Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac SRX Lease Questions

Comments

• Good catch rbirns1. That was a typo...those actually were the numbers for the 2013 model. Sorry for the confusion.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • lars1281lars1281 Posts: 14
    edited November 2012
    Car Man:
    Stopped in to look at a 2013 SRX Luxury Model yesterday. Renting a Lexus and mentioned the Conquest Cash. Total discounts are $3900 per your notes.

Delaer quoting 57% residual and 4.55% interest through GMAC? It is a 39 mos. lease vs. 36 mos. Not sure why/how they could do this. Any ideas?
  • So I'm working with a dealer on a SRX, 2013, FWD Luxury package.

MSRP $43,555
    Negotiated $41,824
    3900 in rebates
    36 month 12K year
    residual 58%
    money factor .00112
    we are both in agreement on these numbers

He quoted me $487
    I told him I was coming up with $448 (6% sales tax included)

I asked him where the difference is, and he keeps dodging the question. He said it has to do with sales tax on the rebate. I said, ok thats 6% on 3900 is $235, over 36 months thats $7 or $8 a month, what is the rest?

He seems to be pretty insistent that the $487 is the best he can do, but i'm not seeing why my $448 is wrong.

Can anyone help me out here?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,666
    Acquisition fee?

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• no, its not acquisition fee.
    I received the following list from him:
    $740 Acquisition fee
    $190 doc fee
    $23 state fee
    We also agreed upon $1000 due at signing to cover these costs.

So I'm still off by the $30 a month.

I think its in how the rebates are applied. I'm using them as essentially a down payment in my math, I think I'm not getting the full amount from them.
  • Thought I'd follow up with the final deal I got:

As I said before, my dealer wouldn't come off the $487.
    I called another explained the situation, I didn't tell him $487 was the current offer I had, but did tell him I was looking for $455 a month with $1000 due at signing. He said he would get back to me.

About 2 hours later, the first dealer called me back and said he could do $451 a month, with the $1000 down. I got this via voicemail and email and decided i was going to give the dealer i contacted that morning a chance before i called back.

End of day i called the second dealer and said i still hadn't heard from him. He had my email wrong, apologized and sent me a quote of $454.

I emailed him back about 15 min later, thanked him for his help and told him i already had a lower offer on the table. He responded within a couple minutes asking what the offer was and if he could counter. I called him, told him I had an offer I liked and was going to take, but if he wanted to give me a best and final, i would take one last price. He asked how far off he was, I told him he was in a "moderate ballpark" he asked if he was on second base or third base, I said moderate ballpark was all i could tell him.

He called me back 5 min later with two deals:
    $422 a month, $1000 due at signing through US Bank. US bank has stricter credit requirements and has a disposition fee of $395 due at end of the lease.
    He could also do $445 $1000 due at signing through ally. Ally's credit reqs are slightly less than US Bank and no disposition fee.

Going today to hopefully take the $422 deal, and if not the $445

Just to recap info on the car I'm getting:
    2013 SRX FWD Luxury Package
    MSRP $43,555
    Negotiated $41,824
    3900 in rebates
    36 month 12K year
    residual 58%
    money factor .00112
    6% sales tax
    my math came to $448 a month with 1k at signing to cover acquisition, docs, etc.

Thanks to everyone on this board as I feel I got a good deal and hopefully this info helps someone else out to get a good or better deal than me!
  • mmd4mmd4 Posts: 1
    I am ready to buy a 2013 SRX Luxury. Just curious what you ended up paying. I am hoping to get a similar deal that you negotiated.
  • Can anyone help? I am looking for the current lease rate and residual for Ally on the 2013 SRX Luxury, 36M 10K lease! Thanks!
  • I ended up with the $445 per month, $1k due at signing, no disposition fee at end of lease.
  • Phillydilly-

I am close to buying the 2013 SRX Luxury. Where did you come up with the $3900 in incentives? I have $2000 for the luxury lease rebate, but I don't see anything else. Did you add nav or driver awareness?
  • I'm going to lease this model as soon as I get my income tax, and I'm trying to do as much research as I can before I go to the dealer. I recently found this site. I'd appreciate the help.
    I've been e-mailing a few dealers, and so far I got this offer:

S1999.00 Down
    548.00 plus tax a month
    39 Month Lease
    10k Miles Per Year
  • Hi like2lease07. Ally's December base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Cadillac SRX Luxury with 10,000 miles per year are 3.55% and 59%.

When negotiating your deal on this truck make sure to take advantage of the $1,900 cash incentive that General Motors is currently providing on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • I'm interested in a new Cadillac SRX - Luxury w/ Nav. here's the deal i'm working on...is it a good deal?

MSRP: 45300
    Negotiated: 43369
    Rebates: 5380
    Cash down: 1300
    36 month, 12K miles
    Residual: 58%
    MF: .00139583
    Tax: 7.75%

I'm debating between purchasing and leasing, but i don't get the rebates if i buy....it's cheaper to actually lease and then buy after 3 yrs. Thoughts? Is it a good deal to lease?
  • Sorry, rebates are ~4000, not 5380.
  • Where did you find $4000 is rebates?
  • $1900 Ally, $2K competitor lease, and there was another ally incentive which brought the rebates over 4K....
  • Car_man or any others that can give me guidance on my first lease:

Is this a good deal on black base model 2013 Cadillac SRX lease-

$38,107
    $0 out of pocket
    39 mos.
    15k miles yr.
    $562 or $615 incl. tax, monthly pymt.

Any help is appreciated!
  • billy3554billy3554 Posts: 147
    Actually, with respect to the value of a vehicle there is no difference in what a person will pay if the vehicle is bought or if the vehicle is leased and then bought from the manufacturer/bank at the end of the lease.

If a person pays $50,000 for a vehicle and buys it, the person will pay $50,000. If a person leases a $50,000 vehicle for three years with a residual value of $30,000, that person pays $20,000 over the life of the lease. If bought, the person would pay the other $30,000 at that time. Both total $50,000.

The value of a lease is over the life of the lease the person only pays for the depreciated amount which is usually less than the total amount paid during that time on a purchased vehicle.

However, the person leasing who later buys would likely pay more if the total period to lease exceeds the period used to purchase the vehicle which would result in more finance charges but not more for the actual vehicle cost.

As with a purchase, at the end of the lease, the leasee can buy the vehicle, sell the vehicle or trade the vehicle. And, a real advantage, the person can simply return the vehicle which they cannot do with a purchase.

Leasing is a great option for people who understand leasing.
  • Billy3554-

Is this a good deal on a lease for an SRX lux no nav:

12k miles
    $0 down
    36 mos.
    $650 incl tax
  • Hello, car_man:

Could you please offer the rate and residual for a 10K mile/36 month lease on an SRX Performance AWD? If it changes by trim level, I guess I'd also be interested in having the details for the Luxury and Premium.

Also, any incentives? I see there's a $1000 loyalty available in an email I just received today -- anything else?

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.