Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac STS Lease Questions

Comments

• merckxmerckx Posts: 565
    Last spring there was a $5,000 incentive on the STS...seems odd the incentive is less now that the 2007s are out...I'm thinking of buying a 6cyl STS..what is the current offer?
  • Hi BeamerMan. General Motors is currently providing $1,250 lease cash on GMAC leases of 2007 Cadillac STS V8 and $1,500 on GMAC leases of '07 STS V6 models. Negotiate the lowest possible selling price that you can on the car that you want and then have the dealer deduct the $1,500 from that price.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi merckx. Are you talking about the 2006 model. General Motors is currently providing $6,000 dealer cash plus $750 bonus cash, $6,750 total, on the 2006 Cadillac STS. If you want to pay cash for or finance an STS, the '06 model is the way to go, but if you want to lease you should go with an '07 model.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • OK Car_man, Look at these numbers.
    2007 Cadillac STS Base with Moonroof. 39 month lease, 10K per year.
    MSRP-44,195
    Base Cap Cost-40,000
    Residual-26075
    Money Factor-.00165
    I pay tax, 595.00 acquisition fee,tags and ist payment
    My payment is 466.00/month including tax.

Now I just read there is 2500.00 dealer cash as of 2/1/07. Did I leave some money on the table? If so my negotiations are not complete. I appreciate your analysis. Thanks, Wayne.
  • i'm looking at a 2007 Suburban LTZ loaded...they are citing for 36 months, 15k, a 59% residual and 6.9% APR. does that sound right? The money factor seems really high.
    Car_man, I've been looking for a page here on Edmunds that lists the $6,750 incentive on the 2006....I'm thinking of buying a base six cylinder STS...with no options it lists for $41,700....Two different dealers are offering a brand new 2006 car equiped like this for $34,000...What do you suggest I offer for it?..$32,500?
    Thanks in advance for your help...
  • Hi Car_man. Sorry to be a bother but I am gettting ready to deal on the STS on my message from Feb. 3, thanks
  • rockyleerockylee Posts: 14,011
    So the offer is up to $6,750 off for a 06' STS ????

That means with my GM discount I could knock off $13-14K off total. Well I might have to look into that. ;)

Rocky
  • Hi Rockylee, I am waiting for a posting on my 07 STS Lease from the staff but can verify that they are stepping up on 06 models. Rocky, I undersatnd that a GM employee can give a discount to individuals? I have not owned an American car in 30 years(BMWS) and so much like the STS am getting a Caddy.
  • rockyleerockylee Posts: 14,011
    Yeah GM employees can give a discount to friends. My father retired from GM/Delphi and heard about the "GM In Driveway" or GMID. I guess in more recent times they started running that promotion more ? I know back then they only allowed employyes to do it at certain times often at the ned of the year and back then it had restriction on what products it could be offered. I never knew until recently what they call it now days but it appears GM, has expanded the program from the chatter I read on this site. I'm not sure if the GMID is at actual GMS or GM supplier discounts since my family hasn't done one. I will have to ask my father if he knows more about the program and if he's aware he can do it. I know a couple of friends back home in Michigan, that might ask him for it's use. He of course will have to sign the paperwork for authorization.

Rocky
  • Geee, that would be great, please let me know. It makes me feel pretty good about buying American and I also discovered all this secret aura of the German makes is a crock. It has al become a ruse. That Cadillac(base STS) is just a fine well handling car and more comfortable that any foreign made. Wayne
  • Hey Wayne. A base 2007 Cadillac STS V6 has a spread of around $2,750 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. You were given a $4,195 discount on your car. After the $1,500 lease cash that is currently available on it is taken into account, you were sold this car for right around dealer invoice which is a very good deal. Furthermore, when the the money factor that you were quoted is converted into a lease rate it is right around the 3.95% base rate that GMAC is offering on this car right now. This looks like a very good deal to me.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi nickalpher. This particular discussion is for consumers to discuss leasing the Cadillac STS. Please post any questions that you have about leasing a Chevrolet Suburban in this discussion: "Chevrolet Suburban: Lease Questions". Thanks. The lease rate that you were quoted for this truck is correct. You're right, it is not very attractive. General Motors has been able to get away with not providing a lot of lease support on the Suburban since it was redesigned.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hey merckx. It appears as though Edmunds is no longer listing the incentives that are available on leftover 2006 models on this site. General Motors is definitely still providing $6,000 dealer cash on the 2006 Cadillac STS. If I was in the market for this car right now, I personally would offer dealer invoice minus the dealer cash. Dealer invoice for a base '06 Cadillac STS without any options is $39,074. When one subtracts the dealer cash from that, it drops to $33,074.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Carman, the extra $750 bonus cash you mentioned on Feb.1...Is thar still available on top of the $6,000 off?
  • force99force99 Posts: 13
    The Cadillac dealership in Santa Fe is selling all 06 STS cars for $13K off MSRP. I'm going out to look at a fully loaded one, MSRP $50K, sales manager says I can take it home for $37K. They are offering about $10K off each 06 STS in Albuquerque.
    I offered $31,000 yesterday on a base 2006 STS(lists for $41,700), but they wouldn't take it...Wanted $33,800,so I walked...
  • jvettejvette Posts: 70
    I found a 2006 STS in Silver a couple of weeks ago at Quantrell Cadillac in Lexington, KY. It was a true factory car where a factory rep drove it. It was put into service in December of 06 and had 6500 miles on it and could be certified for about $30,000. I think they would have taken $29,000 for it if I had pushed but my wife decided she wanted something sporty and smaller. It's a great car and still on their lot. I tried to purchase a new 06 and found the same thing you did. They weren't concerned about hearing any offers. They also wanted about $33,800. It was at a dealer in Louisville, Ky where they had 5 2006 STS's in stock.
  • patreypatrey Posts: 2
    I'm looking at leasing a 2007 STS with 1SB package and Navi. I have got the price of the car to 44K. They are quoting me a $450 month payment at 10K/year and 39 month lease with 4500 down. Sounds like the MF is to high and the residual to low.

Does anyone know the current MF and residual on a 2007 STS.

Thyanks
    Does anyone know current incentives on both new 2006 and 2007 STSs?
This discussion has been closed.