Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac SRX Lease Questions

Comments

• Carman,

Looking for the money factor/residual for a 2012 Lux v/ Nav AWD, 15k, 39 months lease. Gotten some initial offers from dealers that are all over the place. Also, any information on incentives this month?
  • Hi skylaw. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 SRX Lux AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.1% and 48%, respectively.

I believe that General Motors is currently providing a total of $1,475 in cash incentives on leases of this vehicle through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Here's what I've been quoted on this car: $409.27 per month based on the following Ally lease:

MSRP 40,725
    Lease end value factor 55%
    selling price 39377 (with dealer discount)
    Rebate amount: 4475 (3000 in my GM point/1000 owner loyalty/475 lease rebate)
    adjusted value: 35697
    lease APR: 1.6%
    Acquisition fee: $725
    total tax window: 1217
    Base monthly: 375

Includes gap insurance

First months payment forgiven/total due at signing $191 for title/tax/docs/plates

Any room for negotiations?
  • Denisj here ... supplemental question: should I put my 2003 Rendezvous into play as a trade-in? Kelly book trade-in value is around $5000
  • ericzoomericzoom Posts: 213
    edited February 2012
    Your deal sounds similar to the one I got on my 11' SRX. See post #430,439.

As far as the Rendezvous, i would try to sell that privately if possible, because you would definitely get a lot more for it than the dealer trade-in. I also leased an 02' Rendezvous CXL back then, and I thought that was a pretty comfortable and reliable truck. Also another cheap GM lease.
  • Thanks Eric:

$359 is where I want to be and I see you had a couple of 1k rebates I don't. At least I see that as the difference. You did very well. I could through some money on the table but I don't like plunking money down.

I am looking at getting gap insurance separately - my current insurance company offers it - which may save a few bucks.

Ally is forgiving the first month but this is only a 36 month/30k mile lease.

The dealer is pretending he is trying to meet my goal but spins around three times and then presents exactly the same monthly fee.

I am actively shopping around for the 39/39k lease that starts at $369 with $1999 down - figure my GM points would cover the down and leave another grand for sales price reduction which would get me further towards my goal.
    I thought all Cadillac leases include Gap insurance.

I just got a card in the mail from GM Mastercard stating that my earnings are being upped to $2000, and the $1000 owner loyalty bonus. Too bad I don't need it at this time.

At least your going for an 12' SRX with the better 3.6 engine, than the slightly
    anemic 3.0.
  • Salesman dismissed the lease offer from GM Financial because it did not include gap insurance.

As you said, your deal was similar to mine: I have $4475 rebate (GM 3000/Loyalty 1000/ Lease 475. You had two other 1000 rebates adding a net $1600 to the cost reduction which got you to the lower figure.

Congrats! I am still battling to get under $400 w tax/fees.
    edited February 2012
    Keep with it. We went to a bunch of places before we found the right deal.
    There was such a variation of lease prices offered from different dealers.
    Good luck.
  • Going with the $409 per month, zero money down, 36 month, 30k miles lease that I was first offered. Went to four other dealers. The two that would actually talk to me had other lease offers but I always wound up with the same monthly payment but that required money up front. No one would move off an initial sales price figure. I tested the figure the original dealer offered at Edmund's Tru Price estimator and it is right on the mark.

Sales people expressed frustration that the internet was providing consumes with so much ammunition. But, from my vantage point, as much as I learned from the research, there were elements of the deal that were simply not negotiable. I would say 'can you do this ... or is this something that could be changed?' and the answer was consistently "no." I thought I might be able to improve the parameters like mileage allowed but was told "Sure, as long as you pay more per month." And there was a reluctance to negotiate details via email. Chances for errors were there and they didn't want to make it too easy for me to compare deals. And some of my questions were simply ignored in emails so it was necessary to have face-to-face meetings to press points.

I am satisfied that it is a good deal and I like the car a lot.
    edited February 2012
    It looks like you did fine on your lease. The only reason my payment was lower than yours, was the extra $1600 rebate I received from GM or the dealer. That reflects the extra $50 on 39 months plus interest. You also have a 2012 SRX, where as the price increased slightly from my 11'.
    I also found that you do have to deal face to face with these people, rather than the internet. It seems to show more of a commitment in their eyes.
    I have to admit the dealer I used was pretty good, and they covered the 1st months payment, and 2 free tanks of gas.
    Enjoy your Caddy.
  • Thanks for your encouraging words.

Of course the dealer threw me one last curve as I was signing for the lease: a 'Smart Lease' insurance offer that would cover wear and tear including tires at the end of the lease. He had a sign on the wall but no brochure for me to look at and I had to decide then and there whether to add an addition $650 to the lease amount ($20 per month) to get the insurance. I said no as I didn't have details as to what the coverage would be.

I've done some searching online an other than some general information about the GM Smart Lease program aimed mainly at Dealers, I cannot find pro or con information or opinions.

Anyone here have a view? I am not sure if I can engage insurance now that would cover anything in a reasonable fashion. I also read that some Dealers, eager to get repeat lease business, will negotiate end of lease wear and tear charges if you lease from them again.
  • I'm negotiating on a 2012 SRX luxury and would like to know what the the proper percentage rate, residual percentage, and if any lease cash is available. I'm considering both a 36 and 39 month Ally lease with 12K miles per year. Thanks in advance.
  • gtpspeedgtpspeed Posts: 5
    edited February 2012
    Hello,

Looking for some numbers on a lease perferable through Ally.

MSRP: $48,160 (SRX Performance AWD w/ Nav and 20" Chrome)
    Term: 24 Months or 27 (if better pricing)
    Mileage: 12K or 15K (leaning with 12K)
    Down: 0
    Qualify for Loyality with current 2009 CTS and can get GMS pricing.

Numbers on this would be greatly appreciated.

Chris
  • tmasjrtmasjr Posts: 30
    Car_man;

Heres a deal on a 2012 LUX in Red, which I don't want, so they tacked on an additional $999, but I'll pick another color.

Through Ally, which I have a Buick lease, I am also a Cadillac owner, and am turning in a Lincoln lease, do you know of any deals other than current owner? Would Conquest, or current Ally lease have any benefit?

Here are the numbers they gave me;

MSRP $43,995
    36 Months $557.79
    36000 miles
    $1806 total drive off

This sounds very high!!!

I only need 10k miles/year, and wouldn't mind going to 39 months if Ally or any other lender is offering something special, but where should I be if the MSRP is $42,995?

Thanks for all your help.
  • Carman,

I am looking at an SRX FWD lease. The terms are 15k/year but I have not decided on term. Either 24 or 36 month depending on the what the residual is. What is the current residual & MF for a 2012 SRX FWD Performance AND Lux? Also, what are the current incentives? I was quoted as being eligible for a conquest rebate for my current lease, but I am curious whether or not there are others out there to be had. Any input is appreciated!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi slingerjam. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 SRX Luxury with 12,000 miles per year are 1.1% and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 1.1% and 49%.

General Motors is currently providing a $1,590 cash incentive on leases of this vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello Chris. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Cadillac SRX Performance AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 59%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher.

GM is providing a $2,250 cash incentive on 24-month leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tmasjr. You really need to find out what selling price the dealer is charging you for the SRX that you're interested in. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know what this number is and we'll tell you what we think.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi crw7096. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 SRX Performance AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 59%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 1.1% and 48%.

The lease rates for the Luxury AWD are the same, but the residual values would be 1% higher.

General Motors is currently providing a $2,250 cash incentive on 24-month and $1,590 on 36-month leases of the '12 SRX through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.