Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac Escalade Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi jaleen1994. since you are already getting the GMS price for the truck that you want, you can't negotiate any more on its selling price. The only other aspect of your deal that the dealer can profit from is its lease rate. GMAC's current base lease rate for a lease of an '07 Escalade EXT is 3.95%. As you can see, it appears as though the dealer you are working with is marking up your truck's lease rate to add additional back-end profit to your deal. This practice is fairly common, but can usually be avoided by consumers who confront dealers with vehicles' base lease rates.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
    Hi jbratx. I don't believe that General Motors is providing any hidden incentives like dealer cash on the 2006 Escalade. The only incentives that I am aware of on it right now are 0% financing for up to 5 years and 1.9% for 6 years or $5,500 customer cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • jbratxjbratx Posts: 40
    Hey Car_Man,
    So, do you think $45,000 is a good deal for the 2006?
  • CAR_MAN
    THANK YOU BUT WHERE CAN I FIND THIS BASE LEASE RATE AT ONLINE SO I CAN PRINT IT OUT AND GO BACK IN WITH IT. THANK YOU
    Hey jbratx. What is this truck's MSRP? If you let me know, I'll tell you what I think. Also, you may want to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately: "Cadillac Escalade: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Shhhh, you're shouting ;) . You're welcome, jaleen1994. Unfortunatley, I am not aware of any source that it available on line that provides this sort of information to the general public.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • amcdadamcdad Posts: 61
    What are the residual/money factor rates for 2006 Escalades this month?
  • jbratxjbratx Posts: 40
    Hi Car_Man,
    I just came back from the dealership and they offered me a brand new 2005 Escalade, Black Raven, PDC Package (Sun Roof/Navigation/Rims) for $43,000 before taxes and fees and 45,948 after. This car has a MSRP price of $58,190. I wanted to know if that price is good for a dealer left over.

- Thank You
  • Negotiating out of my '04 SRX lease into '07 Escalade. MSRP is 67305- has every option avail - including retractable running boards. Blk Raven. What is the residual percent now and the money factor. Last time I checked it was 6.95% equivalent APR w/ residual at 54% I'm told the residual on this one is 58%. Any ideas on how to get out of $2000 in remaining lease pymts on SRX? GMBUYPOWER.COM shows the 2500 cash even though this Escalade has the U3R radio...? Is GM's website not savvy enough to know whether to show the cash or not?
  • Hi mil6753. This truck's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for and what mileage allowance you get. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 12,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Cadillac Escalade with 12,000 miles per year are 6.15% and 58%, respectively. For the month of October, all Cadillac models have $2,145 bonus cash available on them. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating your truck's capitalized cost. Unfortunately, there is no cheap way for you to get out of your current lease early. If I was in your situation, I personally would wait until I was closer to the scheduled end of my current lease to get a new truck. It's not like there's some amazing incentive on the Escalade that you might miss out on my waiting.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • jim53jim53 Posts: 109
    Car_man

Have the residual or money factors changed at all on the 2007, 36 month, 12K miles per year from what you quoted above? What are the current incentives you are aware of?

Does anyone have any recent experience getting a good lease deal and will you share details?
  • Hello i live in fl and iam looking to lease a new escalade msrp $58610, black exterior, vin# 1GYEC638X7R304311. i want a 36 or 39 month lease. i'd like to know what would be a good price to buy it for, the current base rate for this kind of lease and the residual. thank you so much for your help. iam trying to get a gmid certificate but's been dificult. i need advice.
  • Hi jim53. Through January 2nd, GMAC's base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Cadillac Escalade with 15,000 miles per year are 6.15% and 55%, respectively. When negotiating your capitalized cost for this truck make sure to take the $2,145 bonus cash that is available on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Greetings escallade. Through January 2nd, GMAC's base lease rate for the 2007 Cadillac Escalade is 6.15%. GM is providing $2,145 bonus cash on it that will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease. You may be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for this truck right now by checking out the prices that other community members have paid for theirs in the following discussion: "Cadillac Escalade: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi Carman,
    can you tell me the Feb lease rates and residuals for the escalade for both 27 and 36 months with 10k miles? And are there any good incentives?

Much appreciated.
  • I sure can, monkeyshift. Here you go. According to the latest information that I have seen, GMAC's February base lease rate and residual value for a 27 month lease of a 2007 Cadillac Escalade with 10,000 miles per year are 6.15% and 68%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 6.15% and 60%. When negotiating the capitalized cost for your lease, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 lease cash that GM is currently providing on the '07 Escalade.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Thanks carman, you rock. Also, are those rates the same for the Denali and Denali xl? I can't seem to make up my mind between the two brands...
  • Car man, sorry to belabor this lease payment stuff, but I am almost about to pull the trigger and I think the payment I'm being quoted is too high and I'd like to try to confirm.

MSRP: 66700
    Negotiated price: 64100
    39 Month lease, 10k miles/year
    $966/month

According to your figures and a lease calculator I found online, the payment should be about $50 lower per month. I adjusted the residual value to 57% to account for the extra three months the car would be in my possession.

Any help from you or any other member of the board would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Charlie
  • I tend to think the price you were quoted is too high as well. I leased my 07 in Oct w/zero down and $828 per month (tax included). Sticker was 64800. Verify the interest rate you were given...when I balked at their original 900+ payment, it turns out the interest rate mysteriously was 'bought down'.
  • lvdhlvdh Posts: 29
    You got a great deal. Would you be so kind and tell us what interest rate were quoted and then what interest rate did you finally get? Also, are you located in state where you pay a monthly use tax, and if so, what percent? Did you receive a rebate which reduced the cost of the vehicle, and if so, how much? What was the name and location of the dealer where you leased your Escalade from? Thank you.