Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Town & Country Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi xogrady. I haven't seen this van's 27 month lease program, but I have seen its 30 month program which should be fairly similar. If you were to lease a 2006 Chrysler Town & Country Touring 2WD through Chrysler Financial right now for 30 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00175 and 51%, respectively. when negotiating your lease on this van, make sure to take the $4,000 lease cash and $500 dealer cash that are currently available on it into account. These incentives will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • xogradyxogrady Posts: 19
    Car_Man,

thanks for the info. you guys are the greatest. WIll post the feedback i get from dealers this week.

Xogrady.
  • bennett4bennett4 Posts: 11
    Hi. I have 7 lease payments left on a Pacifica (CFC)that I'd like to get out of now and replace it with a T&C Touring. I don't want to pay any of the remaining lease payments and want to start out fresh on the new veh. I'm looking for 36 months, zero down, 15K, tax (8.75) incl in payment. Question is, what's the status of the "pull ahead" program? Should I wait until the lease is up on the Pac (needs tires, brakes soon, mileage is ok)? Does DCX have a great program on the T&C right now and do you think it will improve this summer? Many thanks.
  • xogradyxogrady Posts: 19
    Hey Car_Man,

Tried to close a deal before the end of May but had some very reluctant dealers with their pricing. Any chance the $4000 cash is going to remain for June? do they still have special Touring package with the 29S option going?

Tks,
    Xogrady
  • mellismellis Posts: 150
    I'd appreciate an update on the "pull ahead" program as well. Car_Man?
    You're very welcome, Xogrady.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Xogrady. Yes, the $4,000 lease cash that DaimlerChrysler was providing on long wheel base Chrysler Town & Country models was edtended for the month of June.

Car_man
    Host
    I haven't seen any information on DaimlerChrysler's lease pull ahead program in a while. I'll take a look around and see if I can find anything out.

Car_man
    Host
  • arrosenarrosen Posts: 20
    Hi Car Man

Can you tell me the Residual and MF for a Chrysler T&C Touring 12K and 15K miles? This is for the Los Angeles area. Also, can you tell me the same info for the Dodge Caravan SXT?

Thanks!
    For the above, I am interested in 36, 30 and 27 months...They seem to have a leasing dealgoing on now for 27 months

Thanks
  • sm123sm123 Posts: 1
    Hi,

Can someone tell me if the lease incentives provided by Chrysler are any different currently from what they were in March?

What would be a good price for a T&C Touring edition for a 12K/yr lease for 27 months? Please let me know. Thanks for your help.
  • r2k2d2r2k2d2 Posts: 1
    Hey everyone, I have some questions about a T&C lease. I heard some people talking about getting a Town and Country Lease for $125/month for 27 months. What is this lease? Where can I get it? any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Raj
    Hi arrosen. This van's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease, since this is probably the most common lease term. Let me know if you want a different length lease. If you were to lease a 2006 Chrysler Town & Country touring through Chrysler Financial right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00150 and 45%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT are .00096 and 42%. When negotiating your lease on either of these vans keep in mind that DaimlerChrysler is allowing everyone to purchase them through its Employee Purchase Program this month (essentially dealer invoice - holdback) and that there is $2,500 lease cash on them.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hello sm123. DiamlerChrysler's incentives on the 2006 Town & Country are very different right now than they were in March. Consumers who lease an '06 Chrysler Town & Country right now receive $2,500 lease cash and the ability to buy it at DaimlerChrysler's Employee Purchase Progam Price, which essentially amounts to dealer invoice minus holdback. I don't know that DaimlerChrysler's exact employee price is for the exact van that you mentioned, but you should be able to find out by calling a few dealers. Negotiations should be easy this month with the special fixed price.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    I just picked up a 2006 T&C Touring with the Spring Special Package.

MSRP = 32,730.00
    Employee Disc = (3,102.00)
    Dealer Disc = (1,169.78)
    Rebate = (2,500)
    Total Price = 25,958.22 + Tax

(Note that the dealer discount was actually $1,869.78...they covered the $700 acquisition fee.)

I leased on a 39 month 15K lease. Paid $800 up front (first month & DMV fees).

Residual = 44%
    MF = .00161
    Monthly Pymt = $361.33 + Tax

Note that the MF may be a tad higher than published rates. The published rate is .0015, which would have made my monthly $5 less. If I pushed them on the MF, they probably would have reduced their $1169 contribution by an equal amount. I am still VERY happy with this deal.

This was done at Power Chrysler in Valencia, CA, and it was all negotiated up front via email.
  • dans2dans2 Posts: 9
    Just picked up a T&C Touring with Leather + Luxury Package for $330/mo on a 27 mo lease, 12k/yr with $800 down.

They were offering a Limited with GPS for $40 more per month.
  • lease1lease1 Posts: 2
    dans2, where did you find that lease deal, best I can find for t&c touring, msrp $34,135 (leather, dvd, supp. air bags) is 39 months, 12k miles per year, $1,000 down, $350 per month + tax.
  • dans2dans2 Posts: 9
    This was at Birmingham Chrysler/Jeep in Troy MI, but got similar rates at the other local dealers.

We were offered similar rates as what you listed on the 3 year lease -- for some reason the 27 month lease was cheaper.

Our MSRP was just over 33k, no DVD on our van.
  • I would like to lease a 2006 T&C Touring that has an MSRP of 28,200 with 12k/year for 24 or 27 months (whichever is the best deal). Rebates in Michigan are $4,000 right now (in October). What should this cost me as 1) one time single payment lease or 2) a monthly lease? Would I be better off waiting for the 2007 model given the higher residual?
  • Greetings steve115. I would be happy to estimate what your lease payment should be on this van for you. However in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its selling price. You may be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for it by visiting the following discussion: "Chrysler Town & Country: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". If not, just let me know its dealer invoice price and I can make an assumption about the amount over invoice that you will have to pay. You can find the invoice price by visiting the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing.

While I haven't calculated lease payments on both, I suspect that the 2006 Town & Country will still be cheaper to lease than a similar 2007 model. I can always calculate a lease payment on a similar '07 model if you provide me with pricing info for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Thanks for offering to help, Car_man. This lease stuff is new to me. Here's the prices I found:

Invoice for 2006: 26,533(includes dest) less 4,000 rebate
    Invoice for 2007: 26,645(includes dest) less 2,000 rebate

Add 6% Michigan sales tax to both.

Thanks again,
    Steve115
  • Hi Car_Man, I am looking to lease a 2006 T&C Base. MSRP is 29,985 and negociated cap cost is $14900. Could you please give me the residual and the money factor and corresponding payment for a 0-down lease please? I am looking at 27 months but would also consider 24 or 36 - I think they have a deal on the 27 right now?
  • You're very welcome, Steve115. OK, according to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Chrysler Town & Country Touring with an MSRP of $28,200 and a selling price of $22,533 ($26,533 selling price minus $4,000 lease cash) through Chrysler Financial right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $364. I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on the 2007 model that you are interested in as well, but you never mentioned its MSRP.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hey kfranci2. Did you say that you negotiated a cap cost of $14,900 on a Town & Country that has an MSRP of $29,985?!?! Something's not right here. Did you make a typo and mean $24,900? Perhaps you are making a large down payment on your lease. If so, you would be better off leasing this van with no down payment. I always advise community members against making large down payments on leased vehicles. The main reason why I do so is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered during your lease your down payment essentially disappears. You can even do a zero down lease even when you are trading in your current vehicle by having the dealer cut you a check for your trade rather than using the proceeds from it as a capitalized cost reduction for your lease.

Here's the information on this van's lease program that you are looking for. Chrysler Financial's current 24 month buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a long wheel base 2006 Chrysler Town & Country LX with 15,000 miles per year are an amazingly low .00001 and 46%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00067 and 39%. When negotiating your lease on this van, make sure to take the $4,000 lease cash that is currently available on it into account. Also, there is an additional $1,000 bonus for models that have been in dealer inventory since April 1st or earlier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Thanks for the info on the 2006, Car_man. Regarding the 2007, the MSRP on the T&C Touring is 28,820. It is a good thing I waited - according to the Chrysler web site, the lease cash rebate on the 2007 has been increased from 2,000 to 3,500 this month. So the invoice less rebate would make the negotiated a cap cost about 23,145. Can you tell me what the monthly payment is with zero down? Also, what would the money factor and residual value is on the 2007?
  • I live in White Lake, Michigan and we are ready to lease for the first time ever. I've read up on Edmunds to try to get informed about leases. I believe a Pacifica or Town & Country Touring would be good for our family of 5, however, the dealers are discouraging the Pacifica because they said it is more expensive to lease. (Our budge is very tight, which is why we chose a lease over purchase). I have been doing all communication thus far via e-mail and telephone, it seems sales people dislike this very much, they all want me to "come in for a test drive," before they gave me numbers. I was attempting to find a lease on 2006 Pacificas or Town & Country Touring, but am being told they have none available. I have managed to get some info, and what seems to be the best offer is from Rochester Chrysler for a 27 month lease on a 2007 Town & Country Touring with 10,500 miles, (should be sufficient), for $255.61/month with total due at signing of $568.11; and this offer is only good if I can find someone to give me an EC number. I do have a 1996 Ford F150 conversion van, fair condition, with 119,000 miles to trade in, but just over the phone, they seem to offer about $500. Very few sales people want to give me the vehicle sales price, MF, lease residual, etc., they act insulted when I ask.

Questions:
    1. Is this offer a good one?
    2. Does anyone know of an excellent dealer and salesperson in the Detroit area?
    3. Is the Town & Country Touring the route to go, (I dislike very much driving the full-size conversion van, it is very hard for me still after 6 years).
    4. Should I take just $500 for a trade-in?
    5. Do you know where I can get an EC number?
    6. Am I doing the right thing?

Sorry about this, as you can see, I am a novoice and want to be comfortable with our final decision.
  • Mangin, your experience is very similar to mine. I live in the metro Detroit area too and I don’t happen to work for one of the Big-3 and I don’t have family member that does. When I walk into a domestic dealership the first question from the salesman is “are you a GM/Ford/Chrysler (obviously dependent on the dealership) employee?”. A no answer brings a pause, then “can you get a friends & family, EC number (or whatever) discount?”. If the answer is still no, this brings a very uncomfortable pause because they know that the price they will give you will be hundreds (if lease) or thousands (if buy) higher than what you have seen advertised 24/7 on TV and newspapers in the area. You feel like you walked into a county club that you are not a member of. The so-called lease-loyalty is another one that Chrysler dealers ask for. If you don’t have it, it will cost you another $42 dollars per month for the new lease. Doesn’t Chrysler want customers that currently drive competitor products? Do they have to pay customers to stay with them?

When you walk into a Toyota, Honda, or Nissan dealership, the lease price is the same as advertised on TV and on the net. The purchase price is often less. Is it any wonder that the Big-3 are losing market share? If the Big-3 want to take back market share, they should take the free lease cars and discount programs away from the executives and let them shop for car like the rest of us. Things would change in a hurry. Sorry I could not answer any of your questions but you might feel better knowing you are not alone in being asked by a dealer to find an "EC" number.
  • Vow, that's a pretty amazing deal. When I first read it, I thought of hopping on the next flight to Michigan ... until I read Steve's followup.

If could get this deal in Southern California, I would jump at it. Am posting my request separately. Would greatly appreciate if someone was to provide some guidance.

Thanks.
  • Apologies for duplicate posting. It's beer over an hour since my posting, and the message has still not posted.

I work for a local company, and we are trying to negotiate the best deal on three T&C minivans. Our company allowance is $250 per month, and if the employee wants to pay for add'l options, they pay the rest from their pockets.

I'd thought it would be a slam-dunk, given that there's plenty of '06 inventory left over. But it seems Chrysler is just not motivated to move these minivans. They have even lowered the rebate from $7,500 to $4,500.

We are looking for two "base" touring packages, and one "spring edition" (touring plus DVD, leather seats, sunroof). We are trying to obtain the following terms:

$1,000 total drive-off
    $250/mo (touring) or $300/mo (spring edition)
    15,000 miles per year
    24-27 months lease (ideal). Will consider 36 months

Is this possible? Please advise.
    Thanks.
  • I am looking at a '07 T/C Sig Series and wondering what best lease options were.
    MSRP is $33,635 and salesman said, they would move directly to Invoice price, as they had vehicles they needed to move...but does that apply to Leasing, too? They were pretty busy Saturday, and said they would draw up the numbers and call me, as they know I am a captive audience. We are leasing a Pilot, and though nice, need more space. It comes due in 2 weeks, and we are turning it back in. Odysssey is nice, but is too much money for me to buy. Only need somehting for 3 years and kids are out of school, and we can go back to smaller again. We are looking at 36 months and think we will need 15k miles/yr, as we will be on the road quite often for boy's sporting events.

We are looking at min down, and there is the $3500 rebate to use, too.
This discussion has been closed.