Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac Escalade Lease Questions

Comments

• I want to lease 2010 ESV for 36 months 15,000/18000 miles. What is lease rate. I am getting quote of 1200 for regular one not ESV.
  • You're very welcome, kb2010.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hello bigcat007. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Cadillac Escalade ESV AWD with 15,000 miles per year are an awesome 0.50% and an atrocious 38%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $4,400 cash incentive that General Motors is currently providing on leases of it through GMAC into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • neenneen Posts: 7
    Car man-a question about the $4,440 cash incentive being offered. I am looking at a 2010 escalade luxury with a cap cost of 67,500. Dealer said he is $15 over invoice, do I still have $4400 wiggle room?
  • Car man,

I am looking for a 2010 Escalade ESV with Bench seats...if Dealer is $15 or $25 over Invoice..where does that put the Cap Cost & Monthly Lease asuuming we put $10K ? I am being told it will be a $1040 /mo Lease (72 mos) for a Luxury Edition White....does not sound right ..what do you think ?
  • Car man,

I almost leased an 2010 Escalade yesterday , but walked out when the buy out on the lease was the residual + $2,500 the dealer said it was GMAC fee and they had nothing to do with it and could not get it changed . I have spoke with several other dealers in regards to this half say it is a BS fee the dealer hopes to get a kickback on if I buy it at lease end , other dealers say it is legit fee GMAC is charging . Can you shed any light on this I called GMAC and they said it should just be the residual but that is someone from India :surprise:
  • Has GM pulled the plug on the Escalade cash? If so, are the lease rates remaining the same? Thanks.
  • My 07 lease is ending and was wondering if GMAC will extend my lease or re lease my current escalade for another year. If anyone has any info it would be very helpful.
  • Pretty sure thru 3/1 Escalade has 2500 cash on the 2010
  • Hi neen. That's between you and the dealer. If you are able to get this truck for $15 over invoice minus any available cash incentives, i.e. the $4,400 lease cash...then you are getting an excellent deal on this truck.

On the other hand, if the dealer is attempting to pocket the $4,400 then $15 over is a terrible deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi kb2010. The MSRP and dealer invoice price for this truck are available over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com. Let me know what these numbers are for the truck that you want, exactly as you want it equipped, and I'd be happy to work up a sample payment on it for you using GMAC's current lease program.

I see that you are considering making a $10,000 down payment on this truck and leasing it for 72 months. Both of these things are bad ideas.

Let's address the down payment first. I always advise consumers not to make large capitalized cost reductions on leased vehicles. Those who make them risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be higher, it is much safer to go with a zero down lease.

As far as the term goes, you would be much better off with a shorter lease. General Motors is only providing lease support on this model for up to 48 months. If you lease for any longer than that, you will have to do so through an independent bank and miss out on the special 0.5% lease rate that GMAC is providing on 36-month and 1.45% on 48-month leases.

Also, It is very expensive to get out of leases early and six years is a long time to lock yourself into one vehicle. A lot can happen between now and then. Your commute could change causing you to go way over or way under your mileage allowance, gas prices could shoot up to $8 per gallon causing you much pain at the pump, you could just get plain sick of your truck, etc...

Another problem with leasing for a long time is that your warranty will expire well before the end of your lease. This means that you will have to pay money out of your own pocket to repair any issues with your truck before returning it at lease-end or risk having to pay a penalty for excess wear and tear.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi stoobie. A $2,500 lease-end purchase fee is nuts. There's absolutely no way that General Motors mandates that its dealer charge such a fee. Dealers may be allowed to charge something to earn a profit from facilitating the purchase of a leased vehicle at the end of its term, but a fee of over two grand is really trying to gouge you. You're free to go to any dealer that you want, have you tried going to a different one.

Try calling GMAC back and asking for a manager or supervisor. You may get better results by doing so.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi broham1. General Motors is still providing cash incentives on the Escalade.

In February there is $2,500 dealer cash on purchases or $4,400 cash on GMAC leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • neenneen Posts: 7
    Car Man, I think I am a little confused still. If the invoice price is around what I was quoted, is the dealer keeping the $4400 or does one normailly subtract cash incentives from the MSRP?
  • jim53jim53 Posts: 109
    Car Man,

is the 4,400 lease cash for current GMAC lease customers or for anyone? If the latter, is there any additional cash or incentives for customers coming off a GMAC lease? Also, what is the current residual and MF for a 36 or 39 month, 12K mile per year lease?

Is it realistic in the current market to get close to invoice pricing minus the dealer incentive? Looks like inventory in my area at least is pretty low - not sure if demand is also low enough to get aggressive pricing.

Thanks.
  • jim53jim53 Posts: 109
    Also Car Man, I couldn't find a similar discussion regarding GMC Yukon Denali lease questions. Does GMAC currently provide leases on these cars? I am coming off of a lease on one currently and am also looking for incentives, MF and residual on one of those at 36 or 39 months and 12K miles per year.

Thanks.
  • Hi neen. The $4,400 is being paid by General Motors, so it really doesn't have anything to do with the dealer. If I was in the market for this truck, I would negotiate the lowest possible selling price that I could, stipulating that I wanted any available cash incentives subtracted from that. In my opinion, $500 to $1,000 over invoice minus the $4,400 would be a very good deal on a leased Escalade right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey jim53. The $4,400 cash incentive for leases of the 2010 Escalade through GMAC is for all customers, whether they currently have a GM vehicle or not.

On top of the $4,400, Cadillac has an additional $1,000 incentive for customers who are currently leasing a vehicle, GM or any other brand.

GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Cadillac Escalade with 12,000 miles per year are an attractive 0.5% and an extremely unattractive 39%, respectively.

As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400

I am not intimately familiar with what the market, and in turn transaction prices, are like for the Escalade right now. If I was in the market for one, I'd shoot for $500 to $1,000 over invoice minus the cash incentives and see what happens.

Car_man
    Host
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    edited February 2010
    Hey jim53. Any questions about leasing a Yukon, Denali or not, should probably go here: "GMC Yukon Lease Questions".

You probably don't need to head over there though because General Motors is not currently providing lease support on the Yukon Denali. You might be able to lease one through an independent bank, but chances are that if you really want one you'd be better off paying cash for it, financing it through an independent bank and taking advantage of the cash incentives that are available on it, or financing it through GMAC at 2.9% for 5 years.

Car_man
    Host
  • I see on these posts that GM was offering $4000.00 incentive but it looks like that ended. I am currently in a GM Silverado lease ending June 16th and was looking to get into a new lease on an escalade now. GM is now offering to pay last 4 months of my lease but are not offering the $4000.00 cash incentive now. What should i reasonably be looking to pay on an escalade lease with no down payment, just the tax, tag, title. I dont like giving down payments on leases! Your help is greatly appreciated.