Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Ram Pickup Lease Questions

Comments

• ddederddeder Posts: 1
    I am looking at leasing a 2006 Dodge RAM 1500 SLT Quad Cab 4x4. The dealer has quoted a MSRP of $33,260 and an Employee price of 28,524 (which is being offered to everyone). There is an additional incentive of $3500 cash back being offered. So the sales price of this vehicle is $25,024. I have a trade-in that will take another $5000 off of this price so the final price is almost exactly $20,000.

I plan to lease for 3 years with a 12,000 mile a year allowance. I have not been given the residual value of the vehicle or the money factor but I will get these values before I close the deal.

The salesman has told me that he thinks we can make a deal around $250/month with no hidden fees or costs. Simply trade in my 1999 Dodge RAM for $5000 and walk out with a 2006 Dodge Ram for $250 a month for 3 years.

Now this figure is actually quite a bit lower than I was expecting. Am I being set up for some kind of sales gimmick/trick or does this seem to be a reasonable amount? According to my lease calculator, using $20000 as the Adjusted Cap cost and a residual value of $12,160 and a money factor of .00275, the lease payment would still be $295 a month. Now if the residual is bumped up a bit, to say $14,000, then the lease payment would be around $250 a month.

So does this sound like a good deal, too good of a deal or not a good deal at all?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi ddeder. If you haven't leased this truck yet you are in luck. DaimlerChrysler introduced an additional $1,000 Chrysler Financial Bonus Cash on it for the last week of July. This brings the total cash allowance on it to $4,500. As far as your trade goes, there's nothing wrong with trading in a vehicle when leasing. However, it is in your best interest to have the dealer you are working with cut you a check for your trade rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment on your lease. I always advise community members against making large down payments on leased vehicles because if their vehicles are stolen and never recovered or totaled in an accident during their lease, their down payments essentially disappear.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab 4WD with an MSRP of $33,260 and a capitalized cost of $24,024 (this takes the extra $1,000 incentive into account but not your trade) through Chrysler Financial right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $347.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Car_man,

I've got a 2006 Dodge Ram that I leased for 2 years, that's ready to turn in around March. Is it too early to start looking at negotiating for purchase, and how would I go about it. The purchase price at trade in is around $19,200 and it'll have 24,000 miles +or-.

What is a reasonable value below the price to try and target. It is a Quad Cab 4x4 w/ 4.7 liter, tow option, fog lamps, It's been a nice truck, and I'd like to keep it if I could get a good deal.

Ed
  • Hello Ed. DaimlerChrysler has an early lease termination program that will waive up to three remaining lease payments for consumers who have a year or less remaining on their leases. Given the fact that you have more payments than that remaining on your lease, you would have to pay money out of your own pocket or roll the cost of breaking your current lease early into your next loan or lease to get a new vehicle now. Neither of these options is very attractive. If I was in your situation, I personally would wait until I was closer to the scheduled end of my lease to get a new vehicle. Stop by the following discussion for feedback on how much you should pay for this truck right now: "Dodge Ram: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • I'm thinking of a lease for a quadcab 1500 sport msrp 38800.
    39 m for 370
    27 m for 388

Does this sound good? What is better 27m or 39m. This is a 10500 miles a year with nothing down. 1st payment and 100 regs. Tax included in payment. buyout is 20900. 6500 in rebates.
  • I'm in Minneapolis, and we have a local dealer with quadcab 1500 list at $35,850 selling at $23,475 or lease for 27 months at 199 a month.
  • Thats with no money down???
  • Hi woody18. You never mentioned the selling price of the truck that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hey this is a great truck. Yesterday I sold my Toyota Tacoma for this bad boy. I got a Dodge Ram 1500 Night Runner. It was a pretty good deal. They gave $14,900 on my Tacoma. The truck was 35,990, but thanks to my friend I got that truck for 28,990. THIS TRUCK RULES!! ;)
  • http://www.dodge.com/nav/compare/ram_1500_comp.jpg go to this wedsite and see the Dodge Ram 1500 Nightrunner. It's beautiful.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,822
    Have you recently bought a new Chevy Silverado, Dodge Ram or GMC Sierra? If so, a reporter would like to talk with you. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com by Friday, November 10, 2006 with your daytime phone number and the make/model you selected.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• cwa318cwa318 Posts: 51
    Car Man......

What are the current residual values and money factor for a 2006 Ram 1500 Mega Cab Laramie? Thanks
  • Do you have any clue as to what the new leases will be in dec. ? if they at all will change , my son is looking into his first new rig and is going to lease since that is what i do with my trucks, he is looking into a '07 quad cab with the 5.7L and auto its stickers for about 35,200 and there saying with 2,500 down plus tax,title,regs. he can get it for 279 a month for 27months also this is the thunder road edit. does this sound like a good deal? with no money down they said it would be 330 same amount of time he is working for a dodge dealer ship now and these prices are from another dealership the one he works for can't match it ! but i still wounder if he should wait also we are being told that all deals on left over '06's will end on the 30th of this month and will not be as good as they are now . Thanks for any help !
  • Hi cwa318. This truck's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for and its mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Chrysler Financial's current 36 month, 15,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD are .00353 and 48%, respectively. When negotiating your capitalized cost for this truck, make sure to take the $4,500 lease cash and $1,000 Chrysler Financial bonus, $5,500 total, into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi blue2500hd. It is difficult to say what DaimlerChrysler's new lease program will be like for the Ram Pickup when it is introduced tomorrow. I suspect that it will be fairly close to its current program, but if you would like to find out for certain please feel free to post a reminder for me in this discussion in a day or two and I will be happy to give you an idea of what the new program is like.

You never mentioned the selling price of the truck that your son are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Car Man,
    Can you give me the current lease money factor and residual value for a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4x2 swb 39 month, 15,000mi/yr in the Atlanta area? And do you expect these numbers to go up or down as we go into the new year?
    Thanks
  • I want to lease a 06 mega cab 1500 4x4 pretty loaded sticker is 40k getting quoted $480 mo. 27 month 10500 miles lease with $800 dn. this also includes trading old car in, little upside dn is this a good deal? should i keep the$800 and pay $30 more?
  • davesedavese Posts: 6
    I just leased a 07 SLT 4x4 and had a 04 (same truck) leased thru chrysler as well that I traded, I paid 4 out of 7 payments I had left due to the pull ahead program chrysler has.

Heres the deal.

I paid $4800 down, this included the 4 remaining payments on my trade of 557.25 monthly, the rest was down payment.

Gross cap cost is 37089.27
    Cap cost reduction 8473
    Adj Cap 28616.21
    Residual 18286.05
    39 mth lease
    12k miles a year
    $453.90 a month

They gave me 5000 rebate
    Said I could not have the 1000 loyalty cash if I was using the Pull ahead as well. ????

Thanks for looking.
  • Hello mroberds. Here's the information that you're looking for. Chrysler Financial's current 39 month buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2007 Dodge Ram Pickup Quad Cab SLT 2WD with 15,000 miles per year in your area are .00264 and 43%, respectively. Make sure to take the $5,000 lease cash that is available on this truck into account. It that will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi davese. You must have really wanted to get out of your current truck to pay four months of payments to turn it in. I would be happy to give you my opinion of this deal, however in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with your truck's full MSRP. This number will show me how much of a discount you were given on it and it will enable me to use Chrysler Financial's lease program to estimate what its payment should be.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum