Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier Cadillac SRX Lease Questions

Comments

• acepitcheracepitcher Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2011
    Hi Car Man,

I was wondering if you could provide the March residual value for the FWD Luxury style with 12,000 miles per year for 36 months. I also had a question about MFs. There is no MF being charged on my Honda Oddyssey, and I would like to know some reasons why that could be.

Thanks
  • cardeeprcardeepr Member Posts: 1
    What should I pay for a 2011 LUX AWD SRX lease.
    5000 down
    39 months
    12k/per yr
    7% sales tax
  • edhillhipperedhillhipper Member Posts: 2
    hi all-

im planning on leasing an srx in the next week or two. Im going to put a down payment of $2000 drive-off and only need 10,000 miles.
    what do you think would be a good payment? i will Not be keeping the car after the lease...
  • dea8885dea8885 Member Posts: 2
    This is my first time leasing, so I am new to it. We leased our SRX on the 12th of March. The first payment that we will need to send in is due on the 12th of April. I have not received anything in the mail from Ally. When I tried to create an account on their website, I am given an error message. I do not not have the account number (as I have not received any paperwork from them), but I tried creating an account using the option of the VIN. I am going to calle the dealership tomorrow and ask them and possibly call ally also. Has anyone else had this happen? In the past, when I have purchased vehicles, they have sent a payment booklet in the mail. Also, I have read on other websites that it is better to pay your lease through Ally online, because if you mail it in they mark it late a lot without reason. I am not sure how true this is, but if anyone has experience, I would appreciate the help. Thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi acepitcher. Allt's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Cadillac SRX Luxury FWD with 12,000 miles per year are 1.85% and 52%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this vehicle, make sure to take the $650 and payment waiver that are currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • edhillhipperedhillhipper Member Posts: 2
    is there somewhere that the $650 and payment waiver are listed online?

i am going in tomorrow and the current deal on the table is:
    $39130 purchase price for luxury w/ nav
    $2000 drive off
    and $509 including tax

still feels a bit high.

the lease factor is .00062 and a 58% risidual.
    any advise out there?

thx,
    hillhopper
  • frank_white_85frank_white_85 Member Posts: 2
    Hello all! New to the Edmunds forum so thank you ahead of time for any and all replies and/or comments.

I've always purchased used vehicles and drove them into the dirt... Had a '90 5.0 GT that I put 200K on between 1995 and 2001. Then had a '95 Impala SS that I put 235K on from 2001 till now... Moved closer to my job so won't be driving as much anymore and looking at leasing a new 2011 SRX Premium AWD... Here's the target SRX - http://www.heritagecadillacbelair.com/new-cars/2011-cadillac-srx-v572637.aspx . Sticker is $51,800. Internet price is $46,900.

Some background on me - I'm a DoD employee and USAA customer. Believe there are deals through both but have to do more homework on that.

Would really appreciate it if someone could break down how I should approach the sales table with this particular vehicle? I've done all my research online - haven't been to the dealership yet. Is the internet price acceptable? What should I anticipate $$$ putting down? What would the RV be on this for 36/39 month lease. Prob due 12-15K a year.

To simplify, a line by line breakdown of what the final sales sheet amounts, payments, and terms of sale should look like would be awesome...

Again, thanks so much and look forward to the responses-
  • larry4369larry4369 Member Posts: 1
    Am in the market for a new leased vehicle. Will be putting 4100 down. Have a current offer on a 2011 SRX AWD Luxury collection. 36 months 12k/y. After down payment and 2150 in rebates. Am quoted a figure of 439/month. A second dealer had me at 489/month and said the other guy is making a mistake somewhere? Is this a good deal? According to Consumer Reports MSRP 42230 with Invoice 40783 less dealer holdback 38714. Seems good but wanted to see what anyone else thought? Thanks. Larry
  • straightdopestraightdope Member Posts: 62
    Here's what we just paid for a new SRX Base model lease (closed in April)

Southern California Dealership
    CADILLAC SRX BASE 2011
    39 months
    12,000 MILES YEAR [.18cents/mile overage]
    MSRP: 35700
    SALES PRICE: 32000
    REBATES: $500
    MONEY FACTOR: 1.65 .00069
    RESIDUAL VALUE: 18,954 (53%), note-LEASE END FEE: $350
    Total Drive Off (Cash at Signing): $600
    MONTHLY: $397+ tax

I contacted from almost every Cadillac dealer in SoCal and this was by far the best deal on an SRX.
  • talkyfawntalkyfawn Member Posts: 2
    Sounds like a good deal.

Here was my deal for anyone still looking:

CADILLAC SRX 2011 Luxury w/ Nav Premuim Ice White paint
    39 months 12,000 miles per year
    MSRP: 43,980
    SALES PRICE: 41,150
    REBATES: $1500
    RESIDUAL VALUE: 24,680
    Total Drive Off (Cash at Signing): $3000
    MONTHLY: $427 taxes included

I have about 1000 miles so far and love this vehicle! I have not found it sluggish at all. Very comfortable and great features.
  • 40yearfan40yearfan Member Posts: 102
    Did that $3,000 include tax/title/license, etc. or was it just all capitalized cost reduction?
    2015 Buick Encore Leather Edition
    2014 Buick Enclave Premium Edition
  • wallstreet1234wallstreet1234 Member Posts: 41
    SRX Crossover FWD 4x2 4Dr 2011. I saw this add in the paper and I wanted to know if people think this is a good lease deal. I have never leased before and wanted to know what I should do if I take this lease, just go in and take it or can something be done to make the deal better. I will not be buying the car after. I would like to see if I like this oe and perhaps buy after a second lease.
    $3000 down + 299 1st month payment +695 bank fee +tax and tags due at signing.
    Total payments/purchase option 11,661/18,367
    total miles per year allowed 12,000
  • sdcdogsdcdog Member Posts: 1
    Hi Talkyfawn,

That sounds like a good deal.
    What city/dealership was this at?

Any cons about the car? How is the nav system? Have you used the Harddrive to watch any movies (while in park)?

Thanks!
    Simon
  • soup152soup152 Member Posts: 5
    Can anybody tell me the residual/mf/any rebates for July for 15,000/yr?

Thanks
    Hello soup152. Ally's June base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Cadillac SRX Luxury AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.66% and 47%, respectively.

General Motors is currently providing a $2,300 cash incentive on leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Are those June or July? I just left the dealer and they offered me. 45% residual, $2400 down for upfronts, $599 /mo for 36 mo. 1500 mi. Sound like a decent deal? By the way it is luxury w/ nav. I'm supposed to sign tomorrow but I'm questioning whether it's a good deal or not. Thanks
    I meant 39 months
  • talkyfawntalkyfawn Member Posts: 2
    Did you sign? That sounds high. Mine was luxury w/ nav, $3000 total out of pocket, 39 months, $427 per mth.
  • georgewvaughangeorgewvaughan Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    Hello i got offered a deal i want to know if it's a good deal please help.

3.0L V6 Performance Collection with nav 20 inch chrome wheels factory tv's in back seats

$46,000.00 plus tax tittle and licencse in texas

on a lease monthly payment $829.00 on a 36 month term 12000 miles $0 Down payment

what do you think
  • sobeitsobeit Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2011
    That seems like an awful deal to me. If you go use the Ally Lease Estimator for GM and price a 2011 AWD Performance SRX with a MSRP of over $47,000 for a 36 month you get to around $740 per month. Mind you thats before taking anything off the MSRP or adding in rebates and such.

http://auto.ally.com/payment-calculator/en/calculator.do

Plus, the dealers are desperate to get rid of 2011's right now as the new and improved 2012 SRX's are being delivered in 1-2 weeks. I would either try to get a much better deal or wait and get the new SRX with more a more powerful engine, suspension, among other improvements.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,187
    It's the one that has a base MSRP right around $42K

MF, residual for 12K/year and any lease incentives?

36 or 39 month, whichever program has the deals, right now...

Thanks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Hey kyfdx. Ally's August base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Cadillac SRX Base AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 1.66% and 49%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 1.66% and 47%.

GM is currently providing a $2,300 cash incentive on leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_man!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

HA. No problem kyfdx.

Car_man
    Host
  • linyr94linyr94 Member Posts: 19
    Anyone recently leased 2011 AWD Lux with Nav? I'd like to know how much discount you got.
    Thanks.
  • grizzle1grizzle1 Member Posts: 10
    Carman,

Was hoping you could help with the following: Looking for current money factor and residual on a 2012 SRX FWD Luxury lease for 36 (or 39 if it makes more sense today) for both 10,000 and 12,000 miles per year?

Also, are there still cash incentives on this vehicle?

Thanks.
  • kywonkywon Member Posts: 28
    Ditto what grizzle1 asked for. It seems like Cadillac is leasing through Ally bank so I don't know if Carman can help in this case.
    Car_man should have the Ally rates...

When I was at the dealer a week ago, USBank had better lease rates than Ally...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Do you recall what the MF and residual were for the SRX via USBank? Thanks!
    Hi grizzle1. Ally's October base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cadillac SRX Luxury FWD with 12,000 miles per year are 3.1% and 57%, respectively.

General Motors is currently providing a $1,325 cash incentive on leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Kywon, I believe that US Bank's base lease rate for the 2012 SRX is 4.08%.

Car_man
    Host
  • STOECKSTOECK Member Posts: 3
    Car_man.

Saw your post above. Question is do those rates apply to the base model as well for October or are there different rates and residuals depending on the model level?
  • STOECKSTOECK Member Posts: 3
    What is the current rate and residual for a 10,000 miles a year on a 36 and 39 month lease?
  • slofilslofil Member Posts: 2
    I'm negotiating a lease on a 2012 SRX Luxury. I Negotiated the price then ask for the Ally 3.1% lease mentioned here and on Cadillac Web Site.

The dealer came back with 4.1% lease, saying because I got a good price on the car, he can't give me the good lease rate too?

I didn't think the dealer controlled the lease rate? But it may have something to do with the $1325 incentive?? Any help. We were trying to do before end of Oct to take advantage of low lease interest rate, but ??why if we can't get the low rate?
  • futurescapefuturescape Member Posts: 10
    Hi,

I am about to lease the BASE srx 2012 (black ice color) and got the following deal. $2000 down, 39 months, 10k per year, $375 per month (including tax). I will be trading in my lexus rx330 (2005) with 74k miles on it and they are giving me $14,500 for it. I don't know what the lease rate or residual value will be but does it matter if I am NOT going to be buying this car in the end? It seems like a pretty good deal altogether. Are there other questions I should be asking i.e. cap cost, rebates, interest, which bank, etc ??

Please reply asap as I am planning on getting this lease over the tomorrow or the day after.

Thanks!
    Steve
  • slofilslofil Member Posts: 2
    Leasing is very complicated (the car dealers like that). First get the best price for car. (Cap Cost), then go from there. Value of lease is "no money down", just renting car. Any "down payment" or "trade in", just is pre-paying your rent. If you are trading in a car and making a down payment, you may be better off with purchase, as there are very low interest rate incentives now. ??1.9%.
    The money-factor (interest rate), term of lease, miles allowed, residual value all figure into how they do the leasing deal. There can be dealer incentives (money GM gives the dealer for selling a car, or leasing a car). The dealer can take the best interest rate available for the lease and give you a higher one, to increase profit. So it's very hard to tell if you have a good deal without lots of information. Lots of sources of information on the internet. I did lots of research, and still probably am paying too much!!
  • thumbs100thumbs100 Member Posts: 1
    lease quote/deal- is this a good deal???

39 months, 12k miles yr, 2012 SRX luxury model, FWD, $40k msrp,
    I pay the tax upfront, $419/mo.

In addition, they are paying off my nissan rogue lease payments, ~$1700
    Greetings STOECK. Ally's November base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cadillac SRX Luxury AWD with 10,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 55%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 1.0% and 53%.

General Motors is currently providing a $1,225 cash incentive plus the waiver of the first month's payment on 36-month leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi slofil. Dealers are often allowed to mark up banks' base lease rates on vehicles. It looks as though that is exactly what this dealer is doing here. Savvy consumers who shop around should be able to avoid this sort of money factor mark up. Don't worry about hurrying to get a good deal on this car, I suspect that General Motors is going to at least maintain or perhaps even enhance its support on most models through the end of the year.

Car_man
    Host
  • rutledge2rutledge2 Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone provide an opinion on this offer please:

SRX Luxury
    12,000 miles
    36 months
    $0 down - Sign and Drive
    $450 per month
    South Florida
    Just wanted to (finally) give an update. Ended up leasing a 2012 Red SRX Luxury with Nav and spare tire from a dealer in Southern California at the end of October. We had a certificate from Cadillac/GM for $2,000 off this car and the lease is through US Bank. Here are the details:

MSRP: 44,330
    Price: 39,541 + 695 acquisition fee
    Less: $1,325 incentive + $2,000 certificate thingy = -$3,325
    Net Cap Cost: 36,911
    Residual: 59%
    Interest rate: 4.05% or 0.00169 MF
    Payment before tax: $406

The Cap cost is interesting. It's $5,600 less than invoice with all the rebates. Even before rebates, the Gross Cap Cost is $3,000 less than invoice. This was for a car that they just got in the lot the day before so they're getting full hold back I assume.
  • cwa31871cwa31871 Member Posts: 7
    Carman.......

What are the numbers on the SRX performance and premium models for a 36 month lease and 15k miles?

My fear is that the best deals are on the luxury collection only.

Thanks Carl
  • jonkarnjonkarn Member Posts: 1
    Looking into Luxury Plus Nav, or Performance 15K/yr 39 mth

Lux-Got quoted $45500 plus $2000 Conquest rebate, $43500, plus taking care of my 3 remaining payments on my Infiniti EX35($470/mth, im sure they are adding this to the price of the car though)
    $2K down
    $539/mth

Performance
    $45200
    $584/mth

I would like the Performance Package, as I would like the 20in wheels and 5.1 10 spkr Bose, but I also need to be closer to $500, so I may settle for Lux with Nav

Doesnt seem like they are giving me much of a deal other than the 2K Conquest rebate. How do these numbers stack up considering MF and Residual? What are the residual and Money Factor for these models with 15K/yr?

Would like to put no more than 1K-1,5K down and be around $500/mth. What are my chances? I am going to a second dealership today to price shop.

I started asking the salesman more detailed questions about sticker price and rebates and MF and residual, but he got flustered, didnt have any details for me, and told me that the "lease guy" left for the day and will get back to me. The salesman wasnt very knowledgable about the car and pkg details, and i felt I knew more than he did. What is it with these salesmen not knowing everything about the cars they sell? They only have like 5 models, how hard it is?

By the way as an aside, I had just come from Jeep, looking at the GC Limited. It seems they are more desperate and were willing to try to come down in price to lease the car before the holiday.
  • cwa31871cwa31871 Member Posts: 7
    Just quoted today the following offer. This was one of three offers from local dealers in Sarasota and Tampa Florida. The other offer was over 700 a month and waiting on the third.

2012 SRX Performance
    Msrp 44900
    Selling 43500
    Minus 1225 rebate
    36 month 15k year
    Payment including tax is 672.95
    Due at signing is 1070 and GM waves first payment
    According to Internet Manager this is 52% residual and 2% money factor

Any thoughts? Doesn't seem all that great to me.
    Hi Carl. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cadillac SRX Performance AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 52%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Premium AWD model are 1.0% and 50%.

General Motors is currently providing a $1,225 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this truck through Ally. It is waiving the first month's payment as well.

Car_man
    Host
  • urojoeurojoe Member Posts: 4
    Just went to dealer and got this.

2012 srx luxury

Msrp: 42985
    Total cap cost after deductions: 37111
    Drive off: 696.88
    Monthly including tax: 450.10 ( LA 8.75%)

36 months. 12k year

Okay deal ?

If good, will go get the car this weekend.

Thank you
  • larwil324larwil324 Member Posts: 18
    Car Man;
    Could you please tell me what the current december money factor and residual (12K miles and 36 mths , would be for a 2012 SRX Luxury edition FWD (msrp $43,335) through 1. GM financial and 2. ALLY bank. Also what are the current rebates & incentives from GM and ALLY on this SUV.

Thank You
  • mctrees02mctrees02 Member Posts: 27
    Car Man,

What are you showing as the money factor and residual for a 2012 SRX Luxury FWD w/o Nav on a 10k/year lease?

A local dealer yesterday quoted me at 2.2% and 56% residual thru Ally. That rate is either a big spike from previous months or a dealer markup.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi mctrees02. Ally's January base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cadillac SRX Luxury FWD with 10,000 miles per year are 1.1% and 55%, respectively.

It looks like the dealer may be attempting to mark your rate up.

General Motors is currently providing a $475 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this truck through Ally. It is also waiving the first month's payment as well.

Car_man
    Host
  • tmasjrtmasjr Member Posts: 30
    Did you ever complete this deal? What if you only need 10,000 miles, how much less? What do you get with Luxury? Total down was only $696?
This discussion has been closed.