Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Explorer Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi Car_man
    First time leasing and while I researched the terms thoroughly Ford seems hesitant to provide lease details- they won't provided the MF but call it a Ford Lease Rate. So need some feedback please:
    2013 XLT with 202A package and a few other accessories totaling to MSRP of $39,860 and sale price after incentives, rebates & $1750 trade-in is $34,241.

24 month lease proposed is $437 including taxes. The "Ford Lease Rate" is.5 (whatever that means) and it seems close to a MF of .00125 according to a lease app I used to back into the MF.

Fast Feedback would be really appreciated and I am close to a deal...
  • Seems like Car Man has left the building.
  • I'm here guys. Questions about Ford leases are often very difficult to answer because it has a whopping twenty-two regions, each one with the potential to have different programs. Needless to say, that's a lot of variables. That's why I don't always stop by the Ford and Toyota discussions as often as I do for the ones of some of the less regional brands.

Let me see what I can find out about the Explorer's lease program for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi jimt126. Ford uses interest rates instead of money factors to calculate vehicles' lease payments. You can convert its lease rates into an approximate money factor equivalent by dividing them by 2400. So a lease rate of 0.5% is equivalent to a money factor of around .00021.

Ford Credit's December base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Explorer XLT 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.5% and 64%.

There is a $1,000 national cash incentive on leases of this truck and various regional incentives.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Many thanks for the information. ALso I wanted to ask, is it fair to say that for 24 month leases, other things being equal the residual on a Limited is normally one or two points lower than that of an XLT?
  • ram81ram81 Posts: 1
    What is the residual value and money factor for Ford Explorer XLT 2013 for 36 months, 10,500 miles?

Thanks.
  • liman2liman2 Posts: 6
    I got this deal, what do you all think? I have put in a deposit and have to pick up in a week.
    2013 XLT 4WD 3.5L V6 TIVCT
    Has the 202A package with rear view, myford touch, voice activated sync, comfort package + Leather, Heated seats, Power lift gate, Voice activated Navigation and some extras.
    Total sticker price before rebates and discounts is $39,700.
    After applying all discounts the price they are using is about 34,000.

Deal is $395/Month 15K miles per year, 36 months.
    Zero down. Total out of pocket is for taxes, DMV, registration and plates = $1950.
  • albert72albert72 Posts: 141
    Would you mind telling where you got the deal from? Thanks,
  • We are looking for near identical model and would like to know where this was offered as well.

Thanks
  • liman2liman2 Posts: 6
    This is in response to the 2 questions before.
    The deal was completed last week and all the terms were exactly as stated before. We did not have to deal with the finance manager also. The lease also came with a complimentary service plan (oil change etc).
    It is an excellent vehicle but just a word of advise...learn the Mysync touch screen navigation system well from the dealer since it is complicated.

I got the deal at

Levittown Ford
    3195 Hempstead Turnpike
    Levittown, NY11756
  • Does anyone Ford's lease rate and residual for February on a XLT AWD(pretty loaded up) Looking for 3 yr/15k. Also, looking or order vehicle from TX dealership, any recomendations

Thanks
  • Hello everyone,

I'm about to start shopping for my 2013 Explorer Limited plus a number of options. I live in the M ichigan.

Looking for lease rates with 39 Months and highest mileage possible. I believe its 19500 per Year.

Can anyone tell me deals they've received and what the Residual and money factor are? also what is the average discount off MSRP?

Much appreciated in advance.
  • I apologize. I meant to say Sport. I'm interested in the Sport Model
  • I just picked up our new Explorer XLT AWD w/202a, navigation, power liftgage, tow package as factory options. The lease rates should be around .5% for Ford tier 0 and 1 on a 36 month lease. I chose to go with a 24 month lease because the rates were so good and I change cars every two years anyway.

I feel pretty good about the deal we just struck at a dealership in MN. I received quotes from several area dealers and ultimately went with the dealer that provided the best overall experience. Even though they were not even close to being the best price, they eventually beat out all other offers. Here was our offer:

24 months, 10,500 miles
    Qualified for lease rate of .25% (mf .0001)
    Rebates- $1750 and $1000 conquest lease cash

MSRP- $40,270
    Sale Price - $36,475
    Taxes/Fees- $2,557
    Residual- $26,578

Total monthly payment - $375/mo
    Only money down was the first months payment.
  • Hello Everyone,

Hope this helps. I got word back from the dealer on the Explorer Sport:

36 Month W/15000 Miles
    Residual: 55%
    Interest: .5

39 Month W/15000 Miles
    Residual: 53%
    Interest: .5

They said there are $1500 in rebates currently. Is that accurate for the North East Region?

Thank You
  • ct44ct44 Posts: 8
    Did you go through Ford.com and request the mailed brochure for the Explorer? It takes about 7-10 days to get. In it there is a coupon for an additional - sorry I forget the exact amount - $1,000 or so off.
  • Thank you for the tip. I'll do that for sure.
  • bretebrete Posts: 8
    Looking for the money factor, residual values on the 2013 Ford Explorer XLT & Sport 24 month lease with 10,500 miles per year.
    Also what rebates and cash incentives are avilable (I am a current Ford lease holder)?
    Northeast

Thanks for the help in advance
  • wegbawegba Posts: 1
    Seems to me like you might be paying too much on the monthly payment. Granted, our terms aren't the same, but I just got an Explorer XLT AWD, 202a, navigation, power lift gate, tow package, and dual panel moonroof in MI.

36 months, 10,500 miles
    Lease rate of .25%
    Rebates - $1500 + $500
    Trade-in - $1000

MSRP - $42,075
    Sale Price - $37,403.98
    Taxes - $886.28 (6% of total monthly payments + 6% of capitalized cost reduction)
    Residual - $23982.75 (57%)

The acquisition and doc fees ($710 total) were rolled into the Sale Price, and I had to pay $567 out of pocket for first month payment plus title, registration, etc.

Total monthly payment - $334/month

I'm not sure what your tax percentage is, but if I try plugging your numbers into an online lease calculator, I'm coming up with a lower payment for you than $375 (around $325). I was assuming 6.85% tax for MN. There is also a difference of $275 between my trade-in and rebates vs your rebates, but that shouldn't affect the monthly payment by much.
  • Best offer I've received so far:

2013 Explorer XLT 4WD with 202A
    All weather floor mats
    Power lift gate
    Dual panel moonroof
    Rear seat DVD
    Trailer tow package
    Navigation
    20" Aluminum wheels
    MSRP $44,545

$2000 lease cash plus $1000 conquest cash

36 months, 15K miles per year with $760 total out of pocket for $442 per month including 7.75% tax rate. I'm looking to do better but it gets exhausting spending so much time at the dealer. Internet quotes aren't coming in this low. Thoughts?
This discussion has been closed.