Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Town & Country Lease Questions

Comments

• darthkendarthken Posts: 28
    Thanks Car_man! Got my van this weekend. They tried to bake an extra 1% into the MF but thanks to your info, I got it removed. Much appreciated.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    You're very welcome, darthken. Enjoy your new van!

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • pat86pat86 Posts: 7
    Hi:
    I am looking to lease 2006 T&C with the below specs:
    2006 Chrysler Town & Country Front-wheel Drive SWB Passenger Van Base
    Options:
    - Engine: 3.3L V6 OHV
    - Transmission: 4-Speed Automatic
    - Quick Order Package 28F
    - Tires: P215/70R15 BSW AS
    - Wheels: 15 in. x 6.5 in. Steel
    - Cloth Low-Back Bucket Seats
    - Deluxe Bench Seats w/Rear Bench
    - 3.62 Axle Ratio
    - Monotone Paint Application
    - Normal Duty Suspension
    - Customer Rebate Expires 03/31/06
    - Radio: AM/FM Cassette w/Compact Disc
    - 6 Speakers
    - Air Conditioning w/Dual Zone Temperature Control
    - Overhead Ash Tray/Cupholder Lamp
    - Overhead Console
    - Trip Computer
    - Power Heated Fold-Away Mirrors
    - Exterior Mirrors w/Heating Element
    - Roof Rack
    - Illuminated Sun Visor Vanity Mirrors
    - Universal Garage Door Opener
    - Popular Equipment Group 1
    - Anti-Lock Brakes
    - Right Power Sliding Door
    - Engine Block Heater

Any recommendations on dealers in Northern NJ? I don't have any good deals as of today. The best deal so far uses 38% residual value (36 months lease), which is not good % according to the posts here. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
  • fredg5fredg5 Posts: 4
    Hey CarMan - you're really the best for answering all these questions!

Can you answer one for me? I'm looking at a Town & Country Limited for 15k miles, 36 months in the Philadelphia area. What kind of money factor and residual should I be expecting?

Thanks!
    fredg5
  • fredg5fredg5 Posts: 4
    My dealer gave me a quote of 27 months, 54% residual, and a .00148 Money factor with a payment of $503 on a Town & Country Limited with an MSRP of 38500, with a cap cost of 31194. He said payments on 36 month are actually higher, at $527. How does that sound?
  • leecurrieleecurrie Posts: 15
    This site has been helpful, so I wanted to post what I have been offered in the Twin Cities (MN) for others' benefit as well as ask a question:

1. 2006 T&C Touring, no extra options
    2. 27 Months
    3. 12,000 miles per annum
    4. 0 out of pocket
    5. $317 per month

I think it is a decent deal because 2 of the seven dealers who had been trying to win the deal both dropped out when they heard that offer and told me to take it.

My question is: Can I/Should I negotiate the end of lease purchase price before I sign? I believe they base that price off of the MSRP, but the price I have negotiated is thousands less.

Thank you
    Thanks fredg5. It's definitely very time consuming :surprise: :) . If you were to lease a 2006 Chrysler Town & Country Limited through DaimlerChrysler Financial right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00222 and 45%, respectively. When negotiaging your lease on this car, make sure to take the total of $4,500 in cash incentives that are available on leases of it right now into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • woodhoutwoodhout Posts: 3
    Car_man,

Can you please verify a lease payment, residual, and money factor for me? I used the Lease Calculator here at Edmunds.com and came up with a payment different from my dealer's, using the same numbers, by about $30/month (Dealer = 399/month - Mine = 358). The only thing that I did that maybe I shouldn't have was leave the "title, registration, other costs" blank as I will take care of title and registration at the DMV myself and the dealer said there were no other fees other than what I have below. I appreciate your assisstance:

MSRP: 33965
    Selling Price: 30178
    Rebate: 4500
    State Tax: 6%
    Term: 27 months
    Money Factor: 0.00221
    Miles: 12K/year
    Acquistion Fee: 500
    Security: 0

Also, I see in posting #27 that the money factor was 0.00148. Do you know if that's still being offered?

Thank You
  • xogradyxogrady Posts: 19
    I had heard there were great lease incentives for 27 months on the Touring model with Leather and DVD. Does anyone have the particulars for May? Tks.
    I'd be happy to help you out, woodhout. I am not sure, but I believe that the Town & Country Spring Edition has the same lease program as the Ttouring model. If you were to lease a 2006 Chrysler Town & Country touring 2WD through Chrysler Financial right now for 30 months (I have not seen its 27 month lease program) with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00175 and 53%, respectively. Using these numbers, an MSRP of $33,965, and a selling price of $25,678(#30,178 - $4,500), I estimate that this van should have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $333.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi xogrady. I haven't seen this van's 27 month lease program, but I have seen its 30 month program which should be fairly similar. If you were to lease a 2006 Chrysler Town & Country Touring 2WD through Chrysler Financial right now for 30 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00175 and 51%, respectively. when negotiating your lease on this van, make sure to take the $4,000 lease cash and $500 dealer cash that are currently available on it into account. These incentives will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_Man,

thanks for the info. you guys are the greatest. WIll post the feedback i get from dealers this week.

Xogrady.
  • bennett4bennett4 Posts: 11
    Hi. I have 7 lease payments left on a Pacifica (CFC)that I'd like to get out of now and replace it with a T&C Touring. I don't want to pay any of the remaining lease payments and want to start out fresh on the new veh. I'm looking for 36 months, zero down, 15K, tax (8.75) incl in payment. Question is, what's the status of the "pull ahead" program? Should I wait until the lease is up on the Pac (needs tires, brakes soon, mileage is ok)? Does DCX have a great program on the T&C right now and do you think it will improve this summer? Many thanks.
    Hey Car_Man,

Tried to close a deal before the end of May but had some very reluctant dealers with their pricing. Any chance the $4000 cash is going to remain for June? do they still have special Touring package with the 29S option going?

Tks,
    Xogrady
  • mellismellis Posts: 150
    I'd appreciate an update on the "pull ahead" program as well. Car_Man?
    You're very welcome, Xogrady.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Xogrady. Yes, the $4,000 lease cash that DaimlerChrysler was providing on long wheel base Chrysler Town & Country models was edtended for the month of June.

Car_man
    Host
    I haven't seen any information on DaimlerChrysler's lease pull ahead program in a while. I'll take a look around and see if I can find anything out.

Car_man
    Host
  • arrosenarrosen Posts: 20
    Hi Car Man

Can you tell me the Residual and MF for a Chrysler T&C Touring 12K and 15K miles? This is for the Los Angeles area. Also, can you tell me the same info for the Dodge Caravan SXT?

Thanks!
  • arrosenarrosen Posts: 20
    For the above, I am interested in 36, 30 and 27 months...They seem to have a leasing dealgoing on now for 27 months

Thanks