs in December expired and is no longer available. GM is currently providing $1,500 lease cash on the '07 Escalade ESV.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi John. The lease rate that you were quoted is correct. GMAC's current base lease rate for the 2007 Cadillac Escalade is indeed 6.15%. You will need both your truck's full MSRP and selling price to calculate its lease payment. The following article describes just how both are used to calculate your monthly payment: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

It is difficult to say whether you will be able to negotiate your truck's lease-end purchase option price. Some banks are willing to negotiate leased vehicles' end of term prices from time to time, but you won't know whether GMAC will be willing to work with you until you give them a call a month or two before the scheduled expiration of your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi Cena. There's nothing wrong with trading in your current vehicle when you lease a new one. Are you currently upside down on your truck (owe more money than it is worth), or do you have equity in it? If you have equity, it would be in your best interest to have the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for it rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment for your lease. If you owe more than it is worth, you are going to have to either pay money out of your own pocket or roll your negative equity into your new lease to get out of your truck.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi shfawaz. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Cadillac Escalade 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are 6.15% and 56%, respectively. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. I believe that GMAC's current lease acquisition fee is $595. GM is providing $1,500 lease cash on this truck right now. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating the capitalized cost for your lease. Unfortunately, GM's President's Day sale is only available on Buick, Chevrolet, GMC, Pontiac, and Saturn models, not Cadillacs.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Can you review your answer-56% residual for a two year low-milege (10,000) lease? Lower residual for a 24 month lease than that of a 39 month. I think you made a mistakee. Can you double-check please. Thanks!
  • There is equity in my EXT...between 4000 -5000 dollars and i still owe 3 years of payments. It really bothers me to be paying 3 more years on an older body style (2005)
    cadillac. To me that just doesn't sound smart. I also feel that dropping to a tahoe,even
    though i love them, is a step-down. The dealer has offered me $4000 cash back for my
    truck and a LTZ for around $550 a month lease...then if i love it i should purchase it
    at the end of the lease. any comments?

Cena
  • Hi Carman,
    Wondering what GMAC's lease rates and residuals are for March for the Escalade and ESV for 27 and 39 months with 10k miles? Thanks!
  • shfawazshfawaz Posts: 16
    Add to that the 24 month 10,000 mile lease rates for the Escalade for March too.
  • shfawazshfawaz Posts: 16
    Went to a dealer today, got the scoop. On a 24 month GMAC low mileage lease the residual is 70% with a money rate of 6.15% and bank fee of 595. There is currently $2,500.00 (started yesterday) cap cost reduction (bonus cash) on the Escalade. I was told that the residual drops to 69% if the Escalade has the $2999 22" aluminum wheels. I also read on AOL that GM is offering a whopping $6,500 rebate on the Escalade ESV or EXT (purchase). Of course, that never carries over to leases, but I'd be curious to know how much of that does, although a $2,500 cap cost reduction isn't too shabby.
  • thanks, let me know how you're lease comes out, I too am looking for a 24 month, 10k lease on either the escalade or a loaded denali.