Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler 300 Lease Questions

Comments

• Are these the current lease numbers for Chrysler 300C AWD or did they change?
    i.e. Lease Cash / Rebate = $3000
    Money Factor = 0.0165
    36 months, residual = 56% for 15,000 miles
    Thanks...
    Also what is the markup, i.e. is it reasonable to negotiate invoice price and then apply the lease cash to a lease.
    Thanks
  • Could you please verify some numbers for me.

2006 300C 36 month lease
    MSRP $35350
    Net cap cost: $30362 (includes $3000 rebate)
    Upfront: $767
    12000 miles per year
    Residual: 56%
    money factor: .00203
    Payment of $395

Also, I see that they are making me prepay and finance the up front sales tax on the entire deal. is this normal?

Thanks
  • andre1andre1 Posts: 78
    Car_Man,
    On another site, I found reference to Chrysler offering $2000 customer cash (Type 1, program 74C61) and $2000 lease cash (Type L, program 74L61) on all remaining 2006 300C (including the SRT-8). Can both of these be used on a lease for this vehicle? Thanks.
  • cwa318cwa318 Posts: 51
    I have been in the process of searching for an SRT-8. I am on the West coast of Florida. A previous subscriber stated there are a lot of these left on lots. Let me tell you this is 100% true. One dealer in Orlando has 15 06's left. Most dealers I have researched have 3 to 6 of these units left. They seem to be ready to deal. $2K rebate + $1k Old Age Unit Rebate. $1K Chrysler Financial money went away.

My question is are the residual values for this car still at 56% for 36 months (15K) and are the monet factors at .00165? Thanks
    The link below has the rates for the SRT-8 slightly changed in November to 55% residual and .00163 money factor. Also, you should easily get $7000 off MSRP on the 300C SRT-8 when all rebates are factored in. CarMax new cars has some of them at almost $8000 off MSRP.

link title
    Just was quoted today 39 months 15k - 54% and money factor of .00175 on SRT-8? I told the salesman this factor seemed high as I had seen it at .00163. He said that is what it is. Any suggestions?
    Also.....payment I was quoted by dealer was much higher than what I had figured with the Edmunds lease calculator. I have not seen the paper work yet however. Do these dealers figure things diffferenly when they figure a lease? I would assume the Edmunds calculator must be fairly accurate?
    cwa318,
    I'm not sure if the 39 month rates are different than the 36 month rates, but I would recommend only the 24 or 36 month lease. Look at the link from my previous post. The 36 month rate for 15K miles per year is 55% residual (57 % for 12K miles) and money factor of .00163. With the number of rebates on this vehicle, you should get the payment below $500 with NO money down. If your dealer doesn't give you this rate, they are marking it up to make more profit. In that case, go to another dealer. There are hundreds of these SRT-8's left and Chrysler is desperate to sell them before shipping the 2007 versions.
  • I am purchasing a 2006 300C SRT8. MSRP 46050

please provide a source for the 8000 discount.

Is this a good guesss?
    2000 customer cash.
    1000 old inventory cash.
    3000 off msrp.
    1500 estimated hold back

thanks
  • You're right, mrdrifty. The money factor that you were quoted looks about right to me, but for some reason the residual value that you were told is too low. This is interesting because individual dealers do not have the authority to alter banks' residual values. Chrysler Financial's current 36 month, 15,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2006 Chrysler 300 SRT8 are .00163 and 55%, respectively. The selling price that you were quoted for this car looks reasonable to me, but you definitely should stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately: "Chrysler 300 / 300C: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi tryingtolearn. through December 4th, DaimlerChrysler is providing $2,000 lease cash on the 2006 Chrysler 300C. Through November 30th, it was also providing an additional $1,000 cash incentive on units that have been in dealer inventory since April 1st or earlier. I believe that the latter portion of its incentive program has expired. Chrysler Financial's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Chrysler 300 with 15,000 miles per year are .00163 and 52%, respectively.

You can look up this car's MSRP and invoice information by visiting the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing. You definitely should be able to get a leftover 2006 Chrysler 300C for fairly close to dealer invoice and then have the cash incentives that are available on it taken off. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately: "Chrysler 300 / 300C: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi kdckurt. A base 2006 Chrysler 300C has a spread of just over $2,600 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. After this vehicle's cash incentives are taken into account, you are being given a discount of $1,988. This is around $600 over invoice, which isn't bad but might be able to be neaten by a few hundred dollars this late in the model year if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition.

The money factor that you were quoted for this car is a little too high. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Chrysler 300 is only .00163. Make sure that the dealer you are working with uses this factor to calculate your vehicle's monthly payment.

As far as the sales tax goes, it is to your advantage to bake it into your car's lease payment rather than pay it at lease signing. If you pay it all upfront you risk losing it if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hey andre1. Unfortunately, the $2,000 customer cash and $2,000 lease cash that are currently available on the 2006 Chrysler 300C cannot be combined. You either get $2,000 off of a cash purchase of this car or $2,000 off of a lease of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi cwa318. You never mentioned how long you want to lease this car for, so for now I will assume that you want a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 with 15,000 miles per year are .00163 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Where are these cars for $8k off MSRP? I'll take one right now at $8k off of MSRP. I drove one yesterday($48k MSRP)and really liked the car. It had been on the lot since 12/05 and had 3,600 miles on it(GM's wife drove it). I made a low ball offer and their counter was high 42's and wouldn't move from there. There were 4 on the lot and this is a small dealership. I hear how DCX has tons of product to move, I guess these guys didn't get the memo.

Car_Man can you type up a memo to these guys? LOL

Regards,
    John
    John - Go to the www.carmax.com web site and select go to the new car section. Then, check out the inventory of new 300C's SRT8. CarMax (LAX) has 2006's at $7000 off MSRP and the 2007 SRT8's (Atlanta, Orlando) are already discounted at $5000 off MSRP. With the new Chrysler December incentives, you will probably even get more off these prices. If you dealer can't match these prices, then they are either lying or delusional.
  • Andre - Thanks for the reply. I'll print out the add and give them a call. Hopefully I'll be an owner soon. I did notice a few things that needed to be addressed (squealing brakes and drooping rear bumper cover). I understand there are TSB's out for both of these issues.

Once again thanks for the reply and if you have one in your area for $8K off let me know.

Regards,
    John
  • Found one. $7k off and .00074 M/F for 27 months. Deal was super easy and the dealership was great to work with. The car will be delivered next week. Looking forward to being an owner. Thanks for the info and the site.

Regards,
    John
    John,
    What residual % did you get for that 27 month lease? The M/F of .00074 is certainly a lot lower than the 24 month (.00152) and 36 month (.00205) rates. So, I was wondering if the 27 month rates are a special for this month?