Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac STS Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
edited March 14 in Cadillac
Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Cadillac STS. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• I plan to lease an sts v6 awd in dec I think the price may come down I want the car loaded ( the luxury package
    what do you think the money factor and the residual should
    is it true that the car only get 17 mpg ? thanks
  • Could you tell me is this is a fair deal
    2006 sts awd list msrp $51375 55% residual 3.95 interest
    1500 miles 36 months
    $699 for 35 months $1,125 down includes sales tax 8% and first month payment white diamond would be $725
  • Sorry to bother you but I really have to know soon
    thanks
  • Hi doczuck. This car's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you are allowed to drive it. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Correct me if I am wrong. If you were to lease a 2006 Cadillac STS V6 through GMAC right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 3.95% and 55%, respectively. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

I am not sure what this car's real world gas mileage is like, but you may be able to get additional feedback on this subject by visiting the following discussion: "Cadillac STS/STS-V".

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi doczuck. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion on this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
  • The selling price is $46475 after all rebates
    The msrp is $51,375 1500 miles 36 months And I have to give them 1st month + $2800
  • Just got a great GMAC lease deal on a base 2006 STS. Had gotten a $1000 GM card bonus and wife received a $1000 certificate in mail(why I don't know)I used $1000 in GM card rebates. Paid out of pocket bank fee of $675 and $374(?)"prep fee". Also paid government $1100 sales tax. Now I will pay $199 per month for 24 months for a sweet ride. Best car deal I've ever made. Couldn't have leased an Accord for this kind of money.
  • Thanks for the additional information, doczuck. I am sure that part of the $2,800 that you mentioned is a capitalized cost reduction (down payment). I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your insurance company pays off the bank that you were leasing it through and your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your STS would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put several thousand dollars down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all. I will calculate a zero down lease payment for you to give you an idea of how much this car would cost to lease without any cap cost reduction.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Cadillac STS V8 with an MSRP of $51,375 and a selling price of $46,475 through GMAC right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $616.

Car_man
    Host
  • Carman, do you have any knowledge of transferring a GMAC lease? I have a 2006 STS V6 with all available options. $51K MSRP, 12K/yr, 36mo lease. I am in NJ and paying only $489/mo (GM empl + trade equity) incl. tax. I have heard that I can transfer the lease to another person by having them qualify and pay another acquisition fee. I am looking to get some of my cash back out (approx. $3,000 or so). How would I market this and is it possible?
  • Hi financeman. I believe that GMAC does allow lease transfers, but I am not familiar with the exact process that is involved with doing so. Your best bet would be to place a call directly to GMAC to see what you have to do. You may be able to find someone who is willing to assume your lease by visiting a site like swapalease.com, but it's no always easy to get someone to assume your lease. I suspect that you are going to have a hard time getting anyone to give you several thousand dollars in cash and take your car off of your hands.

Car_man
    Host
  • jim_cainjim_cain Posts: 1
    Greetings;

Anyone with insights into the current lease offers on the STS-V? I'm in Atlanta, if that makes any difference!

Thanks in advance,

-Jim
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Greetings Jim. I can give you an idea of what GMAC's current lease program on this car is like. Its lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you are allowed to drive it. For now, I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. If you were to lease a 2006 Cadillac STS V8 through GMAC on or before April 4th for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 3.95% and 56%, respectively. In addition to this special lease rate, GM is providing its dealers with $1,250 lease cash on the '06 STS V8 and an additional $1,000 bonus on models that have been in inventory since mid-November. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating the capitalized cost of the car that you want.

Car_man
    Host
  • salstssalsts Posts: 2
    Would you consider this a good lease offer by our dealer via GMAC.
    2006 Cadillac STS AWD V-6 with Luxury Package.
    After all dealer rebates, tax etc, price $ 47,800.00
    Lease for 39 months, 12,000 miles per month
    No money down
    $695,00 per month

thank for your help
    SalSTS
  • salstssalsts Posts: 2
    Does anyone ever read these posts?
    I'd really like to hear an answer to my post #16. If anyone can help me out, it would be appreciated
    I'd like to get the car if it's a reasonable deal.
    thank you
    salsts
  • jmdeangjmdeang Posts: 10
    Car_Man:

Can you give me the money factor and residual % for a STS 3 year lease with 15,000/year ?
    Also it seems like these cars are selling way under invoice, is that true?

thanks
    Hi jmdeang. If you were to lease a 2006 Cadillac STS V6 through GMAC right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 3.95% and 55%, respectively. Given the $1,500 lease cash that is currently available on the aforementioned car right now, you should be able to get one for below dealer invoice.

Car_man
    Host
  • bjb1bjb1 Posts: 1
    Hello. I'm also looking at leasing a Cadillac STS V6, how does the marketing support work? It shows $5,000 available to the dealer. Does any of this this apply to leases??
    Hello bjb1. I am not 100% positive, butt I do not believe that the $5,000 dealer cash that is currently available on the Cadillac STS is compatible with GMAC's special lease program. I think that the only cash that can be used on leases of it is the $1,500 lease cash that is available on V6 models and $1,250 lease cash on on V8 models.

Car_man
    Host
  • jvettejvette Posts: 70
    I just priced a new STS and there was $1000 and $1500 both on the STS for a total of $2500. The residual was 60% and the interest rate was 3.95. Great deals on them right now. Most dealers I priced wanted $1200 over Edmunds prices. They all added $649 Advertising fee. The best lease price I got was a 36 month for about $550 with sales tax of 6% on a $51,000 one.
  • rtaliartalia Posts: 1
    Hey i was reading ur comment and how did you get such a good deal on the sts?!? 199/mo. Did u put anything down and is GMAC lease deal different then the normal lease deal a cadillac dealership would put you on if you wanted to lease one? Let me know cuz I am going to lease one sure and just tryin to find the best deal on one. Thanks

Robin Talia
This discussion has been closed.