Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac SRX Lease Questions

Comments

• dpixdpix Posts: 7
    rbirns1

Im in NYC and looking to get into a SRX, would you recommend your dealer?

Thanx
    I am currently in the market for a new SRX, as you can see from my post above, and I am soliciting quotes from about 4 local dealers that have the car, color and options I'm looking for....... but I'm wondering why is it soooo hard to get numbers? I provide the VIN# I am interested in and yet I get replies of "come in and we can work out the numbers"

Do the calculators only work when you walk into the showroom? :confuse: or am i missing something?
  • They figure if they can get you into the showroom, they can wear you down and talk you into a deal that is great for them, but not so great for you. Any of the dealers here in Arizona, if you give them the VIN #, they will quote you a price or a lease figure. It might not be the greatest, but it gives you a point to work from and a chance to make an offer to see if they will accept it.

If they aren't quoting you a price, make a low ball offer to get the pricing started and see how they respond.
    I actually get a GM Supplier discount through my job which according to the site will take about $2k off of the MSRP. I provided the VIN# of the car on the lot in my emails to them and when I get responses that I need to come in so we I can find out if you want the base. luxury or premium package :confuse: its insulting. I gave you the VIN of the car that you have in stock, smh

Taking my business elsewhere
  • dpix,

I also got a supplier discount on a Performance model w 20" chromes. The MSRP was $42425, and my discounted price was $40, 500. I kept looking around and found a dealer in Chicago wanting my business, and his cost was $39, 600, plus any incentive that nay be going on at time of pickup. So keep looking around, and get what you want.

Good luck!
  • Went and looked at an SRX today.

2010 Luxury Pkg with Nav. $42k on the sticker.

Was quoted 52% residual and 3.6% (.0015) money factor.

This was on a 39 mo/12k lease. I was told residual was better on 39 mo and they don't offer 10k leases. Don't believe either.

I was offered $1000 Conquest rebate and the car at $500 over invice as my cap cost. I also had $1300 in GM earning.

In the end, the deal was $3200 at signing and $528/mo. I think I am going to wait another month or so and see if deals get better.
    I finally found a dealer honorable enough to give me a quote and I was happy with the numbers. I decided to lease and go for the lower monthly payments. The car is being prepared for pickup tomorrow for me.

This will be only my second car.... my first car was financed and totally paid off and I'm trading it in to the dealer.

I'm getting cold feet as far as the lease or more accurately I'm on the fence, i would love the lower payments of a lease but I also like the ownership of purchasing out right.

THE QUESTION, finally, is it too late to switch my deal from lease to purchase? I still have my car, haven't signed any of the plethora of leasing papers, i guess that will be tomorrow. Although, my insurance has transferred over but the registration has not to my knowledge

Please give your opinions also... I read a lot online about leasing vs buying but maybe real life stories may help. Why did you lease or buy your vehicle?

Thanks
  • The advantages of leasing are lower payments and being able to get a new car every 3 or 4 years (depending on the length of your lease). If you plan on always driving a fairly new vehicle and will have car payments all the time, you might as well lease. You don't have to worry about getting enough money for your trade-in and you can drive a more expensive car for less dollars than if you purchase it. You will also be driving a car that always has warranty on it.

If you plan on keeping a car for an extended period and want to eventually quit making car payments, you should buy.

I have been leasing vehicles for both my wife and myself for the last 30 years. I am planning on retiring shortly, so I purchased this last vehicle. I won't be putting the miles on it that I am now, so it won't be necessary to have a new vehicle as often.
  • tenzotenzo Posts: 24
    Chicago land. Looking for 2010 AWD luxury w/ Navi Black over black. $42K MSRP. Let me know who offer best deal in chicago. tenzo7700@yahoo.com Thanks.
  • Great deal.. I am being offered a .0018 (4.32% rate from, US Bank. My credit score is in the 800's and this is before running credit.

i'd take your deal in a hear beat.

in philadelphia area
  • Car Man:

I am looking at doing a 39 month lease on a 2010 luxury edition with nav. MSRP is $43,790. Few questions for you.

1. THey say no incentives for me. I am currently in an SRX lease. Is there a $600 rebate?

2. THey are quoting me .0018 money factor from us bank. This is 4.32%. Is this correct?

3. Residual is 52% with the lower 10k miles/yr. on a 39 month lease...

4. I got the supplier price of about $2k off from my company. Out the door is $4000 out pocket nad $600k/month. THis seems like a lot down and a lot per month.. thoughts??
  • tezzztezzz Posts: 15
    I have checked 2 different places. The most I could get was $1000 off MSRP for 2010 luxury pack. I have check what happed for the first generation of SRX. It was very hot for the first 6 months like this 2nd generation. Guess what?? After that people paid 7-8K off from MSRP. So I decide to wait for another 6-8 months. My 08 FX35 is still like brand new. Don’t need to hurry to pay over $100 more for 39 months. It is a HOT truck by the way.
  • ny joe,
    you have the best deal i've seen yet. i wouldve taken it and ran. the only thing is they will only let you redeem $1,000 in GM points at a time, so $300 of your earnings will not be credited to that price. figure your out of pocket to be $3,500 instead of $3,200. the best deal i could find was : 2010 awd, luxury with nav, and rear entertainment for 39 mo. , 12k, $ 599.00 mo. w/ 2k upfront. and believe me, i played every dealer against each other.your deal is sweet. who did you go to?
  • Car Man:

I have a buy price of $37,800 for a 2010 SRX with a MRSP of $40,230.
    What should my lease payments be for a 36 or 39 month lease for 12,000 or 15,000 miles per year. thanks
  • Hey bigliljen. You're actually lucky that your vehicle got pushed back into December, for some reason GMAC bumped up its residual values for the SRX by a couple of points this month.

Its current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Cadillac SRX FWD Performance with 12,000 miles per year are 3.55% and 50%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are 4.2% and 40%.

Yes, the $600 cash incentive on leases through GMAC really does exist.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi lars1281. General Motors is currently providing the $600 cash incentive that you mentioned on leases through GMAC. On top of that, I believe that you should be eligible for the $500 cash incentive that consumers who opt not to go with GM's 60-Day money back guarantee are entitled to.

GMAC's December base lease rate for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Cadillac SRX is 3.55%. That is equivalent to a money factor of around .00148. GMAC just raised its residual values for the 2010 SRX, but I can't tell you what the exact resid should be for the model that you're interested in without a detailed description of it.

I definitely would not pay $4,000 at lease signing on this truck if I was in your shoes. The less you can get away with paying at signing, the better. Consumers who plunk a lot of money down on leased vehicles are at risk of losing part or all of it if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. You can and should go with a zero down lease on this truck. Don't pay any cap cost reduction on it, just your first month's payment, security deposit, and acquisition fee.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi srx010. Let's crunch some numbers and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2010 Cadillac SRX Luxury AWD (you never mentioned the specific trim level that you're getting. Let me know if you're going with something else because it makes a difference) that has an MSRP of $40,230 and a selling price of $37,800 through GMAC right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $577.

The payment for a 36-month, 12,000 mile per year lease drops to around $556.

The payment for a 39-month, 15k lease would be around $559. The 39-month, 12k payment would be around $540.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks car_man for the numbers on the 2010 SRX.. I know you say never to put money down on a lease. But I have $2,000 in GM points. Should that come off the $37,800 or do I have to use the $2,000 as money down on the lease. How much does that take off the $559 - 39 mth 15K lease ? thanks
  • The first gen of SRX was not this HOT! I have a 6-8 week wait to order as we have sold out. Also, they dropped MSRP and mark up A LOT over previous version. My average mark up is only $2,000-$2500.
  • Thanks CAR MAN! I pick it up this Friday from the dealership, so I will post what my final numbers are like!!

bigliljen
This discussion has been closed.