Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac Escalade Lease Questions

Comments

• See my post - #93......i just went to dealer today and i got 6.1% .....what did your dealer give you for a lease end value and Adjusted Cap Cost?
  • Greetings escaladeleasee. The Escalade that you are interested in probably has a spread of around $5,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Plus, General Motors is providing $850 lease cash on it right now. This gives you a total of around $6,350 to play with. You were quoted a discount of right around $5,950 on this truck. That looks like an excellent selling price to me. The 6.1% lease rate that you were quoted is right in line with GMAC's base rate for this truck. If you like it, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Car Man,
    Your thoughts on the below.

2008 Escalade
    MSRP = $67380
    Selling Price = $63400
    Res = 57%
    39 Months
    15K miles
    Payment = $849.00

Can i do better? Is my math correct when i calculate it at a 3.75% money factor. I forgot to ask the dealer but can this be a correct money factor? If not how are they getting to $849 payment and can i get it lower?

Thanks.
  • My Grandfather leased a 2007 Cadillac Escalade in Jun 06. He now wants to trade it in on a new truck, the lease was for 48 months! My question is what is going to happen once he tries to do this and could he trade the Caddy in and not lease the truck or does he has to lease itI think he wants to buy the truck outright!

Oh his payment was $795 a month! If curious!
  • Longtom

If you dont mind can you share the dealership and sales person as would like to get a similar price.

Thanks
  • Hi longtom. The Escalade that you are interested in likely has a spread of a little over $5,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Add to this the $850 cash incentive that is available on leases of this truck through GMAC and you have a total of $6,350 to play with. You were quoted a discount of just under $4,000. That is probably still more than $2,000 over invoice. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, you should be able to better than that. I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over invoice. That means another $1,000 to $1,500 off the selling price that you're at now. Furthermore, GM just introduced a special $1,000 President's Day incentive on the '08 Escalade yesterday. That means you might be able to do $2,000 to $2,500 better than this by shopping around.

Car_man
    Host
  • Greetings cdcruizer05. I am sorry to say that it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates. In order to do so, your Grandfather would need to purchase the Escalade that he is currently leasing from the bank that he is leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost him to get out of his lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You or he should place a call to the bank that he is leasing his vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost him to buy his leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what the Escalade is currently worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". Don't forget to check to see if he is still on the hook for his remaining lease payments. The difference between the leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost him to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that he is obligated to pay will be the cost of getting out of the lease right now. You may find that he is better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of his lease to get another new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
  • srf2srf2 Posts: 6
    Can anyone tell me the current lease rate and residual value % from GMAC for a 2008 ESV for both 36 and 48 months on the 12K/year lease? Thank you.
  • My husband has secured a loan on a 05 Infiniti b/c he is bent on turning in his recently leased 2008 Toyota Tundra. I think this is a very bad idea & I am uneasy about this. He states that he is "just taking it back to the dealership" like its no problem. Please advise me of any and all repercussions in doing this. I believe that this is going to hurt him in the future and definitely will ruin his already bad credit.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,905
    joey87.. Re-post your question here: General Questions about Leasing Vehicles. More members will see your post in that discussion.

You should be concerned...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• This is for an '08 Escalade Ultra

24 months 15,000 miles
    5.15% Money Factor 
    65% Residual

39 months 15,000 miles
    4.40% Money Factor 
    54% Residual

Does it seem fair? This is my first attempt at going from Chevy to Cadillac. I must say, I'm experiencing a little sticker shock.
  • srf2srf2 Posts: 6
    Car_Man or any Host:

I'm about to do the following deal - any input would be greatly appreciated. I'm in NY.

2008 ESV w/ Ultra Package - MSRP 69,625
    39 Month/10K/Year 6.15% w/ 59% Residual
    Paying Taxes, $695 Acquisition fee and other fees upfront.

Payment: $825.61
    Tax, 1st Month, Acquisition Fee & Other Fees: $4,565.65

Any feedback on this deal would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
  • ted48067ted48067 Posts: 1
    I got a deal on a 2008 with 2,000 down 39 mos. 12,000 yr. With the 22" wheels and the pearl white, no navigation, no flip down dvd player, no heated steering wheel or electric running boards 745.00/mo incl. mich sales tax using gms pricing. I may wait I think the deals may get better, I hoping for 700/mo incl tax
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Here's the information that you're looking for, srf2. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Cadillac Escalade ESV with 12,000 miles per year are 6.15% and 58%, respectively. the numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are 6.15% and 50%. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $850 lease cash that General Motors is currently providing on it into account. In addition to this lease cash, GM is providing a $1,000 owner loyalty incentive on leases of this car to current owners and lessees of GM products.

Car_man
    Host
  • 954brian954brian Posts: 3
    Hi...I'm looking to lease an 08 escalade. I went to a few dealerships and the cheapest I found is $783 a month plus tax (ends up at $829 tax included in fla) for a 39 month lease with 15k miles with $2000 out of pocket. Its a white on black sport package with navi. Is this a good deal?
    Hi srf2. The lease rate that you were quoted on the Escalade that you're interested in looks great to me. It's right in line with GMAC's current base rate for a 39 month lease of a 2008 Cadillac Escalade. You never mentioned the selling price of the truck that you are interested in leasing though. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of the vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I am sure that someone here will gladly give you their opinion of this deal if you let us know what the selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings 954brian. It is difficult for me to say whether the payment that you were quoted is a good deal without knowing at least what this truck's full MSRP is and preferably what its MSRP and selling price are. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing what this vehicle's selling price is in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I'm sure that someone here will gladly give you their opinion of this deal if you let us now what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car Man,
    I am currently looking at two SUV's, here is the other one that I'd like info on please. Thank you!
    Can you please give me the Monthly payment before tax and the total up front that I should expect on the following car?
    Zip Code: 33156
    SUV: 2008 Escalade with Ultra Lux Collection
    MSRP: 56,890
    Offer Price: What should I expect to get the car for.
    Lease: 36 months
    Miles: 15,000
    What should the lease payment be and how much up front should I be paying based on what you think I should negotiate the price down to?

Also, do 18,000 miles per year leases exist? How much would that increase the monthly payment by? Thank you!!
  • Hi Car_man. GM announced $2,000 customer cash and another $2,000 for GM trade-in. Do they apply to leases? thanks
  • psywzrdpsywzrd Posts: 30
    Does anyone know the current money factor and residual on a 2008 Escalade AWD(not the ESV or EXT) for both a 24 month and 36 month lease?
  • psywzrdpsywzrd Posts: 30
    I just came from my Cadillac dealer and got the following #'s and want to know what you guys think.

MSRP: 62475
    Cap Cost: 58,840 (GMS pricing)
    Cap Cost Reduction (GM loyalty discount): 1850
    Interest Rate: 7.15
    Sales Tax: 7%

I calculated the following prices for a 12,000 miles/year lease with no money down (just paying first payment, bank fees, motor vehicle fees, etc. up front - probably just under $2000):

36 months (59% residual): $885.71
    30 months (63% residual): $922.07
    24 months (68% residual): $946.76

The actual costs per month that they quoted me were $901, $939, and $966 respectively but those weren't right once I ran the #'s through my lease calculator, Even with the reduced figures I arrived at without using dealership math, the #'s seem high to me.

The only other option I considered is doing a 36 month lease with 10,000 miles/year. I didn't get all of the #'s for that but was quoted a rate of $868/month for that option (I'd have to get the #'s and run them through my lease calculator to see if that's right).

What do you guys think of this? Should I try beating them up to get pricing even lower than GMS or is that about as low as I'm going to realistically get?
  • 954brian954brian Posts: 3
    Hi...I've been negotiating an escalade lease for a few weeks and have gotten it down to $775 a month plus tax, 39 months 15k miles with 2k out of pocket at signing. Tax where i am is 6% so my total is $821.50. Is your price including tax or plus tax? Also, check out a 39 month option. Cadi has been offering a strong program on 39 months since the beginning of the year.

hope this helps
    Hi robihris99. unfortunately, the $2,000 customer cash that General Motors is currently providing on the 2008 Cadillac Escalade is not compatible with its special lease program. GM is currently providing a cash incentive of $850 on leases of this truck plus an additional $1,000 owner loyalty / conquest cash that is available to just about everyone ($1,850 total).

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, psywzrd. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Cadillac Escalade AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 6.15% and 66%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 6.15% and 56%. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $850 lease cash and $1,000 owner loyalty / conquest cash ($1,850 total) that are currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease, 954brian. Make sure to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to tell everyone about your recent dealer experience as well.

Car_man
    Host
  • moolie26moolie26 Posts: 1
    Hi -

I'm not sure if this the proper place to post this. I am considering a lease on an 2007 Escalade, with an MSRP of $62.5K. This is a lease transfer on a 39 month lease. There are 29 mos remaining on this lease. The car has 4800 miles on it, and is in new condition.

The lady had put a considerable down payment on the lease and has now decided that the Escalade is not for her. Her payments are $628/mo (inclusive of tax), with 10K mi/year. With 29 months remaining on this lease, the average miles per month for the remainder of the lease term will be 1000/mo.

This seems to be a very good deal to get into an Escalade with the only upfront costs to me being $595 lease transfer fee. Would it be worthwhile to look at new lease options as well, or am i looking at a pretty good deal here.

Are there other things i need to consider or should think about in terms of end of lease costs.

Thanks in advance for any help.
  • Why do people pay (at least the depreciation)on a $60,000 -- 70,000 vehicle that is a Chevy truck that GM builds for about $18,000?
  • gforce11gforce11 Posts: 225
    For the same reason they drive an SUV with gas prices nearing $5 per gallon.
  • burbankburbank Posts: 2
    I just came from my Cadillac dealer and got the following #'s and want to know what you guys think.

I would like your opinion of the Cadillac Escalade lease deal I was just offered. Please let me know if this is a good deal please, or should I try to get it down a little. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

2008 Escalade AWD with AWD Entertainment Collection- LOADED with DVD
    MSRP: 68420
    Gross Cap Cost: 62191
    Adjusted Cap Cost Reduction 58591
    This is a SIGN AND DRIVE NOTHING OUT OF POCKET

I am being offered a SIGN and DRIVE deal for 39 months at 12,000 miles/year lease with the dealer even paying the first month. The terms would leave me with 38 months left at $717 plus tax for a total of $760/month. I do not know the MF, but should I pull the trigger or is there more room to deal. Please let me know.

Thanks
  • growegrowe Posts: 1
    I am nearing the end of my lease with GMAC of a 2007 Cadillac Escalade. Will they negotiate or provide incentives for me to purchase the vehicle since the residual is higher than market value?