Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler 300 Lease Questions

Comments

• phys14phys14 Posts: 2
    Hi,

I'm thinking about leasing a Chrysler 300 base model or Touring and would be very grateful for any help you could provide. I see that the Touring has a buy rate money factor of 0.00195 in the northeast region from your previous post. How much do these tend to vary by region? For instance, I'm in southern California...is it roughly the same? Is the number also similar for the base model?

On another note, how close to a buy rate should I expect to get out of the dealer?

Thanks!

JM
  • ysautoysauto Posts: 27
    Any posted deals at this time on Leases for a 300 in NY/NJ area? I am looking for something 0 down.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi JM. Chrysler Financial's money factors do often vary by region. I haven't seen its specific money factors for your area, but for the areas outside the Northeast that I have seen Chrysler Financial's buy rate for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Chrysler 300 base is currently .00328. The factor for a 36 month lease of a 300 Touring outside of the Northeast is .00254. Chrysler Financial's residual values are the same across the country. In a vehicle like the Chrysler 300 in a competitive market like Southern California you should have no trouble getting a dealer to lease you this car using the buy rate.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • greggs11greggs11 Posts: 4
    Hello Car_Man, I'm looking at a lease on a 300 SRT Design in Scottsdale Arizona. Residual 49% and money factor .00253. The MSRP is $41,330 and purchase price of $34,330.

The dealer is offering a lease through Chrysler Financial...39 months, 12,000 miles, $3000 down (inludes $1200 buy down and $1800 in first payment, plates, acquisistion fee, etc)...payment $475 + AZ tax = $512...is this a decent deal? Will my $512 buy me more car somewhere else? (BMW, infinit, etc.)

Thanks so much for your help!
  • hezdope07hezdope07 Posts: 7
    so guys i made a deal wanted to share with you guys what i got. what do yall think?

MSRP: 38,845
    Net Cap: 33,507
    3500 down, 36 months, 12k miles
    due at signing 5,500 everything plus plates
    monthly payment: $389

what do u guys think?
  • hezdope07hezdope07 Posts: 7
    oops i forgot to add in the deal:

Navigation and Sound System
    Luxury Group
  • wow. its almost been a whole month and nobody has repiled to me message ehh.. i guess nobody like the 300 anymore :( i should of bought a bmw or acura lmao
  • Dh currently has a 2005 Chrysler 300 that he has leased for 39 months come March 2008. We have always had good credit and never really had to "deal" with any issues. However, dh was laid off for 5 months. We had to move from MI to FL. We paid our bills the whole time dh didn't have a job. However, since the MI economy STINKS our house is worth $150 LESS than we bought it on a good day. We are working with the mortgage company but they said in order to qualify for help we had to be behind plus with paying to live in FL now we could not keep up the house payment. So now we are not making the house payment in MI. We have been trying to sell it but it looks like foreclosure is coming - hoping to do a deed in leui. We finally in 5-6 months got our first offer on the house and the bank tried to counter and they walked. We have tons of people look at the house they just can get other house cheaper b/c everything in our area is in foreclosure or people lived in the house forever and can sell for cheaper. We had just moved to MI and only been in the house for 3 yrs. just before all the plant shut down came out and of course the plant right down the road was shut down this year. Anyways all that to ask can we lease with Chrysler with a bad credit score? We have never missed a car payment or even credit card - just the house now. I think his credit score is probably about 590 right now but that is also with some errors that we are trying to get off. I am hoping to have his credit score in the very low 600s by the time March rolls around. We will have $5K to put down on something. Can we lease? I am thinking that leasing for a short time would be better than buying as our credit will continue to get better after this is all done. Any advice?

Tammy
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,886
    just a suggestion, but how about trying to negotiate the buyout on the 300? If you can get a good deal on it and put $5k down, you could probably have decent payments on a 2-year loan and own it outright in the end ... meaning no payments for a while.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

• hardhawkhardhawk Posts: 702
    My lease on a 2005 Dodge Magnum is expiring soon. I have already gotten a mailing telling me I am preapproved for a new lease or loan up to a certain dollar amount, which is enough to get any new Chrysler or Dodge product. I bet if you call or check your lease account on line you may well find that you are also preapproved. Check it out and good luck. I cannot imagine they would run off a customer who has made timely payments to them for 3 years.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi greggs11. The car that you are interested in probably has a spread of around $3,100 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Additionally, Chrysler is providing $3,000 lease cash and $500 bonus cash on the '07 300. That gives you a total of around $6,600 to play with. The $7,000 discount that you were quoted on this car looks very attractive to me.

I am not personally familiar with the SRT Design trim level of this car, but the money factor that you were quoted looks about right to me.

You would be better off not making the $1,200 down payment that you are considering making. I always advise consumers against making down payments on leases. Those who make them risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Other than that, this deal looks good to me. If you like the car, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Thanks for everyone's advice here. I ended up actually leasing a 2007 BMW 328i...the BMW was too good a deal to pass up, and a little better car for my purposed use.

Thanks again,

- Steve
  • Car man and all,
    I am trying to decide if this month is the time or if September will get better. Last vehicle we leased in September and it was the last of the good deals on the leftovers. Let me know what you think:

300C SRT Design (5.7 not 6.1 engine, but includes SRT wheels, suspension, interior, etc)
    Sticker: $42,210
    Selling Price: $38,177 (employee pricing, not including rebates)
    Rebates: $4,500

39 months/10.5k per year = $450 per month including 6% tax, $0 due at signing

This assumes 50% residual and .00214 money; Detroit region

I know there is $1k dealer cash in the $4,500 and this also includes loyalty. Anyone have an opinion? Next month (Sept 5) will it get a little better? Thanks for your comments.
    C
  • hey i just went to a chrysler dealer in brooklyn and was offered a 300c for $400 a month with no money down
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,886
    options? msrp? is that with taxes? how many months? how many miles?

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

• i have an 2007 chrysler 300c hemi, black, sunroof, tan leather, 6600 miles, 12,000 a year...lease ends 9/24/2010...payment is $530 a month flat...reply if interested...i will cover first payment!!
  • :confuse: For a 2005 Chrysler 300C Hemi started Lease on 5/08/2004

:confuse:

1. Amount due at lease signing 3120.58

2. Monthly pmts 619.57

3. 47 total payments

4. 300.00 turn in fee

Amount of down payment 3120.52

Capitalized cost reduction 2304.43

first mthly pmt 619.57

license fees 143.00

doc fee 53.52

Gross capitalized cost 37,170

Adjusted capitalized cost 37891.98

Residual value 16354.80

depreciation and any amortized amounts 21537.18

Rent charge 8202.18

total base mthly pmts 29739.36

lease payments 48

base payment 619.57
  • sftl1sftl1 Posts: 12
    At this point does it make a difference, you've been in this lease for almost 4 years. I will say that if you negotate a lease on a new 300C today you can structure a deal that's much better than the one you're in now...
  • Can someone provide me with the money factor and residual value on the '08 Chrysler 300 Limited

This is based on a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles/year.

Thanks!
  • Can I get the latest money factor and residual for a Chrysler 300c rwd and chrysler 300 limited rwd both 3year 12k miles