Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac SRX Lease Questions

Comments

• nortsr1nortsr1 Posts: 1,060
    Since I didn't get any responses from my posts, I went ahead and called another Cadillac dealership, told them what the first dealer had offered on the lease. It ended up that I got my wife an SRX, loaded, MSRP of slightly over $44,000.00 for a price of approx. $38,000.00 and a payment of $519.00/month for 39 months. ($2000.00 down). That is $77.00 less per month for a more expensive SRX. When the first dealer called yesterday to see if we were going to sign the lease agreement....you can only guess as to what i told that crook. They will never again sell us another Caddy.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hey Nortsr1. Unfortunately, the 0% rate that GM is offering on the 2006 Cadillac SRX is only available on loans, not leases. GMAC's special lease rate for this vehicle is 3.95%. That's the bad news. The good news is that the $2,000 customer cash that is being offered on this truck is not available on leases, a special $3,250 lease cash incentive is.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Cadillac SRX V6 with an MSRP of $41,780 and a selling price of $39,941 through GMAC right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, per-tax monthly payment should be around $553. If you were to have the entire $3,250 lease cash subtracted from this vehicle's capitalized cost, it would drop the monthly payment for an otherwise identical lease to around $458.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • gs80gs80 Posts: 7
    I am looking at a 39 month, 12k/year lease on an SRX. MSRP is $47,360. Could you give me the money factor and residual? With all the dealer cash and incentives I had the price down to $40,500. Is this a good deal? I was quoted money rate of 4.45% and a residual of 54%. I am in Northern Virginia.

Thanks.
  • gs80gs80 Posts: 7
    Car Man,

Can you help?

I am looking at a 39 month, 12k/year lease on an SRX. MSRP is $47,360. Could you give me the money factor and residual? With all the dealer cash and incentives I had the price down to $40,500. Is this a good deal? I was quoted money rate of 4.45% and a residual of 54%. I am in Northern Virginia.

Thanks.
  • I'd be happy to help you out, gs80. GMAC uses lease rates instead of money factors to calculate lease payments. You can convert its lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2006 Cadillac SRX V6 with 12,000 miles per year are 3.95% and 54%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $3,250 lease cash that GM is providing on it into account. It will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • me21379me21379 Posts: 18
    CAR MAN. Can you help with 2007 numbers for a 07 SRX, 48 months, 12k per year. Looking for residual and APR (or money market number). Thanks
    Well I can answer my owm question. 07 SRX V6 48 months, 12k, 47%residual and 5.95% interest. The 07 are just showing up at Capitol Cadillac in Atlanta. Dealer/GM discount $2150. I guess that's about all you can expect for a brand new model.
  • Hi me21379. The numbers that you mentioned are actually a little off. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 48 month lease of a 2007 Cadillac SRX V6 with 12,000 miles per year are 4.95% and 47%, respectively. You're right that all Cadillac models have $2,145 bonus cash available on them right now. However, even though this is a 2007 model you still should be able to negotiate some additional dealer discount. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see if any other community members have purchased similar trucks lately: KarenS, "Cadillac SRX: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" #, 30 Oct 2003 6:26 am.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Thanx Car man. This brings up another question from me. When we see an incentive/cap reduction such as this $2150, is that from the manufacturer or the dealer or both. If only from the manufacturer than a deal such as this is really MSRP in terms of profit for the dealer.
  • Hi Car-man, I am new to the board but am very interested in the numbers also. Can you tell me the residual and APR for a 07 SRX, 36 month lease, with 12k and 15k a year? Is there any difference between V6 and V8? I assume that the residual is based on MSRP. So if I negotiate sales price down, the residual would still saty the same. Is that correct? Thanks a lot!
  • Hello
    In 2005, I leased a Cadillac CTS. I had never leased before and so far, I have not had any problems with the vehicle. But as I get closer to my 4yr lease end, I wondered if anybody could tell me what to expect? What do the dealers expect from you as a customer at lease end? How easy is it to purchase the vehicle you have been driving or how easy is it to lease another of the same vehicle in a different year. Any info, let me know. :D
  • Hi me21379. This incentive is completely paid for by General Motors. It has nothing to do with the dealer that you are working with and it doesn't cost them a dime. If you are only getting this car for $2,150 below MSRP then you are not receiving any sort of dealer discount at all and you are not getting a very good deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Welcome derrickh22. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Cadillac SRX V6 are 4.95% and 52%, respectively. This vehicle's residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 3% higher. The lease rate for the 2007 SRX V8 is the same, but its residual values would be 1% higher. You are correct, vehicles' residual values are based upon a percentage of their full MSRPs, including the destination charge and the MSRPs of any options that can be residualized. Any discount that you negotiate off of this truck's selling price would reduce the amount of interest that you have to pay, but have no impact upon its residual value. Make sure to take the $2,145 bonus cash that is currently available on all Cadillacs into account when negotiating this vehicle's selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi policelady. GMAC is very reasonable when evaluating the condition of vehicles at lease-end. Here is a link to GMAC's lease--end return kit: GMAC SmartLease Vehicle Return Kit. It should answer any questions that you have about the lease-end process. At the end of your lease you will have the option to purchase your leased vehicle from GMAC, to lease a new GM vehicle, or to lease a completely different vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Thank you so much for this information. I wanted to make sure I have a file on everything I will need to know when that time comes. I will click into the website you provided.
    Thanks again.
  • sasukesasuke Posts: 77
    What are some figures that people have paid lately on the SRX? Trying to get an idea.
  • b4zb4z Posts: 3,372
    399 mo for 39 months 10K miles.

*16 Example based on survey. Each dealer sets its own price. Your payments may vary. Payments are for a specially equipped 2007 SRX V6 with an MSRP of $40,210. 39 monthly payments total $15,561. Option to purchase at lease end for an amount to be determined at lease signing. GMAC must approve lease. Take delivery by 1/2/2007. Mileage charge of $.25 per mile over 10,000 miles per year. Lessee pays for maintenance, repair, and excess wear. If lease terminates early, lessee is liable for all unpaid monthly payments. Payments may be higher in some states. Not available with other offers.
  • You're very welcome, policelady. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Went to Coral Cadillac in Ft. Lauderdale, FL on Nov 26th to find out about leasing a 2007 SRX. I was told that the free navigation system or $2150credit was to end on November 30th. Then I saw from reading the website, that the program goes until Jan 2! First Lie!!
    Anyway, I don't need the nav or DVD or anything extra special, except for the the 3rd row and adjustible foot pedals. They told me I'd have to get the Utility package and Luxury package. I need 15k miles/year. With only inceptions down ($800),I was quoted $568/month plus tax for 39 months.
    How does that sound? I can't see where the $2150 credit was applied. I was hoping to get the payment closer to $500. Does anyone think this is possible? Sue
  • How good is the current $2150 discount? My current lease is up in Feb (2 more payments to go). Is this $2150, that is good until Jan 2, too good to pass up? Should I lease in December and just take a loss on my last payment of $400? Or should I wait until my lease end in Feb and see what GMAC is offering then? :confuse:
    Thanks, Susan
This discussion has been closed.