Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Ram Pickup Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Dodge Ram Pickup. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• eel14eel14 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man,

I am currently leasing a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport. My lease ends June 1, 2006 and was wondering about some options. My payments are currently $595.50/mo and current lease payoff is $18,959.12 (as of 9/23/05). I am trying to relieve some of my debt (and with gas prices) I would like to lower my truck payments. Should I wait until the lease end and finance the truck for the lease end price $14,156 (closed end lease) or could I try and refinance it now and lower my payments. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi eel14. It is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases before their scheduled end dates. In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive. If you really want to purchase your truck, you will probably be better off waiting until the scheduled end of your current lease to do so. About a month or two before your lease's termination date, place a call to Chrysler Financial (or whichever bank you are leasing through) and see if they will negotiate your trucks' purchase price. there is no guarantee that they will be willing to work with you, more often than not they won't, but you don't have anything to lose by asking.

Car_man
    Host
  • b55140b55140 Member Posts: 7
    Can you please provide the money factor and residual for the truck above? Again, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4 QuadCab Hemi. Let me know if you need further details.

thanks!
  • b55140b55140 Member Posts: 7
    The specific truck I'm looking at has a sticker of $34,660. And I forgot to mention in the first post, I would prefer a 36 mo 15k lease.

Thanks!
    Here's the information that you are looking for, b55140. If you were to lease a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Quad 4WD through Chrysler Financial in October for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00298 and 49%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to keep in mind that DaimlerChrysler is currently providing $5,000 lease cash on it plus it is giving dealers up to another $1,500 dealer cash under the table. The exact amount of dealer cash that is available on this truck will depend upon the number of trucks the dealer that you are working with sells. They will probably be getting $500 to $1,000 dealer cash on top of the lease cash.

Car_man
    Host
  • petey50petey50 Member Posts: 2
    Could you provide current numbers/incentives for an 06 Ram Quad Cab Sport Lease? Thanks.
    Hi petey50. You never mentioned how long you want to lease this truck for, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. If you were to lease a 2006 Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD through Chrysler Financial right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00225 and 51%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $3,000 lease cash and $1,000 bonus cash ($4,000 total) that is available on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • heavyd1heavyd1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone, I am trying to get some info on the Extra Credit Program, I have visited several local dealerships and no one seems to know much about it. I am looking at leasing a 2006 Dodge Ram Quadcab SLT 4wd, Hemi,with Big Horn package, sticker is $35,115. What kind of options could I qualify for under the Extra Credit program with a 740 credit rating?

Deferred and Graduated payments combined? I just graduated college and start my job March 1st so the Deferred and or Graduated payments would be very helpful.

Also what is a good deal for a lease on this truck?

Thank you!
  • heavyd1heavyd1 Member Posts: 2
    A local dealership has a 2006 Ram with a MSRP of $32,830 for lease, $89 per month/27 months, 27,000 miles with $3850 down (this deal also includes $1000 lease loyalty which I would qualify for) Without the lease loyalty reduction they have the lease for $119 per month, all other terms the same.

Would it be reasonable to try to get the $35,115 MSRP truck for around $150 month with all other terms the same?
    Hi heavyd1. You should be able to find out more information about the DaimlerChrysler's recent college grad program by visiting the following site: DaimlerChrysler Extra Credit '06.

I would be happy to give you an idea of what your lease payment should be like on this truck right now if you provide me with an estimated selling price for it, let me know hoe long you want to lease it for, and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it.

Car_man
    Host
  • mazdax605mazdax605 Member Posts: 89
    Hey Car_Man,

Here are the numbers.

2006 Ram 1500 SLT 4.7 litre engine Quad cab 4wd automatic short bed.

$34405 sticker price which is Thunder road package,trailer tow package,premuim power seat,and limited slip axle.

$30625 dealer invoice minus 1% company affiliation discount

$18870 residual which is 53% of sticker before thunder road discount of $1200

-$4500 discount,and lease incentive

$26125 agreed upon price

36 month lease 12K per year

.00137 money factor

$276 per month including 5% sales tax

Or I can get the same truck with the 5.7 litre hemi for $288 a month.Same truck only a higher sticker price($35500).

$1242 down which is 1st,security,DMV,and acquisition fee I believe.

What do you think?I need to know by the end of the month.Thanks in advance.

Chris
    Hey Chris. One percent below dealer invoice minus any available incentives is a great price for this truck. Furthermore, the lease program that you described is in line with Chrysler Financial's current program for this model. If you like the truck, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • petey50petey50 Member Posts: 2
    Looking for updated numbers on an 06 Ram 1500 Quad cab sport for a 24 and 36 month lease with 12K miles per year. I saw a posting for a 24 month lease interest rate for .02% and was wondering if this is something new and legit. Also, are the lease cash incentives still around? How close or even below invoice can I expect?
    Thanks.
  • lfiliplfilip Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car man,

What is going to be a cap cost on this truck. I am getting quotes of 31-33k and it seems like thats very close to msrp. What is the money factor for these leases and the residual on a 36 mth lease? What is a good cap cost to get?

Leo
  • qpmicroqpmicro Member Posts: 6
    I am looking at the following deal for an '06 Laramie Quad Cab 4x2:

MSRP $38250
    Selling Price $34,509
    Minus rebates $5,000
    Add neg equity in current lease $2,100

Final selling price $31,609.
    $1,000 drive-off
    39 month lease with 12,000 miles
    Monthly payment of $570 plus tax

Although the selling price looks like a good deal, the lase money factor seems high (quoted at .0037).

How does the monthly payment look?
    Hello qpmicro. The selling price that you were quoted for this truck looks good to me. However, as you suspected the money factor that you were quoted is way too high. DaimlerChrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of this truck is currently only .00209. Its 39 month money factor is much worse than this though. This might be why the number that you were quoted is so much higher. Go with a 36 month lease and insist that the .00209 factor is used to calculate your truck's lease payment. Using the numbers that you mentioned in your post, an MSRP of $38,250 and a capitalized cost of $31,609 ($34,509 selling price - $5,000 in incentives + $2,100 in negative equity), I estimate that this truck's 36 month, 12,000 mile, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $502.

Car_man
    Host
  • iqbaldhillon2iqbaldhillon2 Member Posts: 116
    I have a friend who has gave me a great deal on a brand new 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab. I'm not sure weather to buy it or not. My friend has an 2004 Ram 1500 he says the truck always needs repairs its not durable. I can't resist this offer. I'm waiting for the 2007 Toyota Tundra or the 2007 Chevy Silverado. Should I buy it.
  • whodat50whodat50 Member Posts: 2
    trying to lease a 06 Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport.

On a 36 month lease, we are being told the current residual is 43% (your forum indicated 53% in April), a money factor of 0.00334 making for an incredibly unattractive lease.

Can anyone tell me if these are really the current rates to lease a Dodge ram?
  • dmaxwellhdmaxwellh Member Posts: 11
    '06 Laramie with all the bells and whistles
    MSRP 42,050
    27 month lease, 27000 miles
    due at delivery: tax on $5500 rebate + 1st month payment = $935
    26 additional payments of $485 including tax
    buyout is $22750
    Hi whodat50. Unfortunately, the money factor that you were quoted for this truck looks about right to me. DaimlerChrysler is not providing much in the way of money factor support on the '06 Ram Pickup right now. Chrysler Financial's latest buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of an '06 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab is .00347. This is equivalent to an interest rate of around 5.6%. If I was in the market for this truck, I personally would not lease it but would finance it or pay cash for it instead.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • ddederddeder Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at leasing a 2006 Dodge RAM 1500 SLT Quad Cab 4x4. The dealer has quoted a MSRP of $33,260 and an Employee price of 28,524 (which is being offered to everyone). There is an additional incentive of $3500 cash back being offered. So the sales price of this vehicle is $25,024. I have a trade-in that will take another $5000 off of this price so the final price is almost exactly $20,000.

I plan to lease for 3 years with a 12,000 mile a year allowance. I have not been given the residual value of the vehicle or the money factor but I will get these values before I close the deal.

The salesman has told me that he thinks we can make a deal around $250/month with no hidden fees or costs. Simply trade in my 1999 Dodge RAM for $5000 and walk out with a 2006 Dodge Ram for $250 a month for 3 years.

Now this figure is actually quite a bit lower than I was expecting. Am I being set up for some kind of sales gimmick/trick or does this seem to be a reasonable amount? According to my lease calculator, using $20000 as the Adjusted Cap cost and a residual value of $12,160 and a money factor of .00275, the lease payment would still be $295 a month. Now if the residual is bumped up a bit, to say $14,000, then the lease payment would be around $250 a month.

So does this sound like a good deal, too good of a deal or not a good deal at all?
    Hi ddeder. If you haven't leased this truck yet you are in luck. DaimlerChrysler introduced an additional $1,000 Chrysler Financial Bonus Cash on it for the last week of July. This brings the total cash allowance on it to $4,500. As far as your trade goes, there's nothing wrong with trading in a vehicle when leasing. However, it is in your best interest to have the dealer you are working with cut you a check for your trade rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment on your lease. I always advise community members against making large down payments on leased vehicles because if their vehicles are stolen and never recovered or totaled in an accident during their lease, their down payments essentially disappear.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab 4WD with an MSRP of $33,260 and a capitalized cost of $24,024 (this takes the extra $1,000 incentive into account but not your trade) through Chrysler Financial right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $347.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • cadteachcadteach Member Posts: 4
    Car_man,

I've got a 2006 Dodge Ram that I leased for 2 years, that's ready to turn in around March. Is it too early to start looking at negotiating for purchase, and how would I go about it. The purchase price at trade in is around $19,200 and it'll have 24,000 miles +or-.

What is a reasonable value below the price to try and target. It is a Quad Cab 4x4 w/ 4.7 liter, tow option, fog lamps, It's been a nice truck, and I'd like to keep it if I could get a good deal.

Ed
    Hello Ed. DaimlerChrysler has an early lease termination program that will waive up to three remaining lease payments for consumers who have a year or less remaining on their leases. Given the fact that you have more payments than that remaining on your lease, you would have to pay money out of your own pocket or roll the cost of breaking your current lease early into your next loan or lease to get a new vehicle now. Neither of these options is very attractive. If I was in your situation, I personally would wait until I was closer to the scheduled end of my lease to get a new vehicle. Stop by the following discussion for feedback on how much you should pay for this truck right now: "Dodge Ram: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • woody18woody18 Member Posts: 3
    I'm thinking of a lease for a quadcab 1500 sport msrp 38800.
    39 m for 370
    27 m for 388

Does this sound good? What is better 27m or 39m. This is a 10500 miles a year with nothing down. 1st payment and 100 regs. Tax included in payment. buyout is 20900. 6500 in rebates.
  • kfranci2kfranci2 Member Posts: 31
    I'm in Minneapolis, and we have a local dealer with quadcab 1500 list at $35,850 selling at $23,475 or lease for 27 months at 199 a month.
  • woody18woody18 Member Posts: 3
    Thats with no money down???
    Hi woody18. You never mentioned the selling price of the truck that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey this is a great truck. Yesterday I sold my Toyota Tacoma for this bad boy. I got a Dodge Ram 1500 Night Runner. It was a pretty good deal. They gave $14,900 on my Tacoma. The truck was 35,990, but thanks to my friend I got that truck for 28,990. THIS TRUCK RULES!! ;)
    http://www.dodge.com/nav/compare/ram_1500_comp.jpg go to this wedsite and see the Dodge Ram 1500 Nightrunner. It's beautiful.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    Have you recently bought a new Chevy Silverado, Dodge Ram or GMC Sierra? If so, a reporter would like to talk with you. Please respond to [email protected] by Friday, November 10, 2006 with your daytime phone number and the make/model you selected.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• cwa318cwa318 Member Posts: 79
    Car Man......

What are the current residual values and money factor for a 2006 Ram 1500 Mega Cab Laramie? Thanks
  • blue2500hdblue2500hd Member Posts: 6
    Do you have any clue as to what the new leases will be in dec. ? if they at all will change , my son is looking into his first new rig and is going to lease since that is what i do with my trucks, he is looking into a '07 quad cab with the 5.7L and auto its stickers for about 35,200 and there saying with 2,500 down plus tax,title,regs. he can get it for 279 a month for 27months also this is the thunder road edit. does this sound like a good deal? with no money down they said it would be 330 same amount of time he is working for a dodge dealer ship now and these prices are from another dealership the one he works for can't match it ! but i still wounder if he should wait also we are being told that all deals on left over '06's will end on the 30th of this month and will not be as good as they are now . Thanks for any help !
    Hi cwa318. This truck's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for and its mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Chrysler Financial's current 36 month, 15,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD are .00353 and 48%, respectively. When negotiating your capitalized cost for this truck, make sure to take the $4,500 lease cash and $1,000 Chrysler Financial bonus, $5,500 total, into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi blue2500hd. It is difficult to say what DaimlerChrysler's new lease program will be like for the Ram Pickup when it is introduced tomorrow. I suspect that it will be fairly close to its current program, but if you would like to find out for certain please feel free to post a reminder for me in this discussion in a day or two and I will be happy to give you an idea of what the new program is like.

You never mentioned the selling price of the truck that your son are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • mroberdsmroberds Member Posts: 1
    Car Man,
    Can you give me the current lease money factor and residual value for a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4x2 swb 39 month, 15,000mi/yr in the Atlanta area? And do you expect these numbers to go up or down as we go into the new year?
    Thanks
  • whiskyman10whiskyman10 Member Posts: 1
    I want to lease a 06 mega cab 1500 4x4 pretty loaded sticker is 40k getting quoted $480 mo. 27 month 10500 miles lease with $800 dn. this also includes trading old car in, little upside dn is this a good deal? should i keep the$800 and pay $30 more?
  • davesedavese Member Posts: 6
    I just leased a 07 SLT 4x4 and had a 04 (same truck) leased thru chrysler as well that I traded, I paid 4 out of 7 payments I had left due to the pull ahead program chrysler has.

Heres the deal.

I paid $4800 down, this included the 4 remaining payments on my trade of 557.25 monthly, the rest was down payment.

Gross cap cost is 37089.27
    Cap cost reduction 8473
    Adj Cap 28616.21
    Residual 18286.05
    39 mth lease
    12k miles a year
    $453.90 a month

They gave me 5000 rebate
    Said I could not have the 1000 loyalty cash if I was using the Pull ahead as well. ????

Thanks for looking.
    Hello mroberds. Here's the information that you're looking for. Chrysler Financial's current 39 month buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2007 Dodge Ram Pickup Quad Cab SLT 2WD with 15,000 miles per year in your area are .00264 and 43%, respectively. Make sure to take the $5,000 lease cash that is available on this truck into account. It that will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi davese. You must have really wanted to get out of your current truck to pay four months of payments to turn it in. I would be happy to give you my opinion of this deal, however in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with your truck's full MSRP. This number will show me how much of a discount you were given on it and it will enable me to use Chrysler Financial's lease program to estimate what its payment should be.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • davesedavese Member Posts: 6
    Carman,

The MSRP is $37,535
    Hi zeniff. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the environment with us. Unfortunately, this particular discussion is for community members to discuss leasing. Posts on this subject are more appropriate for the following discussions: "How Will Global Warming Concerns Change The Vehicles We Drive?" or "Are automobiles a major cause of global warming?".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • myblueizemyblueize Member Posts: 1
    Car Man,Can you give me the current lease money factor and residual value for a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4x4 SWB 39 month, 15000 mi/yr in the Manassas,VA area? How much difference between the vehicle listed above and an '07 Laramie loaded?
  • 47cp47cp Member Posts: 1
    Car Man,

A friend just got a nice deal on a leftover '06 MegaCab Laramie with CTD. He said when they were doing the financing, they offered him several lease deals. In my (limited) experience, you can not normally lease a year old model.

Question 1) Can you lease a 2006 New at this time and what are the rates for a 06 Mega SLT 2wd in 63026 (St. Louis)

2) Rates for 2007 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 2wd and 2007 2500 Quad Cab SLT 2wd.

3) On the 07's what does it make a difference in lease rates for 2wd for 4wd.

Sorry for all the questions. I need a truck in the next few months and these deals on Dodge's right now are pretty good.:)

Thanks,

DaveW
    I'd be happy to help you out, myblueize. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2007 Dodge Ram Pickup Quad Cab SLT 4WD with 15,000 miles per year in your area are .00343 and 48%, respectively. The money factor for an identical lease of a Quad Cab Laramie 4WD model is exactly the same, but its residual value would be 45%. DaimlerChrysler is currently providing $5,000 lease cash on the 2007 Dodge Ram Pickup Quad Cab plus dealers have the ability to earn up to another $1,000 if they hit certain sales volume targets.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi DaveW. While one could technically still lease a 2006 Dodge Ram Pickup through Chrysler Financial right now, it probably is fairly expensive to do so because the residual values of '06 models are pretty low this late in the model year. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Dodge Ram Pickup Mega Cab SLT 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00332 and 41%, respectively. DaimlerChrysler is currently providing $6,000 dealer cash on the '06 Ram Mega Cab.

If you were to lease a 2007 Dodge Ram Pickup Mega Cab SLT 2WD through Chrysler Financial right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value in your area should be .00343 and 47%. The money factors for the 2WD and 4WD versions of this truck are the same, but the 4WD's residual value is higher at 51%. DaimlerChrysler is currently providing $3,000 lease cash on the '07 Dodge Ram Mega Cab.

There is a stairstep dealer cash promotion running on Dodge Ram Pickups right now that provides dealers with up to $1,000 per unit if they hit a certain sales target, so dealers have a lot of incentive to deal on this model right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • hofhenkehofhenke Member Posts: 1
    Car Man,

What could I expect to pay on leasing an '07 Ram 2500 SLT 4x4 SB for a 36 months? I would like to put as litte down as possible. I was reading some earlier posts and some people were talking about a college grad promo? Well I recently graduated and have great credit!

Or are there any better times to lease a truck other than right now or should I wait until a big sale? I live near Sacramento, CA!

Thanks!!
    Hi hofhenke. This truck's lease payment will depend upon what its MSRP and selling price. Let me know what these numbers are and I would be happy to use Chrysler Financial's current lease program to estimate what your monthly payment should be.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • cdangercdanger Member Posts: 1
    Hi-

I'm looking at potentially leasing a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT (6.7L Cummins), and a few other options. I have about $18,000 available for a downpayment. I don't know what the current factor or residual would be on this truck (I would like to know). If the selling price was around $41K (before any incentives), what would the lease terms look like at 24, 30 or 36 months if I put all $18K down.

As far as downpayments go, would it be stupid to put that much money down? If I financed, I would still have a pretty hefty monthly payment, even with such a large downpayment and I refuse to go longer than 3 or maybe 4 years on a regular finance deal.

I've never leased before, if you can't tell...
  • hemi_kyhemi_ky Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_Man,
    I have a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 quad-cab 4x4 HEMI Sport SLT Big Horn Edition. It has 20-inch wheels with 305/55/r20 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Line-X, window tint, Infinity stereo, it's a nice truck. Everything I'd want, except it's not a diesel. This truck is paid for.

I've been debating on trading it in for a 2007 Ram 2500 with the 6.7 Cummins. I've been working with a dealer and I can trade my truck, use the money I get from it, and do a 2 year lease with a one time payment. So, I still wouldn't have a payment for 2 years. What would you do?

My concern is that once the 2009 1500's are out with with a diesel engine as an option, my gas truck isn't going to be forth as much as it would normally be. When a new body style comes out, the value of the older body style usually drops, but I'll have a new body style and a diesel engine option working against me.

Thanks!!!!!