Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac SRX Lease Questions

Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Cadillac SRX. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• I am in the market for a new SUV/Wagon.

I am hoping to get the sept residuals and money factors of 2005 SRX's 3 years 15K a year

Thanks KA
  • Here is the information that you are looking for someguy1. If you were to lease a 2006 Cadillac SRX V6 through GMAC right now for 3 years with 15,000 miles per, its base lease rate and residual value should be 3.95% and 52%, respectively. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
  • Carman just got offered the following for a Cadillac SRX lease.
    36 months, 12k per year, $0 down = $632.64 plus sales & excise for a total of $719.49.
    MSRP = $44,300 selling price at invoice of $40,500.

Same deal at 48 months = $570.31 plus sales & excise for a total of $648.75.

Numbers seem a little high to me. I was wondering if you could tell me what you think.
  • Did not get a reply to post below. I am hoping you can comment on the deal below or tell me the current money factor and residuals for an SRX with 36 mths and 15k miles per year. Thannks in advance for your assistance.

Carman just got offered the following for a Cadillac SRX lease.
    36 months, 12k per year, $0 down = $632.64 plus sales & excise for a total of $719.49.
    MSRP = $44,300 selling price at invoice of $40,500.

Same deal at 48 months = $570.31 plus sales & excise for a total of $648.75.

Numbers seem a little high to me. I was wondering if you could tell me what you think.
  • Hi joegolfer1. When negotiating your Cadillac SRX lease, keep in mind that GM is currently providing $750 lease cash on it. As a result, the dealer that you are working with is making $750 on a lease of one at dealer invoice. This isn't a bad price, but I thought that you needed to know about the cash so you didn't think that this was a thinner deal than it really is.

I'd be happy to work up a lease payment on this truck for you using GMAC's current lease program. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Cadillac SRX V6 with an MSRP of $44,300 and a selling price of $40,500 through GMAC right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $555. As you can see, something is off with the payment that you were quoted. You definitely need to find out why the payment that you were given is so much higher, or to shop around.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey joegolfer1. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month, 15,000 mile per year lease of a 2006 Cadillac SRX V6 are 3.95% and 52%, respectively. As you can see, GMAC used lease rates instead of money factors to calculate vehicles' lease payments. You can convert its lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. If you were to lease this truck with only 12,000 miles per year, its residual value would be 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • mgromgro Posts: 2
    Hello, I was looking to lease a V6 2006 SRX MSRP of $41285. Does anyone know what the current lease rate, residual would be for a 12/15K mile lease for 39 months. Also, is the $2300 lease cash still available and able to be used in addition to the lease/residual. Thanks in advance, Mike
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hello Mike. If you were to lease a 2006 Cadillac SRX V6 through GMAC right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 3.95% and 52%, respectively. The lease rate for an otherwise identical lease with 12,000 miles per year would be the same, but the residual value would increase to 55%. GM is still providing $2,250 lease cash on this vehicle. This cash will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
  • rbirns1rbirns1 Posts: 204
    Is this offer valid for the V8? What are money and residual factors for 10K per year? When does that GM lease cash expire? Is that applied after negotiating price? In other words, if I negotiate a price at invoice, will the lease deal reflect an additional $2250 off?
  • sheepdog1sheepdog1 Posts: 26
    Hi Car man, Still haven't leased anything yet but close. There are ads in Miami for a base SRX at $189 mo for 24 months with $3184 down plus TTL, 10K yearly. Seems great. What is the money factor? Thanks.
  • sheepdog1sheepdog1 Posts: 26
    Hi Car Man, Found out that the lease rate is 3.95 and the residual at 66% for 24 mo lease with 10K yearly but apparently I didn't receive the conquest rebate coupon that was target marketed via email. Any info. on that? And what do you think of this deal? Thanks.
    Hey rbirns1. Yes, GM is providing lease support on the V8 model as well. If you were to lease a 2006 Cadillac SRX V8 through GMAC right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 3.95% and 56%, respectively. I don't recall seeing a 10,000 mile per year lease through GMAC. I don't know if it offers leases with such a low mileage allowance. GM's lease cash, $2,250, is currently scheduled to run through July 5th, but I highly doubt that it will just disappear after that date. Don't forget that for the month of June, GM introduced an additional $1,000 bonus cash on this model. When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, stipulate that you want to have any available cash incentives subtracted from it. If you can get the dealer all the way down to dealer invoice before the subtraction of the incentives, which might be hard to do, then your ultimate selling price would be $3,250 below.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey sheepdog1. If you were to lease a 2006 Cadillac SRX V6 through GMAC right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 3.95% and 63%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi again sheepdog1. The lease rate and residual value that you were quoted for the SRX that you are considering look good to me. If you are taking advantage of the lease cash and bonus cash and are getting a good price on this vehicle, go for it.

Car_man
    Host
  • dsharkeydsharkey Posts: 4
    Hi Car Man:
    Just noticed a GM sponsored ad in the Chicago Tribune for a New 2006 SRX 2 WD for $249/mo,10K miles per year. Total due at signing is $3,244 which includes first month payment. Purchase price is $34,194 including all fees. Residual value is $24,470. Also says prices offered include ALL GM Factory incentives. What is your opinion of this deal?

Thanks,
    Don
  • sswallysswally Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man

Im interested in leasing a 2006 SRX...ad saids ...$289.00 month, for 39 months. $3450 total due at inception, 10,000 miles plus first payment, tax and tag. How does this sound? How much room do I have to negotiate? I also want to increase miles to 15,000, how much should I pay to have that added.

Thank you
    SW ---
    Hi Don. Does the ad mention this vehicle's full MSRP? If it does, let me know and I will tell you what I think. The amount that is due at lease signing is a little on the high side, but you can have the dealer eliminate any capitalized cost reduction in exchange for a slightly higher monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hello SW. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the SRX that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Increasing this truck's mileage allowance from 10,000 miles per year to 15,000 miles per year will lower its residual value causing its monthly payment to increase.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • nortsr1nortsr1 Posts: 1,060
    Host:
    MSRP 41,780.00, down payment of $1,267.00. their price will be $39,941.00 (we know there is a $2000.00 rebate but it going to be nullified by a dealer installed 2000.00 Nav. system). Both prices include the dest. charge. They are quoting her $596.08 for 39 months. they say the residual is 54% and the interestis 4.45%.
    Will you please let us know if this sounds right to you???
    I tried figuring it out and got lost in the shuffle.
    Please help,
    Nortsr1
  • nortsr1nortsr1 Posts: 1,060
    I just went to the regional GM site and notice that they are offering 0% in lieu if the 2000.00 rebate.(for the 2006 models) Would it not be less expensive to take the lease at 0%...please reconfigure if the 0% can be used to lease.
    Thanks
    NORTSR!
This discussion has been closed.