Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Town & Country Lease Questions

Comments

• boomer15boomer15 Posts: 8
    edited March 2011
    OK. Patients works. $2,500 down (w first payment) and $304 wtax per month with a car rental warranty included (I wanted this because my last one broke down a lot and we keep being without a car). MSRP $34,500.00. 12000 mpy. Touring with DVD, Nav, blackberry pearl and most of the bells and whistles. Only 1 TV (who cares) and no leather (big whoop). Even a smoother drive. I like it.
  • fredm6fredm6 Posts: 51
    Sounds like you got a good deal. Wish I had more time to shop and compare. Hope you like the new features on the 2011.
  • fredm6fredm6 Posts: 51
    Your deal was better than mine. Sorry you had to pay all tax up front. My payment included the tax just on the period of the lease. Had to pay taxes up front on the $3750 rebates though. That was $262.50. Some other brands in our area are advertising low monthly lease payments and then in fine print it says "taxes, fees, etc not included". I tried to compare my deal with one for a similar Honda and Toyota Sienna. Very difficult due their options and trim levels. I did find out that my payments would have been well over $500 per month and I could not get some of the new safety tech features that are on the T&C.
  • nebbsnebbs Posts: 1
    edited April 2011
    Seems we're all pretty much in the same ballpark from what I've read. Should give people a decent idea of what to expect or how much. Here's how my lease went.
    Picked up my lease last week. Returned my lease on a 08 grand caravan. New lease is on the Touring L MSRP 35,015. Leather (which of course is what the "L" is for), dual DVD option, 1yr sirus radio and 1yr sirus tv, (no NAV), Power third row option which I didnt care about but happen to be in the van I liked. Sticker of 35,015 was after that minus 1,100 tech credit for the same few options already mentioned in this post. Seems thats more common than I thought.
    Anyway heres what I paid. Insentives totaled 3,250. My total out of pocket was 2,500 and my payments are 385 for 36 months with 15,000mpy. They also are making my last 4 payments on my 08caravan which totaled 1,300.
    I could have paid 10 more a month for the nav but I already have a portable one so even though 10 more a month wasnt much I felt it was a waste of 360 to do so. On the van with the nav I would have lost that thord row power stow seat. Not that I cared about that option but point being is that the price of the van didnt change much and I would have basically paid 10 more a month (360) for the same priced sticker.
    I think over all in the end it was a pretty good deal. Two other dealers I went to. First one couldnt come close at all and the second was better than the first but still unable or unwilling to beat or even mach the deal I had and that was after going back there with the deal.
  • huskie13huskie13 Posts: 9
    We just leased a new 2011 Limited last night. my wife has the paper work so this is from memory, but the important part is at the end.
    after a long and fun negotiation we got to the following deal.
    MSRP $39,495 Sales price $36,181 ~ $1,000 under invoice

They gave us an extra $1000 for our trade then they wanted to. we traded in an 08 Mazda CX9 with 3 months left on lease. the buyout for the lease was $20,995 they gave us $23,000. the car was a little rough also

the residual on the lease was 48% on 10k miles
    and the money factor APR was .77
    with taxes title and incentives
    we put $2,500 down and are at $430 per month.
  • jensen3jensen3 Posts: 35
    My lease is up the first week of June, so I'm closing in on my deadline to make a deal on a new one. I've pretty much decided to go with a T&C-L with a sticker price of $36,075.

I'd like to lease again... so, I'm wondering if you can give me an idea of what to expect when I go in to negotiate. What kind of prices are you paying with that sticker price as a starting point? What are you getting for residuals on a 10K lease and what kind of APR should I expect?

Any information you can share would be most appreciated!!!!
  • tolcorptolcorp Posts: 6
    I am getting the following offer for a touring with NAV.
    39 mos 10k for$298/mos w/$2500 out of pocket. Is this a good deal?
  • fleonfleon Posts: 7
    It's a great!!!
    Sounds similar to the deal I was offered yesterday

$328/month (does not include taxes and license)
    Touring-L, no extra options except red paint, Sticker of $33,385
    10k Miles, 39 Months
    49% residual and 0.70% interest rate
    $0 down

They said I was getting $2,750 in factory incentives... I do have an email that I received a few weeks back that will give me an additional $500 in incentives... which I am saving until I'm sure this is their best offer.

Any thoughts?
    Finalized my deal. I ended up getting the Touring-L with Nav (430N) & DVD (2 screens) MSRP was around $34K-35K. I think the incentives were $2500. I did not qualify for the loyalty incentive.

39/mos; 10K/yr
    Out of pocket: 1st Mos, Acq fee, bank fee, taxes (NY taxes), DMV (transfer plates) = $3000
    Lease: 338/mos.

I think this is a decent deal. Anyone got anything better?
    That's a GREAT deal! I'm going back and negotiating some more because I really wanted that model with the DVD, but didn't want to spend the extra cash.

May I ask how much of the $3,000 OOP was Aquisition fees? I'm curious what other people are paying for that - just to compare if my dealership is marking that up.

I'm trying to work my deal so that I pay $0 OOP and still keep the payment around $330/month.
    OMG! Where did the loyalty incentive go? I went online yesterday and contacted a few dealers... one of them told me that there is no loyatly incentive right now. Isn't there always a loyalty incentive? Or did they discontinue it... I know it was there a few days ago, but now I cannot find it anywhere online.
    edited May 2011
    Sacrifice 1 screen if you can. Most don't really need two. I took down payments to $300 per month with $2500 down. 12k per year. NAV and the bells and whistles. They took down the cost of the car by $3500. MSRP $34k down to $30.5k.
    Acquisition fee was $895
    So apparently this was through hans financials that had a $450 deposition fee at the end of the lease. I went with Ally financials without hte deposition fee and paid $10 more /mos. It came out to $438
  • fleonfleon Posts: 7
    Hi Jensen3,

The acquisition fees for Ally 795 and disposal fee 0 on all GM vehicle. I think Chrysler are same. Us bank normally charge 395 for disposition fee. The residual % with Ally bank may be a point lower that's why payment higher and us bank may be 1% higher. If you have a IPhone you can figures this lease by download app BuyLease. GM sales person
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,652
    Just be careful... while no disposition fee, Ally has been adding a $2500 purchase option fee to their leases....

That's right.... If you want to buy the car at lease end, they charge an extra $2500 over the residual.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

"That's right.... If you want to buy the car at lease end, they charge an extra $2500 over the residual." Is that even legal? I need to check my agreement.
    edited May 2011
    Just checked my agreement. There is an early end penalty of up to several thousand dollars but that is typical. Just the residual payment to buy out plus taxes and fees and fees are not defined within the agreement. I don't think they can charge at lease end if you opt to buy. Just my opinion. That would be unethical.
    I'd totally sacrafice 1 screen, but they don't offer 1 screen on the Touring-L.

I don't even want the "L" because I don't really care for the leather, but I do like the window screens and autostart and back-up camera which come standard on the "L", but are options on the regular Touring. So, by the time you add those options, you are paying for the "L" anyway.

I honestly feel like I'm getting hosed on this deal!!!
    Thanks for that info. Someone also quoted me Chrysler Protection on my lease for $795... what's that?
This discussion has been closed.