Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac STS Lease Questions

Comments

• drjeff1drjeff1 Posts: 1
    I just want to commend Ocean Cadillac. They have once again made the buying experience a pleasant one. I actually made the deal over the net, went to the dealer and ended up paying less than I agreed! They are a simple family dealership without a system. My 51625 STS 2 month old demo 1500 inception and 525 per month including tax (lease) ONLY 27 months. This car was the owner's demo. They also sold me 20 inch wheels at an excellent price and included the first set of new tires.
    This is my second time with them. The first time they actually delivered the car 30 miles away. I never even went in to the dealership. You can't go wrong there.
  • jmdeangjmdeang Posts: 10
    Car_Man:

Can you calculate what the monthly payment would be with the following:

A 2006 STS, MRSP $50,025 - Negoitiated Price $41,082
    No money down.
    3 years for 15,000/yr.
    I live in PA, so include all taxes.

thanks
  • jr32jr32 Posts: 23
    When you say $550 with sales tax..... do you mean the tax is included in the $550 or that you paid the taxes?
    the dealer is telling me the 3.95 is not really APR and that dividing the by 2400 (typical APR to MF conversion) is not correct. GMAC posts 3.95 on the STS but the real APR they get by using a chart which comes out to more like 4.something. Does that sound like BS???? It's a difference in about $50 to $60 per month.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    I sure can, jmdeang. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Cadillac STS V6 with an MSRP of $50,025 and a selling price of $41,082 through GMAC right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $490.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey jr32. I've never heard that before. It sounds like the dealer is trying to mark your car's lease rate up to add additional back-end profit to your deal to me.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Is this caddy w/NAV? If so who offered a deal i like this. I live in so. jersey and would love a deal like this. thanks.
  • Just got offered an 06 STS V6awd, MSRP $51375 12k miles per year, $1000 due at signing for $573/mos. I used the employee discount and received $45/mos. off of the $573 (the original price.) I waited to get the best deal i could get before asking about the discount prgm. (thanks to my good friend who got me the cert.) This deal was done in south Jersey.
    Congratulations on your new car, kstro135. You definitely got a good deal since you leased it through GM's Employee Purchase Program. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    How does one get a cert for a EPP deal?
  • stilesstiles Posts: 6
    I am leaseing a 2005 STS, the lease ends April 2007. Because of illness, i am putting very few miles on the car. (so far 9,000). Like the car very much and am wondering about a re-lease for another 3 yrs, I am worried that if I do lease this car again (based on the residual) I will NOT have a warranty, can I extend the warranty? Tell me what you think?
  • andre1andre1 Posts: 78
    Car_Man,
    In an earlier post, you mentioned the lease interest rate on 2006 Cadillac STS is 3.95%. What are the residuals for 24 and 36 months at 12K and 15K miles per year? Also, how much lease cash is available? Thanks!
  • andre1andre1 Posts: 78
    Car_man,
    I forgot to mention that this is for the V6 and V8 sport versions of the STS. Thanks.
  • Car_Man:

Can you tell me want the current rebate is off the negotiated price for a lease and a purchase?
    I know it's higher for a purchase but I am seeing different numbers for both.

thanks
  • Hi jr32. One can only get a certificate that allows them to purchase through General Motors' Employee Purchase program from a GM employee. GM gives its employees a certain number of certificates that they can give out to their friends and family.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • I am sorry to hear about your illness, stiles. As long as your car's original factory warranty is still in effect, you should be able to purchase an official GM extended warranty for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hey andre1. GMAC's current 24 month, 15,000 mile per year residual value for the 2006 STS V6 is 62%. Its residual value for an otherwise identical 36 month lease is 52%. If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, its 24 month residual value would be 2% higher and its 36 month residual would be 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Ahhh, thanks for the additional info, andre1. The numbers that I mentioned in my previous post are for the V6 model. The V8 model's residuals are 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi jmdeang. General Motors is currently providing $4,500 dealer cash on 2006 Cadillac STS models that are financed or paid for with cash. For leases through GMAC, it is providing $3,500 lease cash on STS V6 models and $3,250 lease cash on STS V8 / STS-V models.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi Car_Man, I am negotiatihg a lease on a 07 base STS. The sales manager keeps talking about a 1500,00 rebate and I can find no indication of any such rebate existing. If this is a legitimate GM rebate then I have 1500.00 more room for negotiations. Thanks for your help.
This discussion has been closed.