Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Explorer Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    edited September 2011
    Hi po65ny. Ford Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2012 Explorer Limited 2WD with 10,500 miles per year 4.5% and 53%, respectively.

I don't think that the engine has an impact upon this truck's residual values.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Car man, would you happen to have the Oct buy rate lease money factor and residual of a 2012 Explorer Limited 4WD with 12k per year? Any benefit to go shorter or longer than 36mos? Thanks!
  • I certainly would copperskier. Ford Credit's October base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Explorer Limited 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are 3.5% and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Your payment will definitely be higher on a 24-month lease, but you might be able to shave a few bucks per month off by going with a 39-month lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • Anyone have a good idea about what an Explorer XLT 4WD option package 205A and powerlift gate and dual panel moonroof show go for on a lease in Massachusettes? The website states something way off from the dealer - who insists that the lease rate can go up 100/month just on taxes.

Lease I'm looking for is 36 months at 12K/year.
  • Car_Man: If you would please give me the residual, and money factor/lease rate for a 2012 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD 12k, 36 39 and 42 month lease, and any incentives they have running. Thank you so much.
  • I have never leased before but am considering it, what should i look out for? I am looking at the ford explorer lease on the 2012 explorer XLT with leather for $319 and i can not figure out the factor or residual money. Can anyone help with this. I want to go into the dealer and add the mileage to 19,000 miles a year and not get screwed over. thanks for your help I live in upstate NY.
  • You can bet your payment will be $619 or quite likely more with zero down. $319 on a $40,000 SUV is too good to be true even at 10,500 miles per year. Since you're in NY you can bet your taxes and dmv, etc will also put your payment $40+ higher by themselves.

Also, you don't want to lease at 19,000 miles per year because your warranty will expire less than 2 years into the lease. Being under bumper to bumper warranty is one of the main reasons to lease.
  • Greetings peteyboy30. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Explorer XLT AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 3.5% and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 3.75% and 54%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are 6.75% and 48%.

I don't believe that Ford is currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car Man and other experts and folks with experience,

Looking at Premium trim Enclave and Limited trim Explorer. Will add nav and entertainment. Want the car loaded. Dallas Texas. Not certain whether will lease or buy.

Questions:
    1) residual and lease rate for both?
    2) any rebates, deals, or negotiating tactics or ideas for both?
    3) assuming best and expected negotiated price, what lease price should I expect for both for 36 or 39 months at 12k miles per year?
    4) what price should I expect to negotiate if I buy ( I have pre approved financing through bank) for both?
    5) anything else I should know or consider from a financial standpoint for both?
    6) thoughts on which vehicle I should buy. They both approach the small crossover three row suv differently, but we like both and appreciate the access to the third row with the captain second row. Anyone own one and like or dislike specific features?
    7) finally, I will be trading in an 08 Lexus es350 with 34k miles on it. The car is in very good shape and shows well. What should I be able to get on trade in?

Really appreciate help on this. I'm a used car guy that normally sells my old car myself. I'm treading in unfamiliar water and could use help and guidance. I hope to do a deal tomorrow.
  • engrgradengrgrad Posts: 3
    edited December 2011
    My wife wants to lease a 2012 Explorer XLT 4x4 with 205a package, trailer tow, leather mytouch, moonroof and the 3.5 l v-6. I drove it last night and we liked it.

My wife wants a 27 mo lease w/19500 miles per year (Michigan).

Dealer is quoting the following:

MSRP is $42330

1. A plan price: 38,058.93
    2. Residual: 60%
    3. Rate 1.5% (0.000625)
    4. Acquisition Fee $595

Monthly payment is 466.08/mo with only first month's payment down.

Note that Ford is currently offering 2000 incentive for non Ford lease holders to come and lease a Ford. But dealer says that with leasing, the 2,000 is applied as a down payment and not used against the MSRP if I were to purchase. I am not sure this is correct, but it allows us to leave the dealer with only the first month's payment.

Car man et al - does this sound like a decent deal? I run spreadsheets and it appears legit but I am likely missing something w/regards to the non-Ford lease incentive.
  • Hi engrgrad. The fact that you are able to get this truck through Ford's A-Plan means that you are getting a good selling price on it. This looks like a good deal to me.

The dealer was correct, the cash incentive for current lessees of non-Ford vehicles is only available on new leases...not cash purchases.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car man,

Can you provide the residuals and money factors on the 2012 XLT AWD and Limited AWD?
  • Hello Car_man

I am looking for 36-month lease of a 2012 Explorer Limited FWD with 12,000 miles per year DEC lease rate.

Is there any difference in lease rate for 4WD ?

Any other incentives for dec ? I am looking to get this deal done in a week.

Thanks again
  • I would say this is a good deal for the miles you want. The $2000.00 competitor lease cash rebate is good either buying or leasing. There is also a $1000.00 regional incentive in the Detroit area and that can be used in addition to the $2,000.00 if your buying. The extra $1,000. Will not work on a lease.
    Now, go to Ford Explorers web site and request a brochure on the car, you may very well receive a $750.00 additional rebate, (unadvertised) just for you that you can use in addition to all others, lease or buy...
  • I just ordered a 2012 Explorer XLT, 205 A,moon roof,trailer tow, blk./blk. What is the current wait time on Explorer orders? I realize Chicago assembly is closed for the week after Christmas. Appreciate any inside knowledge on how long customers currently are waiting. Thanks
  • Green69,

Are you saying that you are able to use A/X plan, plus get the $2000 competitor lease cash rebate, plus the $1000 regional incentive, while also applying the $750 additional rebate from the website?

If you are active duty military, would you be able to tack on that rebate?

How carefully do they screen for the competitor lease rebate (i.e., what level of proof do you need to show?)?

Thanks,

Naval
  • Naval,
    That's correct if your buying you can use them all. If your leasing then just the competitor $2000.00 and the $750.00 coupon from ordering a bro sure.
    They verify the competitor lease by running a copy of your registration. You do not have to turn the lease in, but they do check. Military discount, ck. with your dealer but I would think it would also apply. One note on the $750. bonus coupon you get with ordering a brosure, it is only good with x plan , not A.
  • I am looking to lease an XLT 2WD with an MSRP of $35,680.
    I have searched but cannot find Ford's buy rate's or residuals
    for a 27 month lease anywhere so I am a little lost here. This is what
    I have been quoted from a local dealer.

money down $3,282
    Net Cap Cost $32,613
    Money factor =1.5%
    Residual 63%
    15k Miles

Payment $393 + tax.

I have asked for the cap cost so i can see what theey are selling the
    vehicle for should have tomorrow. Does this look like a good deal or do
    I have some room for negotiating this deal? also are there any rebates for new ford leases?
    I see people talking about them but edmunds and ford.com says otherwise.
    Thanks for your help
  • Ask your salesperson outright, what incentives are currently being offer. If you know anyone that works for Ford or if you own at least 100 shares of Ford stock,
    (for at least 6 mo.) ask to get an X plan price. A friend or neighbor that works for Ford can get X plan offers for friends. Owning Ford stock, contact Ford share
    Holder relations and request X plan. They will send you the form and details.
    Residual: you mentioned 63% for a 15,000 mile 27 month, that sounds correct. Ford figures their residual value for their leases off of MSRP. (that works in your favor when leasing, higher the residual, lower lease cost.). 63% x $35,680 MSRP
    =$22,478. Residual. Also request a Ford brosure on several Ford cars from their web-site, you very likely will get a $750.00 bonus incentive offer, unadvertized
    Just for you. And it can be used with other incentives and x plan. Good luck!
  • zoom03zoom03 Posts: 8
    edited December 2011
    hello car_man,

The car is on the lot. Looking for 2012 Explorer Limited with 302 A package.

MSRP is 46K+

December Lease Rate on

27 mth 15000 miles 36 mth 12000 miles
    Thanks