Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Malibu Lease Questions

Comments

• mbd8mbd8 Posts: 3
    Hi,
    Do you see incentives getting better on 2010 models after 9/7/10 or have we peaked?
    Thanks
    MBD8
  • Good question, mbd8. It's difficult to say what GM will do with its new September incentives.

If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say that its new Sept. programs will be at least as attractive as, if not more attractive than its August programs. Again this is just an educated guess based upon the fact that August auto sales were terrible and some rumblings that I have beard about General Motors making enhancements to its offers on 2011 models next week. It's difficult to predict exactly what automakers will do with their future programs.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Car_man,

Do you have the current November lease rates for the 2011 Malibu LS and LTZ for 24 or 27 months and 15k miles per year? Is there still $1,000 Toyota Owner cash available towards leases of this model? Any other cash available for leases of this model?

Thanks again
  • I certainly do, autoboy19. Ally's November base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Chevrolet Malibu LS with 15,000 miles per year are 0.4% and 58%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 Malibu LTZ are exactly the same.

I haven't seen anything about the $1,000 for Toyota owners this month, but I do know that GM is providing a $2,900 cash incentive on leases of the '11 Malibu through Ally. There's additional lease cash on this car in California.

Car_man
    Host
  • pk0525pk0525 Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    Car_Guy,

Could you help me with some information on Malibu leases? I am looking at potentially leasing for 24 months on either 12k or 15k per year. I am contemplating the LT1, LT2 and LT2 v6 models. I'd like to crunch some numbers. Do you have the latest lease residuals, money factors (or rate), and the new incentives for lease cash, lease cash bonus, dealer cash, etc. I have a topped off GM card and would like to know what other incentives are out there.

Thanks,

PK
  • I'd be happy to help you out, pk0525.

Ally's January base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 with 15,000 miles per year are 0.15% and 56%, respectively.

The lease rate for an otherwise identical lease of an LT2 is the same, but the residual value drops to 52%.

The residual values for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

General Motors is currently providing a $3,150 cash incentive on leases of these cars through Ally. There's another $1,000 cash incentive on this car for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_man,

Great info. but how do you lease through Ally? I called them up and was told that they couldn't provide any of these numbers (base lease rate, residual value). I was asked to contact my local dealership for any lease related questions.

I am new to leasing and I am wondering what numbers are determined by the dealership vs. being set by GMAC/Ally.

Any tips you can provide on how to go about it will be much appreciated.

(Considering leasing an LT2 for 24 months @ 15k miles/year)

Thanks!
  • You're welcome carbuyer4646. What you were told is correct. Ally odes not deal directly with the general public. If you want to lease a vehicle through it, you will have to have a dealer facilitate your deal for you.

The main variable that the dealership has control over on your lease is your vehicle's selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Make sure to negotiate as low a selling price as possible on the vehicle that you want and then have the dealer calculate your payment using its base lease rate.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks for clearing that up. Since we are now in February, would you have the base lease rate, residual value and incentive for this month :-) ?

2011 Malibu LT2 lease, 15k miles/year, 24 months or 36 months?

2011 Malibu LTZ lease, 15k miles/year, 24 months or 36 months?

Thanks for the information.
  • No problem carbuyer4646.

Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Malibu LT2 with 15,000 miles per year are 0.15% and 52%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 1.8% and 45%.

The lease rates for the LTZ are exactly the same, but its residual values are 56% / 48%.

GM is currently providing a $3,150 cash incentive on leases of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • I just want to confirm my dealers "facts". On a 24 or 27 mo lease for 2011 Malibu LS w/ 15000 miles a year he said the residual is 46% - my question is: Is this correct?

He quoted me roughly $225/mo with 0 down and $4150 cash incentives and supplier discount - do you think they have any more wiggle room?
    Thanks Car Man
  • Hi klinko. This car's residual value depends upon what bank you are leasing it through. General Motors actually has three lease companies that it runs deals through at this time, Ally, US Bank, and GM Financial.

Supplier pricing minus any available cash incentives is a good deal. I don't think that you are going to get much better than that.

Car_man
    Host
  • Well I went back to the dealer after figuring out that I was quoted for 12k/yr the final price was $244/mo-39mo-0dn-15k year. What a great experience - if Anyone is looking in the metro Detroit area, Matthew Hargreaves is on the ball Phillip did an awesome job and I will gladly buy from him again!
  • Thank you very much, Car_man. I appreciate it.
  • I just took home a lease for the 2011 Chevy malibu with these factors.

MSRP: 23190
    Sale Price: 21900
    Acquisition: 485
    MF: 2.8%
    CA tax: 10%
    Residual: 48%
    Term: 39 months
    Mileage: 12K/year

Monthly payment: $157
    Due at signing: nothing. They even paid my 1st month.

I traded in my truck and got $4500 for it along with manufacturer incentives of $2500 with a dealer incentive of $500.

Hope this helps. I was able to get my price so low b/c of the trade in value and incentives. I told them I was a Costco member and got the Costco invoice price (well worth it) find out more about how to negotiate a good lease @ www.leaseguide.com.
  • You're very welcome carbuyer4646.

Car_man
    Host
  • ddude123ddude123 Posts: 1
    04/19/11---Can you please give me an idea what my payment should be on this ltz--msrp28725--selling price is invoice 27679---2000cash out of pocket for 39 months -- please let me know what the current gm cash cap reduction should be and the current rate--please quote payment -- do not include tax or tags---15000miles per year---thanks
  • That's a great offer hardyboy. Does anybody know any SoCal dealers when I get a similar Malibu deal?
  • flyingatorflyingator Posts: 1
    Car Man,
    could you please kindly share the current MF, Residuals, and incentives for a Malibu LTZ?
    36 months
    15000 miles
    Texas

thanks so much for your time and effort.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi ddude123. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2011 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ that has an MSRP of $28,725 and a selling price $27,679 through Ally right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $411.

GM is currently providing a $3,650 cash incentive on 36 month leases of this car through Ally. If you were to subtract the full cash incentive from this car's cap cost, it would lower the monthly payment to around $309.

Car_man
    Host