Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Town & Country Lease Questions

Comments

• berrisj1berrisj1 Posts: 8
    Never used a broker before, but had friends getting a good deal over the years with a local guy.

2012 T&C Limited. No additional options. 12K miles. 36 Months. $364.54 per month plus $702 due at signing. Vehicle cost on the sheet he gave me is just the MSRP. Unlike when I am at the dealership, there is no discussion of residuals, money factors, employee discounts (I'm in Detorit and everyone has a discount). Financing is through Ally. Best offers I was getting on my own were well into the $400s.

Any comments on my deal or the people's use of a lease broker.
  • fleonfleon Posts: 7
    Because broke get a pieces of the pie from your purchase. I recommend you download the ibuy/lease app to the Iphone and figure it out yourself. You need to find out the residual% , cap cost reduction(rebate on lease) and APR if lease by Ally Bank. You also can convert APR to MF by divide the Apr% by 2400 the result will be MF. I suggest just go ti your local deal and give them a chance.
  • I am leaving in detroit . which dealership is this . Please let me know.
  • jenkay1jenkay1 Posts: 5
    Trying to figure out if there is any way out of the Ally $2500 purchase option fee, dealer says it has to be on there, no option. Another dealer told me differently but I never sat with their finance folks so who knows what they would have said. (The car residuals were different between the dealers by $1000, higher residual buy out for the one that said no $2500 buy out fee.) I don't plan to buy the vehicle but really don't want that $2500 buy out clause on the contract.

Making this deal was more frustrating than most and still not where I wanted to be but think I'm done for now and will sign this week, dealer also had to get veh from downstate, only 1 of 2 left like it in 300 miles. My second time leasing, have tried to learn as much as possible, went to 4 dealers, one wouldn't deal at all. Others were negotiable to a point then things seem to get nasty, had to walk out on one deal.

34,125 Touring L
    No money down other than first month payment $374 and registration $200, no disposition fee but lease does have the $2500 purchase buy out clause.

They are buying out my 2010 Rav4 Limited from Toyota lease which they'll make some money on because mileage is little low but only 2 of 4 dealers were willing to do this, 4 payment left other dealers wanted to roll payments in and I said no way.

Please let me know if you have any info on the buy out clause or what you think of deal.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi jenkay1. For some strange reason, Ally has been including that $2,500 purchase option fee on every vehicle that it leases. I highly doubt that dealers have the authority to alter this clause or that you will be able to get Ally to change it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Im new the this forum and this is my first lease. and also got a trade in so need some help for the math.
    im going to trade my old car in and they offer 21500. and my loan 24500. which 3000 short.
    i got offer for the 2012 chrylser town and country base model. msrp 30090.
    and the lease is 15000mile/yr. 3881down + 390/mo. 39month lease. this deal added the trade in 3000 short already. is this a good deal or not?

Thanks
  • jim1462jim1462 Posts: 40
    Mr. Host, Would you provide the current Money Factor and residual for a Touring and Touring L. Also applicable available incentives. Thanks
  • Hi jim1462. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Chrysler Town & Country Touring with 15,000 miles per year are 1.8% and 48%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 Town & Country Touring L are 0.2% and 47%.

There is a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of this van in most regions.

Car_man
    Host
  • I'm in the market for a Odyssey, Sienna or Town & Country/GrCaravan. The Sienna/Odyssey boards are quite active. This one is very quiet. If I got a T&C/GrCaravan I'm mostly interested in the Touring or SXT. Any recent deals?
  • I'm 4 month into my T&C Touring L lease and of all the vehicles I've ever owned it is my favorite. I shopped all the vans. Not sure about deals right now and I will say the T&C does not have the super refined engine of the Honda or Toyota but it more than makes up for it with everything else, it has so many amenities (keyless, dvd, heated seats and steering wheel, automatic wipers/lights, sensors all around the vehicle, goes on and on), and is the most comfortable vehicle I've ever been in. I have bad arthritis so comfort was key for me when shopping. My two girls love the space and all it has to offer, you just can't get all the extras with Honda and Toyota for a reasonable price. The other thing that sold us was the look of the interior it is so beautiful in comparison to the other two. We have the black interior. So we purchased based on comfort, amenities, and look and are very happy. Love the heated steering wheel! Good luck with your shopping. As far as deals go I almost purchased with one dealer and then had a bit of a falling out with them, took the final deal to another dealer and just said this is what I want, yes or no and they said ok.
  • fredm6fredm6 Posts: 51
    I totally agree. I am now on my fourth T&C. Have a 2011 with all the amenities. I love the "stow and go" , which Toyota and Honda do not have.
    I love the handling and all the features. I have the package with lane warning , automatic headlight dimmer, They work very well. I have had mine now about 14 months and no problems. Also have the black exterior with black interior. I also agree it is difficult to get a good deal with Honda and Toyota. Also love the comfort of the driving position. My U connect works better than my wife's Lexus. It even reads my text messages to me. The information display is the best I have ever had. Very readable and gives so much information. I also use the digital speedometer some.
  • mick0016mick0016 Posts: 6
    edited January 2013
    For anyone interested, with the supplier discount, the lease price on a Town and Country base with NAV was $310 a month (includes taxes). I have to pay $500 up front for the first payment, doc fees, plate transfer, etc. 12,000 Miles Per Year, 3 year lease. I'm in the Detroit area.

Considering I was quoted $445 for a Nissan Quest with Leather & DVD and $504 a month for a Honda Odyssey with Leather and RES this month as well, Chrysler is really smoking the competition with respect to lease pricing.
    That is a great quote for a Town and Country with nav. I would jump on this. All the Town and Country vans now have leather as standard equipment. I have the T&C 2011 and love it. This is my fourth and the best one yet. I love the stow and go. None of the others have it. I could never deal with Honda or Toyota. The $500 up front is not bad since it includes the first months payment. My wife just leased a car with the first months payment free, but paid $250 in doc fees, plate, transfer etc. That is about normal.
  • krikiterkrikiter Posts: 6
    edited April 2013
    Hello Car_man,
    Do you have the current lease terms for a 2013 T&C Touring L package for both USB and Ally? I'm looking for 36 months at 12K per year.
    Thanks in advance.
    Hi krikiter. I have seen the lease program for this van through Ally and the new Chrysler Capital. I haven't seen the numbers from US Bank. Next month I think that all special leases for Chrysler will go through Chrysler Capital.

Chrysler Capital's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Town & Country Touring L with 12,000 miles per year are .00069 and 57%.

The Ally numbers for this model are 1.65% and 55% (lease rate instead of a money factor).

There is a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of this van in most areas, it's slightly higher than that in a few.

Car_man
    Host
  • wassctwassct Posts: 2
    Is the lease program info the same in May as April? Trying to calc my lease payment based on my purchase price and don't want to be too far off.

Thanks!
    Yes, wassct, the Chrysler Capitol lease program for this model is the same in May as it was in April.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car man,

Live in Long Island, NY. Received a quote for a 2013 Town and Country Limited with Luxury Option (29x) package. MSRP of $42,785. 24 month through Chrysler Capital -- 10,000 miles, sign and drive (first payment, DMV of roughly $250, and tax on rebates -- total up-front out-of-pocket of roughly $850. Taxes rolled into lease. Monthly payment is $395/month. Good deal or not?

Thanks.
    Hi papajuice1. Do you know what this van's selling price is? That would make it easier to evaluate this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    I have not leased since March of 2011, so am not familiar with current prices. I had a lot of rebates and incentives totaling over $4,000. My lease is for 12,000 miles, and three years (36 months). MSRP was about $38,000 at that time. My monthly payment is $414 per month. I only paid document and title fees up front. No cap cost reduction. Monthly payment includes state tax. Ohio only charges tax on the monthly payment, not the total price of the vehicle. Your deal does not sound bad considering you are getting a much more expensive vehicle. Hard to compare, since mine was for 36 months and yours is for 24. Are there any good rebates and incentives now???