Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Explorer Lease Questions

Comments

• Anyone out there getting the Sport trim? Is there another forum for it?

I just signed a deal yesterday for the Base 2013 Explorer Sport. The only additional option I got was the Ruby Red color.

The deal I got was $445/month (including tax) and $863 down which includes first month and all the DMV fees. This is for a 39-month, 10,500 mi lease. Selling price was $38,500.

I feel like this is too good to be true. Am I missing something?
  • Seems about right to me. The lease deals right now on the Explorer are unadvertised. Both residuals and money factors are pretty good. Just a month ago when I priced it out, it was terrible...even the sales guy was surprised. I'm in the upper midwest - Chicago Region.
  • A guy I know ordered a sport in May and it still is not in. You could be in for a long wait. Did you pick it up or was it an order?
  • Hi Car_man, do you know what the October lease incentives and residuals are for the Explorer? My wife and I are looking at an XLT and Limited for 36/39 months with 15,000 miles.
  • Hi richmusch. Ford Credit's October base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Explorer XLT AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% to 1.5% (the rates very by region) and 55%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 1.25% to 1.75% and 53%.

The lease rates for the '13 Explorer Limited AWD are the same, but the residual values are 2% lower.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • suntisunti Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

Have these rates changed for November?

Thanks.
  • Looking for some assistance... I'm being quoted the following and was looking for some feedback.

2013 Explorer Limited 4WD
    with - Towing Package and Dual Moonroof
    39 month lease
    12K Miles
    $4500 down (trade)

$459/month
    53% Residual
    1.75% Rate
    (includes TTL)

deal?
  • I would shop a couple more dealers, this seems high with the amount off money your putting down. Also you should check out different terms, 24mo. for instance. Ford has been very competitive with the 24 mo. Lease. You also mention trade, carefull they are not telling you $4500.00 and then not reducing the purchase price. Oldest trick in the book, give you more for your trade and not reduce the new car purchase price! Good luck!
  • Thank you for the feedback.

I'm just a little hesitant to put $4500 down (via trade) on a 24 month lease.
  • I totally agree! Keep in mind that if they are buying your car for $4500.00 you donot have to put all that money down .
    You can have them cut you a check back and put down any amount you want and take the difference back. They basically are buying your car for an agreed price of $4500.00, you can put $500.00 down and request a check back for
    $4,000.00...
    If they do not want to cut you a check for what you want, find a new dealer ASAP.
    Good luck!
  • project206project206 Posts: 3
    edited November 2012
    Good morning Car Man,
    I am looking at a 2013 ford explorer xlt/36 months/12k a year. I am being quoted $415 a month, with $415 down. It has 4WD, dual pane roof, 202A package (navigation, heated seats, mytouch sync, etc.) sticker is $40,800. I have $1000 conquest cash from another lease in the household. How does this deal sound?

Thank you.
  • This deal seems pretty good, I would say your getting a very fair price!
  • Whereabouts do you live? I live in the Twin Cities and can't get a deal near that good!
  • That is a steal. Can you post your details.....

I am A plan and can't get my lease numbers that low....
  • To be honest, it does seem too good to be true. I went to another dealer today and they said I would have to put $3500 down to get to that price. I am trading in a 2011 Ford XLT that's like new, but the trade seems to be a wash everywhere I have gotten it appraised, as i owe a good amount on it still. Ive been looking for a while and settled on the explorer. The dealer today said I was upside down on my trade. Doesn't make sense, but I will post if I finish the deal on Friday like I am supposed to. I am in NJ.
  • Hi,

could you refresh the lease rate and residual % for 24 month 12k miles on a 2013 LTD AWD?

Thanks a lot
  • Also I'd like to add that I tried asking Ford Credit but they refused to provide me with that information. Therefore your help would be highly appreciated.
  • sll4sll4 Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    Hi, could you please tell me if I am getting a good deal on a 2013 ford explorer xlt with leather, captain chairs in 2nd row, 202A package (nav, back up camera, power lift gate). 18" tires, black on black. I live in Florida. The term is for 36 months with 18,000 miles. Residual is 53% and money factor is 1.25 with 1,000 total cash down (includes first months payment). Payment is $440 inclusive of taxes. The MSRP is $38,450. They found $2000 in rebates. Do you know if I should ask for them to tint windows since black on black in Florida?
  • aicaic Posts: 1
    Could you kindly provide me the MF/Residual for '13 Explorer XLT/Limited for both 24/36mo. and 15K/year? I've never dealt with Ford for leasing-any tips on offers or incentives? Thank you for the information and I welcome any opinions on leasing this particular vehicle.
  • That's a pretty good deal and I would say they are offering a very fair offer. Especially with the 18,000 miles a year your stating.