Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac Escalade Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hey monkeyshift. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • I started working with a company that gets a gm discount. It is basically the supplier discount GM offers. I was wondering if this applied to a lease and if it does is is it a discount from GM or from the dealer. Can I still ask for 500 below invoice and then apply the discount like a gm incentive?

Thanks
  • meant 500 above invoice
  • Congratulations on your new job, cable311.

GM's supplier purchase program can be used on leased vehicles. It isn't some sort of cash incentive that can be tacked onto an already negotiated deal though. The program entitles consumers who are eligible for it to a low no-haggle selling price. It is calculated based upon GM's employee purchase price plus a couple of percent (4% I believe).

Savvy consumers who are in an area that has a decent level of competition are usually able to come close to matching GM's supplier pricing on their own, so unfortunately the program isn't really that great other than it saves one from having to shop around and negotiate.

Car_man
    Host
  • warbernwarbern Posts: 33
    edited December 2010
    Does anyone know the current lease numbers for a 2011 Escalade Base and Luxury? I believe the current offer is 39 months with 32.5K miles. Thanks!
  • Hi warbern. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Cadillac Escalade Base 4WD with 10,000 miles per year are 2.0% and 47%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 Escalade Luxury 4WD are 2.0% and 46%.

The lease rates for 39 month leases of these trucks are the same, but the residual values would be 2% higher.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the whopping $6,750 cash incentive that GM is currently providing on leases of it through Ally into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_man is this a good deal...?

2011 Escalade AWD Luxury with M.S.R.P of $72,775 and selling price of $66,650. Going through US Bank with $5,550 cash incentives and $3,000 loyalty GM Cash. Has a 44% residual and .00020 money factor. Gave the dealer $2,544.42 including new plates for NY and got a monthly lease payment of $752.04 for 39 months and 12,000 miles per year.

Do you think I could have done any better??
  • abp2abp2 Posts: 3
    What is the best lease rate on a 2011 Escalade Luxury or Premium with no money down and 12,000 miles per year? Thanks.
  • Hi benz2779. The dealer invoice price of the truck that you are interested in should currently be around $68,106. If you are getting this truck for $66,500 and the dealer is then subtracting the cash incentives from that you are getting one heck of a deal. If the selling price that you mentioned includes the incentives, then not so much.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi abp2. Ally's December base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Cadillac Escalade Luxury or Premium is 2.0%.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the massive $6,750 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • Dear Car Man,

My wife currently drives a 08 X5 4.8 pretty much fully loaded. It is a great car, in my opinion, it is one of the best SUV's ever made, especially in the 4.8i configuration. Anyhow, we have 2 year left on our lease and we need to get out of it, in the past few years, we have had 2 babies :) . The X5 is way too small for having 2 babies.

We checked out many cars like the Infiniti QX56 (neither of us liked the ride or the look of the new ones), Q7 (Great SUV but still too small), Navigator (nice but both of us like the Escalade a bit better), I like the new Odysseys a lot but my wife is SO opposed to minivans!

So, we both like the Escalade, is the Base version (non ESV) large enough for us? There is a lease promo on it for $599 plus tax plus $44xx down + license, tax, and other fees which I estimate total driveoff at $6k. This is for the "base" model which still comes real loaded. 39 month lease with about 830 miles per month which is ok with us.

When we lease, we rarely ever pay anything for driveoff, so when you calculate the whole $6k into the monthly payments, it comes out to about $154. $599 original monthly plus $154 = $753. $753 X 1.0975 for CA TAX = $826.42 for the monthly payment. So with $0.00 drive off, monthly payment is $826 including tax. Seems like a good deal compared to before when there was no lease special, but how much room is left to negotiate at the stealership? Can we get the monthly payment down at least $100 to maybe $726 at least?

Your answer will help me when it comes time to negotiate. Thank you Car Man!
  • cooper0098cooper0098 Posts: 3
    edited January 2011
    At the end of the year we leased a 2011 Escalade Hybrid.
    Sticker price was $74805
    39 month lease/15,000 miles
    $12,500 down with 38 payment of $600, 6% taxes included
    Dealer included premium wheels that are not standard with the Hybrid.

Also, purchased the Ally Smart Lease protect. Dealer claims that tires are covered under this plan.

Would appreciate your opinion or comments about our deal. Not to sure if we held our own during negotiations.

Thank you
  • Negotiated a deal to close on Monday with following terms:
    2011 AWD Premium, 39 month lease, 10K miles per year, 44% residual, MSRP: $75,185
    $2000 down and $850 per month, includes 9% tax and $8 monthly use fee for Chicago
  • Hi newtobmw18. Unfortunately, is is probably going to be very expensive to get you out of your X5 lease several years before your scheduled end date. If I was in your situation, I personally would try to make the X5 work with the two babies. My kids are older now, but I used to drive them around in a Subaru Forester and it worked fine.

The Escalade would definitely work better than the X5 for you, but it is going to cost you an arm and a leg to lease one with two years left on your current lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • Dear Car Man,

I have exactly 11 months left on my X5. You are right, getting out of a lease is real expensive. However, when I acquired this X5, we were able to locate a "demo" model to lease and the monthly payments are about $200 below what the new one was. It is an 08' 4.8i with Tech, Premium, Sport, Preium Sound, packages that would usually lease for around $950 per month including tax. Mine is at $772 per month including tax .

So, knowing that I can get someone to take over the lease, fairly easily using swapalease, etc, you think it should be ok?

Thanks!
  • cooper0098cooper0098 Posts: 3
    edited January 2011
    Car Man:

We would appreciate your feedback on how we did on our deal

At the end of the year we leased a 2011 Escalade Hybrid.
    Sticker price was $74805
    39 month lease/15,000 miles
    $12,500 down with 38 payment of $600, 6% taxes included
    Dealer included premium wheels that are not standard with the Hybrid.
  • Thanks for the additional information, newtobmw18. If you can find someone who is willing to assume your lease without much cost on your end then you definitely should get something new if you are so inclined.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi cooper0098. Do you happen to know what this truck's selling price was? Knowing it would make it much easier for me to evaluate this deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car Man:
    The Selling price of the vehicle was $68777.27
    Dealership tacked on and addl $1339.79 for 1st mnth payment, registration fees and sales tax.
    Dealership then gave me the rebate of $6750.

So I believe the selling price with rebate would have equated to $62027.

Thanks for your opinion
  • sshabajsshabaj Posts: 10
    what dealer?
  • Thanks for the additional information, cooper0098. OK, so you leased a $74,805 Cadillac for $68,777 and then has the available cash incentive subtracted from that. The $6,000 dealer discount that you were given probably puts you at, or even below dealer invoice...which is an excellent deal. It looks like you did great. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
  • srf2srf2 Posts: 6
    Hi Car Man - quick question. I can currently get $4K in cash incentives on a ESV in addition to the Supplier Discount price which is $73,215 making the price for the truck $69,215. I would have to end the lease on my current truck about 4 months early. Should I wait until May or June for better incentives or is this a great deal now?

Also, what is the residual value now on a 2011 ESV?

Thank you very much for your help.
  • Good question, srf2. I personally wouldn't waste four months on my current lease to get into a new Escalade right now. Of course, you're rolling the dice somewhat by waiting because it's difficult to say exactly what GM's incentives will be like on this model in several months, but I personally think that it's a safe bet that you'll come out better financially by waiting.

Ally's residual values for the 2011 Cadillac Escalade ESV vary by term and mileage allowance. Its current 36-month, 15,000 mile per year residual value for the AWD version of this truck is 48%.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you CarMan. I think I'll wait as well.
  • You're very welcome srf2.

Car_man
    Host
    edited February 2011
    Hi Carman: Could you please let me know if I'm getting everything I'm entitled to with the following lease deal and if it's a fair deal. I'm going to lease a 2011 ESV Luxury w/ RSE and the sticker price is $77,325. I have a Supplier Discount and the $1K Owner Loyalty cash in addition to the other cash now being offered.

The salesman told me he is giving me the Supplier Discount price (about $73K) and then a $5,800 cash rebate bringing the final price to $68K. I'm doing a 39 month/12K mile per year lease and paying the taxes up front. My payment for the lease is $890 without tax.

Do these numbers sound correct? Is it a good deal? Any guidance you could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Also, what is the resdual value on the 39 Month/12K miles per year lease through Ally? I think you mentioned before that it was 48% - the salesman is only giving me 45%. The 48% is better - right? Which should it be right now on an ESV? Thanks again.

Steven
  • kacatkacat Posts: 1
    We are at end of our 2008 Pre Paid Escalade lease - will have 40k in miles. The purchase price for 39k. Looking up on KBB and local listings it looks like it will sell for 39 to 42k? We really don't want to /can't afford to buy at 39k...is there any way to 'Re Lease' or extend a lease for several years? Any thoughts or ideas?

Thank you for your help.
  • Hi Steven. If you are getting this truck at the supplier discount price minus any available cash incentives then you are getting a good deal.

Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Escalade ESV AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 2.0% and 48%, respectively. The higher the residual value, the better.

Car_man
    Host
  • prd928prd928 Posts: 4
    edited February 2011
    Hi car man,

Can you please tell me the current lease rates and residuals for a 2011 escalade AWD luxury and premium models for 39 months 12k miles in NYC and incentives available?

Thank you..
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi prd928. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Cadillac Escalade Luxury AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.33% and 45%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $3,650 cash incentive for leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host