Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler 300 Lease Questions

Comments

• alinagm1alinagm1 Posts: 3
    Where did you get this car? What state? What an awesome deal! Please share more info.

Alina
  • matt_fmatt_f Posts: 3
    I leased my 300C from David O'Neal Chrysler in Raliegh, NC. If you would like any other specific information, you can feel free to email me.
  • alinagm1alinagm1 Posts: 3
    We are looking to lease a 2007 Chysler 300C,
    MSRP of $34975
    Navi and SOund group II
    Total sticker price $37780.

VIN #: 2C3KA63H47H754054

We are looking to trade in a 2005 Chevy Tahoe 41000 miles, with payoff of $32,000. We don't want to put any money down if possible. Can you try and figure out a best lease possible scenerio with this pay off on Tahoe? We have appreciated the forum and all the help. However, now we have our own specifics. Thanks in advance.
  • Was called by a Chrysler dealer that I could turn in my lease with no penalthy provided I lease/buy another Chrysler product since lease had less than 4 months left on it. I took them up on the offer and went in for a test drive.

First the 300C then the Magnum SRT8. When I lease a vehicle it's all about a subvented lease. I don't care what color or options a car has as long as I'm in a high end vehicle for the cheapest price available. Was turning in a 04 Crossfire with MSRP of 35.5K that I leased for 39 months for $299 a month + tax and 2300 down. I decided on a 36K MSRP 300C that would be leased at similar terms, which came out to $400 a month including tax with 0 down. This was my target. Whether it would be met I had 0 expectations of since I'm not in a forced position. To me the dealer is in a must deal position since he had 27 07 300C on the lot with not a single customer at the dealership for the 3 hours I was there. Now I know why Mercedes Benz is trying to sell off the Chrysler division. The 300C is no longer the must have vehicle it was when it first made its debut. Just like any car on the market after a few years no one wants it. With any high volume produced car if you don't offer heavy incentives it's not going to move.

This was the first deal they came back with:

$7K down and $460 a month including CA tax for 27 months and 10.5 K miles a year. Honestly, my first reaction was an immediate burst of laughter. I couldn't control myself. You can't con a con. After the fun it was time to go on the offensive. They counter with a $490 a month including tax for 39 months with 0 down. I then told them about the deals I was offered through other dealers. I was offered a 300C SRT8 with an MSRP of $48K for $530 a month including tax for 39 months. They tried to lease me a $35.5K vehicle for almost the same price as a $48K limited production SRT8. This was for a previous customer too. I proceded to tell them about the $460 a month including tax 0 down 27 month lease on a $43K MSRP Infiniti FX35 I was given and a $40K BMW X3 for $470 a month including tax 0 down for 24 months. As I said I'll drive anything nice. The people who get the shaft are those that demand a certain car, a certain color, certain packages, when in reality all these cars are fantastic. If you're buying a car then fine but this is a lease that you're turning in so why be picky. Dealers always jump on the weak.

I'll wait for my Crossfire lease to expire before grabbing a subvented lease on whatever is available within a month of my expiration. My hunch is Chrysler will offer better promos deeper into the year as the inventory of these vehicles continues to build up.

I'd also like to mention that the 07 Magnum SRT8 I drove had a $42K MSRP and a 5K markup while a dealer just 10 miles away had 3 06 new SRT8 leftovers that they were pushing for 8K off MSRP. Do your homework and never be in a rush. That is my experience I thought I'd share with the board.
  • tao_tao_ Posts: 1
    Car_man,

I got this quote from a local dealer, I was wondering if it might be a good deal or not? This is a fully loaded 300C SRT-8, MSRP Given: $48,275...

I am in Illinois, by the way...

From dealer:
    "
    hello,
    heres the info you requested on the 2007 300 srt-8 you can lease this car for 597.00 a month that payment reflects no money down from you except your first payment and plates all the taxes are rolled in the lease if you should shop the price you need to remember that also that is 12k miles a year if you should have any questions you can contact me ************* directly @***-***-**** hope you find this satisfactory .
    "

Thanks for your help...
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    I'm glad that you found this site so helpful, Matt. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Enjoy your new ride :) .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi John. It doesn't appear as though you are being given any sort of dealer discount on this car. I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for the 2007 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 in your area right now, but if I was in the market for one I personally would want a discount on its selling price in addition to the $2,500 cash incentive.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi jcee2. This car's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Chrysler 300 Limited AWD with 15,000 miles per year in your area are .00077 and 48%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $1,500 lease cash that is currently available on it into account. It will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi alinagm1. This car's lease payment will depend upon what sort of selling price you are able to negotiate on it. I personally would shoot for $500 over dealer invoice on a 2007 Chrysler 300 right now. When the $2,500 lease cash that is currently available on the 2007 Chrysler 300C it taken into account that puts you at around $2,000 under invoice. You can look up this car's dealer invoice price by visiting the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing. Once you have an approximate selling price, let me know and I will be happy to estimate what this car's monthly payment should be for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi tao. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • srtochosrtocho Posts: 1
    Can you trade a car(paid for) in on a lease deal? This is return business to the same dealer.
    (I hope this falls under/ "there are no stupid questions,just confused people")
    Thanks
  • Just want to know what happens at the end of the lease on my 300. The dealer never told what to expect. If I choose to purchase the car, does chrysler send info on payments and all I need to do is accept and move on or do I need to bring the car in for the dealer inspection. Point is I want to keep the car and I want add a new grille and tint the windows. Since this is a lease I have put this off.

Thanks in Advance
  • I would say yes, since the dealer asked me did I want to trade in my truck when I was doing my lease. It would just be more of a cash downpayment which would make your payment lower, but would be a waste even if you intend on buying the car at the end of the lease, because at that point you will refinace at the value of the car at the end of the lease. Your trade in will have no effect at that point.
    Bottom line, your trade in would amount to no more than pocket money for the dealer.
  • gary154gary154 Posts: 5
    I am interested in leasing an '07 Limited AWD for 36 months with 15,000 miles allowed per year. The Invoice price of the car is $34,152 and the TMV price is $35,395. I live in the Chicago area. I do not want to put down any money except for the first month's payment. My credit rating is excellent. What kind of monthly payment can I expect? I just read that 300 sales are down over 20% this year and I also think Chrysler is now offering $2500 incentive on a 300 lease - I could be wrong about that though. Any help one can provide will be greatly appreciated.
  • jgreenbergjgreenberg Posts: 15
    Im pricing out the 300M Touring edition (with selected options) at a TMV of $27,123 (after the $2500 incentive). What is the current buy rate lease money factor and residual % for a 36 month 12K lease? What lease payment does this calc to (including NJ tax of 7%)
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,215
    Im pricing out the 300M Touring edition (with selected options) at a TMV of $27,123

Good god I hope not! A new 300M will have been sitting on the dealer's lot for years now!

;b

pssstt... its no longer called the 300M

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

Hi srtocho. This is not a stupid question at all. Yes, you absolutely can trade in a vehicle when leasing a new one. Having said this if you decide to do this, it would be in your best interest to have the dealer that you trade your vehicle to cut you a check for it rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment for your lease. I always advise consumers against making large down payments when leasing. Those who do risk losing part or all of their down payment if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello slydog_300. If you decide to purchase your car at the end of your lease you will not have to get it inspected. Just place a call to Chrysler Financial a month or two before the scheduled end of your lease and tell them that you are considering purchasing your car. I said "considering" because from time to time banks are willing to negotiate the lease-end purchase prices of vehicles. More often than not they won't, but it doesn't hurt to see if they would be willing to give you a discount before telling them that you definitely want to buy it.

You can make the modifications that you mentioned now IF you are absolutely positive that you will purchase your car and the end of your lease. If you aren't sure that you will then you would be better off waiting to make them.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi gary154. I can give you an idea of what this car's monthly payment will be like. In order for me to do so though I need to know both its MSRP and its selling price. I can use the dealer invoice price that you mentioned to arrive at an approximate selling price, so just let me know what the MSRP is and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for, jgreenberg. In your area (DaimlerChrysler's Northeast region), Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Chrysler 300 Touring with 12,000 miles per year are .00195 and 53%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,000 lease cash and $500 bonus cash ($2,500 total) that is currently available on it. This incentive will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • phys14phys14 Posts: 2
    Hi,

I'm thinking about leasing a Chrysler 300 base model or Touring and would be very grateful for any help you could provide. I see that the Touring has a buy rate money factor of 0.00195 in the northeast region from your previous post. How much do these tend to vary by region? For instance, I'm in southern California...is it roughly the same? Is the number also similar for the base model?

On another note, how close to a buy rate should I expect to get out of the dealer?

Thanks!

JM
  • ysautoysauto Posts: 27
    Any posted deals at this time on Leases for a 300 in NY/NJ area? I am looking for something 0 down.
    Hi JM. Chrysler Financial's money factors do often vary by region. I haven't seen its specific money factors for your area, but for the areas outside the Northeast that I have seen Chrysler Financial's buy rate for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Chrysler 300 base is currently .00328. The factor for a 36 month lease of a 300 Touring outside of the Northeast is .00254. Chrysler Financial's residual values are the same across the country. In a vehicle like the Chrysler 300 in a competitive market like Southern California you should have no trouble getting a dealer to lease you this car using the buy rate.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • greggs11greggs11 Posts: 4
    Hello Car_Man, I'm looking at a lease on a 300 SRT Design in Scottsdale Arizona. Residual 49% and money factor .00253. The MSRP is $41,330 and purchase price of $34,330.

The dealer is offering a lease through Chrysler Financial...39 months, 12,000 miles, $3000 down (inludes $1200 buy down and $1800 in first payment, plates, acquisistion fee, etc)...payment $475 + AZ tax = $512...is this a decent deal? Will my $512 buy me more car somewhere else? (BMW, infinit, etc.)

Thanks so much for your help!
  • hezdope07hezdope07 Posts: 7
    so guys i made a deal wanted to share with you guys what i got. what do yall think?

MSRP: 38,845
    Net Cap: 33,507
    3500 down, 36 months, 12k miles
    due at signing 5,500 everything plus plates
    monthly payment: $389

what do u guys think?
  • hezdope07hezdope07 Posts: 7
    oops i forgot to add in the deal:

Navigation and Sound System
    Luxury Group
  • wow. its almost been a whole month and nobody has repiled to me message ehh.. i guess nobody like the 300 anymore :( i should of bought a bmw or acura lmao
  • Dh currently has a 2005 Chrysler 300 that he has leased for 39 months come March 2008. We have always had good credit and never really had to "deal" with any issues. However, dh was laid off for 5 months. We had to move from MI to FL. We paid our bills the whole time dh didn't have a job. However, since the MI economy STINKS our house is worth $150 LESS than we bought it on a good day. We are working with the mortgage company but they said in order to qualify for help we had to be behind plus with paying to live in FL now we could not keep up the house payment. So now we are not making the house payment in MI. We have been trying to sell it but it looks like foreclosure is coming - hoping to do a deed in leui. We finally in 5-6 months got our first offer on the house and the bank tried to counter and they walked. We have tons of people look at the house they just can get other house cheaper b/c everything in our area is in foreclosure or people lived in the house forever and can sell for cheaper. We had just moved to MI and only been in the house for 3 yrs. just before all the plant shut down came out and of course the plant right down the road was shut down this year. Anyways all that to ask can we lease with Chrysler with a bad credit score? We have never missed a car payment or even credit card - just the house now. I think his credit score is probably about 590 right now but that is also with some errors that we are trying to get off. I am hoping to have his credit score in the very low 600s by the time March rolls around. We will have $5K to put down on something. Can we lease? I am thinking that leasing for a short time would be better than buying as our credit will continue to get better after this is all done. Any advice?

Tammy
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,215
    just a suggestion, but how about trying to negotiate the buyout on the 300? If you can get a good deal on it and put $5k down, you could probably have decent payments on a 2-year loan and own it outright in the end ... meaning no payments for a while.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

• hardhawkhardhawk Posts: 702
    My lease on a 2005 Dodge Magnum is expiring soon. I have already gotten a mailing telling me I am preapproved for a new lease or loan up to a certain dollar amount, which is enough to get any new Chrysler or Dodge product. I bet if you call or check your lease account on line you may well find that you are also preapproved. Check it out and good luck. I cannot imagine they would run off a customer who has made timely payments to them for 3 years.