Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Escape Lease Questions

Comments

• so my wife and i are expecting our 1st child mid-sept, and are only interested in a relatively basic crossover/suv for as little down / monthly as possible.

i've read in another post something like "a $28,000 nissan may lease for $450 /month while a $28,000 honda may lease for $350 / month, some lease better than others"...

with that, can i get some opinions about the best deals out there? which crossovers/ suv's "lease best"?

we've looked at the:

vw tiguan (overpriced, quoted $393/month / 36 mos, 0 down, base s model)

nissan rogue (quoted $330/month/ 36 mos, ttl down, base SLmodel (cloth, no premium, but awd - we also have nissan loyalty and friends/family)

considering the ford escape, but no american mfg's seem to be leasing atm...

also, my current lease is up end of june - which is end of dealer quarter - is it better to wait till then to negotiate?
  • tottytotty Posts: 1
    Can anyone provide me with New Jersey lease data (residual, MF, lease cost, acquisiton fee) on an 09 Escape XLS FWD? Also, do Ford leases include GAP insurance? Is there a damage waiver? Thanks very much.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi totty. Unfortunately, Ford has cut way back on its lease support over the past year. It is no only providing lease support on a small number of vehicles and the Escape is not one of them. As a result, it would be very expensive to lease an Escape through Ford Credit right now.

If you really want to get an Escape XLE, you would be better off financing it through Ford Credit at 0% for up to 5 years or 1.9% for 6 years. You could also pay cash for this truck or finance it through an independent bank and take advantage of the $2,500 cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • mlt245mlt245 Posts: 1
    My current Mercury Mariner lease is in it's last 2 months. I had assumed I would just lease a new Escape/Mariner for a similar price, needless to say I was shocked when told how high the lease costs are right now. Are there any rumors that there will be more attractive lease deals on either of these cars over the next 2 months. Are there differences depending on state (New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania)
    Hi mlt245. Unfortunately, the attractive leases that were available several years ago in many cases are no longer available today. General Motors and Chrysler have completely stopped leasing and Ford has cut way back.

Ford is not currently providing any lease support on the 2009 Escape. If you really want one, you would be better off financing it through Ford Credit at 0% for 5 years.

Car_man
    Host
  • neneemanneneeman Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,

I'm in California but I recently visited NY, where I saw Ford Escape Lease Deals advertised. Is Ford now leasing the Escape - and in California? And, if so, what is the going lease data? Thanks
    Hi neneeman. Ford still is not leasing Escapes through Ford Credit. The advertisement that you saw must have been a dealer-specific ad containing information on a lease being run through an independent bank.

Car_man
    Host
  • neneemanneneeman Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man. Thanks. I was able to get a local dealer to offer me a lease through an independent bank with a cap cost below invoice. But, it came with a money factor of .00324 and residual of .42 for a 3yr - 12,000 miles - XLT. This seemed ridiculous. Is the dealer just baking profit into those numbers? Or, do you think that it is likely these are credible figures? I'm wondering if I can try to find a different bank (my credit score is 790), and if so, how do I do that? Thank you!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,621
    You can try leasecompare.com... though, I doubt their banks have any numbers better than that.. Dealers have the same access to independent banks that they do.

When you lease through an independent bank, the only incentives have to come through the manufacturer, in the form of rebates or cap cost reductions.. The independent bank can only make money on the financing, itself.. and, they have the additional risk of the vehicle not being worth the residual.

I'd guess 42% is fairly generous for the real-world resale value of an Escape after 36 months.. and, 7.8% sounds about right for an interest rate, with nothing down and the residual risk involved.

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Hi neneeman. A lease rate of .00324 is high compared to the special lease rates that Ford Credit is offering on a number of other Ford division vehicles, however it is equivalent to an interest rate of around only 7.8%. That's about what I would expect the rate to be on an unsupported lease right now. I don't think that the 42% residual value is that unrealistic either.

These numbers aren't all that out of whack, it just really doesn't pay to lease unsupported vehicles in most instances. If I was interested in getting a 2009 Ford Escape, I would much rather finance it through Ford Credit at 0% for 60 months than lease it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey Car Man,

Can i get the residuals and money factor on the escape limited with AWD and FWD for a 36mo and 12k miles? Thanks!
  • Hi justin3687. Ford's base lease rate for the 2010 Escape varies by region. Generally speaking, it is anywhere from 2.0% to 2.75%. If you tell me what state you are in, I'll gladly let you know what the exact rate is in your area.

Ford Credit's current residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Escape Limited AWD with 12,000 miles per year is 50%. The resid for an otherwise identical lease of a FWD model is 49%.

Ford is providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of this truck in most areas (it's higher in a few). Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating your lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car Man,

What is the current residual and money factor on the Escape for AZ, 36month, 12k miles.

Thanks
  • Our lease is up in a month and we our under our miles, if we choose to purchase this vehical what are our options or advice. Do we have to put money down on purchasing this vehical we leased,?,,,,, payoff will be around 14,000. thanks Robert
  • Hi bonesaz. Sorry for the delay in my response, I took some time off for the holidays. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Through January 11th, in your area Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Escape XLT 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are 2.0% and 46%, respectively.

This truck's lease program varies by trim level. I provided you with the numbers for a common variant of it. Let me know if you want something different.

Car_man
    Host
  • Welcome Robert. In order to determine whether you should purchase your vehicle at the end of your lease, you need to compare its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. Even though it states your car or truck's purchase option price on your lease contract, you should place a call to the bank that you are leasing it through just to make sure that you have the correct figure. When you do so, it never hurts to try to haggle with them. Some banks will negotiate the lease-end purchase prices of vehicles. If your initial contact at your bank is not willing to lower your vehicle's purchase price, you may have better luck if you work your way up the ladder to a manager. There is a good chance that they will not lower your vehicle's price, more often than not they will not, but you don't have anything to lose by asking.

As I said earlier, once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values".

If your vehicle's purchase price is less than or similar to its current value on the open market then you may want to consider buying it. If not, walk away.

Good luck and let us know if you have any other questions and how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_man,
    Are you able to provide me with the current residual and money factor for a 36-month/10,500 mile Escape XLS (FWD, AT) lease in Southern California? Thank you.
    Hi kevinrm. Here's the information that you're looking for. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Escape XLS FWD with 10,500 miles per year are 3.0% and 45%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,750 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it in your region.

Car_man
    Host
  • aces_fullaces_full Posts: 16
    Hi Car_man,
    I just recently signed up to the forum and was looking into escapes. Can you please provide the March residual and money factor data as well as incentives/rebates for a 2010 Escape Limited AWD and also the same for the XLT AWD? I live in MA.

Thank you!

aces_full
    Welcome, aces_full (awesome user id btw). Here's the information that you're looking for.

Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Escape Limited AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 3.0% and 48%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '10 Escape XLT AWD are 3.0% and 47%.

Car_man
    Host