Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Expedition Lease Questions

Comments

• You're very welcome, nyinsuranceguy. Ford's New York area lease program for this truck is a little better than its Southeastern area program that I just mentioned. Ford's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.5% and 49%, respectively. This truck's 39 month numbers are 1.75% and 47%. In the New York area, Ford is providing $1,000 lease cash on the '07 Expedition. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating the capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Thanks Car man. Refresh my memory- to calculate the monthly money factor, I use the cap cost + the residual value, and then I divide the 1.50% rate by 24, correct?

(cap cost + residual factor) x (rate/24)
  • sasukesasuke Posts: 77
    I havent gone to a ford dealership yet, but I might consider the expedition considering the price of the 06' pathfinder jumped up on leasing.

I'm interested in the expedition Limited AWD...can anyone give a ballpark price on it for a 39 month, 15k miles.
  • guestguest Posts: 774
    My lease is expiring on 12/26. I'm most likely stuck with another Expedition because we need the space for 2 labs and 2 retrievers. This will be my 5th Expedition. Today, I was told that Ford basically isn't dealing or offering anything yet for 2007 leases -- well, $500 for "customer loyality." I want the XLT version, with 6 CD player, keyless entry, folding third seat, 18" wheels, convenience package, XLT Comfort Group, Cloth seats, alarm system, etc. Probably only 24-26,000 miles will be put on the vehicle during the 36 month term limit. What should I expect to pay? How can I figure the costs? Thanks for any information.
  • ccapccap Posts: 40
    Question... Would it be better to take the value of my trade $8,500, I own it 100%, and put it down on the car and purchase it, which would make the payments 650 for 5 years. I would have to pay sales tax and excise as it comes due. I would have to come up with $2k for sales tax and misc fees.

Or do I lease the vehicle for $632 month which includes sales and excise for 3 years. 2k for 1st, security dep and bank fees and the net of the 8,500 would come to me in a check from the dealer which would be 6300 which could go back in the bank.

What would you do? How best to analize this? I made a deal and need help asap!!!
  • Hey nyinsuranceguy. Yes, to convert a lease rate into an approximate money factor equivalent you need to divide it by 2400. Then just plug the factor into the formula that is described in the following article: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Greetings sasuke. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the Expedition that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work up a sample lease payment on the vehicle that you are interested in for you if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Unfortunately what you were told is correct. Ford is not currently offering much in the way of incentives on the 2007 Expedition in your area right now. If I was in the market for an Expedition right now, rather than leasing a 2007 model I personally would try to find a dealer that has a leftover 2006 model and either finance it through Ford Credit or an independent bank. If you finance an '06 Expedition through Ford Credit you can do so at an amazing 0% for 6 years and get a $1,000 cash incentive. If you finance it through an independent bank you can take advantage of $5,000 customer cash. This is the route that I would go if I was in your situation. I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on the exact '07 Expedition that you are considering for you, however in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • You definitely have the right idea about not making a large down payment when leasing, ccap. Consumers who make one risk losing it if their vehicle is totaled or stolen. As I just mentioned to the previous poster, Ford is not currently offering much in the way of incentives on the 2007 Expedition in your area right now. If I was in the market for an Expedition right now, rather than leasing a 2007 model I personally would try to find a dealer that has a leftover 2006 model and either finance it through Ford Credit or an independent bank. If you finance an '06 Expedition through Ford Credit you can do so at an amazing 0% for 6 years and get a $1,000 cash incentive. If you finance it through an independent bank you can take advantage of $5,000 customer cash. This is the route that I would go if I was in your situation. If I had to go with an '07 model, I personally would probably still be inclined not to lease right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • ccapccap Posts: 40
    Thanks for the reply Car_Man,

I was getting $1,000 cash back that I was putting towards the lease. He is selling me the car for $800 over invoice. 1.5% rate with 51% residual equals 558 plus sales and excise.

Not a good deal???
  • cwa318cwa318 Posts: 51
    Car Man......

Do you have the current or perhaps the January lease information for Expedition EL Limited? Looking for 36 mon 15k...Thanks
  • You're welcome, ccap. $800 over invoice minus any available cash incentives is a decent deal on an Expedition. Take the $1,000 that you are getting back and use it to pay the charges that you will have to pay at lease signing, like your truck's first month's payment, security deposit, and acquisition fee.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi cwa318. This truck's lease program varies by region. It is better in the New York and Detroit areas than it is in the rest of the country. In most of the country, Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Ford Expedition EL 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 2.5% and 48%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • iaudiiaudi Posts: 1
    Carman,

I am looking at a 2007 Ford Expedition and I live in Des Moines, Iowa. Here are the details: I am curious the residual and money factor(%)for a 36 month lease.

2007 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer
    MSRP: 46,220
    2000 down
    probably 1500 trade in
    I am hoping to finance around 40,000.

Thanks for your help
  • I'm in S.E. PA and yesterday was quoted invoice price of $44,651 ($48,890 MSRP) on a 4x4 Expedition Ltd. plus $1,000 cash back plus $6,000 trade on my van. Based on what I've read in your forum I'd like to keep down money to as little as possible. What factor/payment can I expect thru Ford for a 36 month lease w/15k miles? I don't mind putting the $1,000 cash back toward capitalized cost or first payment, but would prefer to keep the trade-in cash. Any thoughts? Thanks a lot.
  • Hi iaudi. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD leased in your area with 15,000 miles per year are 2.5% and 48%, respectively. As you can see, Ford Credit publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents b dividing them by 2400.

I see that you are considering putting several thousand dollars down on the Expedition that you want to lease. I always advise consumers against making down payments on leased vehicles. I do so because if your leased vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered, your down payment essentially disappears. There's nothing wrong with trading in your current vehicle when you lease your new one, just have the dealer that you're working with cut you a check for any equity that you have in it rather than using the proceeds as a down payment for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi macltdk. Dealer invoice minus the $1,000 lease cash that is available in your area is a great price for lease of a 2007 Ford Expedition right now. I believe that Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Ford Expedition Limited 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are currently 2.5% and 47%, respectively in your area. Using these numbers, an MSRP of $48,890, and a selling price of $43,651 (dealer invoice minus the $1,000 lease cash), I estimate that this truck's zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $644.

You have the right idea about your trade. You are better off having the dealer cut you a check for it than using the proceeds as a down payment on your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • X plan less a grand, lease rate 1% and 47% for rv with 15,000 miles. quoted $620 for lease.. does this look reasonable
  • Hi, I'm currently in the market to release again. I was quoted 2500.00 down, $635 monthly, 15K miles, 39 months from one Ford dealer, for the same exact vehicle another ford dealer offered 4700 down, $697 monthly same mileage and term. Possible to get it lower than the 635.00?? Neither dealer has offered any rebates, yet this would be our 4th lease with Ford. Any advice?? I think i'm being hagggled by these salesmen. Please help.
  • Hi chucky380. You're getting the Expedition that you're interested in for a great price, Ford's always attractive X-Plan price minus the $1,000 lease cash that is currently available on it. The 1% lease rate that you were quoted for this truck is right in line with Ford Credit's current program for it in your area. If you like the truck, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi cromano. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the Expedition that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • gkirk007gkirk007 Posts: 1
    CarMan,
    I live in SC (10 miles from NC), and am looking to lease a 07 Expedition EL Eddie Bauer 2wd, 36mon 12k miles yr. MSRP was $46405, but they are quoting me $98 over invoice ($42682.84) total $42780.84. 3.75%, w factor of .50, payment $663.79. with $1689.79 upfront. How do I determine if this is a good deal? I have copy of invoice that shows hold back of $1370, A&Z Plan $, D Plan $ and X Plan amount. What does all this mean? They didn't mention any incentives. Are they keeping any cash backs deals and not letting me in on it?
  • thanks.. have u ever heard of there being a tax on rebates?
  • hardhawkhardhawk Posts: 702
    You always pay sales tax on the sale price before rebate then the rebate is applied to that price. At least that is the way it has always been here in Kansas. Always sort of hit me wrong, but that is the way it has always been.
  • THIS IS THE INFORMATION (E-MAIL) I GOT FROM AN UPSTATE NY FORD DEALER ABOUT A 2007 FORD EXPEDITION XLT 4WD LOADED. "YOUR PAYMENTSFOR A 36 MONTH/36000 MILE LEASE WITH AN X PLAN (HAVE A FAMILY MEMBER WILLING TO GIVE ME HER X PLAN OPTION) WOULD BE $464 PLUS TAX AND FEES. THE MSRP IS $39,115 AND YOUR RETAIL X PLAN PRICE WOULD BE $34,270.95.

I HAVE ALWAYS LEASED A GM AND KNOW HOW THEY FIGURE LEASES. I GOT NO MORE INFO FROM THE DEALER THAN ABOVE.

DOES IT SOUND OK? SHOULD IT BE LESS PER MONTH? I WANT TO PUT NOTHING DOWN, AND USE CASH FOR SALES TAX, AND FEES.

ANY ADVICE. I WOULD APPRECIATE IT.
  • Carman,

I was wondering if you could tell me the current Ford deals for a 36 month (15K/yr) lease on a 2007 Expedition EB -- do you know the MF and the residual? I am looking to shop this week, but I want to be armed with data before going to the dealer. Many Thanks!
  • suvmom1suvmom1 Posts: 1
    We leased an XLT yesterday and didn't shop around at all....so now i am trying to figure out whether we got a good deal or not. Sticker price was very close to 40k. We put 2500 down + first payment of $480. (which includes ttl) 39 month lease and 12k miles/yr. How did we do? Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi gkirk007. $98 over dealer invoice is a very good deal for a lease of a 2007 Ford Expedition, as long the $2,000 lease cash that Ford is providing on this truck right now is then subtracted from that. Also, make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses Ford Credit's current 36 month base lease rate of 2.0% to calculate your truck's monthly payment. Unless you are eligible for Ford's employee or supplier purchase programs, don't worry about all of the A, X, Z, D-Plan numbers.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello hilliergroup. If you are leasing this truck using Ford's X-Plan then you are in great shape. This program will provide you with a great selling price without the need to haggle with dealers. You probably should double check that the dealer you are working with us using Ford Credit's current 36 month base lease rate of 2.0% to calculate your lease payment, but I suspect that they are. If you like the truck, I personally don't see any reason not to go for this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for, mjtaysdad. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 2.0% and 46%, respectively. As you can see, Ford Credit publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum