Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Explorer Lease Questions

Comments

• zoom03zoom03 Posts: 8
    Any Info on 2012 Limited

36 months --- 12000 miles Lease Rate ?

MSRP is 46K

need to buy within 24 hrs

Thx
  • 7morsn7morsn Posts: 8
    Hey Car_Man,
    Do you know what the money factor and residual is for this month lease on a Explorer XLT for 36 months?
    Also is there any cash incentives for a lease?

Thanks,
  • I am trying to get the same info. I do know that the $1,000 rebate is gone but i got a $750 coupon via email for requesting brochures from Ford so it almost washes out. Request some brochures on different Ford models and you will get the same coupon! Hope this helps
  • I was just informed by my dealer that Ford changed the residual value over the weekend from 63% down to 55%. :mad:

Car_man, can you confirm that?

Is it common that it just changed in the middle of the month?

Thanks.
  • Hey 7morsn. Ford Credit's January base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Explorer XLT AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 2.0% and 54%, respectively.

I don't believe that Ford is currently offering any cash incentives on leases of the Explorer AWD.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi dillinger7. While I suppose anything is possible, I highly doubt that Ford would just slash the residual value on a vehicle mid-program like that. I don't think that the Explorer's residual values were ever as high as 60% for a 3 year lease. They have been more like in the mid-50's for a while.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi there... Wondering if you'd be kind enough to let me know what the money factor and residuals are for a 2012 Explorer XLT on a 24 month lease (NJ if that makes a difference). Dealer told me 66% and an MF of .0075. When I questioned him on the MF he came back with .0025. Thanks a ton.
  • I believe current Feb. is a residual of 65 % fr a 24 mo. 12,000 mi. Lease. Money factor currently is .25. Good luck!
  • Hey CarMan,

First time to consider leasing a Ford Explorer. Can you advise February MF and Residual for 4x4 Limitted for 3yr/36month? Also, do they offer 24 month leases? can you advise MF/RES accordingly?

Thanks.
    Craig
  • Hi rtkane. Ford Credit's February base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Explorer XLT AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.25% and 63%, respectively.

This lease rate is equivalent to a money factor of around .00011.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey Craig. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Explorer Limited 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are 2.0% and 54%, respectively.

Yes Ford does indeed offer 24-month leases. The numbers for a 24-month, 12k lease of this truck are 0.25% and 63%.

You can convert these lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car Man,

I just got off the phone with the dealer, I am looking at a 2012 Explorer XLT 2WD with 3.5L at a 39mth lease / 12k a year mileage. It would have the 204A package.
    MSRP: $36,260.00
    Agreed Value given was $33,819.00 - total Gross Capital Cost $34,414.00.
    Residual: $19,580.40 (looks like around 57%)
    Depreciation: $14,833.60
    Rent Charge: $1,963.31 (what is this?)
    Total of Base MP: $16,796.94
    Total monthly payment $460.84
    With paying inceptions only at $1497.69 (1st month $460.84, Doc Fee $599.95, Upfront tax $6.66, Lic., Insp, Title, Reg $323.75, and other fees $66.50)

Can you advise if this is a good deal or can I do better? I live in Florida by the way, in Dade-County. How do I calculate the money factor?
    Thanks for your help!
    Rgds,
  • I think you can do better! Ford currently is running 24 month leases as their best lease deal. Risidual currently on a 12,000 mi., 24 mo. Is running 65%.
    I would email a couple local dealers, tell them what you want and let them fight over your business. Get at least a couple comparable offers and then you can make a confident call. Good luck! I have the new Explorer and it exceeds expectation! The ride and handling is tremendous! Great choice!
  • Hi Green69!

Appreciate the feedback! I was not really keen on leasing for just two years, besides, the monthly payment with no money down (except inceptions) would be higher than a 39 mth. I was advised the 36 mt lease deals are not as good as the 39 or 24.

I just want to know where I should be on the numbers that would constitute a good deal based on my vehicle choice and the numbers in my first post.

Thanks!
  • gax279gax279 Posts: 1
    edited February 2012
    Hi Car man-
    Been about 7 years since I've bought a car and I need some advice.

I am eligible for X Plan pricing through my place of employment. Looking at a 2012 Explorer Limited AWD with the 302A package, dual pane moonroof, trailer tow package, 20" polished wheels, and 2nd row dual bucket seats. Sticker is $48,765; X-Plan pricing is ~$44,500. I haven't talked to a dealer yet so not sure if I can do any better than the X-Plan?

I have a 2005 GMC Envoy Denali 4WD with 57,000 miles on it that Edmunds says I should get $10,000 for trade-in. It is paid for, so that's nice. :)

Weighing out my options of buying (thinking it'll be about a $600/month payment for 60 months) or leasing to reduce the payment since I will have no problem with mileage on a 3 year/36,000 mile lease.

If I was to lease, would I apply the entire trade-in amount to the lease down payment. I'd like to lease with $0 down or as little out of pocket.

I am in Chicagoland NW Suburbs, and would consider a 36 or 39 month lease, with 10,500 miles a year.

One last question for 2011/2012 Explorer owners with the 20" tires, how are the Hankook Optimo H426 tires in the snow? Or in general, how are those tires?

Thank you-
    Don
  • Hi car man,

I'm totally a new at leasing so I apologize if this has been asked before. I see above that you are saying a 36-month lease of a 2012 Explorer Limited 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are 2.0% and 54%, respectively. Is this only regional and not everywhere? I'm asking because my local dealer here in Utah is quoting me 4.0% and 54% respectively for a 36 month and 4.25% and 52% for a 39 month (on their top tier credit rating). Did anything change in the last 2 weeks? How can I call them on this and get the 2.0%? Is there a Ford web page that I can reference? Thanks!

Mike
  • I guess it looks like the dealer is trying to make 2 points. So if I just apply myself at fordcredit.com will I get the 2.25% and 52% for 39 months and 12000 miles (assuming best credit rating)?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi Don. There's nothing wrong with trading in your current truck when leasing a new one. However, it would be in your best interest to have the dealer cut you a check for your trade rather than use the proceeds from it as a down payment for your lease. Consumers who make large down payments on leased vehicles risk losing part or all of the money that they put down if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. You can still do a zero down lease, even with the dealer paying you for your trade.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car man,

Can you please tell me the March 2012 residual and money factor for a 2012 Explorer XLT FWD, 24 month lease with 12k miles?

Thank you,

Ozzie