Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Expedition Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi ckidder. Ford's lease program for the Expedition varies by region. I need to know what state you are in to give you an accurate idea of what its current program for this model is like in your area.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • I live in Tampa, Florida. Looking for residuals & money factors for 2007 Expedition Limited. Mileage based on 10,000 per year for 24 months & 36 months. Are there any differences between the residuals & money factors for a XLT, Eddie Bauer or Limited? Thanks for the help.
  • I am in Arizona......I wasn't aware that they had different lease programs in different states. Does that effect the money factor?
  • Here's the information that you are looking for, ckidder. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Expedition Limited 2WD with 10,500 miles (this is the lowest allowance that Ford Credit publishes residual values for) per year in your area should be 1.0% and 59%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be 2.25% and 51%. This truck's lease rates should be the same for the other trim levels that you mentioned, but its residual values may be different.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi car_help_pls. Yes, the lease rates of vehicles that are leased through Ford Credit often vary by region. I have not seen its specific lease program for Arizona, but I suspect that it is similar to, if not exactly the same as the program that I described in my previous post.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • macdadmacdad Posts: 65
    Is it still possible to lease a 2006 Eddie Bauer Expedition. With the huge gap between MSRP and negotiated purchase price, it would seem a good monthly would be possible. What is the current residual/money factor(or interest rate) for 24 mo / 12k miles or 36 mo / 12k miles on an '06. I used your Edmunds forum to lease a 5 series BMW and it worked perfectly but it looks looks like Ford uses an interest rate instead of a money factor. Would I plug in their interest rate in place of the money factor to do my calculations. I live in Florida.

Thank you,

Macdad
  • Hi Macdad. Unfortunately, the answer to your question is no. Ford Credit is no longer leasing 2006 models. You might still be able to lease a 2006 Expedition through an independent bank, but if you really want to lease you probably would be better off just leasing a 2007 model.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • chow3chow3 Posts: 32
    Car Man- The wife's Honda Minivan lease is up at the end of the year She is interested in a 7-8 passenger SUV. What do the lease terms look like on the expedition for November? I am in South Florida if that matters
  • Car man,

Thanks for providing such excellent information for us consumers. I'm looking for the November lease rates and residual values on the 07 expedition eddie bauer on a 36 or 39 month lease program in New York. Thanks!
  • Hi chow3. You never mentioned how long you want to lease this truck for or what mileage allowance you need, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. You never mentioned the exact model Expedition that you want either, so I will also have to make an assumption about this too. Let's say that you want a 2WD XLT model. Let me know if you want something different. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Expedition XLT 2WD with 15,000 miles per year in your area are 2.25% and 47%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • You're very welcome, nyinsuranceguy. Ford's New York area lease program for this truck is a little better than its Southeastern area program that I just mentioned. Ford's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.5% and 49%, respectively. This truck's 39 month numbers are 1.75% and 47%. In the New York area, Ford is providing $1,000 lease cash on the '07 Expedition. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating the capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Thanks Car man. Refresh my memory- to calculate the monthly money factor, I use the cap cost + the residual value, and then I divide the 1.50% rate by 24, correct?

(cap cost + residual factor) x (rate/24)
  • sasukesasuke Posts: 77
    I havent gone to a ford dealership yet, but I might consider the expedition considering the price of the 06' pathfinder jumped up on leasing.

I'm interested in the expedition Limited AWD...can anyone give a ballpark price on it for a 39 month, 15k miles.
  • guestguest Posts: 774
    My lease is expiring on 12/26. I'm most likely stuck with another Expedition because we need the space for 2 labs and 2 retrievers. This will be my 5th Expedition. Today, I was told that Ford basically isn't dealing or offering anything yet for 2007 leases -- well, $500 for "customer loyality." I want the XLT version, with 6 CD player, keyless entry, folding third seat, 18" wheels, convenience package, XLT Comfort Group, Cloth seats, alarm system, etc. Probably only 24-26,000 miles will be put on the vehicle during the 36 month term limit. What should I expect to pay? How can I figure the costs? Thanks for any information.
  • ccapccap Posts: 40
    Question... Would it be better to take the value of my trade $8,500, I own it 100%, and put it down on the car and purchase it, which would make the payments 650 for 5 years. I would have to pay sales tax and excise as it comes due. I would have to come up with $2k for sales tax and misc fees.

Or do I lease the vehicle for $632 month which includes sales and excise for 3 years. 2k for 1st, security dep and bank fees and the net of the 8,500 would come to me in a check from the dealer which would be 6300 which could go back in the bank.

What would you do? How best to analize this? I made a deal and need help asap!!!
  • Hey nyinsuranceguy. Yes, to convert a lease rate into an approximate money factor equivalent you need to divide it by 2400. Then just plug the factor into the formula that is described in the following article: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Greetings sasuke. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the Expedition that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work up a sample lease payment on the vehicle that you are interested in for you if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Unfortunately what you were told is correct. Ford is not currently offering much in the way of incentives on the 2007 Expedition in your area right now. If I was in the market for an Expedition right now, rather than leasing a 2007 model I personally would try to find a dealer that has a leftover 2006 model and either finance it through Ford Credit or an independent bank. If you finance an '06 Expedition through Ford Credit you can do so at an amazing 0% for 6 years and get a $1,000 cash incentive. If you finance it through an independent bank you can take advantage of $5,000 customer cash. This is the route that I would go if I was in your situation. I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on the exact '07 Expedition that you are considering for you, however in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • You definitely have the right idea about not making a large down payment when leasing, ccap. Consumers who make one risk losing it if their vehicle is totaled or stolen. As I just mentioned to the previous poster, Ford is not currently offering much in the way of incentives on the 2007 Expedition in your area right now. If I was in the market for an Expedition right now, rather than leasing a 2007 model I personally would try to find a dealer that has a leftover 2006 model and either finance it through Ford Credit or an independent bank. If you finance an '06 Expedition through Ford Credit you can do so at an amazing 0% for 6 years and get a $1,000 cash incentive. If you finance it through an independent bank you can take advantage of $5,000 customer cash. This is the route that I would go if I was in your situation. If I had to go with an '07 model, I personally would probably still be inclined not to lease right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • ccapccap Posts: 40
    Thanks for the reply Car_Man,

I was getting $1,000 cash back that I was putting towards the lease. He is selling me the car for $800 over invoice. 1.5% rate with 51% residual equals 558 plus sales and excise.

Not a good deal???