Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Malibu Lease Questions

Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Chevrolet Malibu. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• Hey Car_man,

Just wondering what the RV's and MF's are for the following...
    '06 Mailbu LS Sedan 36mo/12k and 36mo/15k
    '06 Malibu Maxx LT 36mo/12k and 36mo/15k

Also, with deep discounts on the '05 models ($3250 rebate) are leases on the 05's worth it? (MSRP $23,345, probably looking at $19,500 as a Cap Cost)

Thanks in advance.
  • Hey meuseman. If you were to lease either a 2006 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan or a Chevrolet Malibu Maxx through GMAC right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 4.0% and 53%, respectively. The lease rate for an otherwise identical lease with 12,000 miles per year would be the same, but the residual value would be 3% higher. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. When negotiating your lease on either of these cars, keep in mind that GM is currently providing $500 lease cash on these models that will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost. This lease program is really nothing to write home about. If I was in the market for a new Malibu I personally would probably finance a 2005 model at 0% for 5 years or take advantage of the $3,250 customer cash that is available on the '05 rather than lease an '06 model.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey car_man,

I was wondering when you get a chance if you'd be able to post the numbers for a 15000/36 month lease on a Malibu LTZ and an LTZ Maxx. I'm in Michigan if you need that for any incentives that may be in effect for the month of December.

Thanks!
  • Car_man, I was wondering if you had a chance to look at the December lease numbers ^
  • Hey gerardm. Here is the information that you are looking for. If you were to lease a 2006 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ through GMAC right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 4.0% and 53%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Malibu Maxx would be exactly the same. I don't believe that GM is currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this exact model, but it does qualify for "Red Tag Event" pricing.

Car_man
    Host
  • HI Car_man
    Living in Zip Code 14072 NY
    Looking for the residual values and money factors for the following:
    2006 Malibu Maxx LT, 36mo/12k and if there are any Lease incentives.
    Thanks for all your help.
    Patrick
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hello jpatrick1. GMAC, General Motors' captive finance company, does not use money factors to calculate vehicles' lease payments. It publishes lease rates instead. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. If you were to lease a 2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT through GMAC right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 3.7% and 56%, respectively. I do not believe that GM is currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • Are there still lease deals on '06 malibu LT sedan? What are the residuals and Money factors for 27 and 36 months. Any lease or bonus cash?
    Also, can anyone let me know what they are for an '07 Malibu Maxx SS. I am looking at 27 and 36 months, 15K miles a year.
  • Hello fuelcellguy. Unfortunately, General Motors is no longer providing lease support on the 2006 Chevrolet Malibu. It may still be possible to take advantage of its current cash incentives and lease one through an independent bank, but if you really want to lease you are probably better off going with a 2007 model. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual values for a 27 month lease of a 2007 Chevrolet Malibu V6 with 15,000 miles per year are 3.7% and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 3.7% and 49%, respectively. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • ws01ws01 Posts: 9
    Car_man, any idea if I could get GM SmartBuy option on 2006 Malibu Maxx LT in NJ? If I can do you know how it works and what would be residual value and financing rate for this car right now?

ws01
  • Greetings ws01. GMAC's SmartBuy program is what is known as a balloon note. Balloon notes are very similar to leases in that they provide consumers with a low monthly payment and the option to purchase their vehicles after a specific period of time for a predetermined price. The main difference between balloon notes and leases is that with leases the bank's name is on your vehicle's title, while with balloon notes yours is. Leases are much much more popular than balloon notes. I believe that most consumers in your area use GMAC's SmartLease program instead of its SmartBuy program. Given the lack of popularity of balloon notes, I personally do not keep tabs on the details of them. Why do you want to go with the SmartBuy instead of a lease? Either way, GMAC is no longer offering leases or balloon notes on leftover 2006 models.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • tgp1810tgp1810 Posts: 112
    Car_man, can you help me with these lease numbers.

Using an MSRP of 24595 and a purchase price of 22470 can you verify my lease calculations…

I used the following residual and interest numbers provided by my dealer: 54% for 36 months, 53% for 39 months and 3.75 money factor.

I get the following payments:

36 months: 329.68 (311.02 + 18.66 Michigan sales tax)
    39 months: 315.15 (297.31 + 17.84 Michigan sales tax)

Thanks for your help!
  • I'd be happy to help you out, tgp1810. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Saturn Aura XR with 15,000 miles per year are 3.75% and 60%, respectively. Using the prices that you mentioned in your post, an MSRP of $24,595 and a purchase price of $22,470 and the aforementioned lease program I estimate that this car's zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $273.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Car_man, thank you for your help! I know that the current lease program expires today, and was wondering if you would let me know of any changes for the new year once you get them.

Thanks again!

Travis
    Car_man,

I just e-mailed the information you provided me to the dealer and their response was: "These numbers are wrong; because you don't have access to a GMAC lease program, you don't have all the necessary informaiton to properly calculate a payment."

They're quoting me $345 a month for 36/15K using a residual of 54% and a lease rate of 3.75.
    Car_man sorry for sounding impatient, but I'm just wondering was changes January brought to the Saturn Auras lease program.

Thanks!
  • No problem, Travis. GMAC's lease program for the 2007 Saturn Aura was extended through February 28th. Its base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Saturn Aura XR with 15,000 miles per year still are 3.75% and 60%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Car_man,

I have just one more thing. I e-mailed the dealer again and they're insisting that this cars residual value for 3 years/45000 miles is 54%. They told me that 60% is unheardof.

Any advice?

Thanks!
  • Hi tgp1810. I believe that 54% is this GMAC's 39 month residual value for this car. I am pretty sure that its 36 month residual value is indeed 60% with 15,000 miles per year. Have you tried getting a quote from a different dealer?

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • bmacbmac Posts: 7
    Car man,
    Can you provide the residual and GMAC base lease rate on a 2007 Chevy Malibu LT, 10,000 mile, 39 month lease? The dealer is saying the residual is 54% and the base rate is 5.7%.

Thanks!