Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Town & Country Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi CarMan,

Dealer selling price for the car with an MSRP of $42,785 is $33,200.

Thanks again,

Papajuice
  • How did you get such a low price? Can you please list the incentives?
  • paperboycccpaperboyccc Posts: 67
    edited June 2013
    I leased the vehicle today in So. Cal:

Touring-L w/ UConnect 730N, Ent Group #2 & Driver Convenience Group

MSRP: $36,015
    Selling Price: $32,477
    Incentives: $3000 ($1000 conquest, $2000 Chrysler advertised national program)
    Cash Due at Signing: $1000 (first month's payment, registration, etc)

Lease terms: 36mo / 12K mi/yr
    Residual: 57% (through Chrysler Capital)
    Money Factor: 0.00069 (1.656% interest)
    Monthly payment before tax: $299.94

Rebate to be received from Edmunds deal: $1000 (making this a true no cash due at signing lease)
  • lefeenklefeenk Posts: 2
    Can you tell me which dealership you got this lease at, here in So Cal?
  • paperboycccpaperboyccc Posts: 67
    edited July 2013
    Cerritos Dodge. They claimed the offer was good until the end of the quarter only but they do still have similar pricing on their website for the selling price.

To get the edmunds rebate you need to browse mini vans on edmunds and then click the chrysler Ad.
  • Chrysler Capital Info for JULY 2013

Here is the Touring - L Residual and money factor for 24/36/39 (the best deal is the 24 months deal).

DO NOT LET ANY DEALER TRICK YOU INTO THINKING OTHERWISE. THEY MAKE MONEY BY EXTENDING THE CONTRACT AND MARKING UP THE MONEY FACTOR (WHICH CHRYSLER CAPITAL ALLOWS).

Residuals:
    66% = 24 months
    55% = 36 months
    53% = 39 months

Money Factor:
    24 Months: Tier 1 and Tier 2 = .00022 and Tier 3 is .00074 (Markup of .00042 allowed)
    36 Months: Tier 1 and Tier 2 = .00015 and Tier 3 is .00067 (Markup of .00042 allowed)

Be very Careful. Dealers ALWAYS markup the money factor, ALWAYS. Any dealer tells you they dont, is a liar. Also, be careful on the tier they say you were approved for. If your score meets the tier 1 or tier 2 requirement, then you are that tier, do not let them tell you otherwise

FACT: Tier levels are NOT based on whats on your credit profile, its based on your AUTO ENHANCED FICO SCORE. That is not to say that you can get approved with a high score (being approved to begin with is based on score, your entire credit profile, income, debt, the car you want and so forth) but once you are approved, your tier level is SOLELY BASED ON SCORE, NOTHING ELSE. If they say you are approved, demand to see your scores (dealerships in certain states have no choice but to show you your report, which comes with your score as well).

Go in prepared with this info. With that said, do not let them know you know any of this info until after you are approved (many dealerships will run your credit and then tell you that you were denied. Why you ask? Well if they cant make enough money on a brand new car that they only had for a month, they will rather take their chances with someone else. There are many suckers out there). Be nice and discreet. If they come back with something that is pricier than what you believe it should be, then ask nicely to see the report and score they pulled up. If they deny you, leave the dealership. Also, remember, if you are approved with chrysler capital at one dealership, THEN YOU ARE APPROVED FOR THAT VEHICLE AT ALL DEALERSHIPS.

Hope this helps.
  • cro372cro372 Posts: 10
    Thanks for all the numbers. Are these national or regional numbers? Also, how did you come across them? Thanks!
  • rupst2rupst2 Posts: 1
    Is conquest cash really dead on town and country? Everything I've seen online says expires 1/2014. Dealer told me expired 7/9 and they couldn't get it to show up as and option in the computer when quoting me and IDL lease.
  • sach5sach5 Posts: 4
    Hi,

I always appreciate the posts on actual transactions. Here's mine:

2013 T&C Touring L with convenience, nav, 3rd row dvd, sunroof
    MSRP $38255
    39mo/39k miles .15 per additional mile
    Sell price $26,500 (includes dealer discounts and $9250 in rebates)
    Plus taxes, titles, fees, sales tax, registration, title...all in.
    $340 per month...just first month out the door.
  • homerrulezhomerrulez Posts: 5
    edited August 2013
    holy shoot sach5 that is rape city. Dealer raped you price wise

what was you credit tier based on....tier 5? Jebus!

I got a 30k sale price 2 months ago and my monthly is 270 and thats with nothing but first month, taxes and dmv fee out of pocket. Im also at 10k per year.

you my friend were taken to the back of the dealership and tricked into one of the worst deals ever know. How any person with a sale price that includes nearly 12k in rebates and discounts, gets a payment at 340

did you trade in negative equity of about 5k or something? Jebus, thats a rip off. That dealership is actually getting 4-5k EXTRA PROFIT, BASED ON THE MONTHLY PAYMENT.

WOW!
    Hi,

I'm not so unhappy with the deal. I got a $38k MSRP car for $320/mo plus sales tax runs it up to $340/mo. The residual is $17k at buyout. Just 39 payments. No other money involved.
    Hi,

I ended up renegotiating the deal slightly. I worked through a different bank. Final figures:
    MSRP $38,255
    15k miles per year (25 cents/mi over)
    Residual at $15,400 (plus $400 disposition)
    39 payments of $326 (plus sales tax)
    License, title, fees included
    No other cash

Another data point for you all. Good luck.
  • Anyone get the Edmunds rebate yet? We leased on 7/30/13 and submitted the rebate to Chrysler on 8/7/13. You have up to 30 days after the purchase or lease date to submit. The website still says it's pending. Anyone else waiting this long?
  • I leased on 6/29/13. They claim to have received it on 7/11/13 and it still says pending.
  • Hey according to new Ally lease documents I see on the 'net. They appear to be official training documents for dealers, it looks like Ally has DROPPED the $2500 purchase option fee that they previously tacked on to the residual value. For some reason they still charge the $2500 on Mitsubishi vehicles, but not on anything else.

Can anyone who has signed a recent Ally lease deal confirm this?

Since Ally is no longer (apparently) charging the purchase option fee, are they waiving it on leases signed 2-3 yrs ago?
  • I just signed a lease yesterday and there appears to be a $350 purchase option fee. My lease was for a 2014 Chrysler T&C.
  • Great post.... Thank you.

I'm looking to lease in the next week or two. Can anyone share the current list of residual values and money factors for 24 and 36 months. I'm looking at the base Town and Country Touring.

Thanks in advance!!!
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,881
    2014 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 36mo, 15K/yr
    .00020 MF and 53% residual.

24 month numbers are .00039 and 65%

regards,
    kydfx

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• bg1811bg1811 Posts: 5
    edited November 2013
    Carman, can you or someone else put the various lease factors into a formula. I don't understand what you do with the various components of the formula. That is x times x times x etc. thanks. I would appreciate a quick answer, I'm looking for a new vehicle.
  • Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs