Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac SRX Lease Questions

Comments

• ericzoomericzoom Posts: 213
    From what i gather you didn't purchase the vehicle, it was leased.
    As far as gas mileage, i find the same thing on my SRX V6. That's also with the revised mileage figures, which are supposeibly more real world estimates.
  • miked22miked22 Posts: 20
    Sorry that's a lease. Can I get some V6 gas mileage numbers from other owners? Will this improve? I used to get about 25 with my Lexus RX highway. I hoped to get at least 20 with the Caddy. It is a larger vehicle. Right now I am getting about 17 highway and close to 10 city (ugg).
  • miked22,
    I got a similar deal ($620)
    Did you get the same options?(Check previous post)
  • I have an 06 SRX V6 and live in downtown Fort Lauderdale with urban driving, I average about 15-16 MPG city with A/C on. I have gotten high has 25 MPG highway driving close to 80! It is a great vehicle. Most highway driving I get in the low 20s.
  • Congratulations on getting your new SRX, ericzoom. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Don't forget to stop by the new Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • You're very welcome, harry1943.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi surviveone. A selling price of $2,000 under dealer invoice is an excellent deal on a lease of a 2008 Cadillac SRX. This is below dealer invoice, even after taking the $1,450 lease cash that GM is providing on this model into account. Just make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses GMAC's current base lease rate of 4.0% to calculate your monthly payment and you're all set.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you, Car man.
    My wife loves driving the SRX. It's like years ahead of my old 05' Buick Terraza.
    I will stop by that section, and post info. on my dealer.
  • chrism124chrism124 Posts: 133
    Can you provide me with the m.f. and residual for a 08 SRX V8 based on 12k miles per year. I would be looking at a 24, 36 & 39 month lease. It seems that the sweet spot for leasing a Cadillac is 39 months.

Thanks,
    NHman
  • The Edmunds forum lists $2500 in Mktg Support for the SRX . How do I know if my dealer has this support for the SRX? Doe this in essence give them $2500 more headspace below invoice? Just trying to get the correct starting price. Thanks in advance!!
  • You're very welcome, ericzoom. You're right, the SRX is a ton nicer than the Terraza. I'm glad that your wife likes it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here's the information that you're looking for, NHman. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Cadillac SRX V8 with 12,000 miles per year are 4.0% and 65%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 4.0% and 56%. The numbers for a 39 month lease are 4.0% and 55%. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. So, a lease rate of 4.0%, would be equivalent to a money factor of around .00167.

When negotiating your lease on the SRX that you are interested in, make sure to take advantage of the $1,450 cash incentive that General Motors is providing on leases of it through GMAC. This cash will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi polara60. I believe that General Motors is currently providing $2,500 dealer cash on the 2008 Cadillac SRX. This cash incentive is available to all dealers, regardless of what part of the country they are in. Unfortunately, I do not think that it is compatible with GMAC's special lease program. You can only get it on SRX models that you pay cash for, finance through GMAC, or finance through an independent bank.

Car_man
    Host
  • Dear Car Man:

Could you please provide me with the money factor and residual on an 08 SRX loaded based on 27 and 39 month leases? I have leased my Escalade ESV with a 15000 mileage allowance, but need about 17,500 miles per year. Why does cadillac do 27 and 39 month leases and BMW and mercedes do 24 and 36 month leases? Thank you for your consideration.

Aureachase
  • I'd be happy to help you out, aureachase. GMAC;s current base lease rate and residual value for a 27 month lease of a 2008 Cadillac SRX V8 with 15,000 miles per year are 4.0% and 62%, respectively. the numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 4.0% and 52%. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for vehicles. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. You can do 24 and 36 month leases of Cadillacs if you want. The residual values for 24 and 36 month leases are 1% lower.

15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that GMAC publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until the scheduled end of your lease and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

When negotiating your lease, make sure to take the $1,450 lease cash that General Motors is currently providing on this model into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • I just came from my dealer and here were the numbers I was quoted there for a 2008 SRX 39 month lease with 12,000 miles/year -- 4% lease rate, residual of 54% and lease cash of only $950. Please let me know if these are accurate numbers for SE Michigan and if not, what the actual numbers are. Thanks.
    So what were the total numbers they gave you ?

Down payment, monthly amount, Negotiated price?
  • I never negotiate on payment of any kind, so the other numbers i'm fine with. I have just seen on here that there is $1450 lease cash and the dealer checked and said that there is only $950. Also, on here I've seen that the residual for 39 mos w/ 12,000 miles is 55%, but he says that it's 52% for 36 mos w/15,000 miles less 1% for the additional 3 months, but plus 3% for 12,000 miles = 54% ( not 55%). He also verified the 4% rate. I was just trying to find out why there is the 1% difference on the residual value and the $500 difference on lease cash. thanks.
  • sheepdog1sheepdog1 Posts: 26
    Hey Carman my 24 mo SRX lease is almost up, what are the latest programs in FL, 24, 39 mo, low mileage leases?
  • hamomhamom Posts: 13
    Hi..I am interested in a 2008 SRX...AWD, luxury package.....can you please help
    me with a "good" price for a lease on this. I would be looking for 15K miles a year for 36 or 39 months..whatever is better....no money down...except for taxes and fees. I live in NJ..tax is 7%. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.